[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attention Yuropoors and Americucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: tukeryjgtfdnhfdc.jpg (41 KB, 640x309) Image search: [Google]
tukeryjgtfdnhfdc.jpg
41 KB, 640x309
If I was to start watching divegrass as a casual fan or at the very least pay attention to it on the tv. What teams or leagues should I watch and/or become a fan of? I don't really want to get into MLS since it seems to have the worst fan base. The success of a team doesn't matter that much to me since I'm used to being disappointed by the rest of the teams I watch in other sports and if their fans wouldn't be toxic that'd be nice as well.

Thanks for any suggestions or opinions.
>>
At the moment, La Liga clubs play the best football but I imagine EPL is much easier to follow for an American. Just watch a few games, read a bit about their history and decide which team appeals to you the most.

My only advice is don't support a plastic oil club (Chelsea, Manchester City, PSG). They're literally cancer
>>
>>64924678
>watching football as an american

easiest way to spot a cuck
>>
>>64924722
Agreed
>>
>>64924722
I have a few black friends so I'm already half way their, brit friend.
>>
>>64924678
>I don't really want to get into MLS since it seems to have the worst fan base

you should know having been to games before am i right

go cuck yourself for a euro team and come crawling back to watch MLS when enough people agree with your decision to watch your domestic teams/league
>>
>>64924710
What do you mean exactly by plastic oil clubs? Thanks for the advice I'll take a look at PL, La liga, and budesliga.
>>
>>64924766
I've never been to a game before but I've seen enough pictures and shit posting of it that it reminds me a lot of >us12's except for divegrass. I don't know it may just be me though being brainwashed by this place.
>>
>>64924774
>plastic oil clubs
Teams that do well only due to the fact they have a sugar daddy owner who pumps money into the club
>The only reason players join is for the ridiculous pay wage
>The only reason the managers join is for the ridiculous pay wage
>The only reason they win trophies is because of money
>The only reason they have any fans is because of money
>>
File: Giovinco.jpg (28 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
Giovinco.jpg
28 KB, 620x430
>>64924786
bruh, whilst there are cringe fans in MLS, 4chan kind of overblows it, its a small minority of people that sit in their own section, literally only Seattle Sounders and NYCFC "hooligans" are the shit tier ones

either way, there's nothing wrong with watching euro leagues or getting into the sport that way, but you should at least go to a game or two of your local team
>>
>>64924774
Clubs that were shit for 95% of their existence but became relevant in the last 10 years or so because some billionaire Russian gangster or a Saudi sheikh bought the club and pumped a billion $ in transfer fees and wages.

They attract the worst kind of fans
>>
Start watching the champions league, it's the easiest way to get into the sport I believe
>>
I can't decide which EPL team to follow.

I'm Scottish, so I don't have a home team in the EPL.
>>
>>64924840
this

One month and champions league knock-out stage begins. you can pick the team you like.
>>
>>64924897
>>64924840
Awful suggestion 2bh
>>
>>64924804
>>64924824
>>64924840
Thanks, what are your guys opinions on Man U, or Bayern or Atletico Madrid?
>>
>>64924915
Why?
>>
>>64924804
>whilst

thanks for proving me right
>>
>>64924748
>there
>not their
>american education

Go watch some MLS. It's not half bad and you'll be able to attend matches like a decent footy fanatic.
>>
>>64924929
because it'll just produce another barca bandwagoner as though there aren't enough 12 year old middle easterners supporting them

>>64924921
The only complaints I'd have about those teams would be their fan base's but that's completely irrelevant- the clubs themselves are good solid clubs that are reaping the rewards of hard work and dedication
>>
>>64924921
Atletico are doing really good lately, and they're a good club. There are other good clubs to follow, specially FCBarcelona and Athletic Bilbao for their values
>>
>>64924929
Champions league is shit

The football is often incredibly boring and the same teams get to the semis every year
>>
>>64924921
A lot of ABUs (anyone but united) will claim United is the same as City, PSG, Chelsea etc. because they are just as rich, and that fans are just delusional thinking they're less plastic.

