[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patriots fan here. The Broncos D was amazing, but fuck this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: patriots bear.png (93 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
patriots bear.png
93 KB, 320x287
Patriots fan here.

The Broncos D was amazing, but fuck this Peypey meme. The team would have been better with Brock Osweiler.
>>
true desu
They should have been 20+ in the first half.
>>
True
it also made me glad to confirm that we could have destroyed Carolina, now i´ll have to wait for next season
>>
>>65473144
Well, Peyton's retiring anyways so...
>>
>>65473144
Winnie the pooh is missing a ring
>>
>>65473144
He just played his last game. Show him at least some respect. I will admit it was frustrating to watch them run the ball on third and long almost every play, but he still won and I'm happy for him. He's a very respectable person and had an amazing career.
>>
Manning threw so many balls that had no zip on them. His receivers were open and the ball never got there or he sailed it high. Even fucking Alex Smith would have put up 40 points in that game.
>>
>>65475613
Literally any QB could have rode that defense to a ring like Manning did. Quit sucking his dick.
>>
File: yaturkey.png (76 KB, 1226x736) Image search: [Google]
yaturkey.png
76 KB, 1226x736
>>65475799

Literally any QB hasn't done this in his career, ya turkey.
>>
Literal Tim Tebow couldve "won" this game for the Broncos
>>
>>65476057
I don't give a fuck about >muh career

He played like shit this season. The team would have been better with Brock. Just because he has pretty stats from 10 years ago doesn't mean he didn't play like shit.
>>
>>65473144
True statement senpai
>>
>>65476162

>pretty stats from 10 years ago

He was in the pro bowl for the past two seasons and set league records in basically everything in 2013 and is without a doubt one of the greatest players in the history of the game. So yes, he's going to get more attention than Trent Dilfer did.
>>
>>65476428
I already said I don't give a fuck about his career. Quit posting useless stats. He played like absolutely dog shit this season. Our point is that Brock would have made the team better and that you could have put Ryan Fucking Leaf under center and they still would have won that game.
>>
>>65476597

Well the rest of the league does care about his career, so hush, you big baby.
>>
>>65477320
Not really though. We'll all forget then five years from now they'll give him a jacket and then we'll all forget again.

Reminiscing in the past is nice but the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" type of league.

And as I said. This thread isn't about his past. It's about now you dumbass.
>>
>>65473144
broncuck here. you are correct. osy needs to start next season. also brady is the goat.
>>
>>65477368

>Not really though. We'll all forget then five years from now they'll give him a jacket and then we'll all forget again.

Right. Because nobody ever talks about the Steel Curatin, Joe Cool, or the 85 Bears. Nope. Nobody will ever remember them.

This thread is about you complaining that the NFL wants to recognize that one of the greatest players in history is retiring. And by the way, what Peyton has done for them lately is been proficient enough to score enough points to win ballgames, unlike Brock Osweiler, who threw like four picks against the fucking Chargers of all people and almost cost them a #1 seed until he was relieved by, guess who? Peyton Manning.
>>
>>65477478
I really don't understand why you feel the need to defend the endorsement man so much. He spent this season riding on a defense and a running game. It seriously didn't matter who it was that took the snaps they still would have won.

It has nothing to do with "recognizing peyton manning." We all just think Brock would have done better, simple as that.

Go jack off to pictures of Peyton or something.
>>
>>65477537

> We all just think Brock would have done better, simple as that.

Well, the coaching staff didn't. And, surprising though it may seem, the coaching staff is not inclined to bench one of the all time greats because some jerkoff on the internet is tired of peypey memes.
>>
>>65475441
>we
>>
>>65477574
I'm not tired of "Peypey memes" nor am I a jerkoff. I have a valid opinion that has plenty of evidence to back it.

