[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree he made the worst mystory mode in 2k /sp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: spike lee.jpg (45 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
spike lee.jpg
45 KB, 576x324
Can we agree he made the worst mystory mode in 2k /sp/
>>
There has only been 1 story mode correct? Need more substance to make a comparison.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>>/v/

>all that the nigga friend did was to leech money and smoke weed
>he should have died earlier in the history to be honest
>it had literally nothing to do with the game, it was almost like a racing game where your character takes care of a dog during the day, while betting pink slips during the night
>>
Was a shit fest if making anything other than a virtual nigger. My white boy grew up in Harlem surrounded by darkies. I guess he was adopted.

Also, what the fuck? I ain't playing no twelve minute quarters motherfucker.
>>
>play through 4 seasons as a SF
>want to make a PG
>have to do the HS/College bullshit
>turn off PS4

Fuck Spike Lee and 2k
>>
>>66132400
>adopted
Either that or cucking. Made my character, white with nigger parents, twin sister is nigger aswell, something is off.
>>
Actually, fuck 2k. I'm getting NBA Live 17.
>>
Well, one thing was right on it though: They really captured how stupid basketball players are.
>>
>>66132440
kek
>>
i'm convinced spike lee thinks, "video games aww fo kids." the story was so cliche and heavy-handed, it was like it was made for kids
>>
>>66132460
The common person likes heavy-handed cliche stories
>>
The change to badges just made it more grinding and still had people go for the same badges without trying new types of players.
>>
>>66132476
Fucking normies, am I right fellas?
>>
Does atleast have some choices?i am watching TBP lets play and it just feels like a movie with occasionaly a game of basketball.
>>
>>66132476
>tfw
this world just isn't for me
or maybe i'm not for this world
>>
spike is a piece of shit that makes garbage movies
>>
>>66132509
racist
>>
>>66132496
Only college choice, free agency, and then how you spend off days (practice, social media, etc.) in your second year. The first year is just how you wish there was a dedicated college basketball game again and going through Spike's bullshit story as fast as possible.
>>
>>66132497
>le born in the wrong generation face
>>
>>66132497
That's literally why you're on 4chan.

>>66132496
No, you don't, atleast not relevant ones. Picking shoes is unrealistic as fuck. Well, you can pick your free agent once it's all over but then your faggot friend dies with your car.

>>66132521
Spike Lee sucks. Cinema is a shitty art as a whole, but Spike Lee really shines on making it bad.
>>
wait your family is black no matter what race your player is? how is that not racist as fuck?
>>
>>66132549
Black people can't be racist, shitlord
>>
>>66131894

Yes.
>>
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jv2zyeo
>>
>>66132549
Not just that, your character will also act like a nigger no matter how white you make him. First cutscene after draft is you in a Rolls Royce talking about rap with your useless best friend. You spend days and days on social media and somehow it matters. You engage on 10/10 bantz with fellow players in All-Star games.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 has a better storyline desu onii-senpai.
>>
>>66132549

He even sounds black. I made King of the Mexicans with a mullet and shitty mo and he still talks like he learnt English by listening to NWA.
>>
Most overrated director of all time.
>>
>GF suddenly materializes in the first cutscene
>act like she has been with you for 10 years already
dude what the fuck, did they skip something?
>>
>>66132595
Who /BO$$ KEY YACHT$/ here?
>>
>>66132588

my guy was an ayshun and he still nigged and nogged like there was no tomorrow
>>
To direct the next NBA story mode
y/n?
>>
File: it's scrolling.webm (233 KB, 500x144) Image search: [Google]
it's scrolling.webm
233 KB, 500x144
>>66132645
You deserve this.
>>
>>66132645

Couldn't do any fucken worse.
>>
>>66132668
just because hipsters and lesbians enjoy him doesn't make me a hipster, or a lesbian.
>>
>>66132677
It's a basketball game. It doesn't need directing on a story mode. What it needs - and it may be complicated for all them underaged LeBron fans to understand - is actual basketball.
>>
>>66132645
What about him?
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxODcwMDk0ODYx[1].jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxODcwMDk0ODYx[1].jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>66132693
w/ Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter DLC
>>
>>66132703
Seriously, he's got issues. It's one thing to have pet actors. It's another entirely when you cast your wife because she can't get any other work. See also: Judd Apatow and his wife.
>>
>>66132690
You right it needs an actual story m8
>>
>>66132693
>player is a secret agent for the FBI
>has to dress up as a fat black lady
>while playing in the NBA
>the climax of the story is when your uncle abuses you
>>
File: Guy_Ritchie_2012[1].jpg (55 KB, 511x720) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Ritchie_2012[1].jpg
55 KB, 511x720
>FIFA 17 : Be a Pro
>A Guy Ritchie's joint
>>
How about a brand new story mode, directed by Quentin Mementino about a Latvian boy who was born 7'5'', grew up throwing potatoes on baskets and then someone found him in the middle of nowhere, teach him the fundamentals of basketball, and he got drafted by the Knicks while a shit nigger slowly changed his opinion over him because he was wrong all along, and you end up being the name of the franchise over Carmelo because he was another stupid nigger.

