[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MMA Is MMA honestly a sport? I've never seen anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: Conor-McGregor-4-620x760[2].jpg (95 KB, 620x760) Image search: [Google]
Conor-McGregor-4-620x760[2].jpg
95 KB, 620x760
>MMA

Is MMA honestly a sport? I've never seen anyone like UFC or MMA except for white trash Americans & some retarded huehue favela-dwelling Brazilians.

I think it appealed to white trash in America because whites in America could no longer compete in boxing (although not all white men in general) so they looked to something else -- although of course Slavs (Beasts from the East) are now dominating boxing.
>>
It has judges, so no, it's not a sport.
>>
MANLETS
A
N
L
E
T
S
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 235x214
>>66039768
So what, swimming is a sport?
>>
all sports is for white trash

in the words of the guy you pictured: 'winners focus on themselves, losers focus on winners'
>>
>>66039644
its a sport if boxing is a sport
>>
File: FlettFlames.jpg (235 KB, 350x490) Image search: [Google]
FlettFlames.jpg
235 KB, 350x490
>>66039644
You definition of whether or not something is a sport depends on...who watches it?
Forgive my rudeness, but aren't you really just trying to say that you are superior to MMA fans?
>>
>>66039789
how is it not
>>
>>66039866
It is but the other competitors performance have arguably zero impact on how you perform. Though combat sports have judges, which I assume the other dude was trying to equate MMA to figure skating and rhythmic gymnastics, at least there's another human trying to directly mess your shit up
>>
I genuinely laughed when someone posted in another thread how Conor McMeme should've become a boxer, he would starve as a boxer
>>
it's not a sport. they should go to /asp/ with judo/thai boxing/WWE.
>>
>>66039644
MMA is the original sport. All other sports are games.
>>
>>66039644
Honestly no, it's fucking retard entertainment that only complete white dindus practice. Literally every person I know who does MMA is a fucking idiot who has massive insecurity issues and tries to fight everyone.
>>
File: isitasport.jpg (70 KB, 500x904) Image search: [Google]
isitasport.jpg
70 KB, 500x904
>>
>>66039803
>>
>>66039644
Combat sports have all been for white trash for a while now
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x425
>>66040040

You don't like that stuff?
>>
>>66039644
nobody is really a fan of mma. people just tune in to watch once a month cause people love fighting
>>
It is a sport but I just wish that people wouldn't keep changing the subject name
>>
>>66040198
heh, as if you drunken wife beating hand eggers and singing fairies in futfag are any better.
>>
File: hand egg.jpg (274 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
hand egg.jpg
274 KB, 500x679
>this is an /sp/ approved athlete
>>
>>66039644
100% correct. White americans gravitated to watching mma because they had many more fighters to identify with there. White/american/english speaking fighters have largely been ejected from boxing and that demo of fans jumped on the mma bandwagon as a last refuge. the bad news is minorities and foreigners are going to take mma over too. its a great white hope "sport."
>>
>>66040040
agreed. i'm seeing way too many mma threads since all that WWE shit was moved. mma fans = wwe fans
>>
Low IQ stuff
>>
>>66039768
so i guess boxing's not a sport either
>>
Worst fanbase ever btw
>>
>>66040518
thats why we have been saying for a while we should send these plebs to /asp/ to be with their brothers, it belongs there anyway. That way they dont shit up the front page here.
>>
>>66040198
you should post a picture of yourself in the thread. you aren't massively insecure and trying to start shit online or anything like that, right? you aren't projecting anything are you?
>>
>>66040536
oh look, someone no one's ever heard of tripping on an anonymous image board thinking what they say has any relevance to any sport today
>>
>>66040180
>chariot races - nascar
>gladiators - boxing/mma

this. mma = best holdover from roman empire
>>
>>66040578
What makes people come to an anonymous Bhutanese finger painting forum and think that having a trip is both cool and original? Is it autism?
>>
>>66040532
>so i guess boxing's not a sport either

Ehh . . . rarely.
>>
Boxers come from trash of any kind of background...
not in the MMA sense mind you, because those guys are white trailer trash and favela niggers in all the sense of the word, but still trash.

