[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMA's a sport right? So my question is, in a one on one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: mma.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
mma.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
MMA's a sport right?

So my question is, in a one on one life or death situation in the street who wins...
A Navy Seal or professional MMA fighter?

Round 1....bare hand fight to the death

Round 2...each man has one knife, and fight to the death

So who wins?

>Inb4 Americans
>>
File: y44y4.jpg (120 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
y44y4.jpg
120 KB, 600x325
None of them can take the left hand so it doesn't matter anyways
>>
>>65740385

>Round 1....bare hand fight to the death

MMA fighter, easily.

>Round 2...each man has one knife, and fight to the death

That's more leveled out now. I'm not familiar with how skilled are Seals with knife combat, but I'd say it's a pick 'em situation.
>>
Seals are trained to kill
Weather it be with bare hands, random objects, knives, and other weapons.
Mma fighters are just trained to win fights
So answer to both is seals
>>
>>65740397
>>65740468
>Canada and euros in charge of knowing anything about military
>>
>>65737856
>>65737856
>>65737856
>>
>>65740944
What do YOU know about the military, faggot? Did you serve?
>>
>>65740385
the guy who trains fighting 2-3x a day 6 days a week you blithering zilch
>>
>>65740385
The navy seal would crumble inside the first round so weapons would be irrelevant
>>
Bellator had a meme fight this past weekend between two ex Marines

they were shit
>>
>>65740890

You think MMA fighters are trained to "win fights?" Do you realize that many if not most UFC fighters have multiple black belts (jiu jitsu, judo, and tae kwon do among MANY others)? Most also have backgrounds in things like wrestling, boxing, muay thai...

If a UFC fighter wanted to kill you he probably knows 8 different ways to do it
>>
File: 1454401503693.jpg (31 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1454401503693.jpg
31 KB, 540x390
>>65741293

>blithering zilch

cease, imbecile
>>
File: MaleFight.jpg (3 MB, 3240x4320) Image search: [Google]
MaleFight.jpg
3 MB, 3240x4320
GSP vs an Elephant Seal who wins?
>>
>>65741365

GSP via decision using primarily jab and footwork.
>>
>>65740890

Do you think there are better "Ranger" fighters than Kennedy?

Because Kennedy is MAYBE top 5.
>>
>>65741389
Underrated
>>
>>65741217
Yes. US Marines I was taught to kill people with whatever I could find at a very basic level seals are pros at it
>>
>navy seals are expert fighters meme

They stand no chance in round 1.
>>
>>65741430
I don't even know who that is

>>65741351
The seals are trained to kill I don't know shit about bjj or any of martial arts but aren't most designed as more of self defense?
>>
>>65740385
>muh soldiers are the most badass unstoppable warriors in the world!

considering MMA fighters train every day just in hand to hand combat, they would probably win. a solider has to practice and train for a lot more and hand to hand combat is probably a good distance down the list of priorities

but you have to take into account that MMA fighters are built to be a certain weight and form while soldiers can be anything. weight is a completely unfair advantage in a fight technique probably couldn't make up for a 100 pound difference. the first paragraph only hold true if the contestants are approximately the same size

round 2 is just memery
>>
>>65741514
> implying you'd survive the first round without any weapon whatsoever

I'd the seals the knife one if there were any possibility a trained fighter wouldn't completely obliterate them in less than a minute into first round
>>
>>65741515
this

your american fellows are embarrassing

like that one dude in an old thread claiming that if a civilian assaulted an out of uniform serviceman on foreign soil, he would get taken back to the US and tortured and shit
>>
>>65741553

>I don't even know who that is

He is a professional MMA fighter in the UFC, he's also "Special Forces".

He's not even close to being a champion. Professional MMA fighters are better fighters than "seals rangers, whatever", end of story.

When guns are involved it's different, but only then.
>>
>>65740890
>this delusion

kek, plenty of ex marines have fought in MMA and been heem'd. The out of his prime Wandy who fought and lost to old Rich Franklin literally KO'd Brian Stann in his prime.

In hand to hand combat the MMA fighter wins EASILY 10/10
With a knife? I'd probably pick the seal unless the MMA fighter can somehow disarm him. That's a meme fight anyway.

>>65741553
No, plenty of those disciplines are learned so people can have exhibitions, competitions or to do them professionally. If you go to be a pro kickboxer for example, your main objective isn't self defence, it's KOing people stiff. Just like if you train BJJ for competition it's not self defence you're learning, you're learning how to beat someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKBGPEzBvvY
>>
>>65741581
Your right I would get destroyed. Seals however are trained well beyond me and could hold there own.
>>65741624
Fighting in the octagon and fighting in life and death are far different >>65741610
in the marines we trained for hand to hand combat almost evenly as we did with weapons I'm sure the seals spend plenty of time on it
>>
>>65741707

