[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Vardy/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
File: 1454768279686.jpg (137 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1454768279686.jpg
137 KB, 1024x640
Give me one solid reason why this man should not be a starting striker for England at the Euros.
Seriously, is there one?

If you play him out on the left wing, he's not going to be at his best goalscoring wise or pressing; his two main assets. Vardy is the only England player willing to graft and Roy should utilise it at a period where we honestly have a realistic chance at these Euros. We're not going to do it playing rediculous United / Spurs possession football.

Vardy Should be partnering Kane in an edgy 4-4-2, it's the only way we can utilise all our strengths and put Rooney to the bench where he belongs. It's not going to happen, but Vardy should be leading the line if we're to have any hope of progressing anywhere near where we can.
>>
oh my god who gives a fuck
>>
I'll post my favourite Vardy moments to enlighten the 2015/2016 BPL Vardy babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Xw3WE-sf4
00:29

1/?
>>
4-4-2 with Vardy and Kane up top desu senpai
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgMQr9J5QfU

2/?

Vardy instant crunch tackle at the Euros to set the tone perhaps Roy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqc6PbeEGU4

3/?

United killing and last season's joys.
>>
rooney can even be accomodated in a 4-4-2, second striker was his best position all along. he might do well playing just behind vardy, no idea why he's always been played as the front man for england tbhfam
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36s3alZ478

All his goals this season, except Arse away.

4?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InLwaUMycn4

Some of his Fleetwood goals including the 45 yarder.
>>
Shit finisher
>>
Vardy and kane together will never happen, Rooney is our captain and thus undroppable
>>
>>65704438
Rooney shouldn't even be in the squad tbqh
>>
>>65704416
Has the best shots to goals ratio out of all the strikers, and scores his chances 9/11 times.
>>
File: rppney cuppa.png (35 KB, 495x268) Image search: [Google]
rppney cuppa.png
35 KB, 495x268
>>65704082
>Give me one solid reason why this man should not be a starting striker for England at the Euros.
b/c woy is going to stick rppney up top and your going to like it
>>
If Sturridge ends the season with a run of form then he has to go to the Euro's along with Kane who already has his seat on the plane reserved.

As for Rooney, he is captain which means he is going to the Euro's and will play every minute.

So that means Kane, Rooney and possibly Sturridge will be ahead of Vardy in the pecking order so he is going to be warming the bench.
>>
>>65704526
Sturridge will be injured by Monday m8
>>
>>65704526
And with Welbeck back theres a chanve Vardy might not even make it.

If Vardy FAILS to make the squad, something is seriously not right to be undervaluing a man of Vardy's class. He would get in to just about every countries squad for the Euros, just imagine if we take Danny Wellbeck over Vardy.
>>
>implying this won't be our lineup for the Euro's

Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Baines
Henderson Wilshere
Lallana Rooney Welbeck
Kane
>>
Kane and a fit Sturridge should be our 2 strikers desu, Kane is does everything well and Sturridge is the most clinical striker we have shame he's made of glass though. Should take vardy and leave rooney behind, sterling and wallcot can fill in as strikers if we need be.
>>65704569
I forgot about that cunt, he's so much worse than vardy, all he can do is score against shit teams from our qualifying group and everyone licks his arse
>>
>>65704576
pls no
>>
>>65704480
>Australians
>>
>>65704298
he should bring back the mohawk
>>
>>65704576
Wouldn't get promoted from the Championship.
>>
>>65704612
He works hard to be fair and he has a lot of talent. He just can't score. I'd prefer him in the hard-working-winger role than Milner.
>>
File: 1337416920_large.jpg (79 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1337416920_large.jpg
79 KB, 480x320
>>65704645
u wot m8
>>
>>65704494
More like 1\5
>>
File: england.png (196 KB, 348x474) Image search: [Google]
england.png
196 KB, 348x474
>>65704651
We have so much better wingers, also Milner will give you at least 7/10 performance every game and frustrate the opposition, Welbeck may give you 9/10 but he could easily give you a 4/10
This is the team we should take but we will never ever leave behind rooney, I hope his injury gets worse and he stays behind
>>
>all these britbongs hating on their all time best player

Gee wizz does your shitty poisonous media really have that much of a negative effect on you guys? Or is it just culturally ingrained into you to demean things as opposed to supporting them?
>>
This is the euro of Vardy and Aduriz
>>
One of the defining characteristics of Vardy's play is his positioning.

