[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"enjoy the wine" what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Vaan-Gaaal[1].jpg (59 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Vaan-Gaaal[1].jpg
59 KB, 640x400
>"enjoy the wine"

what did he mean by this?
>>
INJOOI DE WAAIN JOE SHTUPID FOOL
>>
2deep4me
>>
Be quiet, enjoy the silence
>>
>>64416494
ALL I EVER WANTED, ALL I EVER NEEDED
>>
>>64416347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI
>>
>>64416347
"Enjoy the whine, for I, Louis I. "l'united, c'est moi" van Gaal feast upon the tears of the plastics bandwagoning the club I currently run into the ground. Cheers kankerenglanders!"
>>
he likes getting tipsy
>>
enjoy the wine, it's a special brand brewed following a special philosophee
>>
It's poison, he wants to rebuild the whole squad.
>>
with every loss, his nose sinks further and further into his face.
>>
wine. wine is made form grapes. In an old fable by Aesop, a hungry fox noticed a bunch of juicy grapes hanging from a vine. After several failed attempts to reach the grapes, the fox gave up and insisted that he didn't want them anyway because they were probably sour. So he was saying enjoy the sour grapes. I think in this case the grapes signify success.
>>
Press rooms have a small area at the back where there is a fridge, coffee machine and snacks for press.

In the festive spirit, Man U put out mulled wine and mince pies for this press conference. He was inviting them to enjoy the hospitality of the club as he made his departure.
>>
>>64418076

paddy pls
>>
>>64418076
>When life gives you grapes, enjoy the wine. - Louis van Gaal 2015
>>
>>64418078
How nice of him
>>
>>64418132
Thats pretty good actually
>>
>>64416507
Is here.......in my arms
>>
>>64416507
IS HEEEEEEERE IN MY AAAAARMS
>>
>>64416347
>what did he mean by this?
He had a bad day and wanted to get pissed
>>
what does blood looks like? wine

whose wine did the blood of jesus christ symbolize? wine.

he was alluding to jesus, but by speaking it himself, without explicity mentioning jesus christ, he was alluding to himself

he was comparing himself to jesus
>>
>>64416347
It's a reference to this.

'Drink, drink the wine! Lay down and sleep forever!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAR8eSrENM
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
279 KB, 1280x720
TRY THE WINE
>>
He meant
>go home lads this interview is over
>>
RED RED WINE
ITS UP TO YOU
ALL I CAN DO
IVE DONE
>>
Van Gaal was alluding to the Eucharist as in Jesus telling his disciples to drink his blood. He is willing to sacrifice himself and understands that this will be his last supper, as this is his last match before he is sacked. He also said enjoy the "mince pie" as in, they've made mince meat of him, a common expression about being devoured by someone, as they are willing to eat him (eat of my body) (John 6:54). It's ironic that he will be sacrificed (sacked) on the day after Christmas with the match on the 26th instead of Easter which would more accurately reflect the sacrament of the Eucharist and the Passion, but Van Gaal understands irony which only adds to the cleverness of the speech.
>>
MUH FILOSHOFEE
>>
>>64419693
tee hee
>>
ENJOY THE SILENCE
>>
>>64419203
>he was comparing himself to jesus
well the press are out to crucify him.
>>
>>64419693
top kek - epic

clockwork orange, makes about as much sense as being a football manager in Manchester at the moment.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.