[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ways to Improve Soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: makeSoccerGreatAgain.jpg (108 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
makeSoccerGreatAgain.jpg
108 KB, 1200x675
1. Remove ties.
Instead every game goes into over time if tied and then penalties (no matter what competition). Team that wins in pens gets 2 points, team that loses gets 1. In the end, every game will involve 3 points being distributed in some manner.
>>
how about no.
>>
Ways to improve football?

Ban all Americans from playing and bandwagoning
>>
>>65800398
they tried this years ago with MLS and it didn't change shit.
>>
File: 4345345346.jpg (36 KB, 580x370) Image search: [Google]
4345345346.jpg
36 KB, 580x370
>>65800398

2. Reform penalties
Penalties should be taken from the outer goal box. The ball is placed anywhere along the outer goal line as the striker sees fit ( allows for creativity and tactics to show through). The ball can be shot from the line or dribbled in towards the goal (but the striker cannot enter the inner goal line). Once the striker makes initial contact with the ball he has 5 seconds to shoot it. Also once initial contact is made, the goal keeper can move off his line, allowing him to move anywhere within the field.
>>
>>65800398

Please fuck off , even NFL ends in draws

>>65800448

Kill yourself , England will never win the WC again
>>
>>65800428
>>65800448
>>65800455
>>65800471

How is the current system any better?
How is my system any worse?
>>
>>65800482
the world cup knock-out stages are already overly defensive because you don't actually need to score any goals in regular time, you can tire teams out and win on penalties or overtime out-running them.
>>
>>65800398

3. Add call challenges
Refs fuck up all the time. Coaches/teams should be able to challenge a refs call immediately after they are made. This could be done with challenge tokens.
Each team receives 1 token every half. If a questionable call is made, they have the right to challenge it (or if a call is made they have a right to challenge it once the ball leaves the area of play). If the challenge is successful and the ruling is overturned then the team gets their token back, if not then they cannot challenge another play till the next half.
Each team can only have 1 token max at a time (meaning they don't carry over if not used). An additional token is given to both teams if the game goes into over time.
>>
END DIVE CULTURE
>>
>>65800482
>how is the current system any better
some games are evenly matched and both sides deserve to split points. PKs are not soccer and aren't indicative of the relative quality in the match, its an arbitrary way to award points.

>how is my system any worse
extra time before PKs features tired legs, overly defensive (boring) play, and usually hinges on someone making a mistake due to fatigue or faltering concentration. If you are getting that to end games regularly, it's just not that entertaining and you barely gain anything from it.
>>
>>65800572
Teams do the same thing when playing for ties.
Look at it this way:

Team A wins a game and then loses a game
Team B ties 2 games.
In the current system, team A would have more points than team B even though team B is undefeated.
How does that make any sense?

Now in my system team B would play to penalites.
Lets say they win one game in pens and lose the other.

Now in this system team A and team B would both have the same number of points.
>>
>>65800398
>Ways to improve soccer

>Make it last longer
>>
File: Erection.jpg (24 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
Erection.jpg
24 KB, 450x317
>>65800398
1) If the referee suspects a dive has taken place, a penalty kick is awarded. Only the penalty kick is actually a swift kick to the groin of the offender from a player on the opposing team.
2) Repeat as necessary until there are no more dives.

There, I fixed soccer. You're welcome.
>>
File: 324987135.png (249 KB, 316x599) Image search: [Google]
324987135.png
249 KB, 316x599
>>65800398
1. Have a legal mechanism that makes diving and corruption high offenses in the LAWS of the Game
2. Non-arbitrary stoppage time. Have a second timekeeper.
3. Get rid of away goals rule in competitions. If both teams are even at the end of second leg, carry it into penalties.
4. Merge CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, and the OFC into a grand federation.
>>
File: 1454870241006.png (226 KB, 979x569) Image search: [Google]
1454870241006.png
226 KB, 979x569
>>65800448
THIS
>>
straight red for simulation

goalkeeper can wear only one glove. can change hands at half time if he wants.

any team can field an extra play once per game for ten minutes prior to the 70th minute. fr ten minutes afterwards no playeer including goalkeeper can eneter his own 6yrd box for the next ten minutes
>>
sport is way too pussy to be interesting. cant even touch another player without drawing a foul.
>>
>>65802714

