[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best shooter in the world? Why do teams still play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: goat.jpg (57 KB, 468x717) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
57 KB, 468x717
Who is the best shooter in the world? Why do teams still play with strikers? Who is the closest to solving football like Curry did with basketball?
>>
File: 15SPOjar1.jpg (97 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
15SPOjar1.jpg
97 KB, 1440x810
>riise is back in the norwegian league
wew, i wonder how he will do with his brother
>>
What did vindaloo do to basketball
>>
juan mata is the steph curry of football
>>
File: ronny.jpg (133 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
ronny.jpg
133 KB, 656x369
>>66198496
ronny
>>
>>66198496
Arie Haan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvE5hPDmhSM
>>
Football is a contact sport, you can't solve it.
>>
clearly Robben
he found the one move that works everytime
>>
>>66198823
If he only fixed his ankles like Curry ;(
>>
It's boring to say but Messi is the best long range shooter in football. I remember seeing a stat that Messi's shot from outside of the box is 3.5 times more likely to result in a goal than a shot of an average footballer (Ronaldo was barely above average)
>>
>>66198764
sure you can, you just can't solve it like Kerlon

>>66198823
>>66198745
good shouts

has there ever been a team that just utilised long range shots to manage?
>>
>>66198496
Naldo desu
blooters out the ass
>>
>>66198989
he is good at freekicks, but he rarely shoots from outside the area
>>
>>66198496
>Why do teams still play with strikers?
Because goalkeepers will stop most long shot attempts. To stop a 3 point shooter, you have to block him as the ball leaves his hand, you can't just stand in front of the hoop and swat the ball away.
>>
>>66199076
lel?????
>>
>>66199190
>you can't just stand in front of the hoop and swat the ball away
Why don't they do that? There have to be people who are tall enough to do that
>>
Don't mind me....I'm just GOAT at long range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzgI4WdEp5k
>>
>>66199233
it's illegal to block the ball in descending phase
>>
>>66199233
Goal tending.
Otherwise they'd just stick Yao Ming under the net the whole game with his fist sticking through the hoop.
>>
>>66199233
because it would be zero-zero in quintuple overtime and the games would literally never end. You don't even need to be tall to goaltend every single shot. It's not a challenge.
>>
>>66199233
You're only allowed to block the ball when it's on an upwards trajectory. Which is basically only possible just after it's left the shooter's hands.
>>
File: jYb6pZG.jpg (86 KB, 796x932) Image search: [Google]
jYb6pZG.jpg
86 KB, 796x932
>>66198823
Oh yeah you're fucking right about that.
>>
>>66198823
Le inside cut man
>>
Frank Lampard came close

>le deflected long range goal man
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.