>Fighting in the octagon and fighting in life and death are far differen

No, actually they are very similar with a few rules. Many of which you wouldn't be able to break without being choked unconscious or heem'd straight irl.
>>
>>65741656
Not deluded lad I know I would get wrecked but seals are on a different level and a to the death street fights a lot different then the octagone shit
>>
>>65741751

How is it different? How would you exploit an unarmed fight differently?
>>
How can there be a round 2 if round 1 is a fight to the death?
>>
>>65741768
If your in a fight to the death are you gonna be worried about your spacing and throwing jabs and all that circling round and shit? Probly not.
>>
>>65741796

If I'm you, no probably not. I'm going to rush head long into dat straight left.

and nobody can take that left hand shot
>>
>>65741812

>nobody can take that left hand shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOwaufOKFHI
>>
>>65741707
There's plenty of rules to prevent injury one fight can do to another. Most are retarded things that are only banned because of some meme karate videos.

Unless the Seal knows how to effectively use groin shots, eye gouging and hair pulling there's no difference. He comes forward onto a straight counter, or he gets caught in the Muay Thai plum clinch and knee'd into oblivion, or he gets heem'd by a hook on the inside, or he gets his leg broken/liver or spleen ruptured via leg kick or body kick.

>>65741796
>are you going to establish a range at which you can fuck them up but they can't touch you

If I can yeah probably m8. You can charge at me, I can time it with a straight, and boom. You're done.

If an ex-Navy Seal went up against a prime Mirko Cro Cop in a fight to the death he'd be dead a minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0Gucw1qK0
>>
>>65741812
t. expert fighter
>>
>>65741848

t. retarded dud
>>
>The only person itt with any knowledge of military training said he would take the seal
>all of heem gets assmad and rushes in with their expert opinions
I jut made my choice based on seals being trained in killing People and mma is not is that really that delusional of a argument
>>
>>65741553
>I don't know shit but I'll act like I do

You make it seem like Navy Seals know some bullshit Kung Fu moves

Any fighter knows how to do nutshots, eye gouges, hair tugging, rabbit punches, etc.
>>
>>65741906

Choking someone unconscious isn't the same as killing someone? What if they didn't let go?

Most submissions are chokes.

If you beat someone out of consciousness, what is stopping you from continuing to beat? These fights are virtually to the death, guy. They are stopped before it happens.
>>
>>65741906
But several disciplines in MMA literally involve plenty of techniques that can kill hence why they need licensing and refs to stop the fights. Even BJJ needs that shit. If I were to KO you with dat left I could easily kill you after that point by literally stomping your skull in. If I were to catch you in a choke you go out after 5 - 10 seconds then all I need to do is hold it for about a minute while you're unconscious.

The reason why you're so retarded is because you literally have no idea what MMA training is like or the technique that goes into it. MMA fighters literally are trained to take motherfuckers out in the most effective way possible and are told to stop when the ref jumps in. Most of MMA wasn't developed as self defence, that's just something people say to either sell their shit, useless martial art or to keep soccer moms off their ass while training their kids.
>>
>>65741906
You're stupidly acting like an MMA fighter doesn't know to literally beat someone to death

Most of these Navy Seals train those EXACT MMA techniques
>>
>>65741952
I don't watch mma and don't know Anything about martial arts but I do know about killing people and military training so I chose a seal why does that anger you so much
>>
How many MMA fighters do you need to beat Batman?
>>
>>65742031

troll/kid/tarded

im out
>>
>>65741780
Round 2 of discussion...do you need to be spoon fed?
>>
>>65741906
martial arts are considered a lethal weapon anyway

a hit to the neck,a broken solar plexus,a choke of 20 seconds are literally lethal

its retarded to think that a professional mma fighter could not kill a seal easily in bare hands fight
>>
>>65742031
Oh I see, you're trolling because you're an Asperger-ridden child

It's alright, you'll mature out of it one day

But you need to convince yourself that you are, rather than trying to convince me, that's the biggest hurdle to this process

I know you know I'm right, let's just hope you let yourself know that
>>
>>65742031
Because MMA fighters literally train to kill professionally, like, the best of the best are literally the best in the world at fighting period. There are hundreds of thousands of fighters who dedicate their lives to this unlike marines, there's hundreds of thousands of fighters who train hand to hand combat more than any marine.

Even some scrub on the undercard of, say, WSOF could beat most marines easily in a fight to the death, never mind legit ranked fighters who KO other fighters who are among the best in the world.
>>
>>65740385
Round 1, depends on the skill level of each fighter. Not all SEALs are equals just like professional MMA fighters aren't equal. Average MMA vs Average SEAL? I'd give it to the MMA fighter

Round 2, both die of blood loss from being stabbed and slashed repeatedly.
Don't ever get in a knife fight yo
>>
>>65740385
Not really a sport it should be sent to /asp/ where it belongs
>>
>>65746327
It's the only sport there is, kiddo. GTFO outta here ya goof
>>
>>65740385
>MMA's a sport right?

no
>>
>>65740385
Army and seal training doesnt come close to the training an athlete does
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.