[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this fraud keep getting into the TOTY, year after year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_lcr31fVQct1qc85cs.jpg (43 KB, 476x305) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lcr31fVQct1qc85cs.jpg
43 KB, 476x305
How does this fraud keep getting into the TOTY, year after year? Anyone worth their salt can name 10 CB's that are better than him. He seems completely brain dead at times. John Stones is better than this man.
>>
Perez
>>
He's a good lad
>>
>>64854073
probably for the same reason the ballon d'or vote term was reopened one time
>>
Boateng is one million times better than this fucker
>>
Still shocked that no Juve defenders made the list.
>>
Simple, 99% of people who watch football do not pay attention to how individual defenders play and have no idea who's good and who's bad. Ramos has simply become the safe casual choice for #1 CB because he's well known, plays for a good team and scored some clutch headers 2 years ago.

He's literally the most overrated player in the world.
>>
>>64854338
Fucking this. He just won La Liga defender of the year as well, unbelievable. He always has a mistake in him.
>>
>>64854330
Right, Chiellini is a top top class defender. Easily better than Ramos, career not as "luxurious."
>>
>>64854417
>He just won La Liga defender of the year
oh wow keks
Here he is enabling all three barcelona attackers for his team defeat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZTFkmxM0Ok
>>
>>64854556
I honestly can't remember when was the last time a defender got exposed as hard as Ramos in the 2015 Classicos

>March Classico, 2-1 Barca win
>1st goal
>free kick cross
>Mathieu, marked man to man by Ramos, gets a fairly easy header at goal
>goal
>2nd goal
>hoof from Alves
>Ramos plays Suarez onside
>goal

>November Classico, 0-4 Barca win
>1st goal
>Ramos gets out of position and overcommits to midfield
>let's Roberto drift past him
>Suarez receives the ball in space Ramos was supposed to cover
>goal
>2nd goal
>Iniesta's through ball to Neymar
>Ramos plays Neymar onside
>Ramos raises hand instead of defending
>goal
>4th goal
>overcommits to midfield again
>Suarez receives the ball in space Ramos was supposed to cover
>goal

That's a 6-1 win by Barcelona on aggregate and Ramos was at fault for 5 of those goals. He's positioning is consistently awful and with how intelligent Suarez is when it comes to exploiting space, he's going to be Ramos' nemesis for years
>>
Neuer didn't deserve it either, cry about that as well
>>
>>64854448
Chiellini is the 3rd best defender at Juventus.
>>
>>64854824
That's a great summary. He's the spanish david luiz: great physical attributes, occasional goal but completely brain dead. Not to mention he would get loaded of cards in any other team that wasn't madrid

All my halalfag friends are completely fed up. They all wanted him long gone and he just had his contract renewed and increased lel. Wouldn't surprise me if the 'best defender' award was to cover florentino's ass
>>
>>64855016
even if he didn't, he's still easily a top 3 GK. Ramos isn't even a top 10 CB and he keeps getting into every team of the year and is always nominated for best defender awards
>>
Marcelo is the real joke in these teams. Easily one of the worst fullbacks consistently playing in top teams in years.
>>
>>64855135
To be fair, he's consistently asked to play two positions at the same time since his LW is pretty much a striker who never defends and gets very little support from midfield because his team plays without a real DM.

It's hard for a full back to shine in those circumstances
>>
>>64855095
Yes but he was clearly not the best, he'll win again next year because he's German and the world cup. I do agree about ramos
>>
Ramos is a pretty great CB tbf. But yeah his 2015 was shit and he's physically impaired right now.

Anyone who has watched the Spain NT during their prime period should realize how good Ramos actually is.
>>
>>64855515
He wasn't even playing CB for Spain during their biggest period of dominance. He only got moved there at the end of 2011 after Puyol died for good
>>
>>64855721
And he was instrumental in their 2012 campaign, where they were by far the most defensively solid NT since Italy '06 or something.

Ramos and Marcelo get a lot of undeserved hate because their mistakes are more visible to the pseudo-connoiseurs who are actually just plebs.
>>
>>64855721
and there he has pique to 'tame' him, just like luiz has silva at psg/brazil
>>
>>64855774

Yea that had nothing to do with Spain playing Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Cesc at the same time
>>
>>64855793
Pique had a great season but Ramos gets the nod, it's ridiculous
>>
>>64855820
And why are you acting like Ramos had nothing to do with it? This is the kind of thinking I'm referring to.
>>
>>64855774
Spain was defensively solid because they kept possession without trying to score for 90% of the game. Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta and Alonso were more responsible for that solidity than Ramos.