He played like shit. He was what? Second in interceptions in the regular season after playing less than half the season? That's hilarious. He was useless and almost lost this game. They literally stopped passing the ball at one point because they were afraid he would drop the ball or throw a pick.
>>
>>65477604

And yet he relieved Brock Osweiler in the last game of the regular season and won the last game of the season, guaranteeing them a #1 seed, which may have been decisive given how close the AFCCG was. And then, despite your "plenty of evidence" the coaching staff decided to leave him in as the starter despite him "play[ing] like shit," for what I'm sure are entirely sentimental peypey meme related reasons, and all it got them was this lousy Super Bowl championship. Fuck you, Peyton.
>>
>>65475441
>we

wetback pls
>>
>>65473144
patsfags still mad that Manning is 3-1 against brady in conference championships
go figure
>>
>>65477664
How you are really upset about this. How many Peyton Manning fatheads do you have in your room? He played like utter dogshit this year. I don't see why you're so riled up about someone pointing that out. Manning physically can't play the game anymore. He trips over himself at least once a game, just drops the ball from time to time, can't put any heat on his passes anymore. He's done man. Get over it. Mannings play had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the super bowl. The defense score more points than he did. CJ Anderson was on a rampage all game. Manning literally just sat and watched.
>>
>>65477705
I love how before it was said that playoff record doesn''t matter because it was a team effort
>>
>>65477753
so you want to rate individual accomplishments? because if you dont say 'muh 4 rings' you have literally nothing to fall back on.
>>
>>65477726

I'm not taking exception to the fact that Peyton Manning's career is over. I'm taking exception to your ridiculous assertion that "Literally any QB" could have done what Peyton Manning did. Do you even remember the last game of the regular season. When Brock Osweiler stunk it up versus a then 4-11 Chargers team, was subsequently benched in favor of a quarterback who "physically can't play the game anymore... trips over himself at least once a game, just drops the ball from time to time, can't put any heat on his passes anymore." Remember how the Broncos immediately got their offense back, marched down the field for a TD, and went on to win the game?

Now explain this to me. If the Broncos can't win against the fucking Chargers, The CHARGERS, win Brock Osweiler under center and the exact. same. defense, how do they beat the Steelers, Patriots, or Panthers?
>>
>>65477772
No no I'm saying that before when it came to peyton manning it was "playoffs don't count because it's team effort only"
>>
>>65477794
Sorry man, you can type out as many novels as you want but Manning gave up the ball twice, almost three times in this game and had less than 100 passing yards. You could have put ANYONE under center and still win this game.
>>
>>65477794

with* Brock Osweiler
>>
>>65477812

Well I say that they couldn't have. I say that Peyton Manning is LITERALLY the only person in the world who could have won that game. And my completely unfounded assertion carries as much weight as yours does, since nobody else started that game and nobody else won that game.
>>
>>65475680
Alex Smith is a very good QB so what's with "even Alex Smith" like that's a knock
>>
remember this when brady is old and under performing.

brock's time will come if he has it in him

btw they still won so who the fuck cares about your stupid ass opinion
>>
>>65477828
>this much denial

You really are a dumb piece of shit aren't you?

As I said before, go jack off to some picture of Peyton Manning. Maybe you could play with your ass a little and pretend it's Eli joining in.
>>
>>65475613

Peyton went out like a scared pussy. He did nothing memorable throughout the playoffs. He had a great career no doubt, but didn't even belong on the team.
>>
>>65477884

You're right. You've convinced me. "I'm wrong but I have confidence" is such a compelling argument.
>>
Lol Patsfags all salty because Peyton is officially the goat now
>>
>>65477905
It's not just that I have confidence. It is so obvious how terribly he played this season your denial honestly makes me sad. I didn't realize how much a person can live in denial of the truth. Manning was terrible this season and so many other QB's would have played better than him in this game.
>>
>>65477983
>0 TD, 1 INT

I mean...he's an all time great but not GOAT
>>
>>65478042
Barring team accomplishments like rings, who is better than Manning?

Marino?
>>
>>65477705
>Foxboro reportin' in.

