[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the great deliberation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: mmm.png (1 MB, 1133x556) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
1 MB, 1133x556
the great deliberation
>>
I don´t rate Henry
>>
suarez
>>
>>65200363
>greatest premiership strike ever
>not getting rated by everyone
unable to compute
>>
Henry
>>
Zlatan
>>
Henry only won one WC. Also they both played in an era when Michael Owen was considered an elite striker.
>>
File: henry wow.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
henry wow.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>65200363
>>
It's Ronaldo, but there's probably a legitimately great deliberation to be had between the two. One thing's for sure though: that deliberation will be far from great on /sp/.
>>
>>65200277
Stop with this shit akready.
>>
File: Istanbul.jpg (192 KB, 962x590) Image search: [Google]
Istanbul.jpg
192 KB, 962x590
>>65200502
>tfw Michael Owen won the Ballon d'Or
>tfw he'd still be a legend if he had stayed at Liverpool
>tfw he fucked off to Real Madrid one year before pic related happened
>tfw he flopped, got injured, and became such a joke that he was sending out job applications to relegation candidates
>tfw karma is real
>>
Ronnie
>>
>>65200409
>Greatest premiership striker
That ain't Shearer m8
>>
Just stop delusional Arsenal fans.

Ronaldo was twice what Henry ever was.
>>
Walcotts always been better than Naldo lol
>>
Rames Vardy
>>
>>65200277
henry simply because he won't get injured with every burst of his knees

maybe not as lethal as ronaldo, but ultimately much more valuable to the game overall than ronaldo
>>
I love Henry but Ronaldo is the best CF in the history of the game
>>
Pre-injury Ronaldo > Henry > Post-injury Ronaldo
>>
even penaldo is better than henry famalam
>>
>>65200277
Ronaldo by far. Henry is just a turbonigger
>>
>>65207286
>Henry
>not one of the most skillful and elegant players of the modern era

Spotted the teenager
>>
>>65200409
gold medal in the special olympics
>>
>>65207286

Fucking faget
>>
>>65200277
>>>/arse/

this isn't even a debate
>>
Henry
>>
Please someone tell me this is bait. I am begging you.
>>
>>65207873
I know what you are trying to imply here but if someone can be measured with Ronaldo it's probably Henry, many posts disregarding him as if he had no place near Ronaldo.

Sensational player, fast, explosive, accurate, skilled, just like Ronaldo, but he performed for much longer, he is surely top 5 of the epl ever and was the backbone of a real "dynasty" both in a league and for the national team.

I really liked him back then, and still if I had to chose a forward I would chose him and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a mistake.
>>
>>65208328
>fast, explosive, accurate, skilled, just like Ronaldo
>just like Ronaldo

far inferior to Ronaldo in each one of those aspects.
>>
>>65208328

Henry had great technique but he didn't have Ronaldo's dribbling ability. Or his strength, despite his large size.
>>
I think even Henry himself would tell you Ronaldo was better, he was one of his idols, even though they're about the same age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juv4CnNB7eM
>>
>>65200277
easily henry
>>
>>65208604
He'd be thinking himself though

Henry wasone of the most self assured footballers of all time, rightfully so though
>>
>>65200277
>>65200409
>>65200442
>>65207784
>>65208851
You niggas are out of your mind for thinking that Thierry compares to Ronaldo. Ronaldo is up there with Messi, Maradona, Cryuff, Pele; Henry is in the next tier with Zidane, Cristiano,.

Also, fuck all you posers for never rating Batigol as the only one that gets even close to Ronaldo.
>>
>comparing Henry to Ronaldo

Hold on, I like Henry and don't want to call him off in order to prove my point. Ronaldo just happens to be way better than him.
>>
>>65200502
Michael Owen was considered by brits,like Stershit is now considered a football player.
>>
Henry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6OuYKSkIWU
>>
File: TheRealRonaldo.jpg (213 KB, 2036x1634) Image search: [Google]
TheRealRonaldo.jpg
213 KB, 2036x1634
Both great players but Ronaldo in the mid to late 90s really was something else.
>>
>>65215755

raped the dutch meme league like everyone slightly good does, had one GOAT seaspn at barca then scored an average of 12 goals a year for the next decade.

henry was better. scored more goals and also had vastly superior assists.
>>
>>65200409
>premier league

no matter how much you polish a turd, its still a piece of shit
>>
File: 1440238247081.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1440238247081.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>65215779
>>
fat ronaldo easily

if not for injuries he'd be close to being in the debate of being the best ever
>>
>>65215788
Keep on hating the premier league, maybe the cool kids will notice you.
>>
Henry scored the winning goal in the final against Ronaldo's team in The Cage.
>>
>>65215803

>Sweden loves bulls; the post
>>
>>65209112
>this flag
>this topic

go back to your youtube compilations and wikipedia articles you fucking spastic burger
>>
>>65215831
If you'd spend some time having your own opinions instead of hopping on the hate bandwagon on /sp/ maybe you'd have more original insults than the whole cuck things.
>>
>>65200409
oh wow.......
>>
>>65215875
sad, isn't it?
>>
File: 1451325463814.jpg (84 KB, 630x636) Image search: [Google]
1451325463814.jpg
84 KB, 630x636
>>65215869
>>
Robbie Fowler was a better pure goalscorer than Henry.

