[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have they solved football?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 10
File: 1432806123023.jpg (169 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
1432806123023.jpg
169 KB, 1310x873
Have they solved football?
>>
Yes. Sorry lads.
>>
>>65761369
No, they've ruined it.
>muh wings!
FIFA will be dissolved within 15 years because the new generation of players will try to emulate fags like them and the only players who will even go through the middle of the pitch will be "designated central players". This will cause ratings and revenue to plummet.
>>
File: 1448999376070.png (131 KB, 244x218) Image search: [Google]
1448999376070.png
131 KB, 244x218
FIFA will be dissolved within 15 years because the new generation of players will try to emulate fags like them and the only players who will even go through the middle of the pitch will be "designated central players". This will cause ratings and revenue to plummet.
>>
Zidane already solved football 15 years ago
>>
File: 1426936747533.gif (376 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1426936747533.gif
376 KB, 342x342
>>65761611
>>65761769
That thread about Warriors from yesterday was good but I am talking about soccer here, guise.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>
I think they are just the ultimate conclusion of salary-cap-less soccer: 3 of the best strikers in the world somehow end up on the same team
>>
>>65761611
>trying to run shit through the middle of the pitch the whole time
retard, this shit caused by Barcelona and Spain a few years ago was THE absolute cancer
>>
>>65761885
soccer is a worldwide sport, maintaining a salary cap is the worst idea you could ever have. unsurprisingly its an american that suggests it
>>
>>65761885
Great job to Barca's board then.

>"somehow"
Nobody wanted Suarez because of the ban and many thought Neymar was going to be just another Robinho.
>>
>>65761885
>3 of the best strikers in the world
more like the objectively 3 best players in the world playing together. How did other teams let themselves get cucked this hard?
>>
>>65761920

Then you will slowly progress towards shittier and shitter leagues on the bottom while congesting talent in superteams in select leagues

I'm not making a suggestion, I'm making an observation, I'm aware that it would be incredibly difficult to orchestrate a sort of cap system across leagues
>>
>>65761873

you forgot the meme arrows lad
>>
>>65761941
it wouldn't be incredibly difficult, its not possible. any league that tries to implement a salary cap just sets themselves up to become irrelevant.

why does everyone play in Europe? because that's where the money is. Say all the European leagues instill a salary cap in their league, all that means is that the players will move elsewhere, to a league where there is no salary cap so they can get paid more.
>>
>>65761369
suarez was complete shit today
>>
>>65761941
Also to add, the new television deals it the EPL combat exactly what you're suggesting is going to happen
>>
>>65761939
>How did other teams let themselves get cucked this hard?
>Madrid spending on marketable memes like James rather than all time greats like Suarez
>Bayern preferring to spend 45m on Fatze rather than try to get Neymar
>United throwing around cash blindly without any thought or reason
>Chelsea curbing spending since I guess Roman got bored of shelling out 100m+ out of his own pocket every year
>PSG/City are still meme clubs
>Juve/Milan/Inter are too poor
>>
>>65761939
1. they are all south american
2. south american countries have a footballing culture like nowhere else
3. spain is inherently more appealing for young south americans than elsewhere in europe because of the cultural similarities and also how easy it is to get citizenship
>>
>>65761369
>Have they solved football?

I expected to see a USA flag, not Serbia.
>>
>>65762020
>EPL
about as relevant as the Canadian National Team
>>
>>65762008
superb pass to Nerman in the first goal
>>
>>65762020

I literally just said I wasn't suggesting shit you thick moron

I know how difficult it is, it's a price you're going to have to pay as a fan
>>
>>65762105
>trying to reason with /sp/ statsbabbies
hurr he didn't score or assist!!!!1
>>
>>65762085
lol, do you even listen to yourself? I'll walk you through this.

EPL = popular, richest teams on avg who're about to get even richer

lots of money = success

therefore it's inevitable that EPL teams will begin to do well in Europe again
>>
>>65762128
it's a suggestion, a wrong one at that, not an observation. one of the least expensive squads in the EPL are in 1st right now, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>65762079
>football, not soccer
>expected US flag
Why, anon?
>>
>>65762167

They do not have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Bayern or a Lel Liga team, precisely due to the aforementioned observation

that fact that it is such a rarity for a low to mid table team to occasionally make a run in the EPL alone also bolsters my point, it's considered an actual miracle

it isn't a miracle that the Seahawks went from total shit to Super Bowl champions in the span of 3 years here
>>
>>65762202
the NFL is a fucking awful example because whoever is the most consistent team over the season is irrelevant, it has a dumbass playoff system. United would not have like 9/15 of the PL titles since 2000 if there was a playoff system you mong. All that means is that a team got hot at the right time.

