[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else on /sp/ an amateur scout? If so, am I alone in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 3235129.jpg (54 KB, 1024x528) Image search: [Google]
3235129.jpg
54 KB, 1024x528
Is anybody else on /sp/ an amateur scout? If so, am I alone in thinking that Vernon Hargreaves III is the best CB prospect since Terrance Newman?

>instinctual
>playmaker
>tough
>not afraid of any competitor
>if his measurables aren't exaggerated, a fine size (though not ideal in today's NFL)
>consistently produced since he was a freshman, in the best conference in the college football world
>>
tfw no one else likes to evaluate college football prospects for fun
>>
>>64566797
>Spending most of your time scouting draft picks for free
>>
>>64566838
Well nobody is gonna fuckin hire me. It's fun, why wouldn't I do something for free if I hated iT?
>>
>>64566797
I can't attest to him being the best prospect since Newman, but definitely one of the better ones since 2011 (really when I started being able to watch players from an unbiased/scouts perspective). Personally, I liked Jason Verrett more even though his size was a huge knock on him - his man coverage in college was perfect. I can't think of Hargreaves without remembering his game against Amari Cooper last year where he got torched, but also considering Cooper is now doing that to Pro Bowl caliber corners. The only other corner I'd put close to Hargreaves is Marcus Peters. I think Peters was actually the better player in college but VH3 has the superior measurables, plus he comes without the temper tantrums If I had to rank who I thought were the best CB prospects of the last few years (before they hit the NFL) it would go
1. Verrett
2. Hargreaves
3. Peters
4. Gilbert
5. Ramsey
6. Trufant
7. Alexander
[Power Gap]
8. Rhodes
9. Claiborne
10. Milliner
>>
>>64566797
you mean Ronald Darby?
>>
>>64566835
Im interested in this thread anon as i share many similar interests although I'm not really up to speed on this ysars draft bc internet situation jas been phone only for 2 weeks

Catch a nigga up fampai
>>
>>64568137
QBs and WRs suck, D-tackle and DB are stacked, 2 future busts at RB
>>
>>64566797
>Terrance Newman
Literally who?
>>
I do a little amateur scouting for basketball mostly. Pretty happy that I predicted D'Angelo Russell would bust hard. Still time will tell.

I honestly prefer football more, but it's much harder to evaluate. How can you gauge a CB on TV? Half the time they are off the screen. Also Hargreaves didn't look that great against Bama this season. Jourdan Lewis on Michigan is the best corner, imo.
>>
>>64567176
>Verrett
>tfw he is rotting in the dumpster fire that is San Diego
>tfw he will never be able to stay healthy as long as he has their horrid medical staff looking at him
>>
>>64569289

>Jared Goff
>not the next Brett Farve

Kid is a phenom. His vision and touch are well beyond most nfl prospects of the last decade.
>>
>>64566797
Jalen Ramsey is better. VH is a great CB in a division of poor QB play.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.