[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst season for RBs in NFL history? >4 1000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: LT would be ashamed.png (22 KB, 302x195) Image search: [Google]
LT would be ashamed.png
22 KB, 302x195
Is this the worst season for RBs in NFL history?

>4 1000 yard rushers through week 14

disgusting.
>>
>WAHHHH
>>
Do you guys think Murray is legit? I'm not entirely convinced
>>
>>64449936
It's a horrid season for injuries at all positions. Take away all the season ending injuries and there would be more. Rawls and Lynch of Seattle could both be there if not for injuries.
>>
>>64449936
in 2014, there were six players with 1000 rushing yards through 14 games
in 2013, there were nine
in 2012, there were twelve

going by this formula, next year there will be zero
>>
File: 1450945636936.jpg (29 KB, 480x561) Image search: [Google]
1450945636936.jpg
29 KB, 480x561
>>64449973
make it stop
>>
>>64449973
>>64449936

>implying it's not due to the proliferation of meme running QBs who are stealing yards from everyone else
>>
>>64449961
No he is not legit. He's a replacement running back. he wouldn't get 450 yard on the Patriots

and this is a fantasy football thread. I hope you feel bad
>>
>>64449961
No, the Dallas O-line is stacked.
>>
>>64449936
yeah and he still fumbles twice a game.

fuck all day. gets paid all that money and didnt produce shit.
fuck him and teddy. and the o line. in fact just start the entire offense over. cut all the players and fucking fire Norv Turner.
>>
>>64449989
then why is Johnathan Stewart 5th?
>>
>>64449969
Yeah it's been a very injury ridden season all around
>>
The Runningback-by-Committee meme literally killed all running backs unless they're too good to keep off the field.

Remember the Super Bowl where all of Walter Payton's TD opportunities got vultured? That's what the league has become.
>>
>>64449989
It's more due to the number of 4 down bell cow RBs being so low in college. Now all you get is pass blockers and route runners that are part of a rotation.
>>
>>64450032
I thought Murray and the Cowboys O-Line would save us. Why did he take the money guys? Why?
>>
>>64450024
lots and lots of garbage time
>>
>>64450043
Because they offered that money to Dez instead. They should have stuck with Murray.
>>
>>64450051
except he gets less usage the further the game gets out of hand. Rivera never tries to run the score up, he puts in backups as soon as it smells like its nearing that point. One of the reasons we can't stand his coaching. No knife-twisting.
>>
>>64449936
That's what happens when the NFL starts testing for HGH
>>
>>64450043
>>64450063
I'm glad he's gone. He's not the reason the team sucked, injuries are. His production in Philly, or lack thereof, shows his true talent. I hate to say this but, Jerry is getting better as far as personnel decisions. If Dez and Romo are healthy, they will be fine. Injuries just killed them this year.
>If
>>
>>64450051
>someone who never watches Carolina play.
Were not like new England, we don't unnecessarily run up the score when the game is in hand. Cam and starters have been taken out of the game before the 4th quarter against Atlanta, and Washington. We don't pad our stats.
>>
Adrian Peterson should have way more yards but Norv Turner is an idiot that tries make meme Teddy the center of the offense when he has the best back in the league.
>>
>Latavius
What kind of a fucking name is that
>>
>>64455185
>we're
>we
>>
>>64449969
Chris Johnson would have easily had 1000 if he didn't get hurt. He wasn't even the starter for the first few weeks. I'm sure Lynch would have 1000 if he wasn't hurt either. Gurley also missed a few weeks in the beginning of the year so he would have more yards. Stewart was on his way to a big day 2 weeks ago, but got hurt and didn't come back. The reason for so few 1000 yard rushers is teams are using the running back by committee a lot more. Also the fact that it has become a passing league over the past decade doesn't help RBs either.
>>
It's becoming a passing league and more and more teams are using a committee approach when it comes to RBs. It's much harder to reach 1k yards rushing when teams split carries between 2/3 backs
>>
>>64455338
Peterson alone is not going to win you big games. Teddy needs to get better.
>>
File: recieving list.jpg (66 KB, 751x545) Image search: [Google]
recieving list.jpg
66 KB, 751x545
here's receiving for comparison
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.