Ronaldo is on a whole other level though. Ridiculous to even compare him with any other striker of his time, he was that much better.
>>
>>65215779
>scored more goals
>Ronaldo: 414 goals in 616 games
>Henry: 411 goals 915 games
>>
The ONLY people seriously choosing Henry are Arsenal fags. I recognise a bunch of them from their pathetic general thread. That Jap and the swedecuck in particular
>>
Ronaldo was better but some people here are seriously underrating Henry. He's easily the greatest player of the Premier League era and he's in my top 5 players i've seen during my time watching football ('96 - present)
>>
>>65215978
>that flag
>STILL upset about Henry's handball

Get over it loser.
>>
>>65209262
>way better
You are seriously underrating Henry, he was not a meme, the man was the real deal, an absolute genious. I know how good Ronaldo was, I saw him with two different teams here though I barely remember his spell at Barça, but he never fullfilled his potential, and even if he ruled the 02 world cup, he won a grand total of 1 proper league and 0 CL.

Ronaldo is NOT up there with Messi, Maradona, Cryuff, Pele like >>65209112 said, if he hadn't had that series of career ending injuries I'm certain he would have been the Brazilian Messi and both would belong in a category reserved for them two only, something like the overgoats.

But that never happened, at least in this universe, like with many others we saw glimpses of what could have been, and even after this injuries, he still came back from Italy and did great which says a lot about him, although he wasn't unstoppable like he was for Barça.

Henry on the other hand won everything, was technically a god, was a great dribbler, for his lankiness he was actually quite strong and bullied defenders and was able to score from anywhere.

I'm biased because for me he was like what Messi is today for his fanbois, but I would still choose him and he would probably beat a team led by Ronaldo.
>>
Ronaldo - 3 Ballon d'Ors

Henry - 0 Ballon d'Ors
>>
>>65216062
Ronaldo was a better scorer, Henry was a more complete offensive footballer.
>>
go back to your containment thread, retards
Ronaldo was unrivaled.
>>
>>65216297

No he wasn't. Ronaldo was the most complete CF in history. He had no weakness. Henry was similar, but he didn't have Ronaldo's dribbling ability or power. His weak foot also wasn't as good as Ronnie's, who was equally good with both.
>>
>>65216297
no
>>
Ronaldo and it isn't even debatable
Henry was certainly class but not on that level
>>
>>65200277
Ronaldo wins easily
>>
>>65213293
one of the most overrated goals in football history, up there with Owen's against Argentina. That Real Madrid player to Henry's left, him being there or not makes no difference as he is literally jogging and ball watching. Had that guy moved a finger to put pressure, Henry wouldn't have gone anywhere
>>
>>65216349

>He had no weakness

pies
>>
>>65216349
Henry was a more complete footballer than Ronaldo was. And this is an undeniable, objective fact. Ronaldo is a more dangerous, lethal goalscorer. Henry can easily drop back and hand out assists. Could you ever imagine Ronaldo doing that? He's worthless outside the box.

Henry is probably the most elegant player in the history of the game if we take into account his pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ElFwsFdjM
>>
>>65217255
you seemed to have mixed up the two names in your post.
>>
>>65217273
He's right though, I still think Ronaldo is a better player however.
>>
>>65217255
>Could you ever imagine Ronaldo doing that? He's worthless outside the box.

Holy shit you are fucking clueless
>>
>>65216349
> He had no weakness.
Are you American?
>>
File: jillette.jpg (217 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
jillette.jpg
217 KB, 1240x786
>arse fans
>>
>>65216349
>He had no weakness
What about exploding knees?
Pretty sure that counts as a weakness
>>
>>65217833

Well i meant footballing wise obviously. The only thing i can think of is heading, but i still remember him scoring a few.
>>
>>65216849
lol okay mate.
>>
>>65217853
It's relevant to the discussion because it made him go from possibly literally the best ever, to a god tier player, footballing wise he didn't have any weaknesses, but neither did Henry.
>>
>>65217293
He's not. Ronaldo was also a great passer. There really is no debate between them, although Henry was also great.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.