[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Premier League dying a slow, painful death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
Is it great to see that 2 out of 3 of the top scorers in the premiership are English (Vardy and Kane sandwiching Lukaku)?

Or is it testament to the fact that the premier league is not what it once was. Two mediocre players that are by no means world class, along with Lukaku too who isn't so great leading the scoring.

I think the premier league still has the fan base, but does it have the talent? I just don't think any prem team is close to Madrid, Barca, Juventus, Munich etc.
>>
Are Brits avoiding the question?
>>
>>65411628
>but does it have the talent?
they've never had it
>>
what's wrong with the bottom girl?

She looks down af, imo.

I'd send that bitch a winky face
>>
>>65412055
This. It's honestly become a mls with "history"
>>
The league is stronger than ever, which is the whole point.

There's probably a bubble that's going to burst regarding wages and transfers, but the league is strong and good entertainment.

The One-Team-Meme Leagues might have their one or two teams that "do" Europe, but people in Africa and Asia and the Americas want to watch something good every week, and the Prem is the only league that can come close to providing it.
>>
No. Leagues go in rotation of being strong and it's still only just went behind La Liga.

The money will only hamper it but the big teams can't put out the kids at the weekend against even relegation fodder teams in preparation for mid week european games compared to their German and Spanish couterparts.
>>
>>65411628

Man shitty players are not playing at 100 % and are thinking about next season.

Lelsea and mou got stale with his boring football.

Manure players dont want to play for vanlal.

Its time to ditch the 1 striker formations
>>
Really, La Liga is only the best lecause because of Barca and Halal (even Halal is iffy). In terms of a consistent standard of good footy, the EPL is probably still best.
>>
File: 1454844133896.jpg (73 KB, 600x622) Image search: [Google]
1454844133896.jpg
73 KB, 600x622
Leicester have exposed the rotten state of the 'free market' in transfers. The names and sums mean nothing, but the press and then fans were spoonfed this bullshit for too long.

Toure yesterday, what a fucking hack. Kante is probably on 10% of his money and is ten times the player.
>>
>Syrians this upset because nobody cares about the Bayernliga
Daily Reminder that Manure Flop Chicarito is dominating that shithole of a league
>>
>>65412465
>dominating

what
>>
The EPL for me has a familiarity and comfyness that other Euro leagues don't have. Not that I watch a whole lot of English football, but if I'm going to watch anything it'll be English.

Maybe because I grew up watching EPL highlights and am more familiar with the teams, but also because I like the idea of having 4 tiers of clubs and the opportunity for (relatively) no name clubs to make it all the way to the top.

But more than anything it's that comfy feel about the EPL which is attractive. I don't think teams like Man City have that same vibe though, I don't know why anyone would support a team like that unless they had from a very long time. I like the idea of supporting a smaller less-known club with mainly English players, but I have no reason to support any club in particular.
>>
Leicester could literally handle most of them, that display at the Etihad confirms that. Who are our challengers for the Euro? Spain?

Kane > Costa
Alli > Fabregas
Vardy > Morata
Dier > Busquets

English talent is rising and football is coming home.
>>
>>65411628
You will have your answer next year when the foxes crush bayern
>>
>>65412493
>Could barely score goals in the PL
>Already has 13 in the Bayernliga
Lel
>>
>>65412094
>but people in Africa and Asia and the Americas want to watch something good every week, and the Prem is the only league that can come close to providing it.

thats exactly what the jews want you to think.

most people who say this don't watch other leagues often enough to be able to make this statement.
>>
>>65412523

He was better than the fat tart Rooney who everyone says is so good in England.

Face it, Wales are even better than England now they have Bale.
>>
>>65412570
Try harder Hasan, spend more time watching football than hanging around train stations.
>>
>>65412402
>consistent standard of good footy
Haven't seen that for quite some time in the EPL.
The league is stale af and would be exposed even worse if more teams competed in international footy
>>
>>65412523
>Could barely score goals in the PL

nah, he used to score a lot , and in important games to when he was fergie's super sub.

i think hes insanely overrated by mexicans and isn't a good enough player for teams at united's (usual) level, but as a striker for 2nd tier european club like a leverkusen, a valencia, a tottenham, etc. hell yeah hes good.

this is his first season being a starter and not a bench player for a club and hes showing that he can score goals.
>>
>>65412564

Go to Africa some time, amigo.