>Ramos and Marcelo get a lot of undeserved hate because their mistakes are more visible to the pseudo-connoiseurs who are actually just plebs.
Maybe their mistakes are more visible because they commit a shitload of them?
>>
>>64855867
>Maybe their mistakes are more visible because they commit a shitload of them?
Nah.
>>
>FIFA team of the year is ridiculous

Who would've thought

Remember when David Luiz made it in last year?
>>
>>64855073
And he's still better than Ramos.
>>
>>64855774
Alba was more instrumental than Ramos.
>>
>>64855927
Madrid's defensive record since Ramos moved to CB
>11/12 - 2nd best in the league
>12/13 - 3rd best in the league
>13/14 - 3rd best in the league
>14/15 - 5th best in the league
They're consistently shipping more goals than a club like that should. Ramos is largely at fault here
>>
TotY is voted for online.

FUT kiddies are the most active voters.

Guess who the 2 highest rated CBs in FIFA are.
>>
>>64856044
Also

>29 years old
>record holder for most red cards in La Liga history
>1 red card away from Champions League record
>>
>>64854073
>john stones
and what has he won
>>
>>64856044
I don't think so.
>11/12
3 goals behind Barcelona, statistically irrelevant difference and Barcelona is generally better defensively because of their playstyle.
>12/13 and 13/14
Atlético were (and probably still are) the GOAT defensive side in world football, so it's a bit ridiculous to chastise Real for that instead of giving merits to Godin & co. (Godin is a better CB than Ramos, now that we're at it).
>14/15
Shit season for Madrid, everything went down the dumpster since January and Ramos had (still has) physical problems. Of course they'll do bad.
>>
>>64856057
They're voted by managers, captains and the press actually
Schweinsteiger had a vote and it was retarded
>>
>>64856447
The balloon door is. Puskas is voted for by fans. Not sure about TotY.
>>
TOTY is just pure trash
>>
>>64856905
it's voted by players, every professional player has the right to vote.
>>
>>64856905
Messi was robbed, that puskas award
Maybe the fifproxi is voted by fan idk
What's up slimani?
>>
>no Suarez
fml
>>
>>64855073
Chiellini is good when you have another defender covering his occassional fuckup. Still, he is a decent defender who has high football IQ. That clean tackle to Tsunaldo to force a freekick when he saw that they didnt have enough men to stop the counterattack from Real was quick thinking genius
>>
File: Luis-Su-rez-laughing-008[1].jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Luis-Su-rez-laughing-008[1].jpg
29 KB, 460x276
>yfw you realize they created the puskas award in 2009, named after a halal player, to give rolando a prize when messi was going to win the balloon door
>wasn't fan voted until 2013
>>
>>64857314
>EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY

Sounds familiar
>>
>>64854073

Ramos is a solid defender. He makes mistakes but so do most defenders.

>>64854281

The same Boateng who Messi left on his ass?
>>
>>64854073
Stones is average at defending. He's great on the ball though.
>>
>>64855073
>Chiellini is the 3rd best defender at Juventus

Thanks for reminding me to re-filter Canada
>>
>>64857471
completely agreed, it's not like they reopened the ballon d'or to benefit a halal player while the favourite was injured... oh, wait
>>
>>64858760

That was the funniest thing ever. The organization is so damn corrupt.
>>
>>64858697
Except that Bonucci is clearly better than him and so is a healthy Barzagli.

Chiellini is literally a better version of Ramos
>good physically and in the air
>charismatic leader
>way too reckless
>often has positional lapses
>>
>>64856228
The brave hearts of the English.
>>
>>64854073
Well, he's great in FIFA.
>>
>>64856057
>implying boateng doesn't have more pace then Ramos
>>
>>64854824
>for years
hate to tell you m8, but Donaldo, Missi, Ramos, Suarez, Pepe, Mascherano, Iniesta, Modric, Alves and Benzema will be fucking done soon.

the last generation is nearly over, at the end of this year/next year a lot of them will be shit (or jailed) compared to their current level
>>
>>64856228
Most sharia-approved name of the year award.
>>
>>64854073
The same way iniesta does
>>
Its a popularity contest retards
>>
>>64861073

>jailed

top kek

muslims are filth
>>
>>64861073
>Messi (28 years old)
>will be fucking done soon
wat
>>
>>64856431
>Atlético were (and probably still are) the GOAT defensive side in world football

I have to disagree with you there. Chelsea 04-05 is probably the best defensive side in football. Even though the failed to win the Champions League, they had a great campaign and were knocked out by a non-goal.
>>
>>64861160
2 years
messi is not the player he used to be, if he continues declining in terms of speed and acceleration he will be playing second fiddle, possibly third soon
he's also declined at a surprising rate over his career, I don't expect much better than what he's already shown

>inb4 some messi dickriders tell me I'm insane for thinking he's very obviously declined over the years
>>
He is literally Koscielny tier

>scores a decent amount of goals for a centre back
>lots of pace and good reactions
>likes a red card
>prone to playing like a brain dead retard and getting his team in trouble
>>
>>64861264
14/15 was literally his 2nd best season after 10/11. You are insane
>>
>>64861286
>implying
barcelona literally only won la liga that year because MADrid choked a 9 point lead, somehow everybody on /sp/ fails to acknowledge this
>>
>modric injured all year
>still makes it in because madrid
>>
>>64861357
Except that Madrid never led by 9 points last season (6 was the most IIRC). Also

