[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 416x416
What went wrong?
>>
nothing, he was an amazing player for nearly a decade
>>
>>65732573
>was
he isn't still? i thought he was still pretty good and /sp/ was doing the thing where they're contrarian about players they don't like
>>
>>65732573
>amazing
Hes never been anything close to amazing
He only won the balloon because Missi was injured for half the season
>>
>>65732583
he is and isn't depending on who you talk to

>>65732584
delusion, not worth responding to
>>
>>65732599
but he's right

dude will be forgotten, he's just good, not outstanding. basically the del piero of his generation
>>
He got too obsessed with personal glory, stats and being better than Messi (which was always an unrealistic target). He's been on a steady decline since about 2011
>>
His playstyle has changed but his position hasn't. From what little I've seen of him recently, he's not much more than a poacher. He should be playing a more central role, and leave the wing to a more classic style playmaker.
>>
>>65732605
no he won't, even if he was half the player he's been his global brand is so large the chances of that happening are null

as for him being "just good" I can't even tell whether you're baiting or you don't actually watch any sawker at all
>>
anyone saying he isn't a top 10 player ever has a giant black nigger dick in their mouth
>>
>>65732605
>dude will be forgotten
do people seriously believe this? i see posts like this all the time, but it's just so odd to think this

he was the second best player of an entire generation, and he reached heights of goalscoring that no one else but messi even touches

in his prime he was an unbelievably complete player too, one of the best from distance ever

imagine what his career would be like if messi didn't exist, he'd be the undisputed GOAT of this generation
>>
>>65732599
> 31 years old
> Still averages 1 goal per game
> being this stupid
>>
>>65732612
>He should be playing a more central role, and leave the wing to a more classic style playmaker.
The problem is he hates playing as the lone forward and has trouble finding space in that role. It's been tried by Portugal and Mourinho and he was never good there. He thrives when he can drift into the centre from the left and exploit space created by a real centre forward like Benzema
>>
>>65732625
>he was the second best player of an entire generation
no he wasn't
>>
nothing

Ronaldo is a good player, he is just unfortunate that Messi is there so people think he is average
>>
>>65732634
who was then?
>>
>>65732630
>I can't read
>>
>>65732609
This
>>
>>65732640
tagged wrong person
should be
>>65732605
>>
>>65732634
alright then, who has been better than him in the last 10 years other than messi?
>>
>>65732630
>stats without context

Stat padding against the likes of Espanyol and Malmo doesn't make you BPITW material
>>
>>65732646
lol this should be good
>>
>>65732639
>>65732646
you mean in terms of actually being useful and not just a tap in diva who trips over his own legs?

di maria
klose
higuain
benzema
villa
xavi
iniesta

these players might not fall over their own legs as much, but they accomplished way more for their teams than donaldo ever will
>>
Tbh, he has been playing better under Zidane and has scored some world class goals so far this season. Certainly much better than last season when he was all about poaching. Now he at least tried to fight for the ball and dribble past a player or 2 to score which he hasnt done much.
>>
>>65732646
>Who has been better
Well considering Ronaldo only just scrapes into into the top 10 right now, this isnt a very difficult question
>>
fuck off OP, you a fag

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>65732583
>only scores against shit teams
>1 league goal against a non-shit team (Bilbao)
>disappears against moderately good opposition (just watch the Madrid derby this weekend and see if he's even remotely involved - apart from diving whenever he gets the ball)
>5 of his 21 league goals are penalties
>missed the penalty yesterday that will ultimately cost Madrid the league

No matter how much he pads his meaningless stats, he will always be remembered as a petulant, diving choker.

As a side note inb4 hurr butthurt barca fan. I have always had a soft spot for Madrid and their history. TSUnaldo spits in the face of that with his childish and unsportsmanlike antics. HE is the main reason they have only won one (1) league title in the seven years he has been there.
>>
>>65732657
so it was bait the whole time
uh good job i guess? you had me going
>>65732661
>right now
no try reading friend, it's not as hard at it seems
here i will make the letters very large
IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, WHO HAS BEEN BETTER THAN RONALDO, OTHER THAN MESSI???
>>
File: donaldo.png (191 KB, 427x570) Image search: [Google]
donaldo.png
191 KB, 427x570
>>65732657
fucking lol
>>
He's not half the player the original Rolando is
>>
>>65732669
How long do you think a generation is exactly? Its not 5 years age difference if thats what you think
>>
>second best player
he is, but i will never get how people can compare him to Messi, people should compare him to the third best player in the last 10 years (we can all agree that this would be Zlatan right?)
>>
>>65732657
it's funny how you aren't even naming the real best players

Javier Hernandez
Pedro
Alexis Sanchez
Isco
James Rodriquez
Koke

and yes this is bait
>>
>>65732669
>so it was bait the whole time
>uh good job i guess? you had me going

i could go on m8

rooney
henry
deco
kaka
tevez

you said
>last 10 years
not
>started playing 10 years ago
you fucking faggot
>>
>>65732657
>di maria
lol
>klose
Maybe
>higuain
No
>benzema
No
>villa
Yes
>xavi
Yes
>iniesta
Yes
>>
>>65732693
those players aren't donaldos generation, that's why i didnt name them you stupid fag

may as well say neyman and suarez then because both are blowing donaldo the fuck out every day
>>
>>65732690
hey bud i don't really understand your post, but i think it's great that you're still keeping up this conversation with me despite your evident mental disability
i'm rooting for you!
>>65732696
like i said, why even bother with things like this? it's not like i'm going to engage you
>>
>>65732692
>Zlatan
>Third best player
>Never won a champions League
>Lost the goal scoring title to Lacazette and Gignac last year, scoring 19 goals in one season
> Only scored 30 goals once in his career, in the league 1
> Goals per game: just a little over 0,5

www.Bait.com
>>
File: 1452636929464.jpg (207 KB, 609x608) Image search: [Google]
1452636929464.jpg
207 KB, 609x608
How is the delusion regarding Donaldo tolerated on this board? Sure you may hate him but its Liverpool "this is our year" tier, comparing him to players that aren't even half of what he's been.
>>
>>65732709
figo was still playing in the last 10 years too
so was zidane

you saying donaldo is better than figo and zidane?
>>
File: large.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>65732696
>Rooney
>>
>>65732692
>the third best player in the last 10 years (we can all agree that this would be Zlatan right?)
>Zlatan
>3rd best player of the last 10 years
congratulations, you fell for the Ibra meme, backheel goals vs FC Tracteur and Champions League choking will come to you if you reply Thank You Based Ibra to this post
>>
>>65732718
> better then figo? Yes
> Zidane? No, same level
>>
This prooves yet again, that only retired football players get the respect they deserve
>>
>>65732717
Hes won almost nothing in his entire career