There is few and in-between exceptions and they never end up being stellar
>>
>>66040281
what the fuck is that skin
>>
>>66039644
Girls are currently the biggest stars of that "sport". Need I say more?
>>
MMA is for idiot children with no concept of how to devise a sport. The secret always lies in the limitations (no forward passing, no picking up the ball, no running without dribbling, etc), and all these 13-year-olds looked at boxing and thought, "Wouldn't it be so much better with fewer restrictions on what you can do?" The answer, of course, is no; it makes it a far worse sport. You might as well decide the UFC would be EVEN MORE RAD if every competitor had A BILLION MACHINE GUNS and so you started a sport where people just shoot each other. It probably sounds great if you have the mind of a nine-year-old, but if you're old enough to ride a bike alone, you should really watch boxing instead.
>>
>>66039644
>Is MMA honestly a sport? I
it is an "alternative" """sport""" and should stay on /asp/
>>
>>66040506

Why have there been no great White American boxers since Rocky Marciano?
>>
>>66039644
fuck all of the haters conor didnt even reall lose it was just a fluke i mean a fucking sleeper hold what is that fucking wwe shit next he'll be getting poked in the eye and people will say its legit diaz is a pussy rolling around on the ground what did he like being cuddly with him fucking faggot
>>
Its full of wacky personalities which keep my attention
>>
>>66040506
>the bad news is minorities and foreigners are going to take mma over too
uhhh, wasn't the modern era of mma popularized by Brazilians and the Japanese?
>>
>>66040222
how does unneeded/computerised lead to pseudo-sport? i can't think of anything falling into that category that ISNT a sport
eg. sprinting, swimming,
>>
>>66039644
>muhh white men

Funny part is that OP is probably a 19 year old white guy
>>
>>66051055
Whites strive for careers. It's pretty rare to hear about a white man actually doing something as risky as attempting something stupid like a boxing career.
>>
File: IrishStrong.jpg (416 KB, 1919x1151) Image search: [Google]
IrishStrong.jpg
416 KB, 1919x1151
>>66051079
>>
>>66039644

It's human cockfighting. It's filled with ranks of dudes who couldn't hack it as boxers, and fuccboi wrestlers.
>>
>>66049555
Haha, how old were you when you learned to ride a bike? You fucking nerd.
>>
Definition of "Sport": An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Sounds like a sport.
>>
>>66051079

Conor had to beg for his life, he breathes because sir Nathan allows it, never forget.

>get rocked
>turn into a wrestler
>get choked out

How embarrassing
>>
>>66046760

>>>/r9k
>>
>>66039644
t. Assblasted potato
>>
>neet aspies talking about how much better they are than someone
>>
>>66051922
I would heem you, mate
>>
>watching grown men play with balls
>discrediting the most pure form of competition between two martial artists of the highest caliber

Literally autism
>>
>>66049555
True story they originally considered adding a moat with alligators and shark and an electrified cage for UFC 1. So your crazy RAD idea was not far off, lol.
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/24/5024794/missed-opportunity-ufc-1-alligator-shark-filled-moat-octagon-mma
>>
>>66039929
swimming is a race
races are athletics
fighting is a fight
fighting is uncivilized
fencing is a test of skills
fencing is a sport
>>
>>66051055
Fighting is largely the sport of the poor. in general,to be elite you need to start young. not many middle or upper class white americans are going to put their sons in such violent sports. poorer foreigners and minorities will always take these sports over in the long run.
>>
>>66039768
WWE has judges...
>>
>>66051166
nope.name the top 5 biggest ufc stars ever.
>>
>>66051242
The college wrestling is really what fuelled american mma. In russia it was sambo to an extend.
>>
>>66040222
>marathons are a game
>>
>>66040222

>Someone spent time on a computer making this

MMA is a sport.

Swimming is a sport.

Competitive video gaming is not a sport.
>>
Of course MMA is a sport but we need to be honest with ourselves and admit that some stuff, when played to a high enough level, turns in to a joke. I haven't watched MMA but I mean boxing of course. Watching the Mayweather-pacquaiao or klitschko-fury fights made me realise that what was once considered the fighting sport is literally just a game of slaps (the game you'd play in school where one guy tries to slap the others hand or make them flinch) but with more running about.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.