[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm willing to pay more taxes so they don't leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
Please :( It's like a huge part of our whole city is being ripped from us
>>
Who to root for now?
>>
>>64709930
First for CFB playoffs should've had Stanford instead of Overrated State desu
>>
Maybe others in your area don't feel the same way, friend.
>>
>>64710087
The San Diego Chargers of course. :^)

>Kroenke building L.A. stadium with or without NFL approval

>Regardless of whether the NFL’s 32 owners vote to allow the St. Louis Rams to move to Los Angeles, Rams owner Stan Kroenke has plans to go ahead with a multibillion-dollar stadium and entertainment complex in Inglewood, California.

>Inglewood Mayor James Butts told Inglewood Today that Kroenke and the city will move ahead on its plans for an NFL level stadium and entertainment venue — if not for the Rams, then for future World Cups, Olympics, award shows and other major events. The stadium is an addition to a planned mixed-use development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morning_call/2016/01/kroenke-building-l-a-stadium-with-or-without-nfl.html

>That means a couple of things.

>The Inglewood project does not need to wait around for a decision from the NFL or the other NFL owners before they can start construction.

>By building a better venue than the Carson stadium, and therefore stealing big events away from Carson (World Cup, Olympics, international soccer matches, etc.), Kroenke can rob (see: cuck) the Carson stadium project of much of its value.

>Due to Stan Kroenke's incredible wealth, he can build a stadium with the sole purpose of being spiteful and damning the Carson stadium's success. I'm not saying that's his sole purpose here, but at the very least it's a nice fringe benefit.

>In my eyes, the NFL would not risk playing in the second most impressive new NFL-level stadium in Los Angeles. That would be like forcing the Chargers to play their current home games at Chargers Park.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/1/5/10718984/stan-kroenkes-plan-to-win-the-race-to-los-angeles-rams-raiders-chargers-stadium
>>
>>64709930
>californians willing to give up more of their money to taxes
color me shocked
>>
>>64710186
But St. Louis is proposing the same thing
>>
lol okay NEET
>>
>>64710218
>same thing

Chargers: "Hey guys could we maybe please not have to play in an ancient stadium...?"
City of San Diego: "Hey could you guys maybe kiss my ass?"
>>
>>64709930
You're basically a cuck.
>>
Lifelong, diehard Chargers fan from Riverside County here. The fanbase in San Diego deserves this. You faggots have been a constant embarrassment with the blackouts and constantly being outnumbered in our own stadium. This is painful right now, especially since we have the least fan support in LA of the three teams trying to move there, but it's for the best in the long run. Go LA Chargers.
>>
>>64709930
>American sports team can literally change cities

What the fuck guys, that would be the weirdest shit ever here. A team called MK Dons basically did something similar in England and literally everyone hates them for it, the epitomy of a plastic club
>>
File: 1450741727486.jpg (165 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1450741727486.jpg
165 KB, 694x530
>>64709930
Are you seriously implying that anyone actually WANTS the Chargers? This is one of the worst sports franchises of all-time.
>>
>>64709930

People like you are the problem. You're so attached to a fucking football team you're willing to let taxpayers fund a stadium for a private corporations.

Its even more disgusting because the NFL makes like 40 zillion dollars a year.

How many homeless people are going to die or kids wont have school supplies or teachers are going to be laid off or a road wont be paved because people only like to root for a sports team in their geographic area?
>>
File: 1447212022952.png (108 KB, 425x437) Image search: [Google]
1447212022952.png
108 KB, 425x437
POOR lIL WHITE BOI

AHJ JAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cucked
>>
Seriously, everyone who was against TARP why aren't you up in arms over this? This is so much worse.

At least TARP was to prevent a economic collapse.
>>
>>64710526
Fuck off, the Chargers represent the city, we should be doing whatever we can to make the team stay.
>>
>>64710526
appeal to pathos harder please
>>
>>64710481
We still hate the ravens and colts tho.
>>
>>64710526
>NFL
>For profit
>>
>>64710344
and why the fuck should people pay for a rich as fuck NFL team's stadium?
>Americans
>>
>>64710087
Wherever Weddle goes
>>
rooting for the Chargers guilt free wherever they end up. I'm not changing teams because that's bandwagoning and I sure as fuck am not spending my Sundays in church
>>
For the fleecing of the public by billionaire sport teams to end, the Bluff must be called.