Everyone watches the Prem at every possible moment.
>>
>>65412614
37 goals in 103 games is a terrible record for a poacher, especially one in a system like Ferguson's
>>
Being a prolific scorer doesnt necessarily make you the best player.

More often than not, the top scorer in England has been English. Shearer holds the season and total record. Kane and Vardy have found that formula, they're effective, confident, English goalscorers in the mould of Shearer/Owen/Wright/Lineker.

I genuinely prefer watching English football because anyone can beat anyone. The FA Cup is exciting. I don't care about how they perform in Europe, week after week I enjoy English football on the TV and have my local club to support in person.
>>
>>65412652

It's not a bad record in itself, but considering he did nothing to contribute to build up then he needed to have done better. If he created a few dozen chances then it would have been fine but at times Man U looked down to 10 men with the pea on the field.
>>
So is the concensus that people don't watch the prem because it has the best players, but just because anyone can win?

The bundesliga has had more winners in the last 10 years than the prem though.
>>65412652

How is better than 1 in 3 terrible?

That's the benchmark of a striker. It is made even better by the fact most of those appearances are as a sub.
>>
>>65412705
Yes but no one is watching old football matches on the weekend. Me and my friends don't get together and watch old games, we watch what is on now.

Right now, English football (cup and league) is better on a weekly basis than German. I'll watch anything that's on live but generally speaking I can see why English football appeals more than German or Spanish to the neutral.
>>
In terms of entertainment, no league comes close.

Strength wise, I'd say LaLiga closely followed by the EPL. The rest are still years behind barring the odd few like Buyern, Jewey
>>
It's the rise of the middle class. The bottom teams have such funds to work with, they can fill their teams with quality. I think the league is the strongest it's ever been, just more evenly distributed.
>>
>>65412652
Most of those are as a sub tbf.
>>
>>65411628
I do think the premier league is at its lowest point in terms of quality for a while 2bh. However I don't think Kane and Lukaku scoring a lot is proof of that, as they're both young and improving. It would be like insulting 2009 la liga because a literal who called "messi" managed to score 23 goals
>>
>>65412705
Because as >>65412681 said his job as a poacher was to score goals, and he wasn't even great at that, with others outperforming him whilst still bringing other attributes to the table that he lacked.
People prefer the EPL to Bundesliga because the EPL is an actual league, other than Bayern your league is irrelevant, you're the German Ligue 1.
>>
>mfw Ranieri is going to win the BPL with a team of literally whos

WHAT A JOKE LEAGUE LOL
>>
It comes down to whether people are willing to watch and care about Newcastle United vs Stoke City, or SV-Darmstadt-98 vs Eintracht-Frankfurt.

Who do you think Euro casuals will take an interest in.
Also there's a gulf in quality between the 15-16 non dominant Bundersliga team, who would almost all be competing in the Championship if they were English clubs.

The Prem is not dying or weakened, it's become far more competitive. Teams like West Ham and Leicester have better squads than Manchester United. Both Payet and Kante would walk in to any La Liga or Bundersliga 11.

When critics, former players and managers say the league has lowered in quality this season, it's just a smokescreen for not admitting how good Leicester and West Ham really are, and how they can't explain it so they say 'Chelsea have been poor', 'Manchester United have been poor' etc.
>>
Your league is an utter joke. You can get 10/1 on bayern not winning it before a ball has been kicked.
Germany as a whole has been on a steep downward trajectory for the last ten years or so. I remember when people used to look up to you.
>>
Who's the girl in the top left?
>>
>>65412652
a lot of his games played were off the bench
>>
>>65412787
None of the "big" EPL clubs strike me as big
Man Utd and City are going through rebuilding stages
Chelsea are currently shit and who knows how they will deal with it next season
Arsenal are just forever cucked and never show any kind of determination

Then you have Liverpool who other than a few moments of glory have settled into mediocrity and Tottenham who are sort of a yoyo club in that some seasons they look great and others they look like they usually do.

