[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are allowed to change 1 rule for your favourite sport. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5
File: rule-book[1].jpg (889 KB, 1382x1230) Image search: [Google]
rule-book[1].jpg
889 KB, 1382x1230
You are allowed to change 1 rule for your favourite sport.

What do?

>Football (soccer)
>Goal celebrations are restricted to high-5s and pats on the back. Scripted, rehearsed, or otherwise choreographed celebrations result in immediate forfeiture and loss of competition points.
>>
>basketball
>get rid of 3 pointers
>>
>>65957681
Any rule any way I want: Baserunners get to keep the bat.

Realistic change: TD celebrations allowed again. There was never a good reason to take 'em out in the first place.
>>
>Football

Remove all forms of pass interference and defensive holding when it comes to pass plays.
>>
>>65957681
Why are Australians getting cucked into calling it football now
>>
Football
Harsher yellow cards to players already on a yellow. Currently a lot of the refs give a yellow for the first yellow card offence, a "last warning" for a 2nd yellow card offence and only show the red after a 3rd yellow card offence. With the player often subbed out after the "last warning".

Always triggered me and makes a lot of the games inconsistently refereed
>>
>>65957769
It's been that for at least 10 years now

It hasn't been called soccer since I was playing as a boy in the late 90s
>>
>>65957779
I had two and teammates in college call it soccer and they both hated the sport. They called Australian football, football
>>
>>65957815
If you're from Melbourne 'football' means AFL

Most other places in Australia 'football' means Rugby League

But 'soccer' is almost never referred to as 'soccer' nowadays, so 'football' has at least 3-4 different meanings here
>>
>Soccer

Hockey like substitutions.

Players can leave the field only on their side of the field near the midfield. When they are off another player can come on. This can happen as long as many times as a manager desires.

The substitutions can only take place when the ball is in play. This is to avoid keepers holding the ball while a shift is occurring or one team booting the ball 20 rows up to get a chance to substitute.

This would lead to fresher legs and a more open game. Teams could occasionally be caught in a switch and that would be fun.
>>
Death penalty for diving in the opponent's half.
>>
>>65957834
desu I like the existing 3 substitutions rule

Makes it a lot more tactical
>>
>>65957776
refeeres should do less "game management" in general imo
>>
>>65957832
That explains it, they are both from Melbourne. They said most people still call it soccer tho
>>
>>65957848
I have a strong disdain for 2 minute long subs as a time wasting tactic. It would lead to more options for managers as well. On the fly adjustments could be made if the current set of players aren't working out.
>>
>>65957873
Refs need to set the tone, especially in leagues/countries where fans will riot at perceived faults. I'm not saying refs need to rule with an iron fist but they need to set a firm tone early and consistently or else we'd be seeing a much more physical game.
>>
Baserunners in baseball can keep the bat and use it if the ball comes near them during a play
>>
Soccer goes with AFL's discipline system.

No more 10v11
>>
>>65957898
>they need to set a firm tone early and consistently
yes, i agree. so no more of that "it's too early in the game/it was his first foul/he's already on a yellow, better just have only a word with the player" bullshit for example
>>
File: white_people.png (423 KB, 657x411) Image search: [Google]
white_people.png
423 KB, 657x411
>Soccer
Shots off the woodwork and out are corners, not goal kicks.

Retroactive yellow cards for diving.

>NFL
Pass interference is 15 yards and a first down, not a spot foul.
>>
>>65957848
agreed but >>65957834 would be toplel to watch
>>
Diving in the 18 yard box is the same as false rape accusations

If the decision goes in your favour the opposition is totally fucked, if it goes against you, you would at worst get a yellow card

The consequence of diving in the box should be a direct penalty to the other team
>>
>>65958069
that's stupid, all a DB has to do e=if they get beat is interfere and it will be considered a good play
>>
File: Why3.png (46 KB, 321x460) Image search: [Google]
Why3.png
46 KB, 321x460
>>65957681
Not my favourite sport but, for gawd's sake, get video refs into football already. How long have we got to wait?
>>
>>65958112
>The consequence of diving in the box should be a direct penalty to the other team
this would never work in practice. it's sometimes hard to judge in real time if something is a dive or simply tough but fair tackling. the refs would also be scared of making such huge decisions that would inevitably be wrong sometimes. something like a 5 game suspension based on video footage.