1 English league title
1 Spanish league title
2 Champions League titles in which he got hard carried in both of them, having literally no impact in those CL runs

Hes basically Anderson that has an entire team, club and fanbase devoted to padding his stats. He would be modern history's most over-rated player if Lewandoski didnt exist
>>
It's incredible how /sp/ underrates Donaldo on a historical level now that he has turned into a statpadding diva
>>
>>65732730
>donaldo
>better than figo
>as good as zidane

there is no hope for the retards on this board
>>
>>65732573

>missed penalty against barcelona and chelsea in his 2008 Champions league "win"
>terry.gif
>half a decade with nothing
>can't even win his own league, city rivals even win it
>lone champions league win in nearly 10 years was thanks to his defender scoring in the 90th minute
>last world cup goal against north korea in 2010
>faked injuries to not play with portugal because he does not care about his country since he was born in the atlantic island of madeira

tell me again how this statpadding piece of shit who scored 8 on espanyol was "amazing for nearly a decade"

i said this while watching him in 2009, he is nothing but a Hugo Sanchez compared to GOAts
>>
>>65732737
this

if he really is 2nd best player of his generation why the fuck hasn't he won shit?

remember his world cup performances top lel
>>
>>65732718
again, i thought my original post was pretty clear that i was asking about players who have been better than ronaldo over the last 10 years excluding messi
you've proceeded to respond to me with a fuckton of bait and xavi/iniesta
now you're trying to move the goalposts and go with "FATNALDO WAS STILL PLAYING IN 06 U R RONG" or something? weird
>>65732743
seriously, it's like him being a whiny bitch and obsessing about goals has somehow invalidated the seemingly undeniably great years he's had
you can sleep with your teammates wives and even kill people and /sp/ will still usually properly rate you, but statpadding is TOO FAR
>>
File: 1452696231699.jpg (250 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1452696231699.jpg
250 KB, 900x948
>>65732746
>i rate Zidane.
>>
>>65732749
he won 4 league titles, 2 CLs and 3 domestic cups.

that's more than Zidane and Fatnaldo on club level
>>
>>65732748
>statpadding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

this is statpadding you piece of american shit
>>
>>65732750
>been better than ronaldo over the last 10 years

okay, here are players who were better than donaldo in the last 10 years

suarez
aguero
james
neymar
klose
muller
reus
gotze
xavi
iniesta
pedro
alexis
ibra
robben
ribery
lewandowski

protip: last 10 years includes the last 4 years, where donaldo has not even been a top 10 player anymore :^)
>>
>>65732762
moor expat pls go back to poortgual
>>
ITT: people who only saw post 2012 Donaldo
>>
>>65732774
he said the last 10 years

>start decline when you should be at your peak

top tsu
>>
>>65732767
>protip last 10 years includes 6 years before that, where he has been a top 2 player every year.

not even going to argue about those players you put up there
>>
>>65732666
Don't forget he's been absolute dogshit for Portugal too
>>
>>65732767
>reus
>klose
>james
>pedro
do you enjoy making posts like these? like is it some sort of pseudo-sexual satisfaction you get or something? because if not i can honestly tell you i don't see the appeal at all
you're not "trolling" me, you're not actually engaging me, and you're sure as shit not posting anything with any actual value
so what is it? do you really dislike donaldo so much that you've decided to dedicate this much of your time to this sad little posting spree? i'm not much of a fan of le tiptoe man but this has got to be some of the worst """"""discourse""""" i've ever experienced
>>
>>65732783
>6 years before that, where he has been a top 2 player every year.

wrong

when he started out, the top spots were
>kaka
>dinho
>henry

when he was at his peak, he was #2, but this lasted two years AT MOST

face it, he has never been a real #2 player, he only got lucky that he filled the generational gap for a couple years
>>
>>65732737
He had no impact in either? alright I know this is likely bait but I'm putting and end to this somewhat common meme

in the 2013-14 Real Madrid CL campaign they came up against Dortmund in the QF. In the first leg Real won 3-0, Ronaldo scored 1 goal in this game. Ronaldo was out for the second leg at home and Real lost 2-0, they looked completely lost, had no direction, and this was when they were all calling for Bayols head. If not for that 3rd goal from penaldo in the first leg Madrid would have easily gone out to Dortmund in the QF, therefore not winning their 10th CL.

As for the 2008 UTD campaign, he scored a number of goals in the tournament as he had a great overall season.

As you will likely bring up and >>65732748 already has, he missed a penalty in the final. The entertaining thing about this is that everyone seems to forget he scored Utds only goal in that final, and they would not have even got to penalties without it.

Also, he had big impacts in numerous big games in the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons for Madrid, I really begin to wonder if anyone on/sp/ actually watches any games at all.
>>
>>65732794
now I see where it goes wrong in your head, kaka was the one only being good for 2 years, not ronaldo. it's all forgiven though
>>
>>65732800
and when kaka stopped being good, ronaldo was good but never #1 and only shortly #2.

basically in 10 years, donaldo has only been a #2 player for 2 years, maybe 3 if i'm being generous. from barcas first treble onwards, #2 player has been xavi or iniesta.
>>
>>65732729
underrated post
>>
>>65732799
no don't you see baggio is garbage because he missed a penalty once
same for terry, lampard, van basten, and shevchenko
>>
>>65732826
don't forget seedorf
>>
>Le fail for your team when it matters and have to rely on your opponent to fuck up man

The story of Cristinao Penaldo, everyone.
I truly feel sorry for any delusional fuck that thinks he is one of the greatest to play.