>they only won because, in the end they finished with more points than their rivals
>>
>>64861399
they led by 9 points at one point iirc
all I'm saying is they were lucky as balls, as much as this is a cliche, Madrid lost the title as opposed to Barcelona winning it

>lead nearly the entire year
>ancelotti refuses to rotate the squad
>injuries rack up
>integral players missing, Madrid choke away the lead in a 2 team league
>barca win
literally la liga 2014-15 for you
>>
>>64861387
>messi injured for several months last year
>still wins balloon door
>>
>Hodgson and Coleman unironically placing hazard 3rd
>>
>>64861482
>they led by 9 points at one point iirc
you don't recall correctly

>lead nearly the entire year
Barcelona were in 1st place for 21 matchdays compared to 16 by Madrid. Once again, you do not recall correctly so please stop talking because you obviously don't remember what happened.
>>
>>64861548
sauce
>>
>>64861399
They lost because they horrifically choked the league away at the same time Barcelona went completely invincible mode

Madrid were steamrolling Spain and Europe for a few months and people were legitimately expecting them to get a treble, then it all collapsed for them
>>
>>64861584
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_La_Liga#Positions_by_round

And I just went through every result each team had in 14/15 La Liga and Real never led by more than 4 points
>>
>>64861584
http://www.statbunker.com/competitions/LeagueTable?comp_id=485&start_date=01-08-2014&end_date=14-02-2015&start_time=0&end_time=90

You can check La Liga table by date here. Madrid never led by more than 4 points
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is8TLIhysto
>>
>>64861918
Fuck him for spawning one of the worst normie memes ever

>hurrdurr ramos ball went to space how funni XD
it was almost as bad as Lord Heskey/Bendtner
>>
> neuer did not deserve it

Did buffoon revolutionize goalkeeping?
I think not.
Neuer deserves to be no.1 every year until he retires
>>
How did Pogba get in? He's been average as fuck
>>
>>64862075
>le neuer revolutionised goalkeeping meme
Valdes was doing this shit at Pep's Barca long before Neuer
>>
>>64862193
>implying based higuita wasn't the original meme sweeper keeper
>>
>>64861281
Los hasn't got a red card in ages nice to know u know shit
>>
>>64863964

Good for him, he's still prone to absolutely diabolical games too often like Southampton away and West Brom away this season.
>>
>>64861264
>best player in the world
>literally the main playmaker of the team that assraped everyone else during the year
>man marked almost every game
>won them the hardest tie(vs buyern) by himself
>the most studied and analyzed player of the world since 2009
>every defender knows every single one of his moves
>still manages to wreak havoc consistently
>he is now capable of taking control of games ala Iniesta

>decline
He has added a shitload of stuff to his game m8, and you are underestimating the fact that he has been on the spotlight for so long, of course he wouldn't be able to do the same stuff he did when he wasn't that well known.
>>
>le get caught out of position and make up for it with a unconventional tackle man
>>
The sad thing is in 20 years time, people are gonna look back on all these awards and think Ramos is one of the GOAT defenders.
>>
>>64864321
>fedoras and I rate ramos threads in 2030
>>
>>64864327
>you will still be on 4chan in 14 years time

if so please put a bullet in my head
>>
>>64854824
I was amazed that he didn't even try to tackle-block Suarez shot on the first goal in 0:4. If you look at replays he was fairly close to him.
>>
its called popularity and bribes my friend
>>
>>64858760

what is going on in this pic
>>
>>64863997
Makes a mistake fucking everyone makes them, Ramos is more like luzi then kos but your into the memes too much
>>
>>64864380
But he scored a goal one day m8
>>
his beard lad
>>
You people are really underrating him, he's fast, strong, great at headers both in defense and attack, not useless with the ball at this feet, and a tireless worker, he literally never runs out of stamina.

It's true that he usually gets out of position, that's why he used to be a RW, honestly he's probably dumb, he just needs a proper CB to help him with positioning but othewise he's a beast and def one of the best defenders in the world, Maldini approved.
>>
>>64861658
>>64861865
Canadian anti barca faggot BTFO
>>
>>64864599
The Atletico centerbacks are one level above him, yet he keeps getting these trophies. Don't you find it a little odd?
>>
>>64864599

>tireless stamina

m8 that is his only saving grace, if he could read the game (positioning) then he wouldnt have to run as much as he does now

ramos a shit
>>
>>64864599
Workrate babbys like him and Xavi at one point become complete shit, and that point is getting to Ramos
>>
>>64864503

>his opinion differs to mine
>his opinion is a meme

enjoy throwing away another title challenge because of oafish individual errors by your defence
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.