[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/golf/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Golf general. Discuss golf gear, news, techniques or anything else golf related here
>>
What exercises do I do at the gym to get Daly drives?
>>
>>66022387
Eat a lot and don't go to the gym
>>
Why is golf so hard? It's not like the ball is moving.
>>
>>66022359
>>>/asp/
>>
>>66022499
Nah golf is a sport.
>>
>>66022432
Cause its a massive movement where being off by a fraction of an inch has a huge effect on the shot.
>>
>>66022387
smoke cigarettes every waking hour, live in the south, consume booger sugar, don't wear shoes, grow out your mullet, and drink a fifth of whiskey before each round.
>>
Anyone else think that scumbag Trump and his interupting of McIlroy and Johnson yesterday is the reason they both played like crap? That pompous @ss is full of himself and thinks he can do anything whenever and wherever he wants. I feel if he hadn't interrupted them yesterday they could have prepared in their normal fashion and their days could have gone very differently.
>>
>>66025449
How weak minded do you think professional golfers are? Or are you being reddit and just hating on Trump?
>>
File: els posture two versions.jpg (90 KB, 924x519) Image search: [Google]
els posture two versions.jpg
90 KB, 924x519
>>66022432
>Why is golf so hard? It's not like the ball is moving.
Because there are so many variables, and if you aren't consistent in the way you setup and move you're going to get inconsistencies in your shots. You also have variations in slopes, lies, and playing conditions that factor into making things inconsistent.
>>
File: insl16_ernie_els_sequence.jpg (65 KB, 618x430) Image search: [Google]
insl16_ernie_els_sequence.jpg
65 KB, 618x430
>>66025464
>How weak minded do you think professional golfers are?
Everybody's mental way of thinking can be hampered by outside factors. Professional Golfers or any other "professionals" are no exception. More than mental factors there are physical factors. If said player has a routine of hitting a certain number of type of shot before a round when preparing, and someone interrupts and hampers those plans then it can physically throw that person off.
>>
post handicaps lads.

sitting on 10 at the moment

>tfw used to be a 6 but work and life keep me off of the range and courses way too much
>>
>>66025509
>
Needing to do the same thing the same way every time is just superstitious nonsense. These are professionals either way, they can overcome shitty conditions and broken concentration otherwise they wouldn't be competing in these tournaments
>>
just started getting into golf myself a few weeks ago.

I friends dad gave me an old set of blades and a 3 wood. I went out and bought a cheap bag, putter and driver.

I went down to my local driving range a couple times to confirm that I am absolutely useless at this sport so for the last week and a bit I've been smashing practice balls in my backyard with the 3 wood. I haven't even touched my driver, I figure once I can hit well with the 3 wood then I'll be able to hit well with the driver.

Definitely have improved, I'm getting about 75% consistency in my shots and have enough power to hit the perforated practice balls 20ish yards into the back yards of my surrounding neighbours.

I'm running out of practice balls.
>>
File: 1361953481118.jpg (16 KB, 336x235) Image search: [Google]
1361953481118.jpg
16 KB, 336x235
>tfw hand surgery last july
>tfw cant swing a golf club properly anymore
>>
File: 315452-131129-rory-mcilroy.jpg (38 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
315452-131129-rory-mcilroy.jpg
38 KB, 650x366
>>66029705
>Needing to do the same thing the same way every time is just superstitious nonsense. These are professionals either way, they can overcome shitty conditions and broken concentration otherwise they wouldn't be competing in these tournaments
Guessing you're a high handicapper based on your comment. If you think you can over power the laws of physics with metal power you're deluding yourself.

>>66025524
>post handicaps lads.
Used to be a plus (shooting under par on a regular basis), but don't play or practice much anymore, so I'm a 3 right now.
>>
>>66022432
besides the variables the other two anons mentioned,

Ability to focus and concentrate without psyching yourself out is really difficult in the competitive environment. Imagine having to be in that mode for 8 hrs(back to back 18s) much less 4.

Thats why I think an adderall scandal will some of the youth leagues soon.
I won most of the tournaments I did while on adderall.
>>
I used to have a straight and powerful shot/swing but I constantly broke drivers (no idea how) so I quit
>>
File: 1400645847545.jpg (41 KB, 251x239) Image search: [Google]
1400645847545.jpg
41 KB, 251x239
>be 23
>tfw none of my friends golf
>only golf with my coworkers

I don't want to golf with people who are twice my age. How do we get more 20-30 year olds interested?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.