[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>blackhawk fan my whole life >stuck with them for years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
>blackhawk fan my whole life
>stuck with them for years while they lost Roenick, Chelios and rebuilt themselves
>2010 rolls around
>win the cup
>everyone in chicago all of a sudden gives a shit about hockey
>people think I'm just another bandwagoner

its not like i want them to suck again, but it would be nice if they didnt make the playoffs in 2017 (because we already are most likely going to this year) just to weed out some of the fair weather fags
>>
Idk what the perspective is for you, but everytime ive been to the Blues and Blackhawks are playing, BH fans buy up all the tickets and are just a pain in the ass. This was well before 2010.

Blackhawks fans have always seemed the most numerous to me, and the most virulant.
>>
When I was younger, like 7 or something, I played hockey with this literal autistic kid who's parents forced him to play so that he'd (hopefully) develop social skills. I bet you can guess what his favourite team was.
>>
>>65741262
>WAHHHHHHHH PEOPLE THINK IM A BANDWAGONER CUZZZ MUH TEAM WON!!!!1

fucking kill yourself you degenerate piece of worthless filth. just be fucking grateful your team won something you fucking faggot
>>
>>65741262
Stop being a bitch. Everyone will look like a band wagoner.
Just be glad the Hawks excite people nowadays rather than sucking the life out of conversations.
I had some hockey talks during Dollar Bills tenure that were just fucking depressing
>>
>>65741469
The Canadiens?
>>
>>65741262
tfw bobby hull and stan mikita played minor in my hometown and my dad followed them all the way to chicago. raised me and my bro as hawks fans. leaf fans at my school used to mock me. whos laughing now bullies. whos laughing now.
>>
>>65741262
Toronto sports fan here. Been following all my teams my whole life except TFC - once we make the playoffs with any of them literally everyone becomes a fan. just millions out of nowhere. But most of them don't realize we're still shit so they're all delusional and think we can actually win.. just be glad you're winning cups, mate.
>>
>>65741262
>>65741611
>more people are interested in watching a good team than a bad one

more news at 11
>>
I'm worried that spuh will think I'm a Jest bandwagoner when they take over the AFC East next year
>>
>>65741469
The Sparkledogs?
>>
>>65741262
>being a furpuck fan
>>
File: bestfood2k16.jpg (444 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
bestfood2k16.jpg
444 KB, 1279x1706
>>65741637
I guess I was complaining more about how obnoxious some of these people are thinking they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>65741653
Hahahahah

Trust me you don't have to worry about that
>>
>>65741262
>wanting your favorite team to be bad
>caring what anyone thinks
>>
File: a61.jpg (34 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
a61.jpg
34 KB, 600x665
>>65741475
maybe i came across the wrong way.
all im saying is that bandwagoners have made real fans look bad

sorry to hear about your coyotes
>>
>>65741262
>Cap might go down
>All that money tied up in two players

They won't be able to hang on to any good young players, and will be shit before too long.
>>
>>65741726
Brady will be gone next year
Cheats only have Gronk
>finns
>razor cakes
>>
>>65741262

Stop giving a shit what other people think asshole. You're getting to watch an unbelievably good hockey team, deal with it
>>
>>65741422
Really? I'm assuming this is in STL?

Ive played hockey since I was 5 in central il. I remember back before the Hawks got good being told by everyone hockey sucks. Not only that but the kids I played hockey with i.e. Those who actually did like hockey were all wings and avs fans. Now I can't go anywhere in town without seeing people in Hawks gear. It's close but I would say I see more Hawks shit then bears and Cubs these days amazingly.
>>
>>65741262
The best part about bandwagoning a team is the tears and whining from the "true believers" who somehow think anybody gives a shit about their devotion to a shitty team during their shitty period. The fact that a team loses fans when it sucks is basically the main way to get a team to improve, either by getting it new ownership or existing ownership to get the lead out of their pockets.

Also, Chicago is a very competitive sports market, with pro teams in every major sport as well as futbol. So cheer up, if the Cubs actually get good, when the Hawks finally fall to the salary cap you'll have your first-round exit team all to yourself again.
>>
Rather than looking like a bandwagoner, my actual issue is with the amount of suburban fairweathers clogging up the city and seats when the hawks are in town. Can't even but a ticket without selling your first born. I haven't been able to go see a game since 07. It's not fucking fair that I'm probably a bigger fan because I still follow via gamethreads and streams every game but all through my computer in my parents basement instead of actually being at the game. Im happy theyre FINALLY doing well but seriously fuck bandwagoners. I want to go see live Blackhawks game again at the UC.

