[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (292 KB, 696x699) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292 KB, 696x699
what went wrong?
>>
what realistic key signings do manure need to stay relevant?

IMO:
Batshuayi
Godin and/or Toprak
Insigne
>>
Have you actually seen Batshuayi play? Julian Draxler would help.
>>
I don't think they need to spend more hundred of millions, the outcome is always quite pathetic, actually.

Draxler is a meme.
>>
>never truly replacing the 06-09 core of Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, VDS, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Scholes
>believing you have a world class squad because Fergie was able to squeeze out a couple titles in a league that took a nosedive quality wise
>not being in any way prepared for life after Fergie
>trying to compensate by overpaying for meme players after the club has been exposed without him
that's pretty much it
>>
>moyes
>>
Just piss-poor change management.
>>
>>66039988
this.
the rest of the league got better while manU were planning on riding fergies coattails into eternity
>>
>what went right?
ftfy
>>
>>66039861
insigne is literally 5'5"

he would get bullied the fuck out
>>
>moyes
>lang baal
>>
>>66039758
They should build the team around Rashford, the kid looks better than Messi was at the same age.
>>
>>66040326
i dont think the blame can really be put on van gaal. he was given a broken system, and not like he really had the freedom to off people and start fresh
>>
>>66040363
>i dont think the blame can really be put on van gaal
kek

>it's an american post about """""""soccer""""""
>>
>>66039861
Shawcross
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (52 KB, 480x623) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
52 KB, 480x623
>>66039758
>>
>>66040363
Google this : Van Gaal worse than Moyes.

See what pops up. Post reaction
>>
Fergy literally set up Moyes to fail so his legacy would seem even greater

He booted Pogba to bring in Scholes. And there were two reasons why he did this, one he didnt want Moyes to get credit for making Pogba a United first team regular, and two, he wanted to fill the squad up with experienced vets to grind him out a title before he retired

So what Moyes got was a bunch of worn out "world class" players squeezed dry and average at best, bench warming shitters
>>
>>66039861
danny drinker drinkwater
>>
>>66040425
kek
>>
>>66040434
>Fergy literally set up Moyes to fail so his legacy would seem even greater
Ferguson won the title at a canter with that squad. Did they just all turn to shit over 2 months?
>>
>>66039758
No ryan giggs
>>
>>66040326
Tule jo takaisin kotiin, Toppis.
>>
>>66041227
apparently yes, according to him
>>
>>66041227
and chelsea walked the league last year

by your logic you can win the league every year with the exact same team because everything stays the same and other teams dont strengthen up
>>
>>66041657
>and chelsea walked the league last year
because the coach went full retard, just like moyes. this season's Chelsea squad is good enough to win the league, if Hiddink had a full pre season to work with them they'd be 1st.

15/16 Chelsea - good enough squad, shit coach

13/14 United - good enough squad, shit coach
>>
>>66041676
so "world class" mourinho turned to shit in two months?

and the senile "world class" players at united didnt?
>>
>>66041691
he didn't turn to shit, he just went overboard with the scandals and fucked up with Eva which affected the squad
>>
>>66041691
>so "world class" mourinho turned to shit in two months?
His management style has always been a short term solution, I don't see how that's a surprise. He never stayed at one club more than 3 years and the 3rd year was always the worst one.

As opposed to Ferguson who was challenging for the title for 20 years straight.

Think about this, since firing Mourinho, Chelsea have gotten 25 points from 13 games (1.92 per game). Extrapolate that to 29 games and that's 56 points which would give them 2nd place. I can't see how it can be argued that Mourinho wasn't the problem when a coach could step in mid season with 0 preparation and instantly make them play like title contenders
>>
>>66041707
the scandals were his way of drawing attention away from chelseas shit performances

that's what he does
>>
>>66041723
that only works when you have 2-3 bad results, not 3 months of them. He doesn't have a Plan B of dealing with slumps
>>
>>66039758
People realised they could beat them.

Seriously, under Fergie the amount of teams that played United and had pretty much accepted defeat by kickoff was a joke.

Now teams aren't afraid to have a go at them
>>
LEAVE TOPRAK ALONE YOU FUCKS
>>
>>66041717
mourinho was on his last legs

so was the squad moyes inherited, you had people like grandpa rio undermining moyes by making a fuss about chips. they treated moyes like an unwanted stepfather, which is understandable, no one wants their awesome real dad replaced by a bloke named david moyes
>>
File: 1391969027008.jpg (125 KB, 868x469) Image search: [Google]
1391969027008.jpg
125 KB, 868x469
>>66041782
>you had people like grandpa rio undermining moyes by making a fuss about chips.

kek I remember MUH CHIPS, what a time to be alive.

