[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does a yank get into football/soccer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: 1374484363727.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1374484363727.png
5 KB, 645x773
how does a yank get into football/soccer?
>>
Start sucking cock.
>>
>>64458129
Just watch the EPL as any other American.
>>
bandwagon some epl team
>>
Start crossdressing. If you like it you'll probably like soccer
>>
by being born surrounded by a culture where everything relates to football, from mentioning a club in class when you're 5 and everyone screams or boos, to spending your teen years thinking and breathing football like it's the last thing you'll ever need in life.

or just support whatever club david beckham is in.
>>
Don't, unless you like to be incredibly bored 24/7/365.
>>
By becoming a supporter of Schlake 04
>>
>>64458214
If Portugal cares so much about football why aren't they good at it?
>>
Hop on the Leicester City Bandwagon.

Don't listen to the other cucks in this thread. It's entertaining and fun to watch.
>>
>>64458129
Look at your national team, some of them are in european teams or used to be in them

Bam, now you can choose what teams to bandwagon
>>
Watch Match of the Day for a few weeks. It's a highlights program that airs every Saturday night on the BBC.
>>
well if you want to follow every single American on the Internet, you need to be an Arsenal fan

they're just bad enough so you won't get accused of being a bandwagoner and just good enough to win most of their games so you feel good about yourself
>>
>>64458330
Portugal have gotten to the final 4 of the world cup and been in the final of the European championships in recent years....better than America in that same time frame m8
>>
>>64458380
Portugal also cares a lot more about football than the US. Also they knocked us out twice.
>>
>>64458129
go to europe every summer to learn the ways
>>
>>64458129
Support Liechester City
>>
>>64458129
Star at the very bottom. Learn. Then rise to the top. So start with a plastic club like Chelsea or City then make your way up to a proper club with a huge committed, global fan base and a rich history, like Liverpool or Arsenal or Man U
>>
build the wall motherfucker and then leave my country
>>
OP here. Are there any teams that have black/white/silver team colors? I'm a big fan of that color combination, I cheer for the San Antonio Spurs in basketball because they have those colors, and the L.A. Kings in hockey and Oakland Raiders in American football for the same reason.

I know this is autistic but I'm 100% serious. Are there any clubs with those colors? Idc if they're a shit team.
>>
just find a team that conveys your emotions/political views and watch it?

what is difficult about it
>>
>>64458596
Newcastle
>>
>>64458596
Newcastle

Chelsea's away kit is black and white too

Leicester's away is black and white I believe as well?

But yeh newcastle is your best bet, and they're playing in 20 minutes
>>
>>64458596
Tottenham are a good choice, they will never be relegated and have a chance at winning things, but aren't too good so you won't look like a bandwagoner. Their nickname is also the Spurs so works well.
>>
>>64458596
This >>64458678

Ignore the memesters saying Newcastle, their fans are all totally obnoxious and their team is terrible this year.
>>
honest question
How does a typical football season start and end? The closest I got besides MLS is LigaMX but I heard MLS is different from European football schedules and my father and I rarely if ever talked about LigaMX.
>>
>>64458703
August-May
>>
>>64458703
August to May mostly, with a July preseason.
>>
>>64458703
europe it starts in the middle of the year and lasts 9-10 months.
>>
>>64458596
This is how women choose teams. Post ass.
>>
>>64458714
And what is their version of playoffs? How does that work? How does one become the best in their league and crowned champ?
>>
>>64458703
There's no playoff system in soccer, just a league round robin with a game home and away. In its place there is an entirely seperate knockout only cup competition in each country, and on top of that there is a Europe wide competition called the Champions League that you have to finish well in your national league to qualify for, which is the most prestigious of the lot.
>>
>>64458703
after last final game it ends
>>
>start watching big name teams
>follow along with match threads

just evolves from there m9, you're in for a treat
>>
File: 1432565110168.jpg (13 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
1432565110168.jpg
13 KB, 248x233
>>64458678
>Tottenham
>have a chance at winning things
>>
>>64458757
But they do, they've won cup competitions recently and had a CL run that was fun to watch. Given how badly everyone is shitting the bed this year they'll probably qualify this year too.
>>
>>64458728
1st at the end of the seson is champion, no playoffs

bottom 3 teams get relegated to lower division

positions 1-4 qualify for champions league in europe.

5th and 6th place qualify for europa league
>>
>>64458770

>be new fan of sport
>expect his new team to have a "fun" CL run and win a league cup from decade to decade
>>
1. Find a team you like
2. Support it
3. Don't give a shit about people who yell 'LE BANDWAGON LE LE LE', contrary to what you hear on here, nobody cares about those people
>>
>>64458822
It was the best answer to his question lad, given his stipulations. No easy choices for a bandwagon team now anyway, 5 years ago Arse was the obvious choice but Wenger will be leaving any year now and they might well go full Liverpool at that point.
>>
>>64458129
watch match of the day
>>
>>64458129
Don't waste your time mate. MLB and NBA are far more entertaining and superior sports than football. I only regret that I only got into US sports the last few years. Been loving Golden State Warriors this season, going to try and see a game next year when I visit.
>>
go to mexico
>>
>>64458832
Fuck off dutch city bandwaggoning cunt. Disgusting shitskin
>>
>>64458842

im not your "lad"
>>
>>64458958
Don't call me lad, buddy!
>>
>>64458129
Please don't
>>
>>64458129
Don't
>>
>>64458998
>>64459006
fond the cucks
>>
File: 11553425-large.jpg (64 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
11553425-large.jpg
64 KB, 618x416
>>64458596
LEICESTER AWAY KIT