Not many pundits or reporterss mention it thoroughly because they've only been watching Leicester this season. But if you collect the offside data from all the premier league players, for a striker, Vardy is rarely caught offside. And considering he plays right on the shoulders of the last man, thats an incredible stat to have.

Combine that with the fact he wins the most tackles of any striker, has the most touches in the opposition box (even though Leicester have the least amount of possession in the league,) creates the most chances as a striker, and of course scores. How can you not play him.

To Leicester, and to any side that would have Vardy in their squad he is undroppable. England should be the same.
>>
>>65704718
>wilshere
'no'
>>
>>65704797
>scoring penalties and tap ins vs part-time builders
Same goes for Wellbeck or anyone that boasts about doing anything less than what's expected against high school athletes.

One of Vardy's only England contributions from the wing was putting pressure on an Estonian defender then creating the space to pass it to Sterling for an easy goal, because it was easy.
>>
>>65704845
When fit he's one of our best players, but like Shaw it's 50/50 if he will be
>>
File: mohawk.jpg (4 KB, 156x170) Image search: [Google]
mohawk.jpg
4 KB, 156x170
>>65704667
I mean like this
>>
>>65704888
>>65704845
I wouldn't take Wilshere or Shaw, or Carrick actually. There's no room for slow mediocrity now.
>>
>>65704916
Name a better cm, holding mid and left back
>>
>>65704951
Drinkwater, Dier, and Baines, clearly.
>>
>>65705016
Drinkwater maybe but he has no international experience and I already have Dier starting ahead of Carrick, as well as Baines ahead of Shaw
>>
File: 67868.png (486 KB, 457x420) Image search: [Google]
67868.png
486 KB, 457x420
>>65704899
>>
>>65705118
Drinkwater's being called up for the friendlies. He's a top player, should slot in nicely. and would work well in that midfield with players like Alli and Dier.

we all know its hendo and milno though.
>>
>>65705166
Milner is a winger no matter where he wants to play himself and as long as we play Dier and Alli, playing either Henderson, Drinkwater and Wilshire wont really make a difference
>>
>>65705214
I can get behind that
>>
>>65704868
can only play who's in front of you dipshit
>>
>>65704082
Simple. Because >Woy
>>
File: SOCCER-Man-Utd-160652-548811.jpg (62 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
SOCCER-Man-Utd-160652-548811.jpg
62 KB, 590x350
He's not sponsored by Adidas or Nike.
Enjoy Rooney you limey fucks
>>
>>65705612
Hes a Nike UK Athleteâ„¢
>>
>>65704526
>As for Rooney, he is captain
what do coaches do this m8s? what ever happened to handing the captaincy to experienced defenders?
plus rooney's morale is abysmal and he can't even take a corner-kick properly.
>>
>>65706104
*why
>>
Should still play Rooney behind Vardy.
>>
File: Wayne Looney.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Wayne Looney.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>65706104
You don't expect much from the intelligence levels of coaches that start Looney to begin with.
>>
File: SNN0201AA_1500623a.jpg (43 KB, 532x439) Image search: [Google]
SNN0201AA_1500623a.jpg
43 KB, 532x439
----------Vardy Kane---------------------
----------Barkley Alli------------------
---------Dier Drinkwater----------------
Rose Richards Smalling Walker
------------Butland-------------------

>Wingers
>>
what england need to do is fire hodgson and get ranieri for the summer

then,

Jamie Vardy Harry Kane(Ulloa)

Marc Albrighton Danny Drinkwater Fabian Delph(Kante) Raheem Sterling(Mahrez)

Leighton Baines(Fuchs) Steven Caulker(Morgan) Ryan Shawcross(Huth) Danny Simpson

Joe Hart(Schmeichel)
>>
I wonder who is Woy going to pick as strikers but I reckon the top choices so far are Kane - Vardy with Sturridge as a super sub. Either or hes going to play Rppney as a striker kek
>>
>>65706251
>Caulker
>Delpth
Raneri wouldn't be that stupid
>>
>>65706251
How wlese did Jamaica manage to beat USA in the CONCAF

Morgan is Leicester captain over
>Fuchs (Austria captain)
>Inler (Switzerland captain)
>Wasilewski (Poland captain few years back)
>>
File: morgan.jpg (272 KB, 1732x1184) Image search: [Google]
morgan.jpg
272 KB, 1732x1184
>>65706457
pic related
>>
>>65706380
yeah delph should be replaced. is dier a ball-winner? haven't seen him play. and smalling or jagielka in place of caulker
>>
>>65706483
Delph is complete and utter wank. Don't even breathe his name in the same air as Drinkwater. I would rather have Drinkwater with two broken legs than Delph.