>2008 missed penalty, Man of the match: Van der Sar
>2009 nothing
>2010 nothing
>2011 nothing
>2012 league title (this is the year Cristiano was spoon-fed by Oezil and Di Maria for a record 32 assists, and Messi still scored 8 more goals than Donald just in the league alone)
>2013 copa del ray, Man of the Match: Bale
>2014 nothing, Man of the Match: Di Maria
>2015 nothing
>>
>>65732850
he won the league title in 2007, 2008 and 2009 which you failed to mention, he didn't win anything in 2013 and won CL/CdR in 2014

you don't even remember those seasons
>>
>>65732850
lol
>2008 42 goals, won league, won CL & scored in the final
>2009 19 goals (just league) to win league
>2010 came in to MADrid and scored like 33 in 34 in a losing team
2011 and 2012 are hazy but won the league in 2012 scoring a lot of goals as Madrids main man for offensive output
>2013 scored a hat trick to clinch qualification for the WC against an actual decent NT

fuck I'm not continuing but see how different shit can look depending on how you frame it
>>
>>65732919
>2013 scored a hat trick to clinch qualification for the WC against an actual decent NT

kek, other than Zlatan that Sweden team is League One tier. Portugal may not be anything special, but at least they have more than one top level player.
>>
>>65732979
I don't agree
>>
>>65732919

anything before 2009 is irrelevant, he failed to score his penalty when it mattered and scoring against eplel cannonfodder is just as bad as loliga, the true test is big games and in every big game he has failed.

i mean, i could be nice and give him the meme win over sweden as his "greatest moment" but then you realize he had to play in the playoff after failing to top a group with Luxembourg, Azerbaijan, Northern Ireland, and Israel
>>
>>65733028
lol
>>
Serious question:

If Real sell Ronaldo and they immediately start to win league titles afterwards, will it hurt his legacy?
>>
>>65733043
only in the short term, PSV, Barcelona and Real all started winning league titles after selling Ronaldo (while winning a combined 1 title with him) and no one cares now.
>>
>>65733043
They would improve drastically
All the Ronaldo dick-tasters in this thread haven't yet realised what poisonous playstyle he demands from his team mates whenever he is on your team.

Everything has to go through him, you could be 1v1 with the goalkeeper but you better be prepared to make that cross-field back pass to Ronaldo instead so he can have his chance at scoring.
>>
>>65732573
People here won't agree with you my friend, but they are wrong and you are right.
>>
>>65733028
HE LITERALLY CARRIED REAL MADRID IN 2012 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
where is gif of Ronaldo missing penalty?
>>
>>65733095
>Everything has to go through him, you could be 1v1 with the goalkeeper but you better be prepared to make that cross-field back pass to Ronaldo instead so he can have his chance at scoring.
Real's problem isn't about making crossfield passes to Ronaldo when 1v1, it's about not creating those 1v1 chances in the first place. Their only goalscoring opportunities yesterday were the offside goal (scored by Ronaldo) and the penalty (won by Ronaldo)
>>
>>65733104
there isnt one, ronaldo doesnt miss penalties
>>
>>65733095

the best part was in 2009 when Higuain was rivaling him, he tripped Higuain, robbed him of a goal, and the "future" was Ronaldo so Higuain was booted out after injuring his back.

In fact there's a huge list of players who could never shine because Ronaldo required so much play revolved around him. The fact is, he was never good enough for that gameplan, considering his team always fell short of titles when he was in the spotlight. Notice how he became irrelevant in 2014 and his teammates (Ramos, Marcelo, Bale) scored the first three goals of that Champions League with little input from Cristiano. Add to that the fact that he spends every waking moment comparing himself to Messi, has a surrogate child, and won't come out to the public as homosexual, and you've got yourself a truly pathetic individual.
>>
>>65732563
why is he always so oily?
>>
>>65733151
real madrid is owned by arabs after all
>>
Perez.
>>
>>65733146
holy shit I want to believe this is bait
>irrelevant in 2014
are you kidding me? did you only watch the CL final?

>inb4 someone accuses me of being a "ronaldo dickrider"
its like saying messi was irrelevant last year because suarez and neymar and he didn't score in the final
>>
>>65733172
>its like saying messi was irrelevant last year because suarez and neymar and he didn't score in the final
Messi played an important role in all 3 Barcelona goals in the final. Ronaldo was a bystander vs Atletico
>>
>>65733178
not being able to recognize the difference in play styles between messi and Ronaldo is dumb as fuck

Ronaldo doesn't contribute to the team the same way as messi, he spends less time on the ball but that doesn't mean he didn't do anything. Regardless that's not the point, the guy said he was irrelevant in 2014, which unless you are trolling or clinically retarded you must be fully aware is not true.
>>
>>65732729
Underrated
>>
How does it feel to be this obsessed about someone that doesn't even know you exist, having the time of his life playing the game he loves while being paid millions, fucking his 10/10 boyfriend while you sweaty manchilds argue and question his accomplishments on an anonymous fingerpainting subreddit
>>
>>65732871
>he won the CL in 2014
>by scoring a penalty when Madrid was up 3-1 in extra time

Let's be honest here. He's been quite shit and a statpadder for the last 3 years, 2012 was his peak. His international career has been a trainwreck as well.
>>
Anyone that says he was never good is 12 years old or started watching football 1 year ago
>>
>>65733302
>only players who score in the final of the CL get the trophy
shitty rule desu, whose idea was that one?
>>
Top ten since 1990
1. Messi
2. Maldini
3. Ronaldo
4. Zidane
5. Xavi
6. CR7
7. Ronaldinho
8. Henry
9. Buffon
10. Cafu

This is my subjective and relatively 2000s centric listing, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
>>
File: Chio_OK.png (8 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Chio_OK.png
8 KB, 100x100
>>65733459
good list.
>>
>>65733459
1. Messi
2. Ronaldinho
3. Ronaldo
4. Baggio
5. Zidane
6. Romario
7. Iniesta
8. Xavi
9. Del Piero (deal with it)
10. Ibra
>>
replying to avoid offending the victims of the hillsborough tragedy
>>
>>65734351
>ibra
>no donaldo
what a silly post
>>
This guy misses an awful lot of penalties for someone named Penaldo.
>>
>>65734539
He just misses the impprtant ones, he's a decent penalty taker
>>
>>65734697
>He just misses the impprtant ones
Well of course, it's the Ronaldo way.
>>
>>65732748
>last world cup goal against north korea in 2010
Dank meme
>>
>>65739322
oh, right. it was vs Ghana after his team had been knocked out by USA

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
desu the worst player to ever get 2+ ballons d'or
>>
>>65732646
Andres motherfucking Iniesta. He's literally the complete opposite of tsunaldo.

