[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MFW every over hyped UFC fighter who spends their free time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 287x176
>MFW every over hyped UFC fighter who spends their free time bashing Mayweather and saying how they could beat him gets REKT their next fight.

UFC is dogshit. Go watch boxing faggots.
>>
File: fedora13.jpg (46 KB, 340x399) Image search: [Google]
fedora13.jpg
46 KB, 340x399
>I rate Mayweather
>>
>>66001676
Mayweather>>>>>>>entire UFC
>>
>>66001590
Jabbing and running around the ring is not boxing.
>>
>>66002296
Watch Mayweather at 130
>>
>>66002296
it literally is boxing, lad.
>>
Boxing is dead bro. Seriously when was the last time people were excited for a boxing match.
>>
>>66002343
Literally 15 years ago

>>66002359
Enjoy paying $75 to watch manlet-scuffle.
>>
>>66002411
Last weekend in the UK, Quigg v Frampton but it was crap like most overhyped "superfights".
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
>>66001590
Boxing is so boooring, not enough memes
>>
>>66002414
>implying i pay for anything
>implying i enjoy mayweather

Jabbing and defense is boxing whether you like it or not.
>>
>>66002455
Literally who

Also most boxing fights are crap.
>>
>>66002520
Not nearly as terrible as 90% of UFC fights lololol
>>
>>66002516
Gayweather is a fraud, he cherry picked nearly every opponent and lost to a semi-retired De La Hoya (who got cheated by the judges).
>>
>>66002414
Better than watching two frat bro hug on the floor like homosexuals
>>
>>66002605
I don't like UFC either
>>
>>66002411
Boxing is dead but it's still better than meme sports like MMA.

But no boxing is not dead. It's alive and well.
>>
>>66002642
>But no boxing is not dead. It's alive and well.
It's corrupt as fuck and a lot of people don't take it seriously anymore. You never know if what you're watching is predetermined or not.
>>
>>66002681
No. People take it seriously, and as corrupt as it is, it is still a better product to watch than THAT UFC.

Please Froch Gorges 2 had 80,0000 people watching in Wembly Stadium. Fuck off ya cunt. China, Europe, Russia, Japan, Central and South America and the entire Latino American community watch boxing as opposed to meme sports like MMA.
>>
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/3/8539635/ufc-mma-fans-stop-declaring-the-death-of-boxing-mayweather-vs-pacquiao-editorial
>>
>>66002769
Compared to sports like Football and Rugby, boxing is a niche sport. It can only get big crowds once every year or so if a certain fight captures the interest of the casual fan.
>>
>>66003359
Not really.

WladFury had a huge crowd. So did Quigg Frampton, and any boxing match held in Las Vegas, Los Angeles or New York sells out their respective venues consistently. Two unknown to casual fighters in Golovkin and Lemeuix sold out MSG Canelo Cotto did over 1Million PPV, just a few months after that farce known as MayPac.so no, it draws a big crowd once a month or so.

Its only matter of time until a new worldwide star comes around and raises interest even further once again.
>>
>>66004253
Boxing can't draw huge crowds and money in the way that more popular sports can. It just can't. There are obviously going to be marquee fights every year that generate a lot of interest, but it's not a regular occurrence.
>>
>>66004315
No, it is a regular occurrence. Not like poverty ball or rugby, two less physically less demanding sports with games every other day or week and world wide leagues,but it draws wherever there is a fight. Boxing is alive and well and once the next super stars rise it will thrive.
>>
>Ronda
>goes on late night talk show to promote fight
>describes Holms' strategy
>says it won't work
>gets heemed a few nights later

>Connor
>goes on late night talk show to promote fight
>describes Diaz' strategy
>says it won't work
>calls him skinny-fat
>gets heemed sleepy a few nights later

>both are now suffering from the EA curse as well

Poetry
>>
>>66004600
Dana must be shitting himself right now.
>>
>>66002520
This. If you name the top two fighters of any division in boxing to some random on the street, no one will know them.

Face it OP, Rogan was right when he said Boxing will no longer make stars like the UFC. The only notable ones were the ones who were around the time of Mayweather. It's downhill since he retired.

Not to mention the boring ass 12 rounds where fighters would rather survive and win then KO, get a chance to...Fuck it. Boxing is just awful. It's hardly a combat sport.
>>
>>66004315
Joshua, Haye and Fury can sell out any arena in the UK every single time
>>
>>66005164
I'm sure if you mentioned Canelo Alvarez vs Amir Khan a decent amount of people would know who they are.
>>
>>66001590
Legit. Money would UTTERLY DESTROY ANY UFC FIGHTER AT HIS WEIGHT.
>>
Filthy UFC cucks
>talk shit, get beat left and right

Lord Money Mayweather
>classy man with excellent taste who is the undisputed GOAT at his sport and has never failed to win, ever
>>
>>66005164
You sound like someone that has never watched a boxing match in his life except the MayPac one.