And despite the fact that they don't have a chance of beating Bayern or Barca is irrelevant. In the future United will, City will, Chelsea will. why? MONEY MONEY MONEY. anyone who thinks these teams are done and are just going to disappear are complete idiots.

The fact that Americans actually think they can compare their league winners to euro league winners never fails to amuse me. The best team didn't win, the team that was good around the end of the season did. All of your leagues have a playoff system, making the comparison a fucking joke.
>>
>>65761611
>FIFA will be dissolved within 15 years
>Implying that's a bad thing

Wut
>>
>>65761369
>Have they solved football?
>solved
That's a funny way to say ruined
>>
File: fedora9.gif (4 MB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
fedora9.gif
4 MB, 630x354
>>65762202
>precisely due to the aforementioned observation

I agree with you, rest of the world. Our soccer fans are the worst. We don't like them any more than you do.
>>
>>65762330
I agree with this guy, just cause the broncos won superbowl didnt mean they were the best team, every game should count.
>>
>>65761369
>football
Which one?
>>
>>65762146
This.
Even bartomeu is worried

Epl euro domination is going to return in a few years
Anyone that disagrees is mentally American
>>
>cheat, steal, dive, bribe

Sounds like it
>>
>>65761939

Madrid and ManU doing shit. Bayern didn't want to have debt and UEFA forbiding PSG/CITY to do what they want.
Remember that messi was a midget that they stuffed with growth hormones, suarez costed 90 million euro and neymar costed probably more with a lot of dark stuff.
>>
>>65762330
Yet somehow the CL is seen as the pinnacle of club soccer achievement. It's a fucking playoff largely dictated by form and it isn't even played by the same squad who qualified as it occurs a whole year later.

Great arguments for every game counting when the French, German and Spanish league are all decided or narrowed down to 2 by about the halfway point anyways.
>>
>>65761934
This.
Also putting Neymar and Suarez next to Messi could have gone horrible. That they synergize that well is not normal for players of that caliber.
>>
>>65761369
The solution they've found = money buys you championships
>>
>>65769071
so why is manchester united so shit?
>>
>>65761369

No, they have bought it. Professional soccer has since the '95 Bosman case and the advent of global streaming devolved into a massive P2W arena where clubs have lost their identities and become pawns of their murky owners.

I've given up on idealism in global soccer and all that "no al calcio moderno" type thing, that time just isn't coming back. My suggestion is an European Champions League with 20 clubs and salary caps. The teams can be called whatever and be relocated.

Just go swallow your pride once and realize the 'murricans just organize pro sports better. The clubs are actually somewhat on sound financial ground and there is some FUCKING PARITY. I won't watch just another year of lolbarcawins league and buy their shirt for a 100€.

Going back to /hoc/. Oilers is still shit, but at least there's a way up that doesn't involve selling the club to a third world petrocrat.
>>
>>65769266
The difference is that US sports have a big team that represent every state of the US. In european football, teams represent just a city, and big cities have more than 1 team, so there's football teams wherever you go. It's impossible for there to be parity when there's so many teams.
>>
>>65769299

Well considering that bootleg Messi shirts are nowadays mostly worn from Tokyo to Teheran, there definitely seems to be an endless demand for these little clubs only representing minor cities coming from all over the damn world.

It might just be my point-of-view being narrowed by working close to the esports (enter the memes here) world and following it closely, but kids nowadays identify themselves with stuff like fucking Unicorns of Love and Ninjas in Pyjamas and FIFA has made the correct decision to appeal to that audience because traditional sports have a hard time competing against online gaming because the time spent watching TV - or godforbid, going to the stadiums to watch a damn sports event - is dwindling. The local identities mean jack shit in todays footie.
>>
>>65769266
It's always countries with no football tradition making such stupid suggestions.
>>
>>65769409

And it's always the ardent traditionalists that get stuck on dead ideals in a fundamentally changed world. Now you heir apparent to the grandest powers that be enlighten me on your vision on the future of international club soccer. Now the fact is you throw money into a club until you win, where should we be heading to?
>>
>>65769477
you're taking a 1 year of actual dominance and extrapolating as if Barcelona is breaking the sport by winning the last 10 Champions League finals. They've never won it consecutively.