Not mad in the slightest. I've been a New England fan for around 15 years now, but I've held nothing but respect for Peyton Manning. Losing one to Peyton is no big deal. However, fuck those Broncos fans. Almost as bad as Jets fans.
>>
>>65478014

I never said other QBs couldn't have played as well or better than a 39-year old QB who can't turn his head. I was challenging your dumbass assertion that he's worthless and the team would have been soooooooooo much better off with Brock Osweiler. Peyton played the role of Trent Dilfer this Super Bowl, but he did his part and they won. Osweiler played well, but was carried by the same excellent defense and nearly cost the team the number one seed in the last game of the regular season until terrible washed up Peyton came in and won the game for them, then did his job in the postseason, including 2 TDs and no INTs against the Pats. He's not the player that he once was, but to say he's worthless is just asinine.
>>
>>65478059
>>65478059
You can't say this game makes Peyton GOAT and then say "barring team accomplishments"

Marino yes and maybe Favre, Unitas
>>
>>65478101
>been a fan for around 15 years now

fuck off. 3/10
>>
>>65477368
Are you fucking kidding me? Every time Brett Favre leaves his fucking tree stand ESPN does a story on it.

Peyton was maybe the most marketable player in NFL history, they will never stop talking about him.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>65477470
Broncos fan
>calling a qb the goat
>qb isn't John Elway
>>
>>65477864
>forgetting about Jimmy Garoppolo
everything is going as planned
>>
>>65478147
favre should have had two rings. the only reason the broncos beat them is because they cheated the salary cap to stack their roster. i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing the same thing now
>>
>>65478101
>pats fags
>literally admits to jumping on the bandwagon the moment the pats started not being terrible
>saying another fanbase is bad

oh the kek
>>
>>65478112
Objective perspective: well done, anyone with half a brain agrees. The results are in, no need to respond further to this shitbag.
>>
>>65473144
that's why we're winning it again next season. suck on deez nutz
>>
>>65478541
top kek, the broncos salary cap "scandal" is one of the most overblown myths in the history of the nfl. The broncos accountants, not even the gm, coach, or president worked out an agreement with Elway, and Davis and one unnamed player, to defer payments of their salary and pay interest on it in order to help the team cope with the front end of their new stadium that was in the initial planning stages at the time. The issue is that the accountants didn't report it. The entire scandal is that of bureaucratic bullshit, the deferments didn't allow them to sign new players since the gm didn't even know there was any other money floating around, the report itself says the broncos did not receive a competitive advantage, but it was still a rule violation and thus they had to be punished.
>>
>>65478875
>defer payments of their salary and pay interest on it in order to help the team cope with the front end of their new stadium
this sounds like cheating in a game that has salary caps
>The issue is that the accountants didn't report it
oh, and they even tried to hide it
>>
>>65477812
Are you stupid? I am not the guy you are arguing with but the Panthers D was almost as lights out as the Broncos. If Brock was in the game, Luke would have had a pick 6 and/or a fumble 6 and the game would be totally different. Peyton made mistakes against the #2 D in the league but he did not throw a pick 6 nor did he play so badly that they lost.
>>
manning threw for 0 touchdowns
>>
>>65478899
It's that people act as though the broncos were using that deferred money to sign a lot of talent when that's patently wrong. If the accountants hadn't deferred the payments the broncos would have been under the cap those seasons, and if the accountants had reported it there wouldn't have been a problem.

If the broncos weren't in the process of building a new stadium literally nothing would have happened.
>>
>>65473144
I would agree, but Brock cant read defenses for shit
>>
>>65480197
this tbqh fampai. He started to fall the fuck off towards the end of the season and Peyton for a little bit played good towards the playoffs.

What happened happened. Despite doing jack shit. He can go out and say he got his 2nd ring doing nothing but throwing a 2 point conversion. Im sure m-muh veteran presence will be mentioned.

Just happy he can go out and say he aint a one and done. Thank you based Miller
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.