[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans so defensive when confronted about the quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
Why are Americans so defensive when confronted about the quality of the EPL? I don't mean 4chan where everyone shitposts, but rather everywhere else (forums, leddit, etc), it's an interesting phenomena. Not even the british get so buttblasted, in fact I think they're quite realistic and know that the EPL isn't what it used to be. I don't quite get it, is it because they invested blindly in something and now they aren't getting "cred"? or just kinda like people regretting a buy, and instead of admitting it, they get über-defensive about the fact and attack everyone else's choices. Explain it to me ameribros
>>
It's the only soccer league most Americans know about
>>
>>65929093
you're gonna need bigger bait sergio
>>
>>65929093
What? No one here watches soccer nor cares about it. Is this bait?
>>
>>65929430
The post is addressed to those who watch the EPL, you ignoramus. Step aside, please. Nobody wants to be made aware of your stupidity.
>>
>>65929568
careful there
>>
>>65929093
because it's the most entertaining league and Americans watch sports to be entertained
>>
File: img-chloe-moretz-5_105109322924.jpg (388 KB, 1124x1500) Image search: [Google]
img-chloe-moretz-5_105109322924.jpg
388 KB, 1124x1500
I really want to see Chloe BLACKED.
>>
>>65929624
>>
File: PAWL.jpg (35 KB, 620x461) Image search: [Google]
PAWL.jpg
35 KB, 620x461
because the only americans who pretend to care about soccer are faggots?
>>
>>65929093
Why shouldn't they get defensive when retards like you spout the "LE EPL IS SHIT" meme?
>>
>>65929093
Because EPL doesnt have diving manlets
>>
>>65929093
This chick is fucking weird looking
>>
File: Kotori love.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kotori love.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>65929706
Based Argie
>>
>>65929801
>Blonde
>High test
>Non-brown eyed
>Not a total womanlet
She is a fucking Goddess.
>>
>>65929890
>high test

She looks fucking bizarre. She's not high test, you spazzy virgin cunt.
>>
>>65929890
>high test
if by that you mean that she has more test than the average inbred bongoloid
>>
>>65929890
She looks like a trap
>>
>>65929890
>literally being a pig = high test
'no'
>>
>>65929093
i dont see people getting buttblasted about the epl not being the best league. most people are ignorant to the quality of the other leagues. epl is basically the only league on tv/media here. la liga is literally divegrass/ballet. they occasionally show bundesliga but not that often.
>>
>>65929093
i guess we prefer competition over quality of play. imo epl has higher potential for upsets than la liga or bundesliga. watching barca trounce no-names week after week after week isn't entertaining for anyone except barca fans, same goes for bm
>>
Let's be real for a second. OK, first of all, everyone in England knows that most of the truly top players right now are playing in other leagues. That's fine, it's not a big deal. But we know that our league, was, is, and will continue to be the most entertaining. I watch La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A sometimes, but the entertainment value simply isn't there. There are only so many times I can watch Barca/Bayern/Juve brush a team of amateurs to one side before I simply lose interest. In the Premier League there's a genuine chance that anyone can beat anyone else, and the standard is still great even if it has dipped slightly year on year for about five or six years now.
>>
>>65930040
I mean I agree, EPL is much more entertaining, but I'm talking about the quality of the teams overall, given their underwhelming performances in Europe these last years. Brits know they've been uncompetitive, that the quality of the PL squads has dropped, yet I only see offended americans when someone talks about EPL being worse than La Liga/Bundesliga teams.
>>
>>65930040
>watching barca trounce no-names week after week after week isn't entertaining for anyone except barca fans, same goes for bm

That's just wrong, amerifriend, but you're entitled to your opinion
>>
>>65930193
Just because you want to see Neymar do good against shitters doesn't make him wrong.
>>
>>65930193
This coming from a country that literally spends about three months each season on 'state championships' where, in the majority of cases, one or two professional teams face about a dozen amateur teams to determine the best team in the state, for no obvious fucking reason.
>>
>>65929093
Listen pal we both know you're an Englishlad on holiday trolling both Spain and America so just leave it yeah
>>
>>65929093
Because the majority of Americans that watch the EPL are douchey hipsters. And we all know hipsters are just nerds who grew shitty lumberjack beards and wear top hats so they can pretend that that they're unique and beautiful butterflies, and it makes them better than everyone else. Pointing out the things they like are mediocre just sends them into flashbacks of getting picked last in gym and never getting to fuck the cute girl that stuck them in the friendzone in highschool.
>>
>>65930264
I didn't know I was the whole country, thanks for telling me mr. Bong
>>
>>65930193
you're saying you'd prefer to see them destroy minnows instead of someone that can actually put up a fight?
>>
>>65930378
says the guys who nuked japan
>>
>>65929093
The ads on NBSCN over here for it unironically call it the "world's best football."

People must buy into it since I don't think La Liga or Bundesliga are shown over here at all.
>>
they fell for the epl meme and now they have to justify watching
>>
>>65930378
Well, I'd prefer to see Barcelona or Bayern (in previous years, Real Madrid) against anyone, strong or weak, rather than see the EPL

The thing I want to see is good plays, passing, dribbling, beautiful free kicks, or to better sum it, good football

I prefer to see a match like today's Rayo x Barcelona that was 1x5 but had good play from both teams, than see Man U x Man City where they play the tiredest shittiest football
>>
>>65930901
Bundesliga is on Fox Sports

La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A are on Bein
>>
>>65931230
what the hell is Bein?
>>
>>65931244
I think it's Qatari

You're probably poor and don't get it on your TV
>>
>>65929801

>big head for that body
>huge hands
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (43 KB, 578x469) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
43 KB, 578x469
because people do not compare "normal" eplel clubs to other leagues clubs
>>
>>65931702
Based chlobro
>>
File: ss.png (46 KB, 577x470) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
46 KB, 577x470
>>65931752
>>
>>65929093
>Jake Virtanen
>Neymar

Who's next? She's making her way through the sports.

I imagine the LA Lakers will run a train on her when she gets back home.
>>
>>65929195
>one sport
>one professional league

Why can't foreigners grasp this very simple concept?
>>
>>65929682
Neymar isn't black anymore though.
>>
>>65930342
im in a good mood, here's your (you)
>>
>>65931970
MISS PIGGY ON A BARREL
>>
>>65929093
idk about butthurt but 2 team or 1 team leagues are worse
epl IS the best league usually
>>
>>65929093
>über
Why use a proxy?
>>
>>65932396
>Hillary
boner killed
>>
>>65931702
if only she had more ass
>>
>>65932396
The funny thing is she's probably taller than him in those heels.
>>
>>65931752
>>65931807
I have no idea what these pictures are trying to explain
>>
>>65932890
epl>every other league
>>
>>65932952
Good post serbro
>>
>>65931752
Manure is not better than Sevilla and West Ham is not better than Celta. Some others are tough calls as well.
>>
Why don't people understand that saying EPL is the best league does not equate to saying EPL has the best teams
>>
Spanish football, like most non-English leagues, is an embarrassment. Diving, limp wristed homosexuals playing for 1 or 2 big clubs in the whole league, enjoying the easy life in the sun, winter breaks, and playing shit irrelevant teams 90% of the time. There's a good reason the Premier League is by far the number one in the world.
>>
>>65931970
what an utterly mediocre body.
this is not high test.
>>
>>65931752
Deportivo and Malaga would beat those teams
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.