People with class and culture know who Wlad Klit and Tyson Fury are, as well as Manny Pacqiuao and Canelo Alvarez as well as Amir Khan.

Only Mayweather fought like that. For the most part everyone else wants KOs. If you have an open mind I can show you fights from this year that blow the head off the meme that is known as the UFC. Also. Joe Rogan is a company man.
>>
>>66005164
Dude UFC is so desperate for stars they have a woman on the cover of their fucking video game and Dana White was blowing her hard body in order to hype her up only to find out that 1. She's that, a hype job and 2. She would much rather make movies than get paid shit and fight for him.
>>
>>66005262
Kell Brook and Khan would sell out Wembly, as would FuryHaye
>>
>>66005732
Joshua just sold it out in 90 seconds for his next fight against some random American. I think it was the same case for his last fight too. If he lives up to the hype he's going to be perhaps our biggest boxing star ever. Him vs. Haye or Fury would bring the country to standstill.
>>
>>66002681
400k of your people paid to see anthony joshua knock out a bum its far from dead especialy in europe
>>
Vargas vs. Ali, Browne vs. Chagaev and Khurtsidze vs. Douglas were all better than the UFC last night.
>>
>>66004675
Dana's probably feeling pretty good, Tate just bailed him out by exposing Holm, now he can just throw Ronda back into the mix and have her heem Tate for a third time and you're right back where you started

That was the worst part of the night, meme rousey is going to be back in full force and dana will probably just keep throwing Holm wrestlers
>>
>>66005896
David Haye's last fight drew 3m viewers on a random cable channel primarily known for showing reruns of Top Gear and QI all day. We currently hold more world titles than any other country, including USA and Mexico. Boxing is booming over here. Our amateurs will probably do well in the Olympics this summer too.

Congrats on Lucas Browne's win last night btw. I always wonder why there aren't more Aussies in boxing, considering your love of contact sports and generally belligerent nature.
>>
>>66006028
>implying Cuba won't shit on every country in the Ams

Joseph Parker vs Joshua should be good
>>
File: 1345069298659.jpg (151 KB, 801x720) Image search: [Google]
1345069298659.jpg
151 KB, 801x720
>>66002769
>People take it seriously
>>
>>66006028
im actually irish living over here a couple of years now, boxing at the olympics is going to be great this year so many good teams eager to see how we handle seeing as walsh left for america.

Callum Smith - DeGale/Groves will also be huge fights. Also to answer your aussies in boxing question i train in a boxing gym and my thoughts are because they just generally teach a bad style and i think youll notice it if you look over the australian pros its just so sloppy the attitude is mostly "sparring will solve it"
>>
>>66006352
They should import some Cubans..

But yea Aussies lack fundamentals.
>>
>>66006766
ever watch soliman fight? my god its like he fights with a coin up his arse
>>
>>66002642
>Boxing is dead
>But no boxing is not dead
>>
>>66006352
Yeah, Ireland has a strong amateur team right now too. Barnes, Conlan and Ward look good.

Not sure about Smith (Liam or Callum, for that matter). They just strike me as typical, one-dimensional Gallagher fighters like Quigg. Fit and strong with good fundamentals but "no special effects".

Flanagan-Crolla and McDonnell-Haskins are big domestic fights that I want to see made. I'd also like to see Yafai get a world title shot soon.
>>
Boxing will always be the ultimate martial art. Stay hating mma cucks
>>
>>66007113
Muay Thai, kick boxing, bjj by themselves are by far 50 times more interesting than MMA.
>>
File: 1447567853253.png (107 KB, 207x219) Image search: [Google]
1447567853253.png
107 KB, 207x219
>its a ground game shits all over boxing AGAIN card
>>
>b-b-but boxing is easier than MMA
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
>b-but all boxing is just run and jab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nFtSorIfGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcYq37KX-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_fRcpOFB4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DeKs5hS-k8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AwgrXcwR7o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIUQKivJVWY

just a few examples. Boxing fights can and ARE exciting if you know the right fights/the boxers' styles and what they represent. You know you're looking at a defensive fight whenever Mayweather's name figures, you know about Bernard Hopkins the same, you know Ali was a gorilla tanking punches till his brain exploded and till he couldn't wipe his ass on his own anymore, you know Tyson was all about KO'ing, etc etc.

The only problem is that boxing has been declining in the US, because they havent been dominating it, and as it's always been said and it always turns out to be true - Americans don't care about the sport, they care about the competitors, about the image of the athlete. And with no American hope anywhere on the radar, they just abandon the sport like plastics. (at least a good part of them)
>>
>>66007774
Thanks Kiko
>>
>>66002414
>not streaming
>not going to a sports bar
enjoy watching 90 minute jogging matches jack
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.