From 1999 to 2010, with the only exception of 2006, only Lakers or Spurs have won the NBA title, wich defines the best basketball team in the world. That's 10 years of actual dominance, with salary caps, drafts, play-offs, and all the other crap.
>>
>>65769560
That's wrong though. Piston and Celtics each had a championship in the middle of those runs.
>>
>>65769560

I don't really want to concentrate on WHO is winning, but HOW they are winning and to be honest, there just isn't a way to a CL trophy outside having the most money to throw into team building. Clubs like Barca, United, Real and such are a great clubs with a great traditions in taking the sports forward on the pitch, but nowadays they abuse their global brands, sugar daddies and funds to cement their dominance. Emerging clubs are forced to sell their talents with peanuts and the giants reap the profits. The amount of serious cup contesters has dwindled into max five-six clubs and its slowly killing football.

You have a point about NBA, the system is fundamentally broken and most likely rigged, because the media appeal has mostly revolved around King James and his merry men and the playoffs have been a target of some serious ref fraud accusations. And the audience doesn't even like that, fucking local Heat "fans" came to see the team only during late playoffs and the league is in a horrible shape financially.
>>
>>65768500
>build, wall, chicanos, out

etc.
>>
File: CL 15 years.png (43 KB, 752x466) Image search: [Google]
CL 15 years.png
43 KB, 752x466
>>65769603
sorry, I fucked up looking at the western conference champions.
Regardless, American sports system (cartel, drafts, salary caps, play-offs) aren't an actual improvement over the CL.

>>65769705
Great teams come and go, same as any other sport. Atlético almost won in 2014, they were up 1-0 until conceding at the last minute and getting fucked in the overtime. Chelsea won in 2012 with a considerably weaker and less expensive team than Bayern. Milan was the most stacked, expensive team os the last decade, but they managed to lose to Liverpool, get eliminated by Deportivo de La Coruña, and win it once.
>>
>>65769789
(please excuse my inaccuracies btw)
>>
File: absolute madman.jpg (37 KB, 539x809) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.jpg
37 KB, 539x809
I'll give you a helpful hint:

Name a single southamerican world class striker who kept on being world class and decisive in winning world cups and champions league titles past the age of 30.

Now that you figured that out, remember Suarez is 29 and basically so is Messi. Ronal-done already.

Now that you remembered that, keep in mind the trio of magic could have easily lost the finals last year, so Neymar by himself won't be nearly enough to withstand EPL and whoever else steps up after Barcelona is done. That, and there's no young world class athletes going to rise from nothing and score 500 goals in 450 games like Messi and Ronaldo.

Before you make names, Cavani is 29 and is from uruguay like Forlan, Lewa is a year younger like Aguero and being Polacco his body will last longer than saudadefags, but he is a fox in the box and can be stopped, as you saw yesterday, no crazy genius.

We're going back to 1993-2006 level playing field pretty soon, maybe as soon as the next WC.
>>
barca is a dream team, all the players are super
>>
>>65769814
>Name a single southamerican world class striker who kept on being world class and decisive in winning world cups and champions league titles past the age of 30.
who is Diego Milito
>>
>>65769831

Milito is like Tevez, ass backwards. Do NO-thing for your entire career, than suddenly have a surge of pride and get a quality season.
>>
>>65769814
His world cup goals are amazing :^)
>>
>>65768466
who /mentallyamerican/ here?

EPL is shit and will remain shit until you get some players with tactics and not just MUH BRAVE LION LADS LOOK AT THAT HEART
>>
>>65768466
people seem to overestimate the new TV deal. the top teams will get around 40-45m more a year from it. that will surely help but anyone who thinks United's/Chelsea's/City's/Liverpool's problems can be solved by simply buying another meme player for 30m are in for a reality check
>>
>>65769848
>tevez
>no-thing for his entire career
>>
>>65769940

>Carry Ronaldo bags all the way to Mascow 2008
>Score some shit-tier goals in EPL for a few years
>Win nothing
>Go to Juve where the post Del Piero strikers were putrid vomit
>Suddenly reaches the finals nearly by himself

Yeah, NO-thing.
>>
>>65769976
>do great for Boca at the age of 20, win the Libertadores and the Argentine league
>be the best player in South America at Corinthians
>be a very good player at United, win the CL and 2 Premier League titles
>finish as EPL top scorer at City and win the Premier League title
>win two Serie A titles and drag Juve to the CL final as their best player
truly NO-thing
>>
File: Konachan.com - 149671 sample.jpg (800 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Konachan.com - 149671 sample.jpg
800 KB, 1500x844
>>65769266
Ay yo la voy a invitar a tomar asi nos emborrachamos y terminamos en la kamaaaaaa mamita que maduro cuerpo la voy a penetraar
>>
>>65769789

