[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the owners want to take our team away?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
Why? I don't get it. What did we do wrong?

Why don't we as the taxpayers just give Spanos what he wants? We can afford both roads/schools and a new stadium. It's such a stupid argument.

We're having our civic heart being ripped out of us
>>
You didn't show up to the games. The NFL wants to appear relevant.
>>
>people care about the chorgers

How does it feel knowing you will be forever a failure, just like your team?
>>
LEAST YOU STILL GOT THE PADRES AHAHAHA GET FUCKED FAGGOT.
>>
>>64402934
if you gave a fuck about the team you home games wouldn't be filled with 40% fans of the other team
>>
>what did we do wrong?
No one cared enough to fill the stadium, no one cared enough to take the tax hit and pay for a new stadium. I feel bad for Chargers fans but the city did literally nothing except hold up signs saying "please don't go" and complain to politicians who's interest in sporting venues are at the very bottom of their to-do list.
>>
you'll get them back as soon as Los Mexicanos gets bored of them.

LA can never keep a team long term. They won't support a bad team like other cities will. The NFL is obsessed with LA strictly because of the amount of people living there. They see it as $$$$$$. What they forget is 70% are beaners watching Mexican soccer on Telemundo and the other 30% are useless celebrities/rich people who really dont care that much about sports except if they are good.

Even the invincible Lakers have had their support diminish after a couple mediocre seasons. LA is the worst sports city in the country, because its inhabited by the worst most fickle bandwagoners.
>>
Just riot all over the USA until the franchise-system fall. lal
>>
>>64402997
>>64402983
>>64403008
smelly LA faggots detected. go mow my lawn you fucking spics
>>
>>64403008
That was literally just THIS YEAR. In the mid-2000s, the stadiums were always full of Chargers fans

Send back the Raiders. Their home games are even worse than ours
>>
>janny deleted my post
did i hurt your feelings you fat beaner?
>>
You fags are just like Seattle with the Sonics. Didn't give a shit about your team until it's too late. Should have gone to the games.
>>
>>64403266
We DID go to the games until this year. SD had the best homefield advantage in all of California until Spanos decided to fuck us.

Everyone wants the Raiders to go home
>>
>>64403283
Obviously you didn't or they wouldn't be moving. See how that works?
>>
>>64403295
>let me tell you about your city
fuck off you LA faggot. go back and some nigger dick you cuckhoop loving beaner
>>
>>64403495
At least we're getting 2 (perhaps 3) teams

Live somewhere relevant next time.
>>
>>64402934

Because the city of San Diego didn't support a mediocre franchise and Spanos is a greedy faggot. Frankly, the city of San Diego is better off without them. Owners act surprised when cities don't support losers.
>>
>if a teams plays shitty for half a decade the fans should be stil olbligated to go or else the owners and NFL will leave the city.

It's dumb as hell that NFL teams are basically hostages to the league and owners. This is the problem with the NFL, the sport itself plays second fiddle to NFL profits and brand name. Why the fuck SHOULD fans go pay 80 dollars every other sunday to watch a team get blown the fuck out when they can just stay home instead and watch Rivers throw for 300 yards on TV for free.

The games should be worth live before any has to go see them live. This whole relocate on a whim is why most NFL rivalries are a joke. The fans can't have any attachment to the team if the teams have no commitment to the fans.

teams should playing for the fans, we shouldnt just be paying for the team
>>
>Why don't we as the taxpayers just give Spanos what he wants? We can afford both roads/schools and a new stadium. It's such a stupid argument.

bruhh what part of SD are you even from? fuck the chorgers man, spanos are rich af and just want to jew us...imperial beach faag btw
>>
File: Steelers_Fans_r900x493.jpg (192 KB, 900x493) Image search: [Google]
Steelers_Fans_r900x493.jpg
192 KB, 900x493
>chargers
>fans
>>
>>64404182
Poway

Spanos isn't that rich. He only has $1 billion. If we want to keep the Chargers, we have to invest in them
>>
>>64402934
>We're having our civic heart being ripped out of us

They can't take away our beer, our Dads and our Navy.

