[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every team has bandwagon fans when it gets good, that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: Seattle_Seahawks.jpg (153 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Seattle_Seahawks.jpg
153 KB, 1365x1024
Every team has bandwagon fans when it gets good, that's a fact. Why does this team's fans get so much hate, though?

Is it the 12 shit?
>>
File: us94%ers.png (99 KB, 1197x846) Image search: [Google]
us94%ers.png
99 KB, 1197x846
>Us 94%ers
>>
>>64839765
We've established they've had a significant uptick in fans.

My question is why they're so bad.
>>
>>64839943
>94% increase

There's a difference between uptick of fans and literally doubling your viewership
>>
>>64839963
Sure, but why does that make their fans the worst? Sheer volume allowing mass amounts of idiots in?
>>
>>64839943
Because it makes people who support bad teams angry that they'll never enjoy the success the Seahawks have had the past few years ever. They keep supporting their team and get shit. The people in Seattle are more fairweather fans than anything. They haven't had a team as good as the Seahawks in quite some time. So if you're some butthurt fan of a shitter team like the Bengals, you shit on their fans to get some satisfaction.
>>
>>64840026
Ah, so it's like a guy who works two jobs a day just to feed his family looking at his far inferior friend who has won the lottery talking about how easy life is.

I get it.
>>
So am I suppose to apologize because my barista and the old asian lady who does my hair start watching?

>we've been to back to back superbowls

If we go to the next we will have been to four superbowls in 10 years. Deal with it.
>>
The fail mary is when the seahawks fan hate really exploded
>>
>>64839539
>Why does this team's fans get so much hate, though?
I think a lot of it has to do with a few select defense players that like to run their mouths. Richard Sherman for the last few years loved to start shit with players and generally that would earn you the ire of most people minus the your fans.

As a Cardsfag I don't like the Seahawks but Russel Wilson and Lynch are two great humble players that are hard to dislike.
>>
>>64844422
>I'm not OP
Thanks NFCW bro, knock the shit out of the packers!!
>again
I think you beat them by 21+
>>
>>64839765
I love that chart. Proves us 12s didn't team hop, literally just new NFL fans.

Only hipsters complain when their hobby gets more popular
>>
>Go to a bowling/arcade place yesterday
Group of black people playing pool near us
Watching GB VS Was
"Man I ain't playin in no negative zero degree weather."
Brother: "Did that guy just say negative zero?"
Me: Gives him an Are You Serious look.
>>
File: 6-jacob-green-de_pg_600.jpg (238 KB, 1280x1745) Image search: [Google]
6-jacob-green-de_pg_600.jpg
238 KB, 1280x1745
Having to hear they stole it from Texas A&M from every A&M grad ever.
>>
>>64846059
>can't interpret below zero from negative zero
>shocked when others use incorrect terminology
your like people who correct grammar
>>
As someone who's been a Seattle fan since Shaun Alexander was the dopest RB in the league, it pains me to see the meme that we've become lately. To the point where I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm a Seattle fan anymore.
>>
>>64846168
Probably healthy to remind yourself that literally none of this matters whatsoever. It's literally young men getting paid to play sports. It should not cause you pain when other people are entertained by this.
>>
>>64846168
It's rude to wear your fedora indoors.
>>
File: 1438538311609.jpg (370 KB, 2048x1391) Image search: [Google]
1438538311609.jpg
370 KB, 2048x1391
>Seattle
>>
>>64846384
yet oddly enough that's not a mac
>>
even THIS season you never see seattle threads unless they've won a game. jesus christ most fair-weather shit I've ever seen.

obviously jealousy is a factor, but being this shamelessly bandwagon is fanning the flames
>>
Let's put it this way. There is a reason why the Supersonics moved. Unless their team is doing well they don't watch or support their teams. The Browns, a team that is eternally crap, has more fans on average watching than seahawks fans.
>>
>>64846384
Is it bad that I only know what one of those logos is? It's Tumblr
>>
>>64846168
Why do you care so much about people who care about other people who like a certain sports team for any number of reasons?
>>
>>64846736
No you're doing good things with your life anon.
>>
>>64846168
>I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm a Seattle fan anymore.
This is why we hate you faggots.
>>
>>64846804
If he gets embarrased to be a fan then he isn't a fan.

That's why even though they are a shit team I like browns fans. Like me - regardless of the bullshit going on they stay loyal and optimistic that their team will win, however unlikely that may be.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 720x529
>>64846059
>Me: Gives him an are you serious look
This is why your a faggot
>>
>>64839539

A combination of the internet + babby's first owl

New Orleans fans were worse than Seattle fans IMO, hell remember when we (/sp/) cheered on Lynch's beast mode play? It was glorious.
>>
>>64845950
Logic'd
>>
>>64839765
So all the
Titans,
Giants,
Jets,
and Raiders
fans became Seahawk fans???

Makes since... They are just bandwagon fans anyways... they are NY'ers and Raider nation...
>>
File: bandwagon2.jpg (90 KB, 720x475) Image search: [Google]
bandwagon2.jpg
90 KB, 720x475
Go Hawks!!
>>
File: Football team.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Football team.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
Born in Seattle in 1975.
Seahawks fan since 1976
>>
Because it wasn't even 10 years ago the Seahawks were in the Super Bowl. Then the fanbase virtually disappears overnight for a couple bad seasons, only to reappear again on the rebound. Then top of that, before winning against the Broncos, all these newfound fans were whining constantly about the previous Super Bowl that they didn't even watch. After they won, well you've seen what it's been like.