>steps up when needed
>scores when his team is in trouble
>unselfish
>dribbles better than tsunaldo

Ronaldo's entire career was based on stat padding after that one good season in manchester united.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who thinks he is one of the greatest players of all time.
>>
Sometimes the delusion on this board gets pretty bad when it comes to Ronaldo. He's literally nowhere near Messi when it comes to being as good, but he's still good and he's getting old, but his awful personality means he wants to keep trying to be as good as Messi even if it means his team suffers.

He wants to win Balon D'ors and how do you get the attention of football "experts" from the likes of Qatar and Micronesia? (Pretty sure like 25% of /sp/ football posters would be smarter than these people) You score more goals than the other guy.

Ronaldo has been consistently the second best player in the world from about 2009-2014 and he is an all time great and anyone denying that is a retard.
>>
>>65740632
This. He's just really unlucky to play in the same era as Messi (who's a one in a trillion anomaly). Just think about, if Messi never existed we'd be talking about the undisputed king of his era who broke every scoring record there is break. He'd also have 2 more CL titles (2009 and 2011) and a couple more La Ligas
>>
>>65734351
1.Messi
2. FAT RON
3. Ronaldinho
4. Iniesta
5. Baggio
6. BASED LAUDRUP
7. Xavi
8. Zidane
9. Kaka
10. Unironically Suarez (Carry Liverpool, Become the key to unlocking the GOATest trio of all time
>>
>>65740894
Oh fug. I forgot Donaldo. Slip him into 5th
>>
Mega neet autists on /sp/ homolust for him

Other than that nothing at all
>>
>>65732646
- Iniesta
- Xavi
- Buffon
- Lahm
>>
>>65740894
>>65740911
is this your top 10 of all time?
>>
ronaldo was always shit is the worst meme on /sp/
>>
>>65740442
Underrated post, underrated player
>>
he is 31. there are players who retired at that age
>>
>>65741004
like who?
>>
>statpadding

it this the worst argument ever?
>>
>>65741149
no, it's sometimes valid argument when someone claims "player x is better than player y because he scored more goals"
>>
>>65741193
But it's literally his job to score goals
>>
>>65741290
Not when people say "he's not even a striker but scores so much lmao". That implies he does more than just score
>>
>>65741355
I don't get the point you're trying to make
>>
He'll probably be the highest paid player in China in couple of years
>>
>>65740765
>He's just really unlucky to play in the same era as Messi

or perhaps Messi is just lucky to play in the same team as Xavi/Iniesta and Suarez/Neymar?
>>
>>65741355
Nobody says that
>>
>>65741379
>2007
>h-he's not that good, a-any youngster would look good with Ronaldinho and Eto'o
>2011
>h-he's not the best in the world, Xavi/Iniesta and Guardiola's system make him look better
>2015
>h-he's not the GOAT, it's just Neymar and Suarez, r-really
>>
Dennis Bergkamp is the most magical footballer of the past 20 years.
>>
>>65741470
>implying all of what you said isn't completely true.
Messi is a guy in the right place at the right time, if he never went to Barcelona he would be Di Maria/Pedro tier.
Messi is the biggest opportunist to play the sport.
>>
>>65740442
Iniesta is a great payer. And so is Messi and the handful of other players ho managed to win 2 Euros and a World Cup.

The thing is Ronaldo scored in 6 consecutive games against that specific team (and won the league with Real during that time also) but even back then /sp/ decreeted that he was just statpadding and that he actually was carried by Di Literallywho.
>>
>>65741518
except that he was better than Ronaldinho and Eto'o in 2007, better than Xavi and Iniesta in 2011 and is better than Neymar and Suarez now
>>
>>65741518
>it's not the common denominator guys, it's everything else!
>>
>>65732563
his insecurities got the better of him
>>
>>65741579
>implying this isn't completely true also
>>
I liked him more when he was playing as a pure winger in MU, he looked like more skilled, he did more feints and such.

Now is all about headers, tap-ins and penalties.

A great player nonetheless, but a boring one to watch.
>>
Messi is once-in-a-generation type player, Ronaldo is a marvel of marketing and public relations. That doesn't mean I discredit his accomplishments - his will to be the best is perhaps his most admirable trait. He just failed in his thinking that he would go to Spain and have this one on one with Messi, he's just not at his level (as far as having a footballing brain,) a level below most likely. The annoying part is that having realized this, he's now content with being a glorified poacher. He should of stayed in England.
>>
>>65733459
Based
>>
>>65732666
>having a soft spot for real Madrid's history

Fascist scum.
>>
>>65741665
ronaldo is more than marketing and pr, he used to be an absolute beast, he still kind of is and wins many points for his team even if he is righfully called a statpadder today

problem is that messi is a freak, i agree with the second part of your post, the worst thing to happen to ronaldo was comparing him with messi when it was clear they don't have the same ceiling
>>
>>65741483

He wasnt graceful at all
>>
>>65740973
since 1990
>>
>>65732646
Luis Suarez, right now, is playing better than Penaldo has ever played in his life.
>>
>>65733274
>fucking his 10/10 boyfriend
spat out my drink
subtle
>>
>>65732826
Messi missed that penalty against Chelsea so I guess he's a shit player too
>>
>>65733459
>>65734351
>No Shevchenko
>Ibra barely there
>Lel Piero
>>
>>65742807
>Ibra barely there
>implying he should be anywhere near the top 10
lmaoing at your life
>>
>>65742835
>Consistent
>Physical
>Has footballing intelligence
>Can score from any situation
Unlucky to not have won a CL, just hasn't been at the right place at the right time. Maradona never won the CL either. Ibra is at least better than Sheva, Henry, Eto'o and Suarez

I guess anglos hate him because he never played in the EPLel
>>
>>65742455
>better than Penaldo has ever played in his life.
Kill yourself
>>
>>65742903
It's true. Suarez is scoring at a 1 goal per game clip all while displaying magical creative ability game in, game out. That's something Penaldo has never done.
>>
>>65732767
>nerman
>>
>>65742879
>Can score from any situation
Except in the CL knockouts lmao

>Ibra is at least better than Sheva, Henry, Eto'o and Suarez
I literally can not contain my laughter right now. And I don't mean literally in the way it's used around here, I mean I'm actually laughing out loud in the middle of the night and I'm going to wake up my neighbours because of your retarded opinions.