I thought America already improved football-proper when it added flames after goals in Seattle.
>>
>>65800398

There's nothing wrong with a draw in a league format, and it obviously can't happen in a play-off game because there needs to be a winner.
>>
More lenient with foul play, only dangerous tackles and rugby-like tackles should draw a foul or card.
>>
a dive is not worse than a foul in any way
americans are so addicted to physicality that they forget that fouls are not a part of the game, that's why they are penalized.
trying to get advantage from a challenge is as shameful as fouling to stop a player that already surpassed you.
>>
>>65800398
I agree with my fat friend.

>>65802714
Just watch MMA's if you want people hitting each other. Footaball is about class.
>>
Only one change, penalties replaced by Hockey style penalty shots.
>>
multiball, remove offside, smaller field
there i fixed it
>>
>>65800398
aggregate is awful
>>
>>65800465
Why don't Americans understand the language of football?
>>
File: uhhh.png (114 KB, 337x405) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
114 KB, 337x405
>>65800398
>getting points from losing
>>
Ban meme haircuts
>>
>>65800482
>Injuries
>Defend all game
>What is the idea of a tie?
>>
>>65800692
How does that make any sense?

>Team B plays very defensively
>Gets 2 ties
>Can't win a game
>>
>>65802498
Yep. My idea was similar. If a referee deems a player to have dived a free kick is awarded against that team. The player who dived must stand 10m away (whatever that is in yards) using both hands to shield his face only. Ball doesn't have to be kicked into that player but its highly recommended
>>
Multiball
>>
>tf
>tt
>>
>>65800471
NFL ends in ties like once every 5 years.

A sport ending in a tie is ridiculous, especially when the end result is winning via penalty kicks.

At least in playoff hockey they play until someone scores
>>
>Ways to Improve Soccer
>that flag
Opinion discarded
>>
>>65804301
They have quite possibly the best sporting scene in the world. Why shouldn't the soccer community take on some of their advice?
>>
imagine 5 weeks of consecutive 120 minute + PK games, the whole team would be dead from exhuastion
>>
Add a ball on the field every 15 minutes a goal is not scored
When a goal is scored, reset to one ball
>>
File: 1324425216.jpg (351 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1324425216.jpg
351 KB, 1252x1252
>mfw op was fat and stupid near me
>>
>Americans improving sports because they can't play them
>insist on ruining it
Kek Americans are butthurt as fuck
>>
>>65804339
Only american can get this fucktarded idea
>>
>>65804373
Haven't they finished on top of the medal tally at pretty much every Olympics ever? They can play sports real well, just not soccer.
>>
Ice Hockey like substitutions. They can only be made while the ball is in play, players have to be off the field in order for the oncoming player to come on. Players must exit and enter the field in a designated area near midfield. This would lead to fresher players and teams occasionally getting caught off guard during a switch.
>>
>>65800639

Yeah this is a huge problem..

They need to start doing a video review on every single dive and if they are found guilty of faking it they instantly get mandatory 1 game suspension and a fine and after the game it goes to a judiciary and depending on the severity and their history they add on larger fines and suspensions.

This needs to happen. I can't even watch la liga anymore it's sickening. EPL isnt much better either.
>>
>>65804387
The olympics are games m9
>>
aren't ties in handegg playoffs pretty much decided by a coin toss? americans should fix their own sports first tbqhwy
>>
>>65800398
To make this game more exciting we need more offense, superstar players, and 1on1 iso moves

Basically reduce the defense a defensive player can do so that offense could make flashy plays
>>
>trying to change the most successful and popular sport in the world
>ameriguns
>>
Needs more commercials, blatant patriotism, 'athletes' needing oxygen after plays, penalties for excessive celebrations and unnecessary roughness tbqh
>>
>See subject
>See flag
okay, move along
>>
File: 1455399806259.png (522 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1455399806259.png
522 KB, 500x737
>>65800398
>it's another Amerifat "I'll improve le semen slurping divegrass with my superior creativity xdd" thread
>>
It needs a half-time show with the latest popular musician, cannons firing, pyrotechnics, and brought to us by Pizza Hut. Until that happens it's unwatchable.
>>
>>65804404
Divegrass is a game m8.
>>
>>65804424
It's funny you brought that up, as the NFL recently tweaked the overtime rules to make them more fair. Many will say the changes didn't go far enough, but it shows our willingness to at least attempt at improving our sports shortcomings. Something the international soccer community refuses to do.
>>
>>65800398
>Ways to Improve Soccer
start by not calling it Soccer
>>
>>65804886
Yeah, bro.

