[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posting this here instead of /v/ because /v/ wouldn't talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: NBA_2K16_cover_art.jpg (37 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
NBA_2K16_cover_art.jpg
37 KB, 300x426
Posting this here instead of /v/ because /v/ wouldn't talk about any sports game.

How the fuck am I supposed to get better at this? Nothing seems to affect defense at all. The AI still just casually works around me and scores without fail. Then when I'm on offense, it seems like they can just lock me in one spot and block every shot I try.

I tried turning on playvision and following the instructions, but again, lolblocked. Then the ball gets turned over, and that's more points for the AI.

Just feels like there's nothing I can do to stop them scoring.
>>
git gud
>>
shoot three pointers
>>
>>66176608
>>>/v/
>>
>>66176608
Run pick and roll a lot, run floppy a lot, post up, don't focus on the ball when you're on offense, look for open men, always select who you want to pass it to. On defense, just play lockdown (left trigger) and if they burst by you let go then sprint in the direction theyre going.
>>
It's a shit game, the AI is awful and cheats to win, especially on higher difficulties. 2K spent all their development shekels hiring Spike Lee and creating a meme story mode instead of fixing the broken gameplay, which has been the same for years.

The game is designed for casual niggers, if you wanted a realistic basketball simulation, you will be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>66176635

I've been trying to pick and roll, but the AI basically just ignores the screen and rolls around them.

As far as I can tell, lockdown does fucking nothing to the AI. Still will make passes and shoot perfectly 100% of the time. Yet when the AI locks me down, I might as well just dump the ball off because it's either going to be intercepted or rebounded.
>>
>>66176608
What position do you play? If it's not center , work on your mid-range jumper. Get the timing right and make sure you're set. That and rebounds are the key to getting better, assists help as well, but I find that the teammate AI is kinda derp.
>>
>>66176649
don't listen to this guy

it's legit a really good simulator but I agree the high difficulties especially hall of fame is virtually unbeatable. You can play perfect but it won't matter. Just don't play on hall of fame
>>
>>66176673

I try and play them all, I don't just do the single player thing, I just try and run the plays it tells me to, and play man-to-man for defense.
>>
>>66176671
if they go under the screen then just shoot the three pointer

if they go over the screen, dribble toward the basket and look for the roll man, pull up for the midrange or float it in
>>
Just get NBA2K5, it's the peak of the series and it has a bunch of late 90s/early 2000s weirdos and it was the perfect balance of will vs. skill.
>>
>>66176689
don't bother with that playvision

just learn a few sets (there's different ones for each team but there's a few universal ones like floppy) and sprinkle them in between a healthy diet of pick and roll and post ups
>>
>>66176679

That's the problem, I thought I'd bump it down to rookie, just to get a feel for the game then move upward once I got the hang of it.

Except I'm still losing by 20+ because nothing on defense fucking stops anything.
>>
>>66176731
You're losing by 20+ on rookie? How is that possible?
>>
>>66176747

Because, again, nothing on defense seems to do anything. I hold L2, defense just walks around me. I use right stick, defense just walks around me. I hit triangle to block, just shoots over me.
>>
>>66176757
How terrible are you at basketball in real life? A lot of your problems seem like timing issues.
>>
>>66176757
You're still supposed to move with the ball, holding LT is just more intense. Just stay between the man and the basket, don't go for steals. Blocks are just s matter of timing. Never use right stick, it's shit.
>>
>>66176770

Pretty terrible.

>>66176776

Yeah, I try and put myself between him and the basket, but they just seem capable of moving quicker than I can. If I'm on offense, I'm slowed to a crawl when they're in my face, and will not make ANY shot. When it's the other way, they can still move at full speed and will throw shots as if I'm not there.
>>
>>66176803
Just stay a few feet in front of your man, then if he starts driving tap left trigger and move your analog stick in the direction he's going and it should prevent him from driving. You don't have to hold it all the time and you can also just lightly push down on the trigger for less intense D. Just practice
>>
Don't hold down the LT or L2 all the time on defense, it will make you really slow that's why they walk around you.. desu I was having the same problem when I started playing NBA 2k but it was because I had no concept of how nba defenses work, watch some real life games that'll help too and basically try to always be in front of your opponent, after you got that down then you can start learning when to use intense-D.

Also, don't try steals yet you'll fail and allow easy points and grow more frustrated.

Tl:Dr watch some games and git gud
>>
>>66176608
>>>/vg/
>>
>>66176608
uh? watch u toob videos and get better? doesn't hurt to have played bball before. use the play vision and put it on fuckin easy mode. what a dork
>>
>>66176704
2k5 might have the goat roster 2bh
>>
>>66176704
I scored 100 points with speedy claxton and tyson chandler in that game.
>>
play as a shot blocking center and set your defensive POE to either limit perimeter shots/play physical defense

play back on the PnR and just roam the paint.

for offense spam PnRs and make sure you have icon passing on and abuse mismatches/openings.
>>
So I've tried some of these tips.

None of them works. I'm still getting slaughtered.

What am I supposed to press on defense? Because I'm getting up in them, trying to block...nope. Still making passes and shots as if they can do it straight through me.

Every single layup I make, without fail, will hit the rim. The ONLY points I'm scoring is 3s, because that's just a matter of timing.