Although it's true United have bucketloads of money, they actually made it from their own businesses and brand, rather than just having a sugar daddy pump it in and cover all their net losses to remain competitive.
>>
>>64924993
yeah, because if he started with some domestic league he would totally support a relegation tier team and not one of the top ones, right?
>>
>>64925007

This, champions league is complete wank, if you want to watch european football you're probably better off watching Europa league since it's way more balanced
>>
>>64925028
I didn't say that
>>
>>64925007
>[insert any league here] is shit

>The football is often incredibly boring and the same teams win it every year
>>
>>64925043
The champions league isnt a league
>>
>>64925037
so you just want him to stay away from barca?
>>
>>64925050
I know m8
>>
>>64925051
I didn't say that either
>>
>>64924993
>because it'll just produce another barca bandwagoner as though there aren't enough 12 year old middle easterners supporting them
So? If he likes their players and how they play then what's the harm if he supports them?
>>
>>64925110
he should support his local mls team 2bh m8, i literally dont understand how someone can feel any attachment to any team that isn't connected to them let alone in another fucking country
>>
>>64925140
This. I can't cheer for a team I have never seen play personally.
>>
>Watching football outside of England
What is the point? Same as watching friendlies.
>>
>>64925151

If you like good football or club philosophy you can support a foreign team. Laggy streams at 4:30 AM, watching matches in tv with beer and good food can also produce attachment, I you grew up watching a team season after season and maybe seen more matches than the locals how can you not be attached?

> not knowing the feeling of saving money and traveling to see your heros alive.
>>
>>64925165
>watching the """""english""""" """"""premier"""""" league

there's a reason your league attracts the most unknowledgeable soccer fans in this country, they didn't know anything and bought into "muh best league in the world" marketing
>>
>>64925208
But anon, La Liga is the best league in the world
>>
>>64925205
I think Van Gaal has proven that having a "philosophy" doesn't mean much if your fans are sleeping
>>
>>64925219
I know lad, I follow Barcelona when my local team is out of season
>>
>>64925223
yeah, MU are pretty shit m8, but I think the english football is all in crisis
>>
>>64925208
>>64925228
Well done, you're so knowledgeable you discovered that the best team in the world is Barcelona and wisely adopted them as your own, you are now recognised by your peers as a massive bell end.

Enjoy winning 8-0 against literal whos every single week.
>>
>>64925238
Yeah, I really have nothing against the PL, I've just seen too many PL team "supporters" over here, hopefully they become a bit more competitive in the coming years.

As of right now watching Man U is about as gripping as watching an average MLS team
>>
>>64925228
Must be fun watching your team trounce everyone with no real tension.

>>64925208
>"hurr durr muh best league, must only follow the BEST"

Nobody say the EPL is the best. It's the most entertaining. La Liga is boring.
>>
>>64925205
Nah, it's only true when you witness the team playing. And yep, I'm saving money to travel to x to see xers play in 2017, and also to fuck skinny bitches and waste money on food.
>>
My tip is just watch it, don't pick a team to 'support'.
>>
>>64925260
i think that's good that they split the tv money more equally, i wish la liga did that.

but as i see most of english clubs buy very overpriced mediocre players, and play shit football.
I do not watch PL often, I find it boring, but Arsenal plays nice football this season.
>>
>>64924678
Yes it's MLS but sporting KC has a very chill fanbase, competitive ownership and a great stadium. If your interests ever align close to home it's a comfy fit
>>
>>64925256
Why would I watch a shit foreign team when I have my local shit team to watch?

>>64925270
You've never been to the US then, a lot of white people that have a casual interest or want to identify with English marketing genuinely think the PL is the best league in the world
>>
>>64925311
Yes I'm sure your local team who plays in a league where Bradley Wright-Phillips is a goalscoring force would fit right in in the Premier league.
>>
>>64925351
That's why Englishmen Gerrard and Lampard got cucked HARD here
>>
File: 1443933893.jpg (40 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
1443933893.jpg
40 KB, 431x431
>>64925360
>37 and 35 year olds in a game where 23-28 is the prime (for most)
>>
>>64924801
It's weird to think that a lot of EPL teams have very poor owners in comparison to NFL teams. I think every single NFL owner is a billionaire.
>>
Watch MLS you cuck

Do you think that you're going to be instantly indoctrinated by a SJW if you turn on the TV to watch a domestic game?

Do you think that you're magically going to grow a shitty ironic mustache if you learn the strikers of your home team?

Yeah there is high levels of cringe in MLS, but only if you go to the games and sit too close to the supporters section.
>>
>>64925396
That's because NFL teams are much more valuable overall. Even the 32nd most valuable NFL team is probably worth around $1.5b. That means that if you're an NFL owner, you're automatically a billionaire just by virtue of owning this team
>>
File: sunglasses.jpg (20 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.jpg
20 KB, 400x593
>>64925373
it's their fault for thinking that the league would be easy because they used to be good, only old man Drogba can pull that off, and that's because all he does is knock people down in the box which is like the perfect way to play in MLS
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.