[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
they won the league in like 1995 and have been shit ever since,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Blackburn_Rovers.svg.png (257 KB, 991x1024) Image search: [Google]
Blackburn_Rovers.svg.png
257 KB, 991x1024
they won the league in like 1995 and have been shit ever since, how do you win the league and then be irrelevant for 21 years and counting?
>>
They didnt rate Zidane.
>>
Shearer was godlike
>>
>>65885799
I don't know but I hope they draw or lose against boro
>>
cos they're shit dirty bastards
>>
>>65885799
tactics tim
>>
>>65885799
meem magic
>>
Lol i dont know
>>
Watch Leicester closely, they are bound to show you.
>>
>>65885807
Literally this
>>
sold shearer
>>
Jack Walker died
>>
File: boavista.png (126 KB, 1150x466) Image search: [Google]
boavista.png
126 KB, 1150x466
Beats me m8
>>
>>65885799
Watch Arsenal. They're already half-way there.
>>
They had a ton of investment in the mid 90s and bought all the best British players, then the Premier League went global and they got left behind
>>
>Blackburn have won the premier league
>not Liverpool
>>
Ask Liverpool circa 1990
>>
Blackburn didn't rate Zidane before it was cool
>>
>>65886342
>>65885807
>In 1995 Zidane was offered to Newcastle United for £1.2 million, but the club turned down the offer after watching him, claiming that he was not good enough for the English First Division
It could have all been so different
>>
>>65886287
or >Leeds 1992
>>
>>65885799
>Blackburn,Leeds,Newcastle,Bolton and Forest were some of the best teams in Europe at some point
>>
>>65887731
>Blackburn
>Finished bottom of their CL group
Never were one of the best in europe

And you missed off Derby
>>
Reminder that Blackburn bought the league. People still think that they were massive underdogs like Leicester.
>>
Had Shearer, won title. Sold Shearer, became shit.
>>
>>65887812
This. They bought the league to fulfill an old dying man's dream. Now they're owned by Pakis.
>>
>>65885799
They were temporarily in a situation similar to Man City thanks to Jack Walker's money. Later they were a solid mid-table team for many seasons under Hughes, who did an excellent job with a shoestring budget, and later Allardyce. Then they were sold to one of the worst owners in football, Venky's, and that was the end of them.
>>
>>65887731
>bolton

what?
>>
>>65885990
Cheating scum, along with their neighbours.
>>
>>65887812
The craziest part is that he only actually invested £60m to win it all told, and that was into a team which had just been promoted and needed to be built from scratch. Inflation adjusted that's around 100m now which is similar to what Spurs invested the year after Bale left to finish 6th.

Shows just how mental the money has become.
>>
File: so Fedora much chic.jpg (91 KB, 600x832) Image search: [Google]
so Fedora much chic.jpg
91 KB, 600x832
>In 1995, Blackburn Rovers manager Kenny Dalglish had expressed interest in signing both Zidane and Dugarry, to which team owner and chairman Jack Walker reportedly replied, "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"
>Also towards the beginning of the 1996 season, according to football agent Barry Silkman, Zidane was offered to Newcastle United for £1.2 million, but the club turned down the offer after watching him, claiming that he was not good enough for the English First Division.
>>
They were literally the Manchester City of the mid 90s

Nothing to see here
>>
>>65889460
£60m then is like the equivalent of spending £300m in football now
>>
>>65889611
>Alan Shearer's £15m transfer to Newcastle in 1996 was a world record

He would cost at least £80m today, its crazy.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.