[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, is it safe to say the "premiere"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: lrg_bpl.jpg (63 KB, 658x379) Image search: [Google]
lrg_bpl.jpg
63 KB, 658x379
now that the dust has settled, is it safe to say the "premiere" league is no longer a top flight league? top players leave regularly (suarez/bale) and washed up players come to die (fabregas)

with clubs like united and liverpool falling out of the elite, there really aren't any top tier powers anymore.

where does the PL stack up in world football today prestige-wise?
>>
Soon to be surpassed by the Chinese league.
>>
It's a circus now really. I don't support any of the teams in Europe so I don't really care.
>>
Sounds like you're chatting shit Hank
>>
>>66070541

>United has one bad year
>"United is no longer elite guys XP"
>>
>>66070844
>one
>>
>>66070844
>one
>>
>>66070844
>one
>>
>>66070844
United haven't even had a good month since fergie died
>>
>>66070844
>one
>>66070541
is up to Leicester to save England's ass next season
>>
>>66070844
>one
>>
>>66070844
>uno
>>
>>66070844
>ein
>>
Apart from the strongest 3 teams, they're talent-wise on par with La Liga. EPL is the 2nd strongest league on the planet. The real issue is their horrific tactics and overpaid mercenaries shunning their managers when they do something the players don't like.
>>
File: Buxton Water.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Buxton Water.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
> Leicester are the Premier League's only hope for the Champions League

Leave Europe to me.
>>
>>66070844
what does xp have to do with anything you fucking fat nerd?
>>
United & Chelsea (before they lost their English players) carried the league bravely through Europe to glory year after year

Now you're trusting the fate of the league in the hands of the likes of city & Arsenal who are quite frankly embrassments to England and have never made a mark in the cl

What the fuck do you expect
>>
>>66070844
>un
>>
>>66070998
>Apart from the strongest 3 teams, they're talent-wise on par with La Liga

I'm not sure.

It's a better watch than La Liga though. For all the talent in the league it's like watching paint dry most seasons.
>>
>>66070998
Because of these arrogant cunts they are considered low tier, and rightfully so!
>>
>>66071040
I'd see Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace, and Newcastle do way better if they got rid of their garbage managers. United, Chelsea, and City would be more competitive in Europe as well if it weren't for their players acting like stuck up pieces of shit. The reason Sevilla can do so well is because Emery >>> most EPL managers and they actually care about playing good.
>>
City should be elite, but their transfers are regularly shit. There is enough money in the prem for Man U/Chelsea to be big again, they are just in decline/rebuilding after being the dominant teams for so long (or others have surpassed them). Arsenal won't achieve elite status with Wenger in charge.
>>
>>66071031
>Chelsea
Even if they are a meme, Liverpool and Manchester were your real teams; the first bad season for Liverpool in Europe was the start of the english downfall
>>
>>66070541
>no longer
>>
>>66071040
Adding to this, I really don't like watching EPL games much. Most of the teams just bus and hoof, hoping for lucky bloots and rebounds. Celta, Eibar, even Las Palmas and Rayo are fun to watch because of their offensive playstyle. I usually prefer watching those games over seeing Crystal Palace vs. Sunderland.
>>
>Christian Fuchs is the EPL's best FB
>>
File: mahrez.jpg (157 KB, 1280x966) Image search: [Google]
mahrez.jpg
157 KB, 1280x966
How long until this guy outgrows the Premier League like Suarez & Ronaldo did?
>>
>>66070844
>Huq
>>
>>66071127
>Stoke, West Ham
>do way better if they got rid of their garbage managers
>low tier club in hunt for europa places
>mid tier club one point off champions league places
Yeah, you're talking shit.
>>
>>66071031
The thing is Man United and Chelsea can fail because the Premier League has some level of competition and those clubs aren't propped up by the government like Real and Barca.

Also, weirdly, players in England have to pay tax.
>>
>>66071767
>Also, weirdly, players in England have to pay tax.
Hit the nail on the head here m8. That's the reason why Premier League teams are getting BTFO in Europe
>>
PSG are the only team to have qualified for the CL group stage already for next season

Chelsea meanwhile would be lucky to get Europa and are missing Terry
>>
>>66070844
>won
>>
>>66070844
>ichi
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.