Our civic heart isn't a football team it's our way of life, it's the beach, it's the beer, it's the military, it's California Burritos, Carne Asada Fries and Double IPAs.

We shouldn't give the NFL a penny, let them revamp the Q for like 50,000,000 dollars. San Diego's civic heart is it's culture, not some team that makes me depressed in January. I love the Chargers, but they're not what defines San Diego, we'll always the memories, but who cares if they leave, San Diego's still a better city and has a better culture than LA
>>
Why is this even allowed? why don't good souls just starts a whole new league where the teams are property of the cities and the ''owners'' are just temporary-presidents like in soccer? I heard that the Packers follow that philosophy and they are a pretty successful team isn't?
>>
>>64403008
Those are the people that live in our city. SD is a transplant town and a military city. People move here from other places and don't change teams because ours are lousy.
>>
>>64404359
NFL puts cities on the map. Beaches are overrated. Comicon is for nerds. The zoo, wild animal park are for kids. Big league cities have big league teams. Losing the Chargers will seriously hurt our identity
>>
>>64403844
just go to aztecs football games. NFL teams are a scam billionaires play with 10 times a year
>>
>>64404484
>Comicon is for nerds
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>64404484
>Big league cities have big league teams
We still have the Padres

Who needs to be "on the map" people will still drink our beer and I'll still be able to get Carne Asada Fries. I never mentioned Comic Con (which I hate and will intentionally leave town/avoid downtown) whenever it's happening. The Zoo, Seaworld, Legoland etc. are kids shit.

But our real identity is our GOAT tier food and beer. Who cares if some arbitrary sports league (of my 4th favorite sport) says we're big enough to be considered.
>>
>>64404656
I'm willing to pay a 10% tax to keep the Chargers here.

And most people would too
>>
>>64404669
>Tell San Diego we're gonna raise your taxes

Good luck selling that to one of the most conservative cities/counties in America, even our democrats like Scott Peters hate taxes.
>>
at least sd will only have 1 shit team now
>>
>>64402962
>wants to appear relevant
i think the $10 billion a year they pull in is the only relevancy they care about.

move out of san "bumfuck" diego and to the second biggest market where they are tripping over themselves to give the nfl money.
>>
>>64403047
>riot
brazil's answer for everything.

except when their country spends 10 billion dollars on 2 worthless sporting events while the country is in a recession.
then you sit back and say "thank you sirs"
>>
File: huh.jpg (37 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
37 KB, 300x300
>>64404254
>Spanos isn't that rich. He only has $1 billion
>>
>>64404820
By NFL owner standards that is pretty fucking poor
>>
>>64403032
>Wont support a bad team
>Lakers
Cuck
>>
>>64403032
>Doyers literally sell 3,000,000 + when they're shit
>Laker tickets are still expensive as fuck

Where do you get this assumption from?
>>
>>64403032
they fill up d0yer stadium even when the team sucks ass and is in a 30 year title drought
>>
>>64404965
>>64405026
most of LA are Warriors fans now you bandwagonning cucks
>>
>Chargers move to LA

>They win the owl
>>
>>64403032
Lakers fans are some of the most loyal actually. Right now Lakers fans will defend Kobe and their young core to any extent. Call Russel a bust and a Lakers fan will unleash their rage at you. Kobe can have another Colorado case right now and fans will support him to the very end.
>>
>>64405469
That's not even remotely true
>>
>>64403012
We offered more than st louis towards a new stadium but the owner took a shit on our offer and had the gall to call us uncooperative.
>>
>>64404359
Tfw no dad
>>
>>64406073
That's the Padres
>>
>>64402934
>We can afford both roads/schools and a new stadium.
Not everyone believes this. On top of that, not everyone believes that people who don't care about the Chargers or NFL should have their taxes be spend on the construction of a facility that benefits one man the majority of the time when it could be used to hire another cop or fireman, or city worker that could fill in a pot hole sooner. I'm not one of them, but there is a significant portion of San Diegans who are both local and transplants who would prefer to see the Chargers go their merry way up to LA because of how little they care about them.