He's not even a top 10 STRIKER of the last 25 years

>I guess anglos hate him because he never played in the EPLel
Messi never played in the Premier League and he's the GOAT. Although even he couldn't make Ibra stop choking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eCtEur2-x0
>>
>>65742916
So you're telling me a player who at one point in his life was considered no.1 and for most of his career considered only second to messi has never "displayed magical creative ability"?
>>
>>65732563
nothing, he has had a great career and his post-prime form is still very good.

I sincerely hope he goes to a different club and does something amazing, even when I'm a Messifag
>>
>>65742879
>Unlucky to not have won a CL
unlucky my ass. you're unlucky if you get a close a few times but get refballed/injured. you're unlucky if you spend your career toiling on teams that don't make the CL or are group stage fodder. He played for Ajax/Juventus/Inter/Barcelona/Milan and PSG and he never even got close to that trophy. He played on one of the best teams of all time at Barcelona and he managed to stop them from winning the CL in his only year there (while the team that offloaded his cancer actually won it).

Pep falling for the Ibra meme prevented a CL three peat for Barcelona. Just think about that
>>
>>65742934
To open up oppurtunities for himself, yeah. Not nearly as often and selfless as Suarez.
>>
>>65742955
dubs of truth.
hate is onpitch antics tho and the incessant madrid/mendes/perez propaganda that every other media eats up, but hes a top 15 offensive player of all time
>>
>>65742879
>Has footballing intelligence
ayy
>>
>>65742879
Dude, go easy on that bait.
>>
>>65742921
Right now, at the ripe age of 34, he's the best striker in the world after Suarez. Any other player would have fucked off to MLS a year ago.
>>
>>65743038
>he's the best striker in the world after Suarez
he's not even close to being close to Suarez

>Any other player would have fucked off to MLS a year ago.
Ligue 1 is literally MLS tier outside of PSG, so it's even easier for him. When you fuck off to MLS you play on a shit team against shit teams, he plays on a stacked team vs shit teams.
>>
>>65743038
>Ligue "1"
Into the trash, there has never been a bigger joke of a league than what we're seeing there right now
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 231x218
>>65743038
>he's the best striker in the world after Suarez
What about Lewandowski?
>>
>>65743064
>he's not even close to being close to Suarez
Yeah, that's why he's the second best
>Ligue 1 is shit
Yup. And Ibra was at his best playing in Italy, a league where strikers have a notoriously difficult time. During this time he also had a great game vs. Arsenal, beating them 4-0 and getting relegated by Barca 3-1 on aggregate. Two of Barcas goals were penalties.
>>
>>65743150
He's a solid third. He's a great striker but lacks Ibras vision and creativity
>>
>>65743159
>a league where strikers have a notoriously difficult time
a league where a 40 year old Di Natale and Shitvani won the top scorer titles in recent memory (both scoring more goals than Ibra ever did in Italy). Wow, truly the hardest league for a striker.

>During this time he also had a great game vs. Arsenal, beating them 4-0
congrats, he had a good game vs our designated ro16 chokers. An achievement worthy of a top 10 player of a last 25 years.

>and getting relegated by Barca 3-1 on aggregate. Two of Barcas goals were penalties.
Why are you talking about this like this was some kind of an achievement on his part?
>>
>>65743247
Di Natale and Cavani are good players though, maybe you should watch some games outside the Premier League. Not to mention that Cavani won top scorer after Ibra left.

I brought up the Barca game because Ibra critics are very eager to critcize him for things that should be blamed on his whole team rather than him personally, not winning the CL for example. And here's an example of a good team effort, almost knocking the best team in the world out of the CL, suddenly it's unimportant?
>>
>>65743326
>lose 3-1
>almost knocked out
>claiming losing 3-1 is an achievement for a supposed top 10 player of the last 25 years
also I've got one stat for you and I really want to see what are you going to come up with to defend it.

>Ibrahimovic has played 39 CL knockouts games, scoring 8 times (2 penalties) in them.
Top 10 player of the last 25 years ladies and gentlemen. But obviously it's always the fault of the team that their main striker and supposed top 10 player of the last 25 years scores 1 goal every 5 appearances in the knockouts.

Also the most impressive PSG CL knockout game came when they were down to 10 men after their "leader" got sent off. Looks like this team is actually not that bad.
>>
>>65743326
Just stop and think about what you're saying. You're claiming that guy is a top 10 player since 1990 and you show losing 3-1 in the CL quarter finals as an achievement.

We've seen amazing players in that time like Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Cristiano, Zidane, Baggio, Totti, Figo, Maldini, van Basten, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Henry, Cafu, Romario, Thuram, Buffon, Kahn, Baresi, Del Piero, Matthaus, Kaka, Nesta, Cannavaro, Pirlo and many many more

Look at this list, think about everything those players achieved. And then think about how retarded you're being when you put "he lost 3-1 in the CL QF" next to those achievements
>>
>>65743453
Many of those games were as a youngster in Ajax and Juve, not to mention he came off the bench a lot in his second season in Turin. At Inter he never blew people away in the knockout stages either, but the team was eliminated very early in two of his three seasons there. At Barca, Milan and PSG he has been solid against good opposition. There's your answer Nigel.

Not to mention that he's been scoring like a machine in the group stages, but I guess that's irrelevant. Oh, and his league titles and all those top scorer awards are irrelevant too. Yeah, let's judge his entire career on a fistful of games were, for the most part, he played in the team that was tactically outmaneuvred (knockout stages with Juve and Inter)
>>
>>65743530
How many of those players have 12 league titles and were instrumental in all but one of them? Listing players like Kaka who were shining stars for three seasons or less is a insult, unless you can stay consistent you have nothing to do on a top 10 list.
>>
>>65743946
>he's been scoring like a machine in the group stages, but I guess that's irrelevant

Correctamundo, Sven

> Goals against Malmo etc
> Relevant

Pick one lad
>>
>>65743530
Also, you talk about achievements but none of the players on your list have as many league titles as Ibra. Which leaves the CL and the world cup, do you expect Zlatan to carry Sweden to a world cup?
>Totti
wew lotta achievements there, I'd at least expect you to pick examples that live up to the standards you made up yourself

>>65744109
The only statpadding I can think of when it comes to Zlatan is that game against Anderlecht where he scored all four goals, which is impressive and nothing to sneer at. There are literally no other examples of Ibra statpadding in the group stage.
>>
>>65743946
>Many of those games were as a youngster in Ajax and Juve
kek, I actually didn't count his Ajax days. make that 8 goals in 41 games. all of those 41 games were starts, he didn't come off the bench once.

