[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will it take for the Chargers to stay in San Diego? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
What will it take for the Chargers to stay in San Diego?

Why doesn't the league just move the Raiders and Rams? The Jets, Giants and Eagles all play within 100 miles of each other and no one is considering moving
>>
Taxpayer money
>>
>>64440769
why are SD taxpayers fucking morons?

Look at what happened in cities like Cleveland and Indianapolis when their stadiums were built -- instant economic activity.
>>
>>64440782
They think the county is immediately going to tell them to cough up $400M. People here have never heard the term "Municipal bonds". I can blame every problem of the short sighted denizens of SD on the beach I swear.
>>
File: 1358020007278.jpg (33 KB, 186x250) Image search: [Google]
1358020007278.jpg
33 KB, 186x250
>MFW SD is left with only the Padres
>>
>>64440782
SD/most of SoCal/most nice weather beach regions are super conservative, especially when it comes to taxes
>>
>>64441139
Sad shit is that almost everyone in SD wants to see the Padres move

They've never won anything or done shit for San Diego unlike the Chargers have
>>
File: 1412725648336.jpg (101 KB, 380x391) Image search: [Google]
1412725648336.jpg
101 KB, 380x391
>>64441160
>MFW The Padres move too and the only sport in the area is Tijuana cockfighting
>>
>>64441172
Aztecs football
I heard TJ's Liga MX team might be good
>>
>>64441160
Padres should move to NC, missing a mlb team
>>
>>64441179
Hopefully the Aztecs actually acquire a fanbase with the team being a rape machine this year.
>>
It's because nobody in that region really likes sports all that much, they prefer music and Hollywood bullshit and don't want to pay any taxpayer money for a meme team that never wins.

If you guys had the fanbase to support the team, you would have enough taxpayer support to get stadium bills passed. That's how it works. You don't deserve a team anymore.
>>
>>64441155
This

You'd be surprised on how SoCal actually fucks the Jews over half the time
>>
>>64441188
I would give anything to trade the Padres for Chargers

Padres games are fucking boring and boreball is a dying sport.
>>
>>64441160
Padres v Dodgers is a goat historic rivalry with banter from all sides

Chargers were never taken serious ever in the AFC west even with LT and they always got cucked by the raiders in the playoffs except the one year where the Broncos replaced us in cucking them and the one year they overachieved
>>
>>64441192
Does that mean Denver can get rid of the Rockies and use the stadium for outdoor hockey?
>>
>>64441192
East county San Diego is a Chargers church, people out there devote their everything to the Chargers, it just sucks that they get cucked because the city of San Diego, where the fairweather people are, get the first say in everything, and I'm from the city proper. And its pretty weird for us right now. As much as people want to support the team, nobody wants to give Spanos a penny. Our hands are pretty much tied.
>>
>>64441212
>boreball is a dying sport.

Bruh the playoffs/WS this year were more hype than ever.
>>
>>64441216
Dude boreball is trash. It's not entertaining and a waste of fucking taxpayer dollars unlike a Chargers stadium would be

The Chargers are the heart and soul of San Diego. The Padres are extra home games for beaner Dodger spics and Giants faggots

I was happy Tony Gwynn died, that piece of shit.
>>
>>64441227
I live in Poway. The Chargers mean just as much to people here as Church does
>>
>>64441262
>being this mad because your city will no longer have to fund a private billion dollar corp and get nothing in return but minimum wage jobs and a chance for its citizens to spend $2000 8 time a year

you should consider yourself lucky
>>
>>64441285
The Chargers aren't a corporation - they are the heart and soul of San Diego

Any true 760/858/619 resident knows that. It's not like the Raiders in Oakland where they stole a team from LA. The Chargers are part of our family

It's almost like a great uncle dying
>>
>>64441252
You shouldn't take anyone that calls baseball a dying sport serious

>grew up in Ann harbor , eventually Grand Rapids
>everyone in Michigan loves all Detroit teams
>except those upper faggots
>went to cleaveland in August
>had my tiger hat on while working with my dad
>we stopped by a gas station to get some drinks , some bystander told me "why would you cheer for the Tigers? aren't they bad this year? Isn't baseball dying?"
>all I said was they're my team from my state just like you'll cheer for the Browns
>what haha nah man I'm a steeler fan but I love the cavs
>>
File: 1448072838500.jpg (45 KB, 495x329) Image search: [Google]
1448072838500.jpg
45 KB, 495x329
>>64441318
>TFW stuck with the rookies
>TFW Buffs alum too
>>
>>64441308
>part of a $10 billion+ corporation that makes millions in profits every year
>make taxpayers pay multi-million dollars every year for the right to give more money to said corp
>cry when you're not being buttfucked by them anymore

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>64441318
Most San Diegans don't even know what the Padres are.