The flip side however is the question of how much money one man needs? The city is doing more to incentivize the Chargers to stay that it has in 14 years. Spanos and Fabiani have acknowledged that San Diego accounts for 75% of their business. La is only 25%, and that 25% is composed of folks with a Raider or Rams jersey in the back of their closet, or brokers who buy tickets for the purpose of reselling them. Why is Dean Spanos so unable to recognize the love San Diego has for his team, and recognize the potential to solidify a legacy for himself and his family by just cutting the bullshit, and keeping them in San Diego. All he does by continuing down this path is sullying it more and more, and all he needs to do is fire Fabiani, and make a statement that he's seen the error of his ways (say the fans on Sunday inspired him), that the 25% in Los Angeles though appreciated could never compare with the 75% in San Diego, and that San Diego is, and will remain the home of the San Diego Chargers as long as he has the authority to say so. Find a way to work with the city instead of disrespecting it, get the stadium built, and he'd have a statue built of him. Where we are is as much Dean's fault as it is the city's

Fans did a good job on Sunday. For know all we can do is wait.
>>
>>64403295
The choice to move is more an indictment of the failure of City Hall to negotiate a financing plan for a new stadium, as well as an action meant to preserve the market developed in LA since the Raiders and Rams left more than anything else. It has nothing to do with fan attendance. It has a capacity of 71k, and as someone who was at nearly every home game for the past 25 years, attendences was always north of 65.
>>
File: 1200684580572.jpg (7 KB, 192x270) Image search: [Google]
1200684580572.jpg
7 KB, 192x270
>>64403557
>relevant
>>
>>64404359
>let them revamp the Q for like 50,000,000 dollars
When they revamped it in the late 90's it cost nearly half of what a new stadium cost. You're crazy if you think they could do it for &50 Mil.
>>
>>64403032
>ive never been to LA
>>
>>64404712
>>64404669
That's why the Citizen's Initiative is a good thing. It increases public revenue out of increased tourism taxes, which mean San Diegans aren't paying more. Just the out of towners that clog up downtown and the beaches. Yes, it prohibits allocation of that revenue to the construction of a new stadium, but allows for the continuation of the Mayor's plan, as opens the pathway to building downtown, forcing Spanos to pay the full cost, which sounds like it'd never work, but Cory Briggs was on the radio last week and said that the prohibition of a stadium subsidy is only in place to get this TOT tax increase on the books without directly tying expenditures to the construction of the stadium. What he also said though was that if another public vote was proposed that passed for public approval, that people could vote to have some of that increased tax revenue spent on a new stadium. I've stood by the Mayor the whole time, but if the Chargers want downtown, which Fabiani says they want, pass the Citizens Initiative, side step the Environmental Impact Report, get the Chargers to sign a long term lease on Qualcomm to keep them in town while moving the MTS yards (which were said to need 5 years at least) as well as the construction of the stadium, and get them in there in the early 2020s.
>>
>>64403844
You're right that it's criminal. But if the team leaves, the city just ends up paying even more than they would have, and they end up getting a shittier team. Just look at the new Browns and the Texans.
>>
>>64402934
The NFL doesn't care about San Diego or the Chargers.

It's just that Spanos has clout with a certain segment of owners who feel he's gone about this the right way and deserves first crack at LA despite the Kroenke plan being much better.

It doesn't have to do with San Diego at all, the other owners just trust Spanos.
>>
I'm sorry, but did the Chargers already move? Oh, that's right. The season isn't even over yet. In fact, there are two more games. Does leaving San Diego after this past Sunday's game count as a move? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the season is still on? The Chargers are still playing right now and they have been the second or third best team in the AFC West for how many years now? They're fieldingone of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to only do good on occasion when they're feeding off the potent sexual magic of Philip Rivers. But you know what? They still fucking suck. The Chargers at one point one of the best fucking teams in the AFC West, they went 9-7 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if the entire team didn't choke. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Chargers stay right where they are and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, some wealthy Goyim Banker just broke out his check book whenthey needed to get one, just like the Rams. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Chargers topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
>>64403099
>literally just this year

it's been like that for a decade at least. the other afc west teams, even when absolute garbage, have a better fanbase
>>
File: 1443031779498.png (65 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
1443031779498.png
65 KB, 534x629
>>64402934
>Why? I don't get it. What did we do wrong?
you let spanos jr take over after spanos sr.

you know what is really sad?