also
football

another referee whose job is simply to look at video replays and consult the main ref about his decisions
>>
>>65958215
Sometimes players fall on their own as to avoid contact and they aren't looking for a foul call. Things could get messy.
>>
Tennis: Replace the ball boys with dogs.
>>
>>65958293
10/10, would watch
>>
>>65957681
>football
>in dubio pro reo
Enough of these refballs
>>
Football:
Passing the ball backwards is a yellow for the player
>>
literally every sport i follow is perfect s it is tbqh femis
>>
>>65957878
>They said most people still call it soccer tho

They do, and I'm from Sydney

Ignore that other anon he hasn't got a clue

No one except pom expats refers to soccer as "football"
>>
>>65957750
Why would you want to ruin the game?
>>
>>65958133
Doesn't really happen in college football.
>>
>Soccer

Introduce a backcourt violation rule like in basketball.
>>
Hockey: Instead of the existing offsides rule, players are allowed to enter the attacking zone and can be passed to in the attacking zone as long as the puck was brought over the center ice red line first. If they enter beforehand, or if the puck is cleared past the red line, then they're offsides. Adjust the location of the red and blue lines as necessary.
>>
>>65958293
kek
>>
NHL: Remove the trapezoid.

MLB: Computer/robot/laser based strike zone

NFL: Use CFL rules ;)
No, but seriously; the NFL has the superior talent but IMO CFL rules are superior and getting to see them played at the highest level would be amazing.
>>
Not my favorite sport but the NBA needs to do away with the 3-seconds defense rule. I know everyone here complains about 3 pointers but I'm more bothered by any mediocre guard being able to penetrate in today's game. A big man should be able to guard his basket all the time he wants.
>>
>football

get rid of yellow cards and send the player off the field for 5minutes instead.
>>
If a player in football has to leave the pitch for treatment after a foul the player who fouled them also have to leave the pitch til they're back on. Anyone taking the piss and faking injury is given a yellow and maybe a one match ban
>>
Players surrounding the ref and whining is an automatic yellow, swearing/ being abusive is a straight red, sick of seeing grown men act like kids desu
>>
>griged
remove DRS, make the third umpire watch every ball and radio down the match ump if he makes a clearly shit decision
>>
american football: no more penalizing helmet to helmet tackles.

basketball: if the referee feels that a player is being targeted with fouls for his poor FT%, the fouled team gets to choose who to send to the line.
>>
>>65961060
that rule already exists...
it just doesn't get enforced enough
>>
>>65957681
Offside is only called when the attacking player is at least one meter behind the last defender
>>
>>65957832
>But 'soccer' is almost never referred to as 'soccer' nowadays

I'm like 6 hours too late but my god, you're living in fantasy you've created for yourself
>>
Divegrass

Either no clock stoppage with no injury time or no ties allowed.
>>
>>65962100
>forward stands 1m behind defence
>defence has to move back
>repeat
there'd be no point in having the rule at all you camel shagger

my choice would be:
>yank """foot""" ball
>there has to be at least 15 minute of game time per match otherwise both teams are disqualified
>>
>>65957728
>There was never a good reason to take 'em out in the first place.
Yes there was: no fun is actually allowed on NFL.
>>
Soccer:
Universal goal line tech but thats not really a rule so 4th sub in extra time.

Football:
Gib TD celebrations bo$$.

Basketball:
Actually train the refs to count steps and call travels
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3476646/IFAB-meet-discuss-video-technology-trials.html

did this thread work? is meme magic real?
>>
>>65962100
and how would the linesman be able to tell whether the player is 85cm behind the last defender or 101cm?

retarded idea
>>
>>65957681
Multiball
>>
Association Football
>Offences inside the 18 yard area that do not unfairly impede a clear goal scoring opportunity result in an indirect free kick

Penalties are too valuable to give away just because the ball bounced up and hit a defender's arm or because some diving faggot went down on the edge of the area facing away from goal. Plus indirect free kicks inside the box are always fun as fuck to watch.
>>
OH FUCK

FOXES BACK ON TOP
>>
Football:
>the defense is allowed to contact the receiver (as long as the ball is not in the air)
>>
Rugby
>possible : less rules on scrum collapse and turning, so we stop losing entire minutes restarting the same scrum four or five times
>not possible but could be good : get a second ref on the field so the refs have more visibility without video, and need to use video less overall
>please make it happen already : get rid of that cunt Nigel Owens, can't even stay in his video booth nowadays
>>
No subs in extra time
>>
Stop the fucking clock when the ball goes out of play.