Looks like we're fundamentally on the same plane on this. What my worry is though, is that CL will - and it already has imho - evolve into a pony show arena which is mostly not played by reinventing the game on the pitch, but whoever plays the same game with more expensive toys. 32 clubs begin the league each year and they all play the same game with fundamentally same tactics, but most of them already know from the start that their pursuit for glory is utterly hopeless, because no matter how they coach, no matter how they raise players, no matter how well they think, in the end of the season their work is again nullified by the giants just cleaning the tables. What I like about in the NHL is that the dynasties are not handed over such tools to maintain the status quo like in footie.
>>
Remember when dummies on here said that they'd never get along cause of their egos.

This place is never right about anything.
>>
>>65770023
that's bullshit. Chelsea won the CL with their shittiest and least expensive squad in years, Borussia and Atletico only lost in the final after conceding an injury time goal and Juventus put up a good fight vs one of the best teams of all time.

it's more than possible to win the CL as the 10th-20th richest club in the world
>>
>>65761934
That's way both went for more than 90 million euro ?
>>
>>65770046
Suarez cost that much because he was that good but Barcelona were the only interested club after the biting ban
>>
>>65769976
Are you retarded?
>>
if they repeat the treble they need to win an award saying they've solved football
>>
>>65770058

Sorry I don't sugarcoat shit like you do with your cookies.

Oh, and he was decisive last year, both in good and in bad, since he is the reason Juve lost the finals.
>>
>>65770090
the reason Juve lost was simply being a vastly inferior team
>>
>>65770090
You could have just said yes. Also improve your english.
>>
>>65769789
>that late 00s England

I miss our teams being quality in Europe.
>>
>>65770112
What went wrong?
>>
>>65770242
>Ronaldo leaving United and the board thinking the squad is still world class because Fergie can squeeze out some titles in a league that was getting weaker with each year
>Abramovich getting tired of shelling out £100m from his own pocket and largely cutting the spending
>Arsenal being content with getting top 4 and getting BTFO in CL ro16
>Liverpool being a one giant meme
>City failing to build a good European squad that would replace the late 00s Liverpool
pretty much this
>>
>>65770283
They should right the course so we'll stop seeing shitty spaniard flags
>>
>>65770100

Kill thyself.

>>65770097

No it wasn't. Shoot that ball on goal and break Ter Stegen in half while still 1-1 and there is literally no way Barca equalizes, the game is over. That is what tells a true champion from a cagon apart. Oh, and he costed Juve the semifinals against Benfica and the group stage against Galatasaray too by the way.
>>
>>65770043

BVB and Atletico were forced to sell their best players after that and so much about the team building efforts then. And with them we're talking about fucking giants. My problem here is why the fuck even have a 32 club CL if it only works as a feeder system for the few superclubs.
>>
>>65770329
>>65770043

Like a situation where some clubs constantly field new players that are worth more than rest of the combined worth of the smaller isn't an interesting sports event, it's a duck hunt.
>>
>>65770112
>I miss our teams being quality in Europe.
none of them are my team though lad. can't say i ever felt any pride watching a team i don't support who happen to play in the same league as my team going and playing well against teams from foreign leagues. never felt like it was anything to do with me tbph
>>
>>65768414
>Super Bowl was #1AFC vs #1NFC
Yeah, it's like the playoffs reflects nothing about the season.
>>
>>65761369

I watched the game last night. Not a fan of either club but I am a football fan and tbqh I find Barca's dominance to be quite boring. I wanted to see an upset so badly, I wanted to see something NEW, instead it was the same tika taka pass the ball back and forth between the same two guys on the half way line, card waving, injury feigning, diving, bad sportsmanship bollocks I see every single time I watch this crap team play football.

They call them the best team ever. They are nowhere fucking near it in my book. In my lifetime I have witnessed better football teams who were not only exciting to watch but conducted themselves with class and dignity.
>>
>>65770566
>instead it was the same tika taka pass the ball back and forth between the same two guys on the half way line
>be Barcelona
>have the most fearsome attack in football history
>top European teams are so scared that they just put 11 men behind ball
>score with a brilliant counter attack the moment the opposition pushes forward a bit
>faggots on an anime imageboard complain that all you do is pass the ball back and forth
you literally can not make this up
>>
>>65770566
baiting or you know literally nothing about football t b h lad
>>
>>65770591

that's not all I complained about but whatever m8, they are ungracious, cynical and unsportsmanlike, I want to see them lose for that reason alone
>>
>>65770312
Learn to use English correctly, Mario.
http://grammarist.com/usage/costed/
>>
>>65770610

Was anything I said not true?