We had no say in our team leaving back to oakland. We could not do anything because the NFL , the city and Al all wanted the same thing in different fashions
LA wanted to keep the team but did not want to break the bank , so they offered the raiders a spot under the condition that if a team was to move to LA it will cooperation
Al wanted to stay and went as as far as to steal money off some chums , he was going to stay until the deal LA gave him was magnified 10x to show that he must cooperation on a co-host which he strongly disagreed with
NFL hated davis but wanted another big market team , they tried to be the middle man that could solve the problem but only made it worse on both sides by siding the LA plan more but also siding with Al's plan of using tax payers money for a majority of the cost.

Overall we lost our team due to incompetence on all sides. Oakland got their team back but all that LA magic wore off and the dementia of al davis was only getting worse.
>>
>>64403032
>baseball is slowly growing
>dodgers are constantly reaching the 1mil mark faster than every other team
>they reached the 3mil mark 3/4 into the season while the second team iirc one of the NY teams barely got to 2mil
>lakers are doing historically bad for the third season straight yet sell out crowds
>kings came back from one of the worst managements in professional hockey's history
>ironically it was the raiders that helped boost their popularity
>they are not at and at years above the avg. sold tickets
I want this LA doesn't sell meme to end

it is like saying NY doesn't sell when they're one of the largest cities in the world
>>
>>64403051

See, this is why i never engage Angelinos. Do you talk to roaches as well anon? (Gellow San Diego-un here)
>>
Jack Bauer never should have saved Los Angeles all those times
>>
If the Chargers move over the shitty nobody cares no fans Rams it will be an absolute travesty. I even get why you'd move the Raidniggers, Oakland is a terrible embarrassing shit hole, but the Chargers?
>>
>>64414501
spoken like a true nigger from the boonies of StL
>>
>>64402934
Raiderbro here, it's because you're a bunch of faggots.

Thanks for the extra home game when you move to LA.
>>
>>64407558
>It's just that Spanos has clout
Spanos is bottom of the barrel in terms of clout. He just has the ear of some of the owners who do have clout. Bob Kraft in particular is described as very close to Dean, enough so to be described as a mentor to him. Then, he flat out allows the dissemination of objectively incorrect information, like Bob McNair saying that half of the city council is in jail and that Fabiani and Dean need to go to jail to negotiate a financing plan with the city? I wonder who told him that? SPOILER ALERT: I mentioned them in the last sentence. They're just playing this about as dirty as they can be, and it's either a negotiating tactic of the Master of Disaster that has resulted in potentially catastrophic long term collateral damage, or they really just don't care about the fans, in which case don't let the door hit them on the way out of town. If they can't appreciate San Diego, San Diego doesn't need them. Let them go be the laughing stock whipping boys of LA.
>>
>>64408475
As someone who was a season ticket holder for more than the last decade, this is incorrect. The attendance being low enough to justify blackouts may have become more shamefully commonplace in recent years, but the stadium being taken over by fans of the visiting team was a rare occurrence, and nowhere near as much a norm as its become this year.
>>
File: 1447649374652.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447649374652.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>live in boston
>no one has wanted any teams moved sans early 90's pats
Life is good.
>>
Why don't they just move the Raiders back?

Why is it fucking impossible to take teams from Northern California?
>>
At some point the public funded stadium scam has to end. Sadly the Chargers are the sacrificial lamb.
>>
>>64422561
Because the Raiders can't afford it and the NFL won't move a team to LA without a brand new stadium to go along with them.
>>
>>64422561
Because norcal is filled with obsessives
>>
>>64403032
This is right. La is Beanerville filled with blacks and whites and Asians on the side.

Baseball naturally comes to Hispanics look at Central America so the mlb does fine. There's enough rich white, Asian and blacks to work with basketball plus the legacy of the Lakers.