Refs arbritarily adding 3 mins of time makes no sense and way more than that is often wasted.

Refs in general are terrible at enforcing the rules and are too inconsistent.
>>
>>65957681
Football: substitutions on the fly are now allowed (similar as in ce hockey)
>>
>>65961018
>Some nobody gets fouled by a GOAT like Messi
>The nobody feigns injury or as long as possible so Messi can't be on the field

Thank you retard.
>>
Any time you win vs. a team you are allowed to take any one of their players to play for your team if you choose to do so.
>>
>>65961018
this is retarded, anyone can just pretend to be hurt when fouled by the best player of the other team and make him leave the game
>>65961060
This is alredy a rule. Theorically, only the captain of a team is allowed to talk to the refree
>>
>>65957681
>Handegg
Eliminate the forward pass

>Ice fight
It's perfect the way it is
>>
>>65959036
Probably a seacucks "fan".
>>
>>65957681
>Every sport
Real time video instantly available to refs AND the public at the same time. That way refs are basing their calls off of the same evidence we, the viewers, are seeing, so they can't try and pull a fast one.
>>
>>65957728
Except for things like when Jimmy Graham messed up the goal post and the game had to be delayed until they could fix it. Otherwise I agree that as long as it's not overly long, they're fine.
>>
>>65962641
That was going to be my cricket rule change tbqh
>>
Football: Introduce time penalty ("blue card") for diving, unfair play (i.e. kicking the away or withholding it) and delaying the game after minute 75.
>>
>Handegg
give laterals the same protection as forward passes
>>
>>65967887
I like this.
>>
>football
>stop the clock when the ball is not in play and get rid of stoppage time.
>after 90 minutes the game ends when the ball gets out of the field.

Like in Rugby.
>>
>>65957681
FOOTBALL

THE CLOCK STOPS FUCKING TICKING WHEN THE GAME IS STOPPED

DO IT FAGGOTTTTSSSSSS
>>
>>65959446
>3 Downs
Fuck that shit. How can you even think that's a good idea?

Unlimited motion in the backfield or whatever is really cool and I'd love that
>>
>>65966802
Monica
>>
>floorsqueak

Eliminate penalty for goaltending. Constant scoring is fucking boring.
>>
>football
offside only applies if the player is after the last defender the moment he touches the ball.
extra:
every penalty foul inside the area reviewed. only fouls on clear chances inside the 18 yard area get a penalti, other wise, indirect free kick. this should eliminate diving by 90%
could work but there could be downsides:
once the attacking team passed to the opponents side, they cannot get the ball back inside their own side until the ball gets outside the field. max 5 passes inside their own side until they have to get it to the other side.

>Hockey
make he field and puck bigger. seriously, everytime I try to watch hockey, its like 10 men running randomly in a 10x10 field.
>>
>>65995417
>offside only applies if the player is after the last defender the moment he touches the ball.
what would make it a lot easier for defenders to play an opposing player offside
>>
>>65957705
I'd actually add the 4 point circles like the harlem globetrotters have
>>
>>65957681
Either
>No fun police
>CC Mariners fan
Can't tell which.
>>
>>65957681
>NRL
get rid of double movement. out of all rugby leagues finicky rules, double movement is the least logical
>>
>>65964505
>DB tackles WRat beginning of play and just lays on him
great rule change desu
>>
>>65957681
NFL-Make every play reviewable.
>>
NFL: make PI, false start/encroachment, and personal foul penalties reviewable
NBA: actually call travels
>>
Football
You are now allowed to hit RWs again
>>
>>65958069
>Retroactive yellow cards for diving.
there is a chance a player can get a card if he is caught blatantly diving, especially in the box
>>
>>65997482
I wish they'd call that stupid euro step a travel.
>>
>>65997482
>NBA: actually call travels
but muh dunks! muh spectator sport!
>>
Tennis
In every way, it's perfect.
Only possible improvement would be a reform of the dressing code so the women can/must wear bloomers and short tops.
And have the men play shirtless, for equality's sake.
And for possible homo too.
>>
>>65997579
Proper Euro step isn't a travel, just an outside step to create separation

