[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Benitez
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: Rafael-Benitez.jpg (109 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Rafael-Benitez.jpg
109 KB, 1200x800
Is he, dare I say it, the saviour of Geordieland?
>>
no

will be quite a step down going from real madrid to the championship
>>
He'd have to be an absolute madman to take the job. Even worse than Garde thinking he could save Villa
>>
File: 8fJQFbA.jpg (147 KB, 1091x1296) Image search: [Google]
8fJQFbA.jpg
147 KB, 1091x1296
Holy shit this is actually happening.
>>
>>66082099
It's weird how his career has gone so far downhill. His Valencia and Liverpool teams were fantastic, no idea what happened to him after that.
>>
File: rafa is a geordie.png (678 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
rafa is a geordie.png
678 KB, 640x907
Oh shit son
>>
File: ending.jpg (1 MB, 1440x816) Image search: [Google]
ending.jpg
1 MB, 1440x816
>>66082339
>his Liverpool teams were fantastic

Meh.

Winning the 2005 Champions League with Houllier's deadwood was astonishing.

Then only a solitary FA cup win in the remaining years.

Should have won the league in 08/09 but bottled it during Jan/Feb of that season. The Reina; Carragher-Hyypia (or Agger/Skrtel); Mascherano-Alonso; Gerrard; Torres line up was incredible, but he was super-conservative for the early part of the season.

He spent poorly thereafter (Aquilani) and left the club in a poor state from which they've yet to recover.
>>
>>66082303
Me on the right
>>
>>66082402

Me on the left
>>
>>66082394
Me on the right.
>>
>>66082099
Personally I would be so pleased if he got the job

That said, the only way >we will avoid relegation is if half the players pull their thumbs out of their arses
>>
Hopefully they stay up and have consistent philosophy followed with good funding over the next few seasons. Ashley pls

>>66082303
>>66082402
Mia Malkova or however you spell her name

>>66082407
No idea who that lass is
>>
>>66082394
>He spent poorly thereafter (Aquilani) and left the club in a poor state from which they've yet to recover.

I don't think it's fair to blame him for this, Liverpool's owners completely destroyed the team financially. When the new guys stepped in a few years ago, they had to spend 200 million pounds just to keep Liverpool from going bankrupt.
>>
>>66082541

This. Ashley won't let him go crazy in the market. Besides, Aquilani would be a great signing by our current standards.
>>
I just want Newcastle to stay up so I can enjoy true geordie's rants, all that rage can't be good for his heart
>>
>>66082541
The owners were shit, but Benitez should bear some culpability.

He completely alienated the excellent Xabi Alonso, attempting for years to try and replace him with Gareth Barry ffs.

Alonso fucked off at the end of 08/09 and they couldn't find a way to supply their forwards in 09/10, after which Benitez was promptly sacked.
>>
Despite RdM winning the CL like that, I still think Benitez is the luckiest manager around.
>>
>>66082700
Getting that Liverpool team to the Champions League final, past Mourinho's Chelsea in the semis, was a great tactical achievement.

Messing up the first half of the final and relying upon Dietmar Hamann and Milan bottling the second half was a stroke of luck, mind.
>>
If Rafa can't save us no one (available) can.

Also might be cool to have a good defence, which is something we've never had.
>>
>>66082710
It's not only that. The fa cup won thanks to Gerrard saving his ass, the EL with Chelsea where he got the job because Roman hated Di Matteo and Benitez had the best team in the cup, just from the top of my mind.
>>
>>66082700
>I still think Benitez is the luckiest manager around.
How? He did a great job at Valencia and Liverpool
>>
>>66082760
I dunno, there's an art of being in the right place at the right time/making your own luck in football, no?

Are you a salty A.C. Milan fan?
>>
>>66082789
No, and I am neither a Inter fan.
>>
>>66082530
I know who I am, thank you very much.
>>
File: 1324193914388.jpg (19 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
1324193914388.jpg
19 KB, 248x233
>>66082789
>not knowing Italian Chelse/a/ fan
>>
>>66082742

We had a good defence when Woodgate was here.

So one year.
>>
its happening lads
>>
This appointment is better than we could have dreamed of for a club in our desperate and dire situation.

Ashley and Charnley must be giving him everything he wants. He won't take any shit from anyone. It'll be nice to have a manager who isn't an absolute regime sycophant.
>>
Liverpool fan here, Rafa will always be my hero. The team he built I doubt I'll ever see a Liverpool team that good again.

If Ashley gives him control of transfers and the back room stuff, I have no doubt he will succeed. Rafa is tactically an incredibly good coach, man management is poor, but I doubt Newcastle players have egos like Chelsea or Real Madrid.

He's literally the best they could have got, I have no doubt Newcastle will be challenging in the top 7 within 2-3 years, and he'll probably win a trophy along the way

Well done Geordies, you've struck gold
>>
If we get him, Benitez will drill this lot within an inch of their lives until they know exactly what they're doing.

Sissoko won't know what's hit him, the lazy cunt.
No more Mitrovic up top by himself. Give him a partner or don't play him.
Midfielders actually in midfield and not in front of the CBs
Gouffran and Colback sacrificed to the footballing gods on the first day of training.
>>
>yfw rafa has newcastle challenging for top 4 within 5 years
>>
>>66083906
In the championship.
>>
>>66082567

True Geordie will still upload vids if we go down.
>>
>Spending big money on shit players
>Four managers in two seasons
>Pursuing big name vanity signings like Benitez and Lazacette

Mike Ashley has finally embraced the Newcastle way. TYBM
>>
>ABRafas

Quickest way to spot a pleb
>>
File: 1356134287098.png (90 KB, 264x329) Image search: [Google]
1356134287098.png
90 KB, 264x329
>Yfw delusional Geordies now believe they'll do a Leicester
>>
>>66084421
well memed

Our fanbase are mostly morons though. See:

Alister Barnes
Is anyone else completely underwhelmed if #NUFC appoint Benitez? Really doubt he's the man to save us. Moyes or Rodgers for me...
>>
File: 1395507340231.png (110 KB, 416x357) Image search: [Google]
1395507340231.png
110 KB, 416x357
OI OI LADS
CHAMPION'S LEAGUE HERE WE COME!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.