>Diving
Check

>Card Waving
Check

>Feigning Injury
Check

>Pass the ball back and forth 5-10 times between the same two players on the halfway line repeatedly
Check

The only thing they did in 90 minutes that could be considered exciting football was the counter attack for the goal. Other than that all the exciting moments came from Arselel.
>>
>>65770616
complaining that all they do is pass the ball between two guys on the half way line when the other team sticks 11 men behind the ball just shows that you don't really know what you're talking about
>>
>>65769409
Good thing some sheikh is about to win the fifa presidency then
>>
>>65770643
>that's not all I complained about but whatever m8
>hey are ungracious, cynical and unsportsmanlike

can you even read m8?
>>
>>65770673
it was still one of the things, and this one thing shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-vs-barcelona-barca-dive-flounce-and-complain-but-their-ugliness-runs-much-deeper-than-that-a3185791.html

>Mes que un club. Imagine if Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, or Real Madrid had ‘more than a club’ as their motto. It would be laughable. Yet Barcelona roll out this axiom with a straight face. They are loved for it.

>In one sense, the Catalan club are right. Barca are a rapacious moneymaking operation with an eye on global domination. They have managed to make people believe they are underdogs. That they care. It’s the biggest con job since the devil convinced the world he didn’t exist.
>>
>>65770694
>Watch Barcelona. Their sense of entitlement is stunning. They whinge to the referee constantly. Sergio Busquets is one of the worst culprits. He is a superb defensive midfielder but his combination of snide fouls and play-acting undermine his brilliance. Barca dive, flounce and complain — and that’s when they’re on top. When things go against them they squeal louder than Jose Mourinho.
>>
>>65770682

t. the ultimate authority on football knowledge
>>
>>65770694
So much butthurt
>>
>>65770716

he may be butthurt but it does not make what he is saying any less true
>>
>>65770694

>my team sucks and cant beat barca
>HURR BARCA ARE UGLY AND DIVE AND COMPLAIN EVEN THOUGH ARSENAL WERE DOING THE SAME SHIT THE WHOLE GAME
>>
>>65770723

I thought you lot didn't like diving and play acting?
>>
>>65770711
no, but complaining about a team passing the ball back and forth when faced with bus parking makes you the worst authority on football knowledge
>>
>>65770722
>he
nice try samefagger
>>
>>65770090
>Sorry I don't sugarcoat shit like you do with your cookies.
Burn?
>>
>>65761369
It's the Yerba Maté
>>
>>65770734

im fine with diving if its to embellish a foul thats already there. people act as if diving is a weak thing to do but it is strategically useful and can change the tide of a game so I cant hate it. But i dont like it either
>>
>>65770722
How's that even true ? His article is pure butt devastation without any sense at all

> Arrogance radiates from Catalonia. The cover of Sport, a Barcelona-based newspaper, summed it up yesterday. “Wenger, no te hagas ilusiones,” it said after their team’s lacklustre 2-1 victory over Las Palmas. The message: Wenger, don’t get your hopes up. It would be a joy if Arsenal make them rue those words.

How is it arrogance ? When shit papers here claim EPL is the best and what not, that's not arrogance apparently

This whole article is rubbish
>>
>>65770716
Loving the butthurt. It's like 2009 all over again. Glorious.
>>
>>65770784
E
A
S
Y
>>
>>65769976
Don't forget stopping wet spam getting relegated ;)
>>
I can't stand it when they slow the game down to a walking pace and force everybody stand around outside the penalty area...it's the worst
>>
>>65770972
passing the ball doesn't force the other team to stand outside the penalty area. they can choose to press. you're mixing up cause and effect
>>
>>65770694
Someone is butthurt
>>
>>65770694
is The Standard a serious newspaper?
>>
>>65770972
people blame Barça because tiki taka is "boring", but it's the other team who parks the bus and kills the game
>>
>>65770736

No, you thinking it's quality football makes you the worst authority on football knowledge. Most of the excitement in that game came from Arsenal. Did you not even watch it?
>>
>>65771057

Well when the other team has spent hundreds of millions of corrupt money on shady transfer deals to acquire the best players in the world what choice do they have really when they try to play by the rules?
>>
>>65771106
most of the excitement came from how sloppy barcelona defence is
>>
>>65770694
>rapacious moneymaking operation
>480m euros in debt
>stadium falling apart
>will have to sell nerman this summer
>>
>>65771125
How much did we spend on the best player of history again?
>>
>>65771106
you're so stupid I don't even know why I'm replying to you. Not even stupid as in you don't know football (which you still don't), stupid as in you don't understand basic logic.