NFL
Allow TD celebrations
Overtime rules=
1 more 15 minute quarter with regular playing rules and then tie.
Actually define what a catch is
>>
>>65957681
In every sport, you are now issued a gun with one bullet.
>>
>>65997724
53 players shoot TO on the Dallas star
>>
>>65997724
So that means they have to shoot the target in bihatlon, then throw the gun, then throw a ski, then their glasses?
That would make it a lot more fun to watch.
>>
>UFC
Random weekly supervised urine tests

>Soccer
Men wear skirts because it's a faggot sport and they should dress the part
>>
American football: Don't stop the clock.
>>
Basketball: If an off-the-ball foul results in freethrows, the team that was fouled can have any of their 5 players on the court shoot the freethrows. Would eliminate the whole hack a player shit.
>>
Soccer needs a rule where any penalty committed near the box is reviewed no matter what

Its way too fucking easy for anyone to dive or flop on their ass just for a free shot on the goal
>>
American football: They have to stop being little girls and take the pussy pads off
>>
>>65997995
Not knowing the difference between gridiron hits and Rugby tackling
>>
>>65998018
>Israeli
why do you even try to shitpost? you will fail every time.
>>
>>65997995
Ausfagian, pls. Rugby faeries are barely the size of wide receivers, you have no idea what it's like to see actual linesmen clash.
>>
>Football association
>Stabilish a penalty goal rule, similar to penalty try rule in rugby, for imminent goals avoided by illegal ways (EX: Suárez against Ghana in 2010)
>>
File: andre 3000 laughing.jpg (83 KB, 1000x893) Image search: [Google]
andre 3000 laughing.jpg
83 KB, 1000x893
>>65998055
while wearing protective padding lest they get a boo boo
>>
File: FoE80HI.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
FoE80HI.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>65998055
>le wideouts are bigger than front rowers meme :DDDD. get goofed ausfag!
have you SEEN Danny Woodhead?
>>
>Formula 1

Bring back refueling

>NFL
Catch Rule
OR
Rules on defenseless receivers. It is way too strict at the moment, allow the refs to review in slow motion on those calls because 9/10 times contact is initiated with the shoulder, not head, and it is unfairly called and ruining the sport.
>>
hockey
>second camera in net at the top for another angle when determining high stick tip in reviews
>>
Why don't we allow the forward pass to everyone in handegg?

Also in divegrass taking off your shirt to celebrate a goal shouldn't warrant a yellow card. But more importantly, the away goals rule should be scrapped.
>>
>>65998189
i'm pretty sure any offensive player can behind the line of scrimmage
>>
>>65998212
Nope, you can declare yourself intelligible, usually done when forming jumbo sets for runs, but in an interesting twist, bill belichick ran plays in a divisional playoff game vs the ravens where he had inelligible players line up in recieving positions on the line to confused the defense because there was no rule against it, just no one had done it before.
>>
>>65998276
Fucking autocorrect
>>
ban anyone who calls football 'soccer' from playing the sport forever
>>
>>65998294
You guys invented the word.
>>
>>65998276
That has to do with being a receiver, not with being able to throw a pass.
>>
>>65998313
You guys nade it necessary when speaking english by calling your tvball "football"
>>
>>65998370
The English were saying it long before we did and they only stopped within the last twenty years or so. Be mad at the British for inventing it.
>>
>>65998294
I'd be okay with this. I hate how it's tradition to have our kids play soccer. I wish we had them start out with better sports like hockey.
>>
>>65998434

Yeah this, Soccer is used in all the white Anglo colonies (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa (the white parts) etc)
>>
>>65957779
>wog
Literally no white people call it football
It's soccer
Fuck this anon
>>
Football, and this one has been suggested before on /sp/:
>Fouls inside the 16 yard box, but outside the 5 yard box would be a direct 1 on 1 with the goalie freekick from the spot where the infringement took place. Fouls inside the 5 yard box are penalties from the spot
>>
>>65998370
Once again, blame the English for referring to both rugby and soccer as 'football' back when American football branched off from rugby.

Euros and hue hues are in dire need of a history lesson about the dynamic nature of the word 'football' in the english-speaking world over the last 200 years.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.