I would give up to 15% of my $6000/month paycheck to the chargers stadium efforts. We really shouldn't be supporting schools and minorities in Southeast anyways
>>
>>64441357
they're filtering cuck again?
>>
>>64441285
Don't forget Aztec games
and Holiday bowls
and Super Bowls
and concerts
and the QUALCOMM STADIUM USED CAR TENT SALE
and other events
and corporations who put offices in NFL cities. (which is a lot)

Stadiums generate money for the city. Its an investment, and we want to keep this tourism city on the map, Super Bowls will do that, and I can tell you that the NFL wants to be able to have Super Bowls in shiny sunny San Diego during the ass-crack of winter.
>>
>>64441368
wow.
filtering cucked but not cuck.
>>
>>64441385
damn.
filtering uppercase KEKED but not lowercase cucked?
>>
>>64441262
Holy shit you're depressing

I can easily generalize your city's fanbase from this post alone . No wonder you're getting cucked by a superior city AGAIN
>clippers failed in SD
Hurr basketball is a nigger sport
>finically stable for decades and finally a contender
>Padres and Dodgers starter the whole SDvLA banter between the two cities
Hurr baseball is a dying sport
>Padres are seen as contenders that fall short every year but still a good team
>chargers are leaving SD because the city and the fanbase can't read the fine print , in short they're fucking stupid
Noooo please don't go we a good fanbase
>constantly fanbases by nearly every fucking team show up more than you despite the horrible prices these people drove and flew hundreds of miles
>it got worse when raiders moved to LA which turned SD to another extra home game

SD is the most fairweather city in the nation behind you is Miami but even they won chips
How you fags even got a team is beyond me
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>64441308
>Oakland stealing the raiders
Wow ur dum
Kill urself idiot
>>
>>64440728
The Chargers are shit, the Spanoses are shit and have always been cheap, so nobody has any loyalty to them like any of the other teams. I don't give a fuck if the Chargers stay or go. That stadium is just taking up space and clogging a nice part of town.
>>
>>64441375
>and I can tell you that the NFL wants to be able to have Super Bowls in shiny sunny San Diego during the ass-crack of winter

pro-tip: as soon as san diego moves they will never play another superbowl in san diego.
>>
>Diegans claiming they're in the most need for a stadium

HAVE YOU EVEN FUCKIN BEEN TO THE OAKLAND COLISEUM
>>
>>64441424
>implying the chorgers won't come crawling back in 10 years after LA fails a team yet again

>>64441433
Its the owner and the NFL whining and complaining for a new stadium. The people in San Diego are attached to the Q, nobody wants it demolished.
>>
>>64441433
Seriously I never got this argument

SD just needs to renovate a few seats and change the horrible pricing

O.CO needs an entire revamp
Blow the fucking stadium and like a Phoenix build on top of its ashes ffs.
>>
>>64441413
>Padres
>contender

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. They're a fucking stain on the San Diego sports scene. There are more Liga MX fans than there are Padres fans in SD.

Fuck the Padres. They have NEVER EVER done anything for us and once Petco becomes old and decrepit, I will be excited for it to be demolished.

Ugly fucking sport with an ugly fucking stadium with stupid Spic players.
>>
Does anyone remember when the Browns played the Chargers and the Browns had as many fans in SD as the Chargers?
>>
Poor Charger fans being held hostage by billionaires
>>
>>64440728
>What will it take for the Chargers to stay in San Diego?

Spanos to not be a greedy moron.

He thinks he owns the Southern California market right now. So to ensure that his delusions still have a basis in reality he has to move to L.A. if any other team moves there.

Of course that's not how it actually works in real life but that's how he thinks it works.

If he would stop being retarded and realize that L.A. will never care about the Chargers and he has a good market in San Diego then everything else would work out.

But he's too stupid and greedy to accept that reality and is going to force the Chargers into L.A.
>>
>>64442246
Well its not like the city of San Diego has been bargaining in good faith either

Big time cities need big time sports teams. That's what the NFL does for us
>>
>>64441516
You can say that about several cities. There are Browns Backers everywhere.

But I get your point. San Diego loves their team, but they hate Spanos.
>>
>>64440728
The Chargers are gonna stay in SD
>>
American sports systems suck - in the NFL and NBA it's gonna be about getting these B/C level cities to fight each other over keeping NFL franchises all while schools and other major services get cut.

>teams with almost 60 years of history can up move overnight to a new city

>because there is no promotion/relegation there will never be a Leicester City like situation
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.