I'm sorry, but did the Foxes already drop from first place? Oh, that's right. The season isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only December. Does losing to Liverpool while maintaining first place count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when Leicester is still first? The Foxes still have plenty of games left and they have been the best team in the 'E'PL for how many weeks now? They just played one of the worst teams in the '''E'''PL who just happen to have a got a win because they're feeding off the energy of a 2-2 draw against West Brom. But you know what? They still fucking suck. Leicester are one of the best fucking teams in the Premier League, they went 11-8-19 last year and would of won the Premier League if Pearson spent his time coaching his players instead of chocking them. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when Leicester wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Leicester practically won their next game already because they only have to play Manchester City -- an Eredivisie team no less, Are you fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Foxes topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
watch liverpool and experience that liverpool feel m8
>>
Watch your local MLS team first and the US National team.. then maybe go for a team in Europe.
>>
>>64458129
Be socially awkward and unable to fit in with the people around you so you try to adopt European mannerisms with a false hope that the people across the sea will accept him. They wont.
>>
First off you really can't just "get into" football, you've really gotta soak it up like a sponge, learn the chants, learn the atmosphere. Spend a few summers in Europe and really learn the trade then you can come back and do chants for your local club, perhaps even being able to lead chants if you get good enough at finding out what songs at what times produces results for the club.
>>
File: 1450475514741.jpg (272 KB, 1000x1054) Image search: [Google]
1450475514741.jpg
272 KB, 1000x1054
>>64459179
And always carry the pink pony toy. The pink pony toy is really important.
>>
>>64458129
play football manager
>>
>>64458129
by killing himself
>>
>>64458129
Find the nearest cock and start sucking it.
>>
>>64458170
t. Albert "Praise be unto Jebus" McBarboson
>>
>>64458129
Hipster team - Leichester.

Winning team - Barcelona.
>>
Usually it's some beta male college guy trying to get in on foreign exchange girls vjj. He's trying to fit in and never was good at other sports so soccer is moot.

That's usually it. I've tried watching soccer. No way, fuck that shit. Baseball is bad. Basketball too many points. So nfl and mma
>>
Change your name to Kaitlyn and become a "woman".
>>
Watch match of the day when it's out later today, watch some games, lurk threads, play FIFA/Pro Evo and Football Manager.
>>
step 1: slurp semen
>>
Teach them to enjoy grown men jogging around on a field for 90 minutes. 1-0 USA good game. If other players touch it is a penalty. No rough housing. Sometimes guy grab each other's dicks and asses to piss their opponents off. If they get away with it, it is applauded. If someone shoves you, shoving them back is seen as rebellious and edgy. Occasionally players will run real fast then kick the ball. That is exciting
>>
Have him give his father a blow job.
That's about a soccer game of torture
>>
>>64459978
fatass from the flyover town, usa detected
>>
Here step by step

1. Put a game on TV
2. Bring beers.
3. Bring pizza
4. Wrap pizza around your dick
5. Shove in his mouth
>>
Take him to a bar. When he's not looking pull your dick out and put it in his hand
>>
>>64459978

There is a certain banality to these types of posts.
>>
Take your dick out do it. Soccer games nextzz
>>
>>64458129
It's really not hard.

>browse /bundesliga/
>visit r/soccerstreams
>watch all the games
>find a team you especially enjoy watching play
>spend 400$ in online shopping on merchandise that will make you look autistic for a team whose coach's name you can barely pronounce

And you're set

I got lucky and had a cool German language professor to shoot shit with about games and watch them after class in one of the Humanities lounges with other humanities professors
>>
>>64460189
That's the idea. A soccer game is boring sport. Every fucking game 99% of the game is exactly the fuck same over and over and over again the same fucking shit

So take dick out
>>
>>64458129
You don't.
>>
>>64460258
>Every fucking game 99% of the game is exactly the fuck same

Yes, you can trivialize any sport to a nature such as this and find this comment valid. It's not an argument.
>>
File: i3OtXsk.png (177 KB, 630x526) Image search: [Google]
i3OtXsk.png
177 KB, 630x526
>>64459978

>11 minutes

>you will defend this
>>
>>64458129
1. Live in a city
2. Go to a soccer bar to watch the games (every city I've visited in the US has at least one)
3. Bandwagon whatever team is popular in the pub
>>
>>64460437
>Game action 11 minutes
>are you high or stupid
>guys running around getting in place to hit other players
>penalty plays
>plays where clock stopped (incomplete pass) and you still have guys running around
>bullshit retard stat
>>64460424
Soccer
>run
>kick
>head bunt
Unless you are goalie
>touch with arms

Every play ever summed up ever in soccer
>>
Do what I do op, bandwagon Bayern. They're not shit, not hipsters, and not Barcelona.

They also have the best memes.
>>
>>64460807
>No game concept at all
>Thinks it's a bunch of retards running
why can't you understand a fucking sport

>>64461120
>bandwagoning either Barça, Madrid or Buyern
>2015
>>
if a winner is declared in the end of the season by how many wins they have in total doesn't that erase the excitement ? A team can be 10 wins over everyone and able to lose their final 9 and still win the league .
>>
>>64458129
be a faggot
>>
File: >mfw.png (7 KB, 60x50) Image search: [Google]
>mfw.png
7 KB, 60x50
>>64461190
Better than EPL still right?
>>
>>64461197
Usually it's decided 2 or 3 games before the end of the season.

That's why german and french leagues suck so bad
>>
if I only care about memes what team should I support?
>>
>>64461197
True, it can be pretty much over a few games early, but this by no means always happens. And it's never over 10 games early - at least not in any league that anyone cares about.

On the other hand, every game matters throughout the season for teams trying to win the league. It's not like, say, the NFL, where you can lose a few as long as you go to the playoffs. The teams challenging for the league need to try to win every game.

Two different systems, both have pros and cons.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.