It's not fucking fair.
>>
>>65743789
>NUH UH ATTENDANCE IS SUPPOSED TO DROP IF THE TEAM SUCKS

spoken like a true fairweather cubsfag
Loyalty > all
>>
>>65742799
But the city is still a Bears city. Even last year with a sad 7-9 record, it was still a Bears city.
>>
>>65743789
This. Eternally devoted fans are fucking cancer to a team.
>>
>>65744240
Let me guess, Jays fan?
>>
>>65744236
They were actually 6-10, even worse but the point stands.
>>
Teams in major markets or teams that win championships are always going to have insufferable bandwagoners that make everyone look bad

The question is why the fuck do you care? Your TEAM won. Why do you give a shit what other fans say or do?
>>
>>65744090
> It's not fucking fair.
Vote Bernie, maybe he'll give you free tickets
>>
>>65741262
If you'd have really been a fan all your life then you would have watched them this year. You clearly haven't because they show no sign of slowing down. So get the fuck out!
>>
>>65744258
Because as a devoted fan, while I'm happy my team won, I also want to go to games and see my team and support them in person. But thanks to bandwagoners that's completely impossible now. Floods of fairweather faggots from naperville who never even heard of hockey before 2010 come migrating in droves to the west side of town make gameday hell in the area. They're also impassionate and unknowledgeable and generally produce bad crowds who are too quiet to boo correct referee decisions. It's just not fucking fair that they get to go watch the team they didn't even know exist several years ago while I am forced to watch them on a shitty quality illegal stream in my parents basement. So yes I'm happy the team itself is winning but fuck no I'm mad at the bandwagoners.
>>
>>65744206
you're a fucking retard m8. Loyalty is important sure but you forgot what franchise you were talking about. The Hawks literally only turned their franchise around when people stopped going to the games and giving the franchise money for being shit, and told Wirtz to fuck off. Thankfully he died soon after.

This is why the Leafs will always be shit. The ownership can have the team be dogshit forever and the fans will continue to pay the highest ticket prices in the NHL to watch them blow every night. There's no incentive to improve.

>>65741653
considering the jest had a huge amount of bandwagoners, tripfags, and annoying assholes on here when the first had Rex and were going to AFCCGs, yeah i'd say so

you wouldn't know that though
>newfag
>>
>>65744249
Yes, I followed them quite hard the second half of the season / playoffs.

Look, being a diehard isn't bad in and of itself, they are actually necessary to keep a team profitable during the lean years, but if there are too many, it kinda kills the main reason why ownership (not all owners, but most) would want to improve, which is plunging profits
>>
>>65744324
Bears too for that fact. The McCaskeys keep making bank off the 12 million population Chicago land area easily selling out soldier field year after year even if they put the shittiest shit on the field.
>>
>>65744259
I would unironically vote for him if this were true. Have you seen how much Hawks tickets cost now? And they're all constantly sold out that even if you had the money, arm, and leg somehow, you still would be put on several waiting lists first.
>>
>>65742799
I didn't start watching hockey until I was 13-14 years old. As many others in chicago started. I feel like hockey is a bit more involved than other sports. Kids like baseball cause they see the obvious plays. Ball goes far. Football also. Hockey isn't as flashy all the time and can't attract the attention of children.
>>
>black cock fan my whole life
How's your wife's son feel about that, m8?
>>
>>65741262
who cares? you sit at home in the basement all day anyway
>>
>>65742799
decatur flames brah?
>>
File: alberta qts.png (725 KB, 472x591) Image search: [Google]
alberta qts.png
725 KB, 472x591
>>65741469
oilers
>>
File: checking.webm (990 KB, 578x360) Image search: [Google]
checking.webm
990 KB, 578x360
>>65744440
hockey is flashy as fuck and little kids LOVE fights.

It is just expensive as shit if you dont live near a frozen pond and can learn to skate anytime you want to
>>
>>65745946
That hit was cool as fuck, that """""""fighting""""""" was fucking lame

>hockey
>>
>>65741262
Didnt you get BTFO on that national game yesterday?
>>
>>65745971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou9LynM1Qaw
i cut the gif early for size. this was a fight i saw after christmas.

We the hit i linked lead to a goalie fight
>>
>>65745474
Nah Bloomington thunder here senpai
>>
>>65745934
>Those QTs

there's something about semi attractive girls. With really attractive girls I feel like I want to date or have a relationship with them, but when I see a semi attractive girl I just only think about fucking them, because presumably they're not worth dating.

I know I'm a horrible person
>>
good thread
>>
>>65746035
I was kinda felt the opposite 2bh. I felt like the hotter chicks would be more likely to be massive whores so I went for the good girl types. but the last 2 girls I went out with got super clingy so that kinda ruined that for me so now I don't know what to go for
>>
File: 7FkBT8H.jpg (161 KB, 900x1175) Image search: [Google]
7FkBT8H.jpg
161 KB, 900x1175
>>65746080
i sort of agree. IMO 10/10s would be likely to cuck me with Chad. 7/10s would be loyal
>>
>>65746092
>>65746080
I'm somewhat agree with those. 10/10 who know they're 10/10 will demand the best from a relationship, simple because they know they can. By this logic they might leave you for a better or potentially better relationship.

But girls who are semi attractive tend to be really insecure about their looks and look for anyone who gives them attention in or outside a relationship.
>>
>>65741262
One of my roommates was born in Illinois, but moved to a different state when he was young, and didn't start following hockey until the Blackhawks became good. He also mixes up his teams between the state he was born in and the state he grew up in. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>65741262
>>everyone in chicago all of a sudden gives a shit about hockey

Don't worry, anon. I still don't give a shit about hockey.
>>
>>65746134

To date a 10/10 you would need lots of money and also be a 10/10 yourself, if you are missing either of those things she will eventually cheat on you or trade you up for someone who both.

Average plebs like us can only aspire to a 6/10 or 7/10, because a 8,9,10 wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.