[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your team/reason thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: white-sox-crosstown-cup-0816.png (306 KB, 645x274) Image search: [Google]
white-sox-crosstown-cup-0816.png
306 KB, 645x274
Let's have your teams and reason they're your teams thread

>Chicago White Sox: I was born and raised in Chicago and still continue to live here
>Chicago Bears: I was born and raised in Chicago and still continue to live here
>Chicago Blackhawks: I was born and raised in Chicago and still continue to live here
>Chicago Bulls: I was born and raised in Chicago and still continue to live here
>>
>Yankees - father from Bronx, took me to my first baseball game there
>Lakers - lived in LA for years since went to UCLA, dormmate got me into basketball
>Patriots - mother from Boston, also my birthtown
>Red Wings - Sister out of Detroit took me to my first hockey game there
>>
>Packers
>I flew over the south corner of Wisconsin once
>>
>>64401208
Sick meme breh
>>
File: 1318955316578.jpg (91 KB, 380x540) Image search: [Google]
1318955316578.jpg
91 KB, 380x540
>Skins, caps, Nats, wiz

born in DC, live 20 miles away, go to games regularly, dad roots for the same teams.

>Maryland

Graduated from there, went to basketball and football games regularly.

Literally don't understand why people bandwagon teams.
>>
>>64401250
Because they have small peni.
>>
>>64401187
sorry it failed m8
>>
>Philadelphia Eagles - Born in North Delaware, that was the closest team
>Philadelphia 76ers - Same as above
>Baltimore Orioles - Got MASN when i was 6 years old, started watching Cal Ripken Jr and never left them
>Newcastle - Moved to New Castle, Delaware same time I was getting into european soccer so it made sense
>Notre Dame Fighting Irish - muh family heritage
>>
Twins, Twolves, Wild, Packers.

My parents are from Milwaukee. Grew up on MN/WI border. Twins and Twolves games were shown over the Bucks and Brewers. Packers because that was the game my dad was watching on our TV while growing up.
>>
>2014 - Seahawks - were the best football team in the league and I was their 12th player
>2015 - The panthers are the best team in the league
>>
>Chargers
I'm from SD.
>Padres
I'm from SD
>SDSU
I'm from SD
>Nebraska
Family heritage
>Auburn
They had the coolest name when I started watching college football
>>
>>64401187
Sounds like bullshit but I believe it. Family is usually a very strong reason for fandom.
>>
File: voc9QfC.jpg (47 KB, 584x586) Image search: [Google]
voc9QfC.jpg
47 KB, 584x586
>>64400989
Same here m8
>>
>eagles, phillies, sixers, flyers
My dad (God rest his soul) made me a philly sports fan. Save me.
>>
>Baltimore Ravens
A friend of mine showed me a vid of Ray Lewis on Sport Science. I thought it was cool and after seeing the tackle he made on Sproles to win the game vs Chargers in 09 and after I found out who Ed Reed was, I decided to follow the Ravens for the rest of the 2009 season. Basically that's how I got into American football and how I became a Ravens fan so shout outs to that friend of mine.
>>
>>64401467
>doomed you into being a philthyfan
>still want god to bless his soul
You are a better man than I anon
>>
>>64401508
>sports science actually created a fan
>in Europe no less
Wow.
>>
>>64401747
what can I say, I was easily impressed back then.
>>
>Chicago Bears: eternal Bears threads

don't care bout your other sports
>>
>Sixers, Flyers, phillies
From delaware
>packers
Toplel fuck the haters
>>
File: tony_captain_snell.jpg (97 KB, 668x281) Image search: [Google]
tony_captain_snell.jpg
97 KB, 668x281
>>
>Chargers
Dad's family if from San Diego, went to school in San Diego
>Angels
Dad was an Angel fan
>UCLA
Closest college to my house, always preferred basketball
>Clippers
Could actually afford to get good seats to their games when I was a kid. Got to meet the players, Laker fans were always stodgy or glorychasers.
>>
>Lakers
Best team in the NBA when I was getting into basketball. Kobe is the greatest of all time
>Yankees
Great history, great stadium, great fans, my uncle lived in New York... went to one of their road games when they were playing the Twins
>Patriots
Tom Brady is my favorite player, they had some exciting super bowls when I was a kid
>Alabama Football
Just a good team to watch... I have no loyalty to a college myself because our football team sucked and never went to a real bowl game
>Chelsea
Just a good premier league team, they were good back in 2010 when I was getting into soccer
>Kentucky Basketball
My college always sucked at basketball, we got to play them once, went to the game in my Kentucky jersey, was great seeing them BTFO my pathetic school
>>
>>64401841
>supporting a college you didn't actually go to but is close to your house