Teams don't pass the ball back and forth because they want to, they do that because there's nothing else to do when the other team decides to put 11 men behind the ball and wait for you to fuck up. What do you expect them to do in that case? Try to bloot one in from 40 yards every time they get the ball? Try to dribble past 4 players on their own? No, you pass the ball and try to find an opening (which they did many times, Barcelona created like 3 times more chances than Arsenal that game)
>>
>>65771175
I don't know exactly but his wages are enormous.
>>
>>65771125
there's nothing wrong with defensive tactics, especially against a technically superior opponent.

what's wrong is blaming the "boring" game on the technically superior side rather than on the side that chose to defend with their entire team

although I disagree with anyone who thought that game was boring. Arsenal defended incredibly well and Barcelona managed to string some great moves. Anyone who thinks it was a shit game is a pleb who's only entertained by goalfests with 6+ goals and comical defending
>>
>>65771150
kek, what are you on about? the head of the economy section of Barcelona recently said the club could afford a year with no sponsor on the shirt and that the club doesn't need to sell any player
>>
>>65761369
Nah mate, people used doping way before them
>>
>>65771150
>falling for the barcelona will have to sell neymar meme
>>
>>65768647
>some games shouldn't end up meaning anything
so you even listen to yourself? there is no valid argument for every game not counting.

the champions league being "the pinnacle" is not because of the playoff system retard, its because of elite teams from elite leagues playing each other.
>inb4 he recommends a european superleague
>>
Passing the ball forces you to go after the ball. If you go after the ball but they're good at passing the ball, you're not getting the ball and you're getting tired.

At that point your only hope is have a quality defense, let them have fun and hope they don't score too much by the time they're exhausted, see Buyern yesterday.

Chelsea succeeded to take em down with the catenaccio, but they literally only had Messi as sole striker, so the play was tiki-taka all the way next to the penalty box, and hope the quick passing lets some midfielder cut into the penalty area where he can serve a teammate. Now Barcelona has got three strikers so the range is much wider to defend against.
>>
>>65771541
>Chelsea succeeded to take em down with the catenaccio
Nope, Barcelona created more than enough chances in both games but didn't convert them (especially in the first game) so Chelsea's advance wasn't due to their "brilliant" defending but solely on the immense luck factor.

Inter, on the other hand, DID take them down with the catenaccio. They are to still the only team that made (Pep/post-Pep) Barcelona look completely impotent at CAMP NOU.
>>
>>65771725
This. Chelsea did not defend well in 2012, Barcelona were just incredibly wasteful and hit the woodwork like 4 times.

just one example, this was at the Stamford Bridge with the score 0-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1cep6BWxhg
>>
>>65771180

>you stupid face you're stupid
>>
>>65771221

any club that got gifted mountains of dodgy cash could do that, it;s nothing to brag about
>>
>>65771725
Chelsea in the 09 SF first leg – as well as most of the second – completely shut down Barcelona at Camp Nou
>>
>>65771210

it wasn't a boring game per se but the only reason it was interesting was because of Arsenal, the result was fucking boring though, honestly there's not much point in the CL anymore
>>
>>65771852
Barcelona created many more chances than Arsenal.
>>
>>65761611
>this meme
kek
>>
>>65771106
>That flag
>This sport
>>
I say with China investing tons of money in it's league and buying the big time players because they have the money it's going to force teams to build their own players. It will be great to see that agian. The fall of Man Utd is great. It has allowed other teams to revel.
>>
>>65761369
no they've ruined it
>>
>>65771911
Manchester United will rise and conquer, peasants
>>
>>65771774
Fuck off back to your containment thread
>>
>>65771725

Technically Barcelona went through, because their gol was perfectly regular. Karma for Chelsea 2009 anyway.
>>
MSN is the only Mercosur thing that works.
>>
File: 981273981729387129.jpg (95 KB, 861x993) Image search: [Google]
981273981729387129.jpg
95 KB, 861x993
>>65761611

>this post
>this flag
>this topic
>mfw
>>
>>65771725

No.

Bayern pushed their shit in at home too.
>>
>>65768436
the one where you actually use your feet

not the one where you carry and throw the ball, with your hands
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.