It's intriguing to see clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Palace, Southampton do well though
>>
File: 1367856916669.png (147 KB, 293x380) Image search: [Google]
1367856916669.png
147 KB, 293x380
>EPL relegation fodder will earn more than Buyern due to the massive TV deal next year
>is the EPLel is dying guise?

Don't you have to watch your mum have sex with a Syrian right now Johannes?
>>
>>65413044
He'd like to but he can't see very well out of his Burqa
>>
I'd much rather a "talentless" league that is seriously entertaining rather than Bayernliga.

Why should I care about the overall performance of the league in competitions like the CL when my team will never play in Europe?

Why would I cheer like a cuck for the big teams I hate?
>>
>>65411628
All leagues have their ups and downs in quality.
I think the PL is probably at its worst since the 90's right now, but to says its dying a slow painful death is a bit of an exaggeration.
Similarly, I'm not sure why you think Kane, Lukaku and Vardy doing well in the league is evidence for it being shit. Kane and Lukaku are young players with genuine ability, only someone who hasn't watched them at all over the last couple of seasons would argue otherwise.

>does it have the talent
Yes, less than its had in the past, but to say its completely void of talent would be a complete exaggeration from someone who never watches it.
>>
>>65412818
I don't remember when people looked up to you, but I guess it's nice to know there's people out there who have fond memories of being inferior to us.
>>
>>65411628
> leicester top of league
> tottenham 2nd
> pep arriving next year

The Premier league is the most exciting and unpredictable league in the world. How can it be dying a slow painful death when its the most entertaining to watch? Yes maybe English teams are not at the level of teams such as Barca and Madrid but they never fail to attract the biggest names in world football.
>>
>>65414218
his just salty more people care about the epl than buyersliga
>>
>>65413366
this. also vardy should be get more praise considering the levels hes played through and is still scoring regulary at the highest in English football.
>>
>>65413529
>I don't remember when people looked up to you

There's even a name for it - Anglophile. Millions of Anglophiles worldwide.
>>
>>65413066
this
>muh coefficient
Anybody who has ever cared about that is oil cancer and should get out.
>>
File: uk1010.jpg (150 KB, 634x1024) Image search: [Google]
uk1010.jpg
150 KB, 634x1024
>these are 10/10s in bongland
>>
>>65414375
to be fair kate can be cute with the right haircut
>>
>>65412564
Ever watched a low-midtable game in La Liga? It's torturously slow. They're only entertaining if it's the top teams playing.

On top of that no one really wants to watch a league where the winner is usually kinda obvious.
>>
File: lily-collins-thighs.jpg (2 MB, 2432x3775) Image search: [Google]
lily-collins-thighs.jpg
2 MB, 2432x3775
>>65414375
That Cara bitch seems to be loved the world over, whereas she's hardly known or talked about within the UK - America is giving her all the work. She's the inferior eyebrowfu regardless.
>>
File: 123543546564.jpg (167 KB, 402x500) Image search: [Google]
123543546564.jpg
167 KB, 402x500
>>65414375
Kate is 42, though.

Definitely was up there in her prime.
>>
>>65411709
No because you are clinically retarded
>Hur 1 team leagues are the way to go

Dresden wasnt enough you fucking cunt
>>
File: kate-beckinsale03r3.jpg (1 MB, 2494x3600) Image search: [Google]
kate-beckinsale03r3.jpg
1 MB, 2494x3600
>>65414412
to be fair, Kate is the ultimate milf and whatever haircut she's got she's lovely.
>>
the league is a closest league around. lesser teams often beat the big boys.
but yea the quality we had from 2002-2012 ish, just isn't there atm.
i honestly believe its the best league because of the amount of upsets we get, barca real and bayern win nearly every week.
but the top teams in the prem nearly always has upsets.
Chelsea won the league last year, and are now seating about 15th.There is no chance this time next year barca real or bayern will be below 3rd place in there leagues.
imo aguero is the only real world class player in the epl atm.
>>
>>65412513
As a Welshman I am here to tell you, expect us to beat England. Mainly because you know none of the performing English players will make it in the team over more established out of form shit players.
>>
>>65414375
>he wouldn't let cara dress up as a dom and spit in his mouth

That Karl Largerfled shoot...

fug
>>
>>65412805
You are not giving lester enough credit, they are a city of 200k people, we haven't had something like this since the 99-00 season when Depor won the league, or maybe since Real Sociedad finished 2nd just after Madrid.

