[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great June debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 401x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 401x1024
The great June debate
>>
there's no debate
>>
>Mexicowinslol
>>
Watch Euro at daytime, shitpost in CA threads at night
>>
>>65733431

Your right , half of the euros group is utter shit with group winners already confirmed
>>
both are shite
but let me prove copa america is less important for the teams involved:

ask a paraguayan or a bolivian whether they prefer to win copa america or qualify for the next world cup. I'm certain they prefer to participate in the world cup.

now ask a portuguese or a austrian whether they prefer to not qualify for the next world cup, but on the counterpart win the euro 2016.
>>
>>65733452
this
>>
>>65733427

At least the tournament in the US will actually take place and not get enriched by migrants.
>>
>>65733452

You need to relax, they're trying out something new. This might actually challenge UEFA tournaments marketability , spectacle and quality of football.

Last years Copa was shit and looked like it was live from a 3rd world shithole
>>
>>65733479
are they gonna play in rebuilt football stadiums?

new england kek
>>
>>65733427
I prefer the Euros to the WC as a European since all the nations in the tournament mean something to me, unlike all the irrelevant ones like Australia, Senegal and Costa Rica that you get in the WCs.
>>
>Olympics
>2 footy tournaments
mite b cool
>>
Old euro was goat competition.
Now with all the team invited it will be as shity as copa america.
>>
Last year's Copa America was complete garbage and showed all the worst that football has to offer
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1366
>>65733498

Stadiums that's all bigger than buyern or any 2006 WC dome.

Stadiums that will all be sold out
>>
>>65733515

Irrevelant enough to beat ENGLELD

>>65733543

Don't worry , USA knows how to host an event
>>
>>65733523
I agree with you, it kind of lessens the achievement of nations like Iceland, Austria and Northern Ireland qualifying (even if they did win their groups) because of the new mickey mouse format.
>>
>>65733523
This, if done correctly the European championship is superior to the world cup
>>
what are the dates for both?

they wont over lap right?

w..what about the olympics
>>
You now realise that the semi-finals and final of the next Euros will be played at Wembley.
>>
>>65733544
>Jamaica vs. Venezuela, Haiti vs. Peru, Panama vs. Bolivia, Costa Rica vs. Paraguay

yeah there will be a lot of games at 20% capacity

>>65733569
>top 3 footballers in the world don't play in it
>>
>>65733592

If that Jamacia game is on the east coast , it will be a good showing. There's more Jamaicans here than on the island
>>
>>65733544
>projection
>>
>>65733574
Olympics are straight after Euros iirc
>>
Didn't they just have a copa America?
>>
>>65733835
> Olympic football
>>
>>65733847
yes. this is a meme edition to celebrate (read: cash-in) the 100th anniversay of the confederation
>>
>Corruption Cup vs Euros
>>
>>65733889
>Corruption Cup vs Corruption Cup
I see nothing wrong.
>>
40 nations will be involved in this two this summer. The likes of Haiti and Albania.
>>
Who do I rather watch, Messi, Suárez and Neymar or Rooney, Giroud and Torres? To be honest, even the Africa Cup is more exciting than the Euros

>>65733435
Mexico never won it
>>
>>65734260
>who do I rather watch, overrated players like messhit, bite-man and neinmar or the goat national teams of all time save bra7i1 (and holland ;_; ) ? To be honest, even the africa cup is less retarded than the ca.
>>
>>65733850
Yes, I still remember that you lost to Honduras there.
Anyways the Centenario is a meme cup.
>>
>>65733561
America host an event : lose
France host an event : win
>>
>>65733574
copa america, olympics, euros
>>
>>65733452

Apples and oranges, my fellow white friend. Also, I'm sure Bolivia would rather win a Copa América which they ALWAYS play instead of a World Cup which they will never ever reach. I don't think they're that deluded.
>>
>>65733452
>ask a paraguayan or a bolivian whether they prefer to win copa america or qualify for the next world cup. I'm certain they prefer to participate in the world cup.
'no'
>>
>>65733427

What are these things?
>>
>>65733427

The Euro Cup looks far better desu, much classier, the copa america looks like a really fucking ugly, tacky vase.
>>
>>65733452
The Euros are always better than the world cup. This has been true as long as I've been alive m8
>>
>>65733427
>Netherlands not even in it
Great tournament
>>
>>65726935
>>65726935

>>65726935
>>
>>65734260
European teams have won the last 3 world cups you dullard, South America is an irrelevant meme continent with irrelevant meme teams.
>>
>>65735593

This year might be a change though, with the field being expanded to 24 teams and having shitty group matches like Albania - Romania
>>
>>65735609
>having pride in a fucking continent

jesus christ how beta can you be
>>
>>65735659
Not at all, but this is an argument over which tournament is better and given that only one south american team has even won the World Cup since I was born over 20 years ago now. They clearly just aren't as good.
>>
>>65735691
South American teams are probably a little better on Average though

Also they have only a few less WCs with a LOT less countries.

Not saying CA is better than the Euros btw, just that South Americans are objectively better at soccer than Europe.
>>
Too many shit teams in Euros this year and all the best players from European teams play in Copa. Copa will be infinitely more fun.

No debate here.
>>
>>65735709

>South American teams are probably a little better on Average though

it's actually the other way around, look at world cup wins for example
>>
>>65735730
nigga South America has 9 and Europe has 11

Europe's population has like 340 million more people, and they have like ~35 more countries, which is more potential winners for each WC.

South America is objectively better no matter how you look at it. Also, Brazil and Argentina produced the GOAT players
>>
>>65735763
Why does Europe have more cups then?
>>
>>65735787

You realize there's only 10 countries in the whole Copa right?
>>
top quality = euros
top maymay generator = copa america

i'd rather have the latter
>>
Who cares about Copa America?
They play it every year.
>>
>>65735835

Now hold on just a second. There's players from Europes best teams in this super tournament
>>
>>65735763
nigga, SA has numerically 2 teams that compete for WCs, Europe has 5. and now don't drag up muh u r a gay wins from before hitler was born.
>>
>no cut inside man
>no cheeky dutch team to meme all the other teams
It's not the same
>>
Anyone know what channel the Copa America is being shown on in the UK?
>>
>>65733633
>THERE ARE MORE GERMANS HERE THAN IN GERMANY!1!!!

naw
>>
>>65739122
If it is like last year, Premier Sports
>>
>>65739122

Did the UK even buy it?
>>
>>65739167

Don't think I even get that on BT ffs
>>
>>65735763
>and they have like ~35 more countries, which is more potential winners for each WC

brazil is the 5th largest country in the world with the 5th highest population, argentina is also in the top ten by size

how on earth does it benefit Europe to have countries like Estonia and Norway?
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>65739209

Because of him
>>
>>65739194
I'm on Virgin and it would be an extra. Luckily they had a free month trial last year right at the time of the Copa. Hoping for something similar this year
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.