>At Inter he never blew people away in the knockout stages either, but the team was eliminated very early in two of his three seasons there
>blew people away
At Inter, he got knocked out in ro16 three times in a row, failing to score. The moment he left the team went on to win the trophy.

>At Barca, Milan and PSG he has been solid against good opposition
>solid
being "solid" is now what makes you a top 10 player of the last 25 years. are you fucking kidding me? also scoring 8 goals in 41 games is not "solid" unless you're a defender or a defensive midfielder, not a striker who's supposedly a top 10 player of the last 25 years.

>Not to mention that he's been scoring like a machine in the group stages, but I guess that's irrelevant.
it literally is irrelevant. no one remembers or cares what Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Henry, Zidane did in the group stages. group stages is something you just get over it before you get to start the real competition.

>>65744001
first of all, he doesn't have 12 league titles, his Juve titles got revoked for cheating scandals. second of all
>ligue 1/eredivisie titles
>relevant
pick one
>>
>won some league titles in shit tier eredivise/ligue 1
>scored a lot of group stage goals in the CL
>scored 8 goals in 41 games in the knockouts
>was "solid" vs big opposition
top 10 player of the last 25 years ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>65744286
The moment he left coincided with the moment Mourinho managed to transform that brittle Mancini squad into a fucking machine. And you're an idiot if you believe that Mourinho didn't want him to stay; Ibra wanted to leave and the money was unbelievable good.

And like I said, at Juve and Ajax he was inexperienced and at Inter he played for Mancini. Yeah, the same Mancini who destroyed the Man City CL ambitions, he was just making a repeat of his Inter days.

>Group stages are irrelevant
Doing good there is literally a requirement for playing in the knockout stages

>Solid=Shit
Messi is the only player you'd expect to score a goal every game in the knockout stages of the CL.

And even if we remove his three league titles at PSG, his two titles at Ajax and his two titles with Juve, he still has six. Six league titles is still fucking impressive. But I'm getting really tired of you moving the goalposts.
>>
>Won some league titles with the best team the world has ever seen around you
>Score a few goals in the World Cup group stage
>Don't score in the World Cup knockouts
>Was "solid" overall in the World Cup
>People call Messi the GOAT
Wow look I can do it too
>>
>>65744461
>Mourinho managed to transform that brittle Mancini squad into a fucking machine
Parking the bus isn't a fucking machine. He fluked his way through the CL.

Look at Chelsea this season. Mou is a joke.
>>
>>65744461
do you have any idea what are you even arguing for? can you honestly say that being "solid" in big games is something that we'd say about a top 10 player of the last 25 years? do you really believe that "oh, he did well in the group stages" is a hallmark of a real GOAT?

you can't even count, in relevant leagues he has 3 titles with Inter, 1 with Barcelona and 1 with Milan. That's 5. And if that qualifies him for being a top 10 player then I guess Ryan Giggs is the undisputed GOAT because he has 13 and Paul Scholes follows him the 2nd spot.

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Cristiano, Maldini, van Basten, Zidane, Figo, Henry

here are 10 players off the top of my head. please tell me what has Zlatan done in his career that would put him above any of those players? all of them have multiple league titles, but they also have CLs, World Cups and hundreds of legendary performances in big games. Show me a big game performance from Ibrahimovic that will be remembered for years to come like Messi's 4 goals vs Arsenal, Ronaldo's hat trick at Old Trafford, Zidane's 02 CL final, Iniesta's World Cup winner, van Basten's Euro final etc etc. Truth is, he doesn't have a single one, he doesn't have a single truly legendary moment. He's can't even dream of being mentioned in the same tier with those players.
>>
>>65744622
You shouldn't talk about the team if you didn't watch them play, Canada.
>>
File: z-god.png (843 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
z-god.png
843 KB, 640x1136
>>65744649
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnfwgreioNw&ab_channel=GabrielCrona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nc2HxLeM74&ab_channel=EmilRosing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkHq9GlaKPA&ab_channel=bilmatic32

In all seriousness though, if you're saying Ibra doesn't deliver in big games you're objectively wrong. One thing that has been apparent to me from the start of this debate, Nigel, is that you do not watch the Italian league. Now, I don't hold it against you, but it obviously makes you less qualified to judge a player that has made his most lasting mark in that very competition. In fact, putting Henry, undeniably an incredible player, above Zlatan is a great example of this. Brits have a really annoying habit of overplaying achievements made on English soil.

Likewise, Nigel, I know that I myself am inherently biased in this discussion. But I have watched most of the mans games ever since he left Ajax. I have watched his every game in the NT. So let me tell you, it isn't the fact that Zlatan has won "5" league titles that makes him a top 10 player of the last 25 years. It's the manner in which these "5" titles were won. Zlatan has been utterly dominant in domestical competitions ever since that fateful 05/06 season where he decided to stop being a lanky dribbler, put on 20kg of muscles and started scoring goals like a machine. He was feared by every team in Italy just like he is feared by every team in France right now. And why is he feared? An old adage when discussing the hallmarks of a truly great offensive player is their ability to create something out of nothing. Zlatan embodies this quality on a level only Lionel Messi can match.
>>
>>65744649
Also, Nigel, I wouldn't dream of putting Zlatan in the top 5 of a top 10 list. But he deserves that ninth or tenth spot.
>>
>>65732646
Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets

Not a barça fan but those three -are- football.
>>
>>65732563
>what went wrong
he enjoyed took a dick to the ass
>>
>>65744821
>>65744807
One more thing Nigel, for a player of his physical stature to be playing at this level the year he's turning 35 is nothing short of jaw-dropping and another testament to his mental ability, being able to adapt his game to suit his older body
>>
>>65744807
>ask for legendary performances
>give examples from CL knockouts, the World Cup, Euro finals etc
>get a friendly game vs England, a game vs Serie A minnows after Inter had secured the title and a group stage game
Are you seriously going to put a friendly game vs England on par with shit like Ronaldo/Zidane scoring twice in the World Cup final? Or Messi tearing the best GK in the world a new one in the CL semi? or van Basten's Euro winning volley?
>>
Age caught up to hime
>>
>>65744868
It's kind of hard to have goals in the WC finals as a Swede, which is why I put an amazing goal in the Euro group stage game there, a goal that allowed Sweden to progress in Italy's place. Comparing Zlatan to Messi is just stupid and irrelevant.

