[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soccer Improvement thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: soccer-ball.png (160 KB, 445x355) Image search: [Google]
soccer-ball.png
160 KB, 445x355
Change some rules to soccer. How would you improve it?
>>
falling on top of the ball to force a decision should always result in a yellow whether there was a foul or not
>>
Soccer on scooters
>>
Make it more like hockey. Players have to sit out 8 minutes or somethin for each foul they commit. Obviously also have one or two more refs, so they can see the front and back of each interaction.

Hockey in general is just run really well I think. And, as we saw with the overtime change this year, they're not afraid to mix it up. It's a continuous-play sport like soccer.
>>
Ban all Americans
>>
More commercial breaks
Digital logos all over the pitch
More fat rednecks
>>
THIS PASS WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY SPRITE
>>
>>64532853
Women have to wear lingerie. This includes doctors, supporters, executives, dignitaries, etc.
>>
You are allowed to carry the ball by holding on to it with your teeth.
>>
Giant ball.
All people are replaced with trucks.
>>
>make it 80 mins
>remove net
>make the posts a few yards higher than the crossbar
>you can pick it up (and throw it backwards)
>make the ball oval
>full contact tackling
there I fixed it
>>
MULTIBALL
>>
no world cups outside europe, no non-european nations in european competitions
>>
>>64532926
also no foreigners in national teams
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>64532896
pretty sneaky, /rug/
>>
maybe not a rule change as such, but defenders shielding the ball out of play sometimes pisses me right the fuck off.

I think, if the ball is deemed to be in the defenders control, then they are allowed to position themselves between ball and opponent to see it out, but sometimes if, say, a forward knocks the ball past a defender the defender still gets away with a ridiculous bodycheck, grapple or push in shepherding the ball out despite it being more of a 50-50. It's a rule that heavily favours the defender if the ball has sufficient weight that it's going to go out for a gk/throw in since they can block off a forward with no intention of playing the ball yet the forward. who is going for the ball to play a cross/pass, is more often than not penalised for the merest of touches on a defender in order to get to the ball. Absolute bullshit rule at times.
>>
Hawkeye that can detect deliberate diving.
>>
Penalty box replaced with penalty semi-circle
>>
>>64532631
No Americans/Canadians
>>
release a tiger every 20minutes until there is a goal
>>
Make it compulsory for players to play until they are 50.

Fuck off with you early retiree pundit faggots. Yes you, Savage, you mong. Let's see you fly in with your studs now.
>>
File: 1451202217253.png (1 MB, 983x779) Image search: [Google]
1451202217253.png
1 MB, 983x779
Coaches are given 5 landmines that they place before the match, and also a rocket launcher to use during the match as they see fit
>>
>>64533164
Based Syrian Rules
>>
I'd start by raping your mother/sister
>>
>>64532863
Wouldn't be bad.
>>
Make the field smaller, either by one-half or one-third.
>>
Remove the amerilards
>>
Eliminate offsides. Worst rule in sports.
>>
Crack down severely on fake injuries.

Most absurd thing in soccer.
>>
Allow camera ref
Ref has to explain his decisions to the crowd like they do in rugby
Money should be distributed more honestly to create better competition
Add a wildcard, that is one player in the team who is swapped with another wildcard every 5 matches
>>
>>64532826
Dis
>>
Get rid of American "ultras"
>>
>>64532826
>>64533757
these
>>
0 league points for a 0-0.
1 league point for home team 2 points for away team in a drawn game.
3 points for a win.
>>
>>64532631
Backfield violation just like backcourt violantion on basketball
>>
>>64533775
>2 points for away team in a drawn game.

Fuck no. You're just asking for teams to park to bus. Just get rid of a point for a draw entirely.
>>
busparking in certain time will get penalty eg: their goals from set pieces wont count or only count if they scores from open play and the set piece goal will count as tiebreaker
>>
>>64532631
Ban americans from attending matches, posting about it and making suggestions on how to improve something that they cannot understand/comprehend

Tbqhwy
>>
Allow fighting i.e. Furpuck.

No offsides

Regulation a shit

Draft Draft Draft picks Draft

Salary cap
>>
Ban the USSF from FIFA and let their make their own bastard version of football no one else in the world will play.
>>
>>64533738
this
>>
>>64534282
>no offsides
>long balls all day to big centre forwards who hang in the goulmouth

noooooo
>>
>>64534314
>Let the American investors pull out of every league to go back home and make money
>Let povertyball return
Don't you have a 7-1 thread to cry about?
>>
The only thing soccer needs is a two point line. Like any good American the only time I ever cared about soccer was when I played a lot of FIFA in college, and we would always go for the long range goals because they were cool as fuck. It was more exciting watching my friends play FIFA than actually watching a real soccer game lmao.

90% of goals in soccer are just a bunch of dink passes around and then someone taps it into the 3 mile wide goal with no chance of the keeper saving it. It's boring as fuck. Compare this to American sports where nearly every game you will see a towering homerun blast, long TD pass, or furpuck snipe. There is simply no excitement in soccer.
>>
>>64534535
:::::::::::::::::::::::^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>64534525
>tfw Bob Kraft wants a team
>>
>>64534525
don't you have your batstick, apehoop, lardcollide containment generals to return to where you can hide your embarassing posts?
>>
>>64534616
Don't you have an economy to ruin?
MONEY WINS, EUROPOOR
O
N
E
Y

W
I
N
S

E
U
R
O
P
O
O
R
>>
>>64532631
Remove offside law, prepare for glorious end-to-end counter attacks and encourage goal-hanging

:^)
>>
Goal is half the size the keeper can't use his hands or arms.
>>
Allow the GKs to use their hands in both PK boxes.
>>
Multiball
>>
>>64532631
nothing to fix, literally the best sport in the world. ;^)
>>
add monstertrucks
>>
>>64532631
No pk shoot outs. Just keep adding balls until some one scores.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.