United would probably be in a better place if they kept Moyes right now
>>
>>66040052
>firing Fergie's staff because wtf do they know?
>>
File: kekkles.jpg (71 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
kekkles.jpg
71 KB, 480x480
>fergie left

>howard webb left

>united lost influence on refs

>no more fergie time and suspect decisions

>brought past it players and let their best striker leave the club (chico)

>brought overpriced shit players

>still keep granny fucker who cant score and pay him 300k a week

>become the laughing stock of the EPL

>muh history....
>>
>>66039758
Amerifat owner
>>
>>66041782
>they treated moyes like an unwanted stepfather, which is understandable, no one wants their awesome real dad replaced by a bloke named david moyes
because Moyes wasn't able to match Ferguson's dominant personality, hence Moyes was the problem. Had Ferguson stayed for 1 more year that team would've been right up there with City and Liverpool
>>
>>66041808
Literally Neo-Liverpool

kek

KEK
>>
>Watch City and Liverpool get Guardiola and Klopp
>decide to go for >Mouyes or let Giggs take over

WHY
>>
>>66041827
>players need to be bullied into submission to win the league

Yeah nah
>>
>>66041843
and now liverpool have klopp and will dominate the league next season when klopp brings in world class players, while united rot at 14th with giggs as manager
>>
>>66041869
worked for Ferguson and they instantly started to undermine the nice guy.

so it looks like they do
>>
>>66041798
>>66041798
is this the day the flip stopped posting?
>>
>>66039861
Insigne would be terrible in England, he's Danny DeVito height pretty much
>>
>>66040434
Fergie won the league by some distance with the exact same squad, the old age wouldn't cripple them that much in such a short time.
>>
>>66041657
And look how much better the same Chelsea squad is doing with a change in manager.
>>
>>66042106
>muh tough english game meme
I've never noticed David Silva being bothered by this
>>
>>66039758

Really, really, really bad management decisions, ever since fergie left it's been one comically bad decsion after another and the funny thing is every single football fan in the country was scratching their heads and saying "are they fucking stupid" every time they made one of those dumb as fuck decisions. The club would literally be better run if they put a man utd fan in charge.
>>
File: kyouko_laughing.gif (60 KB, 230x270) Image search: [Google]
kyouko_laughing.gif
60 KB, 230x270
>>66042106
>>
It was me. I successfully cursed them with an ancient Irish hex.
>>
>>66042484
GIVE ME YER LUCKY CHARMS
>>
If Luke Shaw didn't get hurt, United would have won the league this season.
>>
File: 1447245651690.jpg (24 KB, 540x299) Image search: [Google]
1447245651690.jpg
24 KB, 540x299
>>66040378
ill never understand this meme. flag has something to do with ability to watch something?

>>66040425
I dont disagree; the point im making is, man u was fucked before van gaal even got his hands on it
>>
>man united claiming to be a business
>have yet to confirm mou who would be the best investment of their money at this point
>proven winner, could still bring in the star quality they need, would generate millions with an inter city rivalry against pep
>instead looking to keep lvg who has done nothing but underachieved or appoint Giggs who has been under the wing of two shitty managers, has never managed a team on his own (United for the end of a season doesn't count) because of muh traditions and muh youth
>>
>>66042545
>man u was fucked before van gaal even got his hands on it
it was, that's why they gave him 300m to unfuck it. It's been two years and the team is even worse.

Not even memeing, they're on pace to finish with less points than Moyes
>>
>>66042534
With how shit the league is this year you're probably. Shaw was probably the most inform lb at the time. Career probably ruined now
>>
>>66042569
They only look worse due to injuries though. The moyes team was far worse with shitters like Welbeck and Cleverley.
>>
>>66042534
>>66042582
Yes, you're right. Luke Shaw is the difference between winning the title and finishing out of top 4.

just kidding, you're both retarded. he even cost them a win in the limited time he spent on the pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Pqc16oHic
>>
>>66042534
>>66042582
>this much delusion

shaw was a pile of shit and was shit up to when he got injured he was just a 1 season wonder who was massively overrated
>>
>>66042569
the meme comment had to do with that dirty Brazilians 'soccer' comment.

true they are worse off now. and he could have spent better per-say; but in reality its not like many would have supported a total overhaul of the team if thats what he tried to implement.
as you said, they wanted him to 'unfuck' or fix the team, i think they should have just let him start fresh with a new one
>>
>>66042638
>i think they should have just let him start fresh with a new one
But that's exactly what they did.

During Moyes' year 29 players made appearances in the Premier League, 19 of those have been sold or sent out on loan like 15 new ones were brought in. That's over half of the squad replaced in 2 transfer windows.
>>
>>66039758
fergie retired

all their players are shit
>>
>>66039988
The main problem is that Ferguson left earlier than he was planning to because his wife's twin sister died and she became depressed. He was supposed to stay on for two more season and oversee a proper transition
>>
>>66042534
literally one gay kid

what could he do?
>>
Question for ManU fans, how do you guys rate Blind? From what i've seen he's been pretty consistent as a defender.
>>
>>66043868
slow and a manlet, sort of decent technique, has trouble passing into forward direction, is not a CB, can compensate somewhat by vision/positioning

it's weird how he ended up there desu, at best he should play as a full back or defensive midfielder in some mid table team
>>
>>66043868
he hasn't been bad but I wouldn't feel confident if we had to face Barcelona/Bayern/Real/PSG with him in defence
>>
>>66044189
don't worry, you won't
>>
it happened after ronaldo gayed everyone up
>>
>>66044308
lol
>>
>>66044784
this
>>
>>66044308
:-(
>>
>>66040338
Messi scored a hattrick against Real Madrid at that age. What has Rashford done except poach some tap ins against plumbers.
>>
>>66041808
Can't help but read that in a scouse accent. It's the most Liverpool thing I've ever read.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.