Its called fagball
>>
Removal of ties is idiotic. Shitty teams will simply play like West Brom and put every man behind the ball, disrupt the game and run the clock down until they can get a coin flip's chance of winning on penalties.

When teams play defensively they know the best they can hope for is a point. The rarely commit men forward to try and snag a win, and when they do better teams open them up and their shitty non-football plan falls apart.

If you remove ties they wont even bother with the rare counter attack forward, they'll camp in their own six yard box the entire game waiting for their coin flip to come.

I've never understood the American obsession with ties anyway, or a tie being an inherently bad thing when two teams have played each other off the park. The 3-3 tie between Everton and Liverpool a couple years ago was one of the best games I've ever seen.
>>
If you want less defensive teams at least make victories count 4 points instead of 3.
>>
>>65802657
>can wear only one glove
Okay, Michael Jackson
>>
>>65805029
Oh, and if you don't want to stop games for instant replay, at least after the match prosecute aggressions and penalty-awarded dives that the referee didn't see. Dives should be instant 2-3 match suspensions.
>>
File: 1456353381207.jpg (5 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1456353381207.jpg
5 KB, 251x241
>instead of giving teams 1 point for a draw, we'll give them 1 point and the chance of getting 2 points

Are you recovering from a severe brain injury?

That would only make teams more likely to set up for a boring draw away from home or against tough opposition.
>>
>>65805150
MAULED BY THE TIGERS
UR GETTING MAUKED BY THE TIGERS!!
RAWR XDD
>>
The only thing I'd change is the offside rule.

It SHOULD only exist to stop players from standing in the opposition box and simply waiting for someone to launch the ball from 80 yards away so they have an easy 1-on-1 with the keeper.

But it shouldn't be used in a way that disrupts and spoils the game when someone is one yard 'offside' even if they're 40 yards away from the goal.

I'd allow all 'offsides' unless it's BLATANT cheating and the strikers are just standing in an offside position.
>>
>>65805196

If you did this every team would just get a pacey forward to run between the defenders and hoof the ball to them, knowing they're faster and will beat the defenders every time. Whether its from 80 yards or 10 yards it's still shit to just lob balls over the top to someone faster than the defenders.

Offside mitigates that my forcing them to stick with the defenders and time their run correctly.
>>
>>65805196
>>65805238

At least I would make it so passes that come from inside the defending team's area are never offiside against the attacking team.

I would also make it so direct freekicks are never offside, instead forbidding the attackers to enter the area before the ball is kicked.
>>
The only decent one I've heard is this:
If game ends in a 0-0 tie, neither team will be awarded any points. I might be missing a huge flaw in this system, but the way I see it, it would take away those games where both teams are too scared to attack.
>>
Reddit: The Thread.
>>
>>65805238
Then the defenders shouldn't be so stupid as to have that high a line. If they don't think they can compensate with pace, don't sit that high up the pitch.

That's not a problem with the rules, that's a tactical issue. It's the same for both teams.
>>
>>65804141
Actually it's already closer than 10 metres and the player gets a yellow card
>>
soccer is gay lol
>>
>>65805284
>both teams defend brilliantly
>0 points for you!

Stick to ice hockey.
>>
>>65800692
>encouraging teams to play defensive
Congratulations, you made sawker even more boring
>>
>>65805442
0-0 implies that neither have defended well. A good and entertaining 0-0 is a rate occasion.
>>
>>65805582
>0-0 implies bad defending
>>
>>65804818
What are the shortcomings?
>>
>>65805592
I meant attacked, my bad.
>>
>>65805196
It becomes pretty subjective then.
>>
>>65800398
Japan league in the 90s did something close to that.
>>
put wall around the field just like in hockey
>>
>>65805196
you want to kill modern tactics

>>65805416
high lines are already dangerous as is
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.