Henry doesn't have any particular legendary moments apart from being the best player in an amazing Arsenal side. But like I said, you rate that domestic accomplishment higher than Zlatans. Zlatan is a footballing god in Italy m8

And yes this is turning into a comparison between Henry and Ibra because they are competing over that last place in the top10.
>>
Overall you're very dismissive towards the italian league. Wonder why, since Italian teams have been outperforming their English counterparts in european competitions over the last five years. You do know that the EPL is in danger of losing it's fourth CL spot to Italy, right?
>>
>>65744965
I didn't say WC final, you're just twisting my words and making it sound like I asked something impossible because you have nothing. I said CL knockouts, WC knockouts, Euro knockouts, a title decider vs a top team late in the season, a cup final. anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6OuYKSkIWU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLFvNO5CHxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMdpjFn9sI

now fuck off, those 3 links have more big game goals than Ibrahimovic's entire career

>>65745017
keep projecting
>>
>>65744965
>And yes this is turning into a comparison between Henry and Ibra because they are competing over that last place in the top10.
You also seem to wrongly assume that what I posted was my top 10 list. No, ot was just a list of 10 people off the top of my head who are better than Ibra. Henry wouldn't make my top 10
>>
File: SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>65745047
>WC knockouts
Literally impossible with the Swedish NT
>Euro knockouts
Literally impossible with the Swedish NT
>title decider vs a top team late in the season
Ibra has been so dominant in his league play, it never comes to that. Does he score vs. top opponents in the Serie A? Yeah.
>Cup final
You really think I'm gonna link fucking coppa italia games? Who the fuck cares about that? It's an irrelevant competition unlike the English cups that actually have some prestige to them

>El Clasico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImORMiMweI&ab_channel=ashran22
>>
>>65745115
>discussion about top10 players
>10 players are posted
>"no this isn't even my top10"
ok
>>
>>65745129
you left out CL knockouts off your list, why? is it not possible to score there with Juventus/Inter/Barcelona/Milan/PSG?

>Does he score vs. top opponents in the Serie A? Yeah.
bullshit, he spent 5 years at Milan/Inter and scored 6 goals vs Milan/Inter/Juventus. Truly a big game god.

>>65745153
they are still all much better than Ibrahimovic which prevents him from making the top 10
>>
>>65745153
If you want to here's my actual list. no order since it'd take me hours of thinking and watching old games.

Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, van Basten, Maldini, Xavi, Baresi, Zidane, Iniesta, Cristiano

which one of them is not as good as Ibrahimovic?
>>
>you now remember how GOAT he was at United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIuc9nx62s

He joined Real Madrid and became second fiddle in La Messi Liga, that's what went wrong.
>>
>>65745337
He's better at Madrid, stop memeing
>>
>>65745337
True Tbh. He could have stayed and been eplel babby forever. Chasing Messi around was the biggest mistake in his career.
>>
>>65745378

he's undoubtedly better at madrid but he was never even close to what Messi was

I think going to La Liga was a logical career move but he should have moved on when it became very clear that Real Madrid couldn't touch Barcelona and therefore he would always be 2nd best

that's his legacy now. 2nd best.
>>
File: messi.jpg (183 KB, 594x384) Image search: [Google]
messi.jpg
183 KB, 594x384
>>65732563
Messi
>>
>>65745264
That was a good discussion Alfred
>>
>>65732700
barca fag detected
>>
>>65742455
Suarez is so underrated desu, I'd say he's the best in the world at the moment.
>>
>>65745120

Underrated post
>>
>only scores against shit teams
>needs massive amounts of penalties to boost stats
>never passes
>celebrates every goal he scores like he just won the World Cup
>never celebrates teammate's goals
>never does shit for his country

At least he doesn't dive as much anymore
>>
>>65746574
He still dives as much as malaysian airplanes. He just cut down on the ridiculous acting he always did with them.
>>
The player that has the best highlights will probably be the one who is most remembered.
>>
>>65732563
faggit
>>
>>65745233
>>65745264
Well, that shut him. Good job Nigel.

Also I didn't put van Basten in my top 10 of last 25 years because he was on the top for such a short period.
Also I wouldn't say that Baresi is on par with the rest of the names you mentioned. He is a legend, and great, but not quite on that level, not in the 90's.
IMO Buffon and Henry deserve a place.
>>
Where do yer Scholes, yer Bergkamps. yer Trezugets rank in the GOAT players of the last 25 years?
>>
>>65747340
If you'd ask me, Bergkamp would be in the top 25 for sure. I never really cared for Trezeguet, he was a great striker, so maybe in top 40 for me. Scholes is probably top 20, he is pretty underrated, except by the people who rate him, who gruesomely overrate him.
>>
>>65732563
aging and physical style of play are worst enemies, while more technical player can last longer (like Zinedine "I rate" Zidane for example)
>>
>>657325840
>Hes never been anything close to amazing

The b8 is unreal.

He has gone crazy with his arrogance but when he was at United and his early years at Real, he was arguably as good as Messi. It's not a competition now, Ronaldo has declined faster than Messi but in a year or so, Messi will be a shadow of what he is now too.
>>
File: 1337256127847.jpg (36 KB, 435x431) Image search: [Google]
1337256127847.jpg
36 KB, 435x431
>>65732573
He still is, it's real madrid's management that's letting him down
>>
>>65732563
Well Messi's parents did a good job in 1987, that's where everything went wrong for Donaldo
>>
File: Are You Funnin Me.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Are You Funnin Me.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1080
>>65732605
>Del Piero of his generation.
Are you funnin' me, son?
>>
>>65732563
focused to much on his hair then on the game. :l
-hala madrid!
>>
>>65747590
>as good as Messi from 2008 until 2011

Download Messi games from that years m8
>>
>>65747647
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>65732666
God damn this is some full blown retardation. Waste of trips.
>>
>>65744622
>>Mourinho managed to transform that brittle Mancini squad into a fucking machine
>Parking the bus isn't a fucking machine. He fluked his way through the CL.

The state of Canadian football knowledge
>>
>>65732623
let's see, Barcelona alone has 5:

Messi
Iniesta
Rakitic
Busquets
Suarez

then it's:
Lewandowski
Aguero
Zlatan

he's barely current top 10 m8
>>
He was never any good, just a media puppet with good marketing. He's basically the darker version of Beckham but with good poaching ability. The pistolero stance really sealed his image.
>>
if you look at video tape, messi's worse defeat in history is still better football than a ronaldo 5 goal game against literally who. This is not messi fanboy-ism, because I dont give a fuck about a team or man across the world, but it's objective truth.
>>
>>65742956
I'm so sick of britbongs, you know literally shit about football, consistently overrating your players, your league and your teams. You're left behind mate, blinded by "muh sponsormoney", it's expensive so it must be good.