Instead of getting defensive about it, just accept that's the way it is. You're the worst when it comes to recent bandwagoning. It could be worse. At least you don't have a reputation of being dirty, like Philly and Bengal fans, or being completely delusional about your team's credibility, like Patriot fans.
>>
>>64839539

Don't understand desu, Americans are like this every where no matter what team. Americans franchises are there to make money and they know that. However, when the "business" starts turning a profit, they get resentful (why?). When the business starts growing (more fans = customers) they become resentful. There is this feeling of "I have been a customer longer than you, so you don't belong" towards "band wagoners".

In reality, every franchise and the league itself wants as many "bandwagoners" (read customers) as possible. All about $$$.

The league is a shallow entity that really uses "loyalty" to milk you for money, employing typical business tactics. The worst of these is the franchise relocation. The fact that nfl owners literally take "your" team and move it somewhere else cause you don't show up enough (read not enough customers) should tell you why it exists.

This I think is the greatest example of doublethink in the American publics mind.

*complain about too many commercials and too much shit ruining football*
>"tough luck, sports entertainment is a business that's here to make money, deal with it!"

*franchise moves cause not enough customers*
>"but but I was so loyal! How dare they! I named my kid Curt Warner cause I was so loyal! Don't the evil owners care?"
>>
>>64847526
There have been Seahawks fans on /sp/ literally say "It's spelled Kurt Warner"
>>
>>64839539
>Is it the 12 shit?
yes it is. after their superbowl win the number 12 became annoying.

remember they scored the safety in superbowl final after 12 seconds, halftime kickoff return TD, too. and so on. people went crazy with this 12 shit
>>
>>64846736
Jon tron and gravity falls are pretty good though
>>
>>64844223
this

being a Packers fan this is when my hate increased for them 94% ... and then last year happened.
>>
>Team A's fans abandon and hop onto better team when Team A does shit
>"WOW WHAT A BUNCH OF BANDWAGON FAGGOTS"
>Team A's fans stick around and cheer for Team A even when they aren't doing well at all
>"HAHAHA WHAT A BUNCH OF BANDWAGON FAGGOTS"

Which one is it?
>>
>>64839539
>Every team has bandwagon fans when it gets good, that's a fact

Not when it's a Philly team
>>
File: 3rc9jb.jpg (19 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
3rc9jb.jpg
19 KB, 310x310
>>64847610
>>
>>64847759
For fucking real
>>
File: 1445307163999.png (89 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1445307163999.png
89 KB, 500x600
>>64847759
everyone hates us, feels good man
except, you know, all the losing
but it'll get turned around, maybe
>>
>>64839539
>Is it the 12 shit?

Yes, it is the 12 shit. Someone please post that "who's going to the game" screencap from Reddit...
>>
Panthers have the worst bandwaggoners
overall worst fans are bungles
>>
Because everyone I've met from Seattle has been an insufferable cunt. There's a difference between city pride and the delusional obsession pnw hipsters have with their faggy region.
>>
>>64848149
You're confusing hate with disgust. How can you hate perennial losers?
>>
>>64847095
When was that?
>>
>>64848588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P6TwZlh6A
>>
>>64848149
When people still hate you when you're a perennial loser, that's doesn't speak well for your city and fanbase.
>>
File: 1451073750597.png (537 KB, 492x592) Image search: [Google]
1451073750597.png
537 KB, 492x592
FFFFIIIIGHHHHTTT
>>
>>64847759
>rfw I'll never vomit on a child and throw batteries at Santa Claus
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>64848734
AND WIN
>>
>>64848788
COME ONNNNN SEATTTTLE
>>
>>64839765
No idea what this chart means
>>
>>64848734
What's up with that dudes eyes?

Looks like Paul Bearer.
>>
>>64848848
Changes in viewership over 4 seasons based on a percentage of people in each teams market viewing games.
>>
>>64839765
I bet the Chief's decline from 2013 is due to the 5 shit-tastic games they played during the MLB Postseason
>>
>>64848672
Wow what the fuck? This happened?
>>
>>64839539
The bandwagon has grown at the same time as social media and a lot of the act obnoxious and generically.
>>
>>64845950
This. Call Seattle a fairweather city all you like, but the legions of "fans" crawling out of the woodwork are at least coming out of the northwest. It's a large, unsaturated market that just didn't like the game much until recently.
>>
File: uspw_6876268__1_.jpg (573 KB, 1100x910) Image search: [Google]
uspw_6876268__1_.jpg
573 KB, 1100x910
if you go to back to back superbowls your going to get some additional fans no matter where you live. most of them are certainly fairweather. they are not the kind to hang out on /sp and its a lame insult spewed by the jealous.
Who wouldn't want to tune in and watch russell's magic? beast mode? a defense allowing fewest points allowed four years running.
>>
>>64844223
I disagree. I think it was the constant spamming of the board with US 12s threads that annoyed people.
>>
>>64853398
That only happened because /sp/ said the Hawks would be one and done in the play offs in the Superbowl year. They brought it on themselves.
>>
>>64853800
I will not accept your victim blaming.
>>
File: breesus.jpg (367 KB, 622x646) Image search: [Google]
breesus.jpg
367 KB, 622x646
>>64839765
>Tfw consistently at the top
Feels good knowing your team won't leave.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.