[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best team in the league >don't win the league Typical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1281x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1281x761
>best team in the league
>don't win the league
Typical Spurs
>>
>>66175538
Lester also scored 53
>>
>>66175538
>still gets raped in Europe

>c-concentrating for the league la'

>will eventually drop points and end up 3rd at best while Lestah win the league
>>
>>66175578
we deserve criticism for that, but it's important to note how good dortmund are, how sexy tuchel is and how we always rotate in europe.

poch's fuck up was not playing dier. that match end 2-1 dortmund if dier is in. not to mention the 11th official missing th eobvious pen right in front of his useless piece of shit self.

oh well, i'm just mad that we didn't show dortmund any respect. the rest of you can fuck off though.
>>
>>66175538

It's typical as hell for Tottenham to have this incredible season only to be overshadowed by an even better underdog story though.

>>66175578
Go back to your containment thread.
>>
File: NLD.jpg (82 KB, 594x381) Image search: [Google]
NLD.jpg
82 KB, 594x381
>>66175618
>we
>>
>Chances created

God I fucking hate this retarded shite.
>>
File: jan vertonghen (4).gif (1020 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
jan vertonghen (4).gif
1020 KB, 500x200
>>66175620
We have the best defense and joint best attack. That's not going to change, because we are very consistent. Leicester have been playing with fire all season, all it takes is one implosion and they are done. It's there's to lose at this point. Spurs can just keep having fun and winning games.
>>
>>66175538
>best team in the league
>won 16 games out of 30
You can't outmeme me you fucking memer
>>
>>66175645
this so much.

>5 yard sideways pass
>team mate tries to bloot one in from 35 yards out
>10m above goal
>chance created
>>
>>66175578

The only reason to care about winning the Lelopa league is to qualify for the CL, because there's no prestige or money in it. But Spurs already have a top 4 spot wrapped up so they don't need it. And with Leicester being their competition, everything right now should be about winning the league title, something which they haven't done in many decades.
>>
>>66175650
>Leicester have been playing with fire all season, all it takes is one implosion and they are done.

Could say the same thing about Spurs tbf. If Kane, Dier, or Alderweireld get injured, it's over.

>Spurs can just keep having fun and winning games.

They're still only 5 points away and this is their best chance to win the league in more than 20 years, I'm sure the players are under a ton of pressure.
>>
>>66175650
We'll lose to Liverpool, Chelsea and probably draw against Stoke
>>
Being the best team in the league is not typical Spurs.
>>
>>66175672
I think they'll lose to Liverpool, draw against United, and beat everyone else. Still won't be enough to win the league though.
>>
>>66175650

April will destroy the Spurs title chances.
>>
>>66175666
That would count as an attempt.

But somehow they have more attempts than chances created.
>>
>>66175673
See
>>66175620

It's typical Spurs luck, or rather, lack of luck.
>>
All those stats say is that Tottenham is the most offensively productive team in the league which doesn't necessarily make them the best.
>>
A chance created would be like Lamela's pass to Kane on Sunday where Kane got in front of the keeper but his the crossbar
>>
>>66175633
Forgive me for identifying with the club I've only seen in person once when they played a friendly in my city.

>>66175670
To be fair, we had our chance and dropped 5 points against Big Bilic and 10 man Arsenal. The pressure is off because the side already fucked up. Now it's just a keep winning and see what happens kind of thing. Leicester are in control, let's see how they handle it when it matters.

And I meant more in play style. Leicester play without the ball and concede a decent amount of goals. All it take is 2 or 3 of these matches where they can't score, because it's clear that they will continue to concede. Spurs have the best defense in the league though, so there is reason to believe that our goal difference/form will continue. Leicester are still the favorites though.

>>66175672
I see "big wins" against Liverpool and Chelsea (they're mid table sides now, well Liverpool is) and fuck ups against shit sides. We'll see what happens. Just want top 3 to be honest.
>>
File: poch (118).jpg (57 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
poch (118).jpg
57 KB, 618x416
>>66175688
I would agree with you every other year. But things are different these days with Poch.
>>
>>66175692
>>66175700
>Chance created – A pass that leads to a shot on goal.
http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions
>>
>>66175725

Don't Pooch teams collapse in the last month because of over training?
>>
>>66175726
Surely nearly every shot that comes from open play is preceded by a pass.
>>
>>66175736
I will accept this criticism. It happened last year. The only difference is that this season, we have Dier dropping back, so the defense of Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen/Wimmer and Dier shouldn't be too worn out. And we have rotated the fullbacks consistently. I do worry about Eriksen, Alli and Kane though.
>>
>>66175736
Last season, the players simply weren't used to it, which is understandable. This season, Poch purged the players that didn't want to work hard and a lot of the players that stayed are the players that worked hard last season.
They SHOULD be ok this season
>>
>>66175725
>But things are different these days with Poch.