Nfl teams do well only with whites and rich blacks. Not being racist. Stl is going to lose the Rams for that very reason. All the rich white Got the fuck out of stl because of the meth and encroaching poverty. San Diego is becoming mainly Hispanics, who are short as fuck naturally, generally poor and love soccer or baseball.
La with its size maybe could support one team but it wouldn't hold up long. Too many things in that city to do and most of them more appealing to spics and wasp than a football game.

Remember middle class white people and black people love the nfl. Hispanics unless the guys last name is Garcia or romo don't give a fuck. Hell even the nfl games down in Mexico City are seen as pageants not real games.

Why the fuck don't you think San Jose, San Antonio, Abq, Tucson, El Paso don't have nfl teams and Jacksonville does
>>
>>64422561
Raiders are moving in with the niners, Warriors into San Fran. Oakland is possibly losing the A's as well.
>>
>>64426087
The Raiders leaving pretty much means Oakland is keeping the A's.

The Raiders and A's were basically sabotaging each other's efforts to get a stadium built.

I mean, it's still going to be tough for Oakland to get one built but if they just have the A's they can probably keep them.
>>
>>64426079
>not generalizing at ALL
>>
>>64426132
That's exactly what I did and didn't even try to hide you faggoty ass.

The nfl before it considers moving a team does recon out the ass. Demographics. Race make up, income make up, etc.

Blacks watch basketball more than hockey, Hispanics watch soccer and baseball more than football and hockey, whites watch a mixture of the big 4 with the 2 bigs being baseball and football with regional differences on hockey Nd soccer.

That's not an opinion. Those are objective stats.

That's why la or Beaner city can easily handle shitty baseball teams but a shitty football team would have issues. Half the population will never give a fuck, and what's left of the other half, half of them are basketball loving blacks and Asians plus the wiggas. Meaning at most like 1/4 of the population might give a shit if they are winning in a town where there is a shit ton of other things to do.

La can support one team max. San Diego, it's meh. It's the Mexicans.
>>
>>64426087
Raiders moving in with the niners would be a horrible idea for many reasons
many of the gang banging mentality fans are niner fans , the moment they clash with the raider fans who are quiet but deadly as shit it will cause riots. There is a reason why NFL finally decided to end the pre-season meet ups.

also the As will stay if the raiders move away. Warriors to san fran will never work , it didnt work before it will not work again. They only won chips with oakland and philly
>>
File: 1409087391184.gif (2 MB, 479x333) Image search: [Google]
1409087391184.gif
2 MB, 479x333
>>64426079
>>64426197
>people actually generalize sport team successes like this
>>
>>64426297
>b-b-but all races are equal and like the same things
>like chocolate unicorns that shoot cherries out their asses

Listen you faggot. If you don't think nfl teams do demographic research before the put a franchise in a city, you are a tucking retard who thinks all races watch the same sports.
>>
File: 1444490210205.jpg (716 KB, 4688x4688) Image search: [Google]
1444490210205.jpg
716 KB, 4688x4688
>>64426364
nobody is implying that but if you think a nigger and a white trash redneck can't root and support the same team than you're no smarter than a rock.
>>
Maybe if your stadium wasn't consistently being filled with fans from the other team or no fans at all you would have your team. Support your fucking team if you want it to stay, you guys won a playoff game not 2 years ago and your attendance is still shit.
>>
>>64426266
>Warriors to san fran will never work , it didnt work before it will not work again

It doesn't matter once the arena is built.

Once that happens they're there for a minimum of 20 years.
>>
>>64426474
>20 years of failure and low attendance because san fran is a fairweather as fuck city

>kings might win a chip for once
>>
File: 101010.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
101010.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>our team
ayyyy
>>
>>64426389
You fucking retard...., niggers and white trash can root for the home team but

They are niggers and white trash meaning the are mostly poor.

Fucking nfl franchises aren't paid for by good feelings and rooting you fuck up. Fucking Philip rivers isn't going to sign a contract for a million pat on the backs.

Jesus is this thread full of sjw college drop outs?
>>
>>64404656
>San Diego Padres
Please do the human race a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>64426415
You think it's going to be any better in LA?
>>
>>64402934
>Giving any NFL owner taxpayer money
Spanos is a shit head, that is the only take away from this.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.