It wasn't Pep's decision to buy Ibra, it was the president who needed to top Real Madrid's recent buy of Penaldo. And to blame Barca's exit on Ibra alone is based solely on meme.

The defense was absolutely shit versus Inter whilst Inter played their best game ever. Valdes was appalling, the rest of Barca were struggling, Ibra as well. But to pin it all on Ibra, who played 63 minutes in the second game is cheap.
>>
>>65749281

spend 10 minutes watching this Sven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baBFFKAkbYk
>>
>>65748603
>rakitic

Are you serious? I never considered Rakitic GOAT. He is great, but replaceable. Hell, Pogba in a few years will be better than Rakitic. Kroos is better than Raki, Vidal is better too. Rakitic isn't that great.
Also CR7 is better than Zlatan in the past year.
>>
>>65749281
And you Oscar, Zlatan isn't that good. And he wasn't that good. He is top 10 striker in the past 25 years, but not top 25 player.
And Cristiano is far better than him. So was Henry. Henry was absolutely outstanding in the unironic toughest league in the world. He was also great in big games, despite the memeing.
>>
>>65749281
>post doesn't mention the Premier League, any Premier League clubs or any Premier League players
>still manage to sperg out and make it about the Premier League
why are some people so obsessed with this league? I don't think I'll ever understand it

>But to pin it all on Ibra, who played 63 minutes in the second game is cheap.
If I can't blame it on the worst players on the pitch who literally covered less ground than his goalkeeper then who can I blame it for? Barcelona were effectively playing with 10 men vs the best defence in the world because of him. How often were Messi/Ronaldo/CR7/Ronaldinho/Zidane etc subbed off 60 minutes into the biggest game of the season because they were so shit they were hurting the team?
>>
>>65749346
>A player plays like shit when his manager has literally zero confidence in him and actively pushes him to the margins
>what a fucking surprise

>>65749403
Never said he was top player, the game is too complex for your shit lists of 'muh best player VS your best player'. But to marginalise Ibra as a meme pisses me off, especially coming from brits, who have what, Owen and Rooney. Hahaha
>>
>>65749468
How often have said players been hated by their coach?

Also their defense in the first game in Milano was absolute shit.
>>
>>65749356
never said he's a GOAT, there's only one GOAT and that would be Messi

still an amazing player - managing to fit right into Xavi's place in the squad while adding a little extra on top is a great fucking achievement

he was also instrumental in the treble winning season, which makes him a higher ranked player than Penaldo in my book
>>
>>65732563
Hes peaked and is declining, nothing else to say.

If youve actually watched Madrids games since hes started playing there he's been there you would know hes their best player. Look at Barcelona's team from 08-13. Ronaldo's had the misfortune of playing against one of the best football sides ever. Messi, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta... Who has Madrid had in the past years on the level of these players?
>>
>>65749503
>manager has literally zero confidence in him

manager who had specifically requested to get him in one of the most expensive transfers in history, only to be let down by Zlatan's complete insubordination
>>
>>65749535
>How often have said players been hated by their coach?
he wasn't subbed off because Guardiola hated him, he was subbed off because he was literally the worst player on the pitch (in both legs).

also
>have no confidence in the player
>request his transfer for club record sum
>still start him in 2 biggest games of the year despite him being underwhelming the entire season
something's not right here
>>
>>65742879
'arry here is making a good job defending himself so i'm just reading, but tbqh I would pick Sheva, Henry, Eto'o and Suarez over Ibra any day.

you are right though in that the greatness of a player should be measured on what he's won, not on what he hasn't won, it's a mistake we all make, even pundits. specially pundits

short list of stuff not won by goats:

Maradona: never won a cl
Pele: Never won a cl
Di Stefano: never won a wc
Cruyff: never won a wc

arguably the pantheon of the 4 goats, two others that come to mind
Fatnaldo: never won a cl
Messi: hasn't won a wc
>>
>>65749676
>you are right though in that the greatness of a player should be measured on what he's won, not on what he hasn't won, it's a mistake we all make, even pundits. specially pundits
I never made an argument that he's not great because he didn't win the CL. I made an argument that he has been comically useless in the CL knockouts.

Fat Ronaldo never won the CL, but he came damn close and had like one or two real chances and managed to give some fantastic performances there. Messi never won the WC, but he came damn close and had some great and crucial performances.

Ibrahimovic came close once (with the GOAT Barcelona team) and managed to be the worst player on the pitch in both semi final legs.

He's a borderline top 10 striker of the last 25 years. Far away from players like Suarez, Eto'o, Shevchenko and even further from players like Messi, Ronaldo and Zidane
>>
>>65748441
As if he isn't right about everything
>>
>>65749738
i understand what you are saying and was actually agreeing with you, Ibra has never been decisive in cl knockout games

his problem is that he is too lazy, he plays at benzemas speed so unless the whole team revolves around him he underperforms, if he had the work rate of suarez or higuain he would have been a real world beater
>>
>>65732635
>people think he is average
What?
Do you mean fedoras on /sp/ think Ronaldo is average?
>>
>>65749543
A GOAT would refer to there being multiple GOATs though. Messi is undoubtedly the GOAT, I thought you were talking about GOATs because I don't see how Penaldo, despite his shortcoming, is one of the best players in the last 25 years.

>>65749503
Well, yeah, England hasn't had a GOAT in I don't know how long. But Finland had Litmanen who, when not injured, was better than any Swede has ever been.
But you are right, it's foolish to talk 'muh fav VS yuh fav'. Still, didn't you talk about Zlatan deserving a spot in top 10 of last 25 years? I don't see how he is deserving of that.
>>
>>65732563

he went to Madrid
>>
Nothing, he's the best ever followed by Figo, Deco, Maradona and Nani
>>
>>65750515
>forgetting Rui Costa, Eusebio, Quaresma, Carvalho and Moutinho
Fucking pleb

Top 10 is
1. CR7
2. Figo
3. Deco
4. Maradona
5. Eusebio
6. Moutinho
7. Carvalho
8. Quaresma
9. Rui Costa
10. Nani
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.