Spurs kind of collapsed in April and May last season, though. They only got 11 points from their last 8 games.
>>
P O C H O U T
O
C
H
O
U
T
>>
>>66175755
see this:

>>66175742
>>66175751

Not to say it won't happen, but it shouldn't be as bad.
>>
Is this the Leicester thread? Where shall I put my shoes?
>>
>>66175762
I miss that twitter account. Wish the guy would have kept it up, maybe turned it into a parody or something once it became obvious how wrong he was.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1276x1210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1276x1210
Me on the left
>>
The best team is the one with the most points.

The point of football isn't most chances, shots on target or even number of goals scored, ITS
WINNING FUCKING GAMES.

LEICESTER
LEICESTER

LEICESTER
LEICESTER
>>
>>66175787
I'm not wrong
>>
>>66175798
i've been edging for 10 years now and my balls are huge (well, normal now). gonna get this tat before i accidentally feel a slight breeze on my nuts.
>>
>>66175667
>The only reason to care about winning the Lelopa league is to qualify for the CL
Tell that to Atletico.
Winning it twice really turned things round for them in sporting terms and support.
>>
>>66175902
I agree. The Europa League is important. Spurs usually take it seriously, but our rotation is usually enough to win. Dortmund was just too much for that rotated side though, Poch got that one wrong.
>>
>>66175538
But Leicester have scored the same amount of goals with less attempts i.e. they're better and more efficient at scoring
>>
>>66175578
Third is fucking brilliant you idiot
>>
>>66175922
this graphic was from before lestah-downcastle
>>
>>66175918

>our
>>
>>66175742
who do you have but kane up front though? if you had splashed the cash on a backup striker you probably would have won the league
>>
>>66175957
our, we, us, etc.

>>66175962
It's a problem. We should have got Berahino or Dembele 2.0. No arguments here. Chadli and Son can play up front, but it's obviously not ideal.
>>
Anyone else think Tottenham will be Barcelona tier in 5 years or so?
>>
>>66175980
Obviously no
>>
>>66175980
Not even filthy rich clubs like PSG and City can be Barça tier.
>>
>>66175973

>we

Whereabouts in Tottingham are you from m8?
>>
>>66175980

no they really won't
>>
>>66175980
Maybe, 02/03 Barcelona that is
>>
>>66175980
no, but I can see Barcelelna being Tottenham level in 5 years or so if it makes you feel better
>>
>>66175741
Not at all you idiot. Do you watch football?
>>
File: soldado (265).png (569 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
soldado (265).png
569 KB, 590x590
>>66176040
I saw them live once when they came to the US for a preseason friendly. Here's Soldado, Lamela and Holtby. As you can see, I am a /lifelong/ fan and identify with the club. Don't ever question me again.
>>
>>66176160
Nice shoop la
>>
>>66176188
Leicester weren't even in FIFA when I discovered Spurs, so don't rub it in when I change to a /lifelong/ clapper this week.
>>
>>66175578
Sperm was an embarassment in Europe.
>>
>>66176209

Dortmund have wrecked far better teams than Spurs. At least Spurs didn't go and lose to Monaco or PSV or some team like that.
>>
>>66175918
This is probably the only one time where the "w-we don't care guise" has a real base, this year they have a legit chance of winning the league, that's huge.

I still don't get why everyone thinks playing two games a week is some inhuman strain, to the mines for a year I say, let's see if they can play two footy games a week then.
>>
>play youth team in Europe, so you can focus on the league
>lose said league

kek
>>
>>66177433
>>lose said league

Have they lost it? I thought they were 5 points behind with 8 games to go. And either way, securing a finish in the top 4 is more important than the Europa League (and it's way more than anybody expected Spurs to achieve at the beginning of the season).
>>
>>66175741
Kek

What are turnovers
What is dribbling
>>
>>66175666

>5 yard pass sideways
>team mate skins 3 players and scores from 30 yards
>ASSIST
>>
>>66175661

This.

This sort of thing happens frequently over a season. Liverpool in 2008/09 lost only twice and scored the most goals, but finished 4 points behind the winners.

Therefore they weren't the best team.
>>
>>66178998
They also did the double over the champions (man u) that season...

I find league's don't always make the "best team" the winner as quite often teams can win leagues through consistently beating the bottom 12-14 teams in the league and not actually having that great a record against the best teams.

that's why from 05-2010 liverpool and united had very comparable records in the CL but united won the league three times in a row whilst liverpool didn't win it once, league winning teams aren't necessarily the best in the league in head to head terms but they're almost always the best at grinding out wins when not playing well and beating the teams near the bottom of the table.
>>
>Best team
>5 points behind
>Leicester 1-1 Spurs
>Spurs 0-1 Leicester

excuse me?
>>
>>66178303
I agree, assists are a meme stat as well, just like chances created.
>>
>>66175798
Good goy
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.