Dier will do just fine. Drinkies far more than a ball winner though, he has excellent passing, pretty much assists Vardy for fun these days like Mahrez, he can also do this when he shoots those 4 times a season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTT1MW3ywHw
>>
>ctrl+f CHAT
>0 results
has it been filtered to 'mohawk'?
>>
>>65706652
This is a legit Vards for England thread.
There's no chatter here pal.
>>
>>65706730
Fair enough, it was just that one american chatting shit, I skimmed the thread and thought I'd seen a few people saying he shouldn't be first choice
>>
>>65706799
In all honesty be probably shouldn't be
>>
>>65704645
>>65704667
>>65704899
>not the mullet he had at the start of 13/14
>>
We don't have the midfield players that would let Vardy play to his strengths. Kane is a better all rounder.
>>
>>65710036

>we have Albrighton and Drinkwater
>Wilshere > Kante
>Walcott > Mahrez

Vardy and Kane up front
>>
>>65710036

>panicked passing around the defence before a long ball up to the striker

Does it matter if it's too Kane or Vardy?
>>
>>65710081
>Wilshere > Kante
>Walcott > Mahrez
This has to be an ABA shill, or have you all gone metal trapped in that thread?
>>
>We honestly have a realistic chance

L M A O
>>
>>65704651
Welbeck is based for England; he's just terrible in regular league football. If he plays, he will probably score a blooter and silence everyone. I'd play Welbeck over Rooney.
>>
>>65710128
Not the same guy and the players are completely different but both are good on the counter which is also vardy's strength
>>
Vardy wouldn't have the same service for England as he has for Leicester.
He would produce shit
>>
File: 1423487216176.png (269 KB, 448x384) Image search: [Google]
1423487216176.png
269 KB, 448x384
>>65710128
>Walcott > Mahrez
>>
File: 32432424.jpg (32 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
32432424.jpg
32 KB, 500x587
>I don't rate Wilshere
>>
>Walcott >Mahrez
is thisa new meme?
>>
>>65710639
Wilshere isn't going to make it sadly. In 2011 he looked like he was going to be genuinely brilliant. He will never be fit.
>>
Leicester City are better than England National team.
>>
>people saying Vardy gets better service than Kane
>with fucking Lamela, Eriksen, and Alli behind him
>>
>>65710783
i never rated him. he's always been a meme player and would be nowhere near the first team if he never played for arselel
>>
>>65710833
Mahrez is better than all of them tbf
>>
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Clyne-------Smalling--Cahill------------Rose
-----------------------Alli--Dier---------------------
Sturridge-----------Rooney-----------Sterling
-------------------------Kane------------------------

I think this team would be decent enough, if Sturridge stays fit of course. Alli and Dier would be comfortable playing together from Spurs, and would be a solid CM partnership, something England have lacked for a while.

Sturridge would be deployed on the wings yes, but he would still be a better option than Walcott or Lallana.

Rooney has to play because he is the captain and has the most experience, this is something Vardy lacks. He will be able to put a shift in and get the ball out to Sturridge / Kane and possibly even Sterling.

The fullbacks are solid players and the goalkeeper is good too. However I don't rate the defensive partnership of Cahill and Smalling. I wouldn't play Stones as he often shits the bed with his ball to feet carry on in the Prem and I think he would shit the bed more often on an international stage.
>>
File: NachoMonreal.jpg (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
NachoMonreal.jpg
105 KB, 960x540
If Vardy was black Woy would have dropped Rooney in an instant, the perverted old cuck.
>>
>>65711186
>The fullbacks are solid players
>Clyne and Rose
it's a shaky defense tbf, unless Smalling picks up the form he had at the start of the season I'd worry a bit.
>>
>>65711436
Rose has been a stalwart in the best defense in the Prem this year. While Clyne hasn't had a great season, he is a good player, the Liverpool team he is in doesn't do him justice.

I'd be more worried about centre halfs
>>
>>65711502
Honestly I've not watched much of Tottenham this season, but I've never seen him put in much of a good shift for England and he's started less than half of Tottenham's games this season.
Clyne has been exposed as trash that like many other players was made to look good in Southampton's system.
>>
>>65704082
Because Leicester's counter-attacking style suits him, and you wont get that with Woy
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.