>>66132738
I like this. But will it be Guy Ritchie before or after Shitlock Holmes?
>>
>>66132690
i don't know man, i think it needs the player to feel he has something to do, while still having choices.

the last NBA i played it had some choices, like how would you respond to interviews, with your players/coach, etc, it was nice, even if minimum.
I didn't play the new one, but i feel like a story is not that bad if is not heavy handed and cringy.
>>
>>66132766
The best choice you can have on a basketball game is either shoot or pass. No other kind of choice is kind of relevant anyway.
>>
>>66132766
The entire point of a MyPlayer mode is player choice and to take it all away was really dumb. It's not even hard to make a story about a superstar athlete. You could hang out all night or you could study film. You could act like an ass in public or give straight answers. Everything gives a boost to either popularity or a temporary or even permanent boost.

>>66132784
The biggest setback with 2K basketball is being stuck in animations when you don't want to. Then, there's the issue that befalls all sports games and that's rubberband AI. The base game itself is still top notch. But all you see are complaints about Ultimate Team bullshit, or MyPlayer or the online blacktop.
>>
>that part where his mom explains why his name is Frequent Vibrations

what the fuckkkk
>>
>>66132840
is it just me or did the warping/suction actually get worse in 16?
>>
>>66131894
>spike lel
>expecting him to write a good story
what were they thinking?
>>
>>66132857
>Spike Lee thought Frequency Vibrations is a good name
>Multiple people read the script and agreed

2K probably just wanted to advertise it as a Spike Lee joint when that nigga hasn't made anything good in almost 20 years.

>>66132897
I haven't played since Christmas, but I changed the way I play to avoid getting stuck in animations. Deny ball is still the best way to not get fucked over.
>>
>>66132968
Remember when it was
>NBA 2K13 Executive Produced by Jay Z
? I mean what does he have to do with it? I can't even-
>>
>>66132460
Well I'm sure 90% of people who play 2k are between 10-20
>>
>>66132981
We know have 2 (3 if you didn't like Pharrell's choice of music in 2k15) instances of them just grabbing some popular black person for marketing. If they do that shit again, I'm skipping out.
>>
>>66133055
tbf there's only Obama left
>>
gotta admit vic was the real mvp
>>
File: yall Niggas gay.png (926 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yall Niggas gay.png
926 KB, 1280x720
>>66132367
>NBA player with million dollar contract
>Freely giving your best friend whatever he wants
>pick both
Do you even friends IRL
>>
>>66133078
call me up when Lil B does the rating of the players

>Hardem OVR 13
>>
File: 4u.png (241 KB, 440x458) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
241 KB, 440x458
how assblasted would a fanbase be if:

>Draft a potential superstar
>only problem is he has a loose cannon for a friend
>Release player because he won't stop talking to friend
>friend ends up getting killed
>player picks new team anyway, suceeding heavily

also fuck 2K for not making me MVP or even an all-nba team when I averaged 30 ppg and 10 assist and led the 76ers to 60 wins
>>
>>66133136
Vic was a bitch

dying was the only considerate thing he ever did
>>
>>66133492
Not leading the 76ers to the championship and winning. What a cuck.
>>
>>66132460
well apehoop is for 5-10 year olds and the adults that are interested have a similar mental capacity, so it makes sense
>>
>>66132523
>you wish there was a dedicated college basketball game
no
>>
>Hating Boss Key Yacht
The guy was on pace to be the next 2-pac
>>
>>66133798
Spike Lee is such a hack

>lets put 3 random words just so we can reference a black artist
>>
BO$$
O
$
$

K3Y
Y

YACHT$
>>
JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH FROM DOWNTOWN
>>
What will the next gimmick be?
>>
really dont like the new career mode and controlls, just want the nba2k11/2k12 shit back so much better
>>
>>66135968

My sausage eating recipe posting German friend is right, the controls have gone to shit

Is it just me or does the playstyle feel very "loose" as in it's like your player is sliding around on ice?

Is there a stat in MyPlayer that fixes that?
>>
>muh struggling black youths
>muh basketball

Does every one of his movies really contain at least one of these?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>66132480
>>66132497
>>
>AI forces you to commit turnover just so they can show season stats
>>
>>66132598
I won't go THAT far. He's done some great movies, but he doesn't have any accolades, so, he can't be overrated. Quentin and the guy who did Interstellar/Inception are waaay more overrated.
>>
>>66132761
At least you'll hear the word "nigger" 1346 times.
>>
Why don't we get Larry Bird to direct the next NBA story mode?
>>
>>66141145
kill whitey
>>
>>66136138
Glad I'm not the only that felt like this. I've played nba 2k since 11 and this is the only one where it just felt impossible to control my guy. On defense, it feels like his lateral speed is wayyyyy too high and he can't stop for shit. I kept sliding pass my man on defense.

Also, the spike lee shit would've been fine if we still had a classic myplayer mode where you make the choices. I would love the high school/college set up where I could make my own fucking choices. Maybe have the top 3 high schools for each state so you can still select a hometown. Dunno about euros or Asia.
>>
I hate how there is no possible way for my character to be white. Even if I change the skin tone and put all the proportions the lowest possible amount, he still looks like a nigger with big lips and massive nose.
>>
>>66142573
2K can't do mouths properly. You'll always have a chimp skull.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.