I'm sorry for Charger fans. Your loyalty deserves better. But to win, someone had to be sacrificed.
>>
>>64710360
Why? In my book, the cuck is the guy who still supports the team after it leaves the town it built its history in, as well as the fans who helped cultivate that history.
>Sure sweety, you can stay over at Leroy's house if you prefer. Just please let me know when you figure out when you're gonna be coming home, okay? I still love you. Would you like me to go put some gas in your car before you leave? And I don't know how well off Leroy is, so how about I jut make monthly deposits into your bank account so you can buy things you might need? No, no. Think nothing of it. My love for you is eternal.
OP just wants the team to stay. I don't see what about that makes him a cuck. At least he gives a shit and is demonstrating a sense of ownership of the team.
>>
>>64710460
No need to be mad at SD because you live in Riverside.
>>
>>64710500
He is, and I am, as well as every fan that went to welcome the team when it got back to the HQ on Sunday night to show at least the players how they are loved and wanted in SD. Did they do that in SL? Did they do that in Oakland? Quality of play doesn't matter to true fans. Loyalty to an organization should last as long as the organization's loyalty last to the fandom, but unfortunately this organization has shown how much loyalty it has towards the 75% of season ticket sales (-Fabiani) or business (-Dean Spanos) that comes from San Diego. Sorry 25%. You may think the distance between SD and LA is minimal, but only because you aren't from SD. This is a stab in the back, and one that deserves no further loyalty from the SD 75% if they move up the coast.
>>
Was a Cardinals fan when I was little and they moved to Phoenix. I was mad.

Been a Rams fan ever since their first game at Old Busch. Now the same shit might be happening again. I aint switching teams again. At least if your Chargers move they'll only be 100 miles up the road and still on your TV.
>>
File: ATLApeHoopFinal2.jpg (544 KB, 1200x1126) Image search: [Google]
ATLApeHoopFinal2.jpg
544 KB, 1200x1126
>>64709930

Do you guys not have a Hotel Tax to use for Stadiums? People think Atlanta's taxpayers are paying for the new stadium but it's all from hotel rooms visitors pay for.

>Soon
>>
>teams can just file for relocation if they want to

nice "sport" you have there
>>
>>64719710

>comparing american football to poverty ball

wake the fuck up. Not everyone wants to own an unprofitable team.
>>
>>64719681

>tfw I just renewed my season tickets for the last year at the Dome
>tfw I have two seats waiting for me at the new stadium

Fuck it's good to have money.
>>
>>64719681
There is a Tourism tax, but it's not used to the same extent as it is used in many other metropolitan areas with professional sports teams and venues for them. Oddly enough, there was an attorney who filed a law suit against hotelier who agreed upon an increase in that tax without putting it to a vote. Even more oddly is the fact that the same attorney has put together a citizens initiative by bringing together all parties with financial interests in San Diego that often conflict, receiving endorsements by most of them, and is currently collecting signatures to get it on the ballot this November. His big deal is everything being done democratically, and therefore passed by a popular vote as opposed to a back room deal. That also happens to be why his initiative primarily increases the tourism tax more than anything else, and prohibits expenditures of that increased tax income on the construction of a new stadium. While that might seem problematic, up until the attorney decided to target the November ballot instead of the May ballot, the representative of the Chargers vowed that if they didn't get LA that it would be the means to a new stadium they'd work with as it being a citizens initiative excludes it from falling under the purview of the bulk of California environmental policy. On top of that, the attorney has said that there would be nothing prohibiting another initiative that did allocate part of the increased tourism tax towards the construction of a new stadium, and that the prohibition built into his is simply there to prevent it being allocated in any manner that didn't get approval from the public first and foremost.
>>
>>64713752
Because owners are stingy fucks britfag
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6466508 .
>>
>>64710526
Who gives a fuck, out society is collapsing in under 15 years guaranteed.

Only when people are tasting their own blood will they realize we need to step our game up as a society and as a species.
>>
>>64719634
Oakland/Raider fans in general shown more love to their team than any other team

I can vouch for them as a ninerfan I've seen the shit a raider fan has to go through the moment they take their seat in o.co. SD doesn't deserve but I don't think LA even needs a team
>>
Chargers fags deserve it desu

I live in Murrieta and have to hear your faggoty fans come up here to Temecula to drink themselves to death after every game

>I just come here for the vineyards maaan

and they are plastered walking down Ynez
>>
File: Seattle_SuperSonics_logo.png (81 KB, 307x325) Image search: [Google]
Seattle_SuperSonics_logo.png
81 KB, 307x325
>>64709930
Do you need to be held?
>>
>>64710460
>we
>>
Hello, God? This is spoopy again. You know, the Broncos fan.

I know I asked for you to destroy San Diego a lot in my life, but not like this. Please take back my wish and keep the Chargers in SD.

Then fuck with the stadium while they play. Maybe an earthquake, I donno. You da man.

Regards, spoopy doo.
>>
baka desu senpai cuck
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.