[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lads, my friend has wanted to go to England to experienc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Newcastle-United-goal[1].jpg (45 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Newcastle-United-goal[1].jpg
45 KB, 615x409
Hey lads, my friend has wanted to go to England to experience the "English football athmosphere". We are regular supporters here in Camp Nou (we go every other game) and we have now the opportunity to go to Newcastle as there is a sale in flights from Barcelona to Newcastle. Do you think it's a good idea? Thoughts? Recommendations?

>my friend wants to see the """banter"""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzuEjNK1nWw
>>
>>66084804
pls answer bongs, I want to know if Geordies will bet us up

we look English btw
>>
Try and come for the Tyne and Wear derby match, there'll be good banter because it'll be home + Adam Johnson
>>
>>66084852
>March the 20th

that would be cool, don't know if we can make it
>>
>>66084839
Of course not , dont be silly
>>
Are you from Catalonia?
>>
>>66084804
Try and go when they play someone shit and it could be alright. If not then they'll get smashed and all the fans will just boo the team off and leave early.
>>
It depends what happens in the recent future, at the moment under Steve McClaren the club is dying and there is no atmosphere, people are just waiting for the other team to score so they can boo.

There's talk of Rafa Benitez taking over quite soon though so maybe that will lift the atmosphere.

>>66084839
I'm from London and I'd have to say that Geordies are probably the friendliest people in England.
>>
File: 1392152066097.jpg (23 KB, 587x616) Image search: [Google]
1392152066097.jpg
23 KB, 587x616
>>66085591
>recent future
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 192x147) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 192x147
Honest to god season ticket holder here.

Go to the derby if you can because you'll see some emotion but for the love of god you're better off flying to Newcastle and going to the stadium of light.

The stands are full of either silent depressed fans or people who occasionally try and shout the team on by swearing at them.

Atmosphere dead. Hope dead. Season dead. Club dead.

>tfw I'm still going to every match.
>>
i used to hear all the time that newcastle has (had?) the best atmosphere.
>>
Bit of a long story. (Expat Geordie here) The current owner, Fat Bastard Mike Ashley, has spent the past decade raping the club, its history and its competitive ability. The atmosphere at St James Park used to be legendary. But eight years of constant losses, relegation and general suffering has robbed the place of its enthusiasm. Geordies will go mental at the slightest sign of positivity, but every time it has been taken away.

The Tyne-Wear derby is on soon. If you really want to go, go to that. Riots are a regular occurence during these game, so keep your eyes peeled, particularly after the game. If Benitez is manager by then the Geordies will like you even more. They're exceptionally friendly by British standards, so don't worry about getting smacked up. Unless you go out of your way to be a cunt.
>>
get the train to Edinburgh and go to a Hearts match instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1AfnyrZZA
>>
>>66086671
i saw the other post lad, just know your mistake will forever be here and was seen
>>
I went to Uni in Newcastle, really enjoyed it, fun place.
>>
>>66086698

sorry mate. i havent been on 4chan in fucking ages. forgot you never had to manually embed.

either way, that video is class

>the noise
>the hearts fan giving it the "get it up you" gestures
>the hibs fan running on to go fight him
>the steward just about headbutting the hibs fan as he takes him away
>the hearts fan still managing to give the finger to the hibs as he gets lead away

what a video
>>
>>66086097
word up too true brother most of england is smoken but always avoid the red side of liverpool nigga
>>
>>66086779
geordies may try to come on your back doeeeeee
>>
I had to leave, thank you for your answers anons.

And yes >>66085557
>>
>>66084804
>english
>football
>atmosphere
>>
>>66084804
Not going to lie, the atmosphere at St James is terrible at the moment (although that may change if by some miracle Rafa gets the job)

I wouldn't let it put you off going though, Newcastle is a fun little city
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.