Defense is the biggest problem though. Even just in practice mode on rookie for post moves (so 2v2), the AI just wanders up, pushes me out of the way, and makes an easy layup.
>>
>>66177073
it's pretty infuriating how easily the computer can strip you but even when you go for steals in the right situation you find yourself stuck in a retarded animation for two seconds
>>
>>66179248
I usually use right stick up.. when I know I will be little late or something.. u dont need to block every shot..
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 200x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 200x342
>>66176731
>>66176757
>brits in charge of understanding 2k games
>>
>>66179248
If I'm not mistaken use the right stick to lunge at them when they push you out of the way. You wont get completely in front of them, but combine that with a good contest and you'll make it a tough shot.
>>
>>66176608
practice with your go to teams players to see their hotspots, memorize, then rape opponent
>>
I've never liked how 2k gave you shitty ass ratings even though you were picked in the top 10/15 desu
>>
>>66176608
2K16 is great because its the first game that is really hard on Hall of Fame Level. The game actually requires knowing about basketball.
If you're lacking on offense, focus more on defense. I play full court defense on the PG the whole game. Don't reach, just stay with him and try to control him.

On offense, pick and roll or calling a post up play for your best big man is the way to go.
>>
>>66176679
exactly. Ive played just about every basketball game that ever existed since the 80's. Ive had the last 4 NBA 2ks and this is the first one that I can't beat on Hall of Fame Level because its a great game. I find myself using my basketball IQ and laughing because it actually works.
>>
>>66176731
If you can't beat the game on rookie then its because you suck. I play on Superstar if I want to win and Hall of Fame if I want a real challenge. I literally use my pg for full court defense and create lots of turnovers from that.
>>
>>66194105
I know plenty about basketball but hall of fame is just unfair. I win maybe two out of ten times. Not talking about my player.
>>
>>66194165
I don't even bother with my player. I play mostly historic teams or maybe Cavs,GSW,Spurs. Hall of fame is difficult and thats what I like. I compete at superstar but can generally win every time. This is the only basketball game that I couldn't dominate on the hardest level. This is a great game. I played at a high level (college) and am impressed with the amount of basketball IQ needed to win.
>>
I enjoy the inevitable 4th quarter collapse of my team in every game. There's no reason why buzzer beaters are hard as fuck. I've made literally one, but then it was called off after reviewing the clock.
>>
>>66194198
the game uses some time of momentum thing that happens throughout the game. If you try to just keep playing and "beat it", it adjusts. You cant really just dominate the whole game, it adjusts. So when this momentum shift happens, you need to adjust. Sub a better defender in the game, slow the tempo, focus more on defense.
>>
>>66194198
>a videogame so unpractical they have reviewing of clocks instead of just calling it off because muh drama

>>>/v/
>>
>>66194215
I'm very aware I need to adjust, it just seems like nothing works for a stretch. Like I'll be up 12, they'll shoot lights out and no defense works, meanwhile I can't shoot for shit, they'll either pull even or go up, and then things turn back to normal.
>>
the only shitty things about the game IMO are the passing still sucks sometimes, the defensive switching, sometimes the post game is a little off. Ive had them miss wide open shots under the basket because I didn't fully concentrate on good shooting. Also, when I dive for the ball and it takes forever to pass.
>>
>>66194235
you need to just weather the storm as best as possible. I notice that happening to sometimes where they start catching up and my big man will miss a wide open shot under the basket. But the game usually corrects itself. I notice it will ease up and I can create turnovers on defense.
>>
I play 12 min quarters, no injuries, no fatigue. I play full court defense on your PG or SG and Im damn good locking people up. If you struggle at this game its because of defense. Don't reach and don't let your man get too much space from you because once he can get a step ahead of you your teammate will leave his man to defend yours and your teammates man will be open for a shot and won't miss. Thats real basketball, move your feet and utilize good team defense. I like how deadly the computer is on open shots.
>>
>>66194196
What college?
>>
>>66194292
>12 min quarters

the fuck's wrong with you?
>>
>>66194321
Oregon State
>>
>>66194338
so..what the fuck are you doing here?
>>
File: 1457386799652.png (285 KB, 598x598) Image search: [Google]
1457386799652.png
285 KB, 598x598
>willingly buying a game with the worst thing to ever happen to basketball on the cover.
>>
>>66194346
but that's not Michael Jordan
>>
>>66194344
huh?
>>
>>66194363
why aren't you pro
>>
>>66194376
Why aren't you?
>>
>>66194376
I got a season ending injury when I tore my groin getting head from some bitches right before I was going to declare
>>
>>66194392
kek

>>66194384
I am
>>
>>66176731
>lose by 20
>rookie
>>
It was either 2k14 or 2k15 where the career mode was so goddamn tedious. Normally, your rookie stats are horrible anyways, but my nigga was like a 6 foot, 5 inches SG that couldn't even make a wide open jump shot half the time even though it said my shot release was perfect. That and not being able to dunk is silly. I know they won't you to work for stats, but I'm literally playing a nigger that's over six feet that was a first round draft pick in the NBA. I should be able to dunk the fucking ball without raising any stats.
>>
we used to have /2k/ threads all the time. we're on twittersp now
>>
When your playing defense, just switch to the center and guard the post. Let the AI guard the ball.

On offense, spam pick and roles and use the icon passing to find open teammates near the basket or around the 3 point line.
>>
>>66194332
casual detected
>>
>Anthony Davis' name in the cover
FUCKING DISGUSTING
>>
>>66176608
I was in your position once m8. On offense just keep running pick and roll and dump to anybody on the wings if the roller is covered. Someone from the wing sometimes rotates to the open man, leaving the corner 3 wide open

On D, just double team until you get the hang of sticking to your man. To this day the CPU still manages to blow by me, but I can also force pick ups and steals from learning how to defend
>>
>>66196801
12 minute quarters are shit, even on superstar the score were in the 180s when I tried it
>>
>>66197427
Though this was in 2k13 when I spammed 3s
>>
Friendly reminder that the last realistic nba 2k gameplay wise was nba 2k11
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.