It's not like if Atletico or Valencia won the league, just imagine if Celta Vigo were first in the league, we would all be going nuts back here.

Everyone loves the underdog, and seeing lester trash oil clubs like City or finishing over 10 spots ahead of Chelsea is just great, it's going to be a great season.

I agree though that as the epl can't really claim to be the best league anymore by any reasonable standard they are going full >we le most competitive league now, but in reality this competitiveness has come as the epl has become extremely weak, for example i'm convinced this lester squad would get trashed by the Super Depor of the start of the century.

It's still great fun and it's giving us loads of memes, this doesn't substract any merit from lester which are earning every point fair and square and even if it still has to rain a lot as they've not mathematically won the league, they've definitely earned a CL spot.
>>
>>65412055
this. see Ballon d'or history. Most entertaining league but way overhyped talent-wise
>>
>>65414375
>not liking Kate Beckinsale

what a colossal faggot
>>
>>65414412
>>65414441
>>65414692
He's obviously being cheeky and loves both of them.
>>
This thread exisiting during the most engaging and exciting premier league season for years, meanwhile the rest of the top 5 leagues are stumbling towards their usual conclusion.
>>
>>65414729
Yeah, this season has been the most surprising in many many years. It's a good year to be a EPL fan.

But all that extra TV money coming in will see the the league flooded with more established overseas pros, and push the English kids even further back.

Another 50 years of hurt coming up lads.
>>
>>65414729
Op is retarded
They'll all be watching the prem in 2 weeks time when all their leagues are already mathematically decided
>>
>>65414790
I think we might finally see English players playing abroad as a result.
>>
>>65412513
I will masturbate on a picture of Vardy if England wins the Euro 2016
>>
Only league worth investing time in to watch.
>>
>>65412465
He won 2 League titles, how is that a flop?
>>
Wait for Pep, he's the destroyer of leagues, he'll win the league 3 years straight with record points and leave the PL as uninteresting as the other leagues. It happened in Spain and it's happening in Germany, those two leagues had more open title fights pre-Pep era. Enjoy this season.
>>
>>65414458
oh my
>>
>>65414994
In regards to Pep I think he'll put City in a dominant position if he can lure big talent from the continent over.

It's no good for them if they've got unlimited transfer budgets but spending it on £50m media babbies like Sterling. That kind of money needs to go towards players who otherwise would not be interested in PL football.

If he uses the money to break that mould, sure. If he's buying internal PL players I can see him getting fed up with it quite quickly.
>>
>>65414851
No we won't because English kids can earn the same sitting on the Arsenal youth team as they can in Getafe's first 11, where they'd have to put some actual effort in both in play and in learning a new culture. Why would they move?
>>
>>65414888
your trips bode ill omens for you lad, then again you're german so you're probably going to enjoy it

Make sure to cam it, n-no homo of course :3
>>
>>65415043
Players who are ambitious want to play football, Europe's leagues have more quality than the championship. Forgive me for being optimistic about the next generation.
>>
>>65414594

England has the 4th joint most Ballon d'Or winners in history (joint 1st if we include all of the UK). We've had 3 different clubs produce winners, while Spain only 2.
>>
>>65414375

>talking shit on the only 40 plus brit who looks decent

kek im sure you will age gracefully, anon...mountain dew and cheetos are the new fountain of youth
>>
The arrival of Guardiola to England is like Cruyff's to Spain desu. English football are so far behind tactically it' s just not funny anymore.
>>
>>65415393

Don't worry, your optimism will fade and die within a few years.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.