Is there like some sort of special rule or clause for this?
>>
>>64401901
Already done, nice try though
>>64401187
>>
>>64401908
When your college has no football team, the basketball team is DII and they're in the same system it seems okay at least that's how I justify it
>>
>>64401901
>>64401187
>>64401208
>>64401360

Neo/sp/ is so bad now that I can't tell if these are bait or if someone actually is like this
>>
> Manchester United
> I like the best things in life and they are the best team
>>
>>64401952

all of them are fake except the packers one
>>
File: 1450136737521.jpg (112 KB, 540x324) Image search: [Google]
1450136737521.jpg
112 KB, 540x324
i am born in western ny (near syracuse) now live in rochester:

jets- because i don't have any connection to buffalo but still wanted to support ny teams, so i chose at a young age in 98 to support the team that had my fav color out of the two

knicks- another ny team, and that's it basically

yankees- cause my radio played yankee games only so it grew on me, then eventually only watched them cause bernie williams was my favorite player
>>
>>64401952
What makes these so unbelievable? You don't know them or their family situation. Not everyone has a static life all the time.
>>
>>64400989
>Chicago Bears: Born in Chicago, my dad got me an Urlacher shirt when I was 6
>Chicago Bulls: Born in Chicago, Space Jam was my favorite movie when I was a little kid
>New York Yankees: My dad is from New York, raised me as a Yankees fan
>Real Madrid: I grew up in Miami, there's no local MLS team. And since I'm latino, my options were basically Real or Barca.
>>
>SF Giants
Grew up in the shithole that was Fresno, CA. Pretty much a battle ground area for the only two baseball teams that matter in that state, Giants and Doyers. Went with Giants because I couldn't stand the overall cunt attitude of literally every single person in southern Cali. Been to several games over the years.
>Sharks
Closest hockey team to me. Logo and colors are dope. Don't really know shit about hockey, but I tune in to the playoffs every year to watch them completely fuck it up. Went to a game once.
>Seahawks
Parents divorced when I was about 6, moved with my mom to Washington. Was a niners fan as a little kid initially, but slowly became a Hawks fan over time as I've been in the PNW for like 20 years now. Started legitimately rooting for them around Hasselbeck/Alexander era. Been to one game.
>Blazers
Same as the Seahawks situation, used to be a Kings fan as a little kid, slowly assimilated into the local team. Mom grew up there, I currently live there. Had based Clyde Drexler poster on my wall as a kid.
>College
Fresno State and UW. Been to lots of Bulldogs games, no UW games. But really as long as the cunt Ducks continue to get cucked for all time, I'm happy.
>>
Forgot to mention I've only been to one Blazers game. Hope to make some more in 2016.
>>
>>64401208
Sounds about right.
>>
>Oakland Raiders
My dad's a Raiders fan from the East Bay and I've never lived even close to an NFL team (I've always been at least 175 miles away from one)
>Oakland A's
My dad's an A's fan from the East Bay and I've never lived even close to an MLB team
>San Antonio Spurs
Born in San Amtonio, lived there for five years, my dad never really cared about basketball and I grew up watching Duncan, Parker, and Manu be elite
>>
>Red Sox
From Boston
>Celtics
From Boston
>Patriots
From Boston
>Bruins
From Boston
>Revolution
Don't give a shit about My Little Sawker but still the local team
>>
>SF Giants: closest team besides the mariners and mariners are forever irrelevant. Also gud colors
>the Titans: oilers were boss as fuck. Also love light blue
>trailblazers: lived in Portland every year of my life except one, obligated to support. Plus our only major league team.
>Oregon: home team
>Edmonton Oilers: the 80's.
>Portland Winterhawks: minor league hockey, our only other team
>>
>Chelsea
I loved Shevchenko as a kid and wanted to support a club where he plays. Then I stayed, because I love being hated :3
>>
>>64400989
>no Chicago Fire
Explain OP
>>
>>64403066
>prefers giants colors over mariners
Yep, you're gay alright.
>>
>>64403174
I'm not gonna root for a shitty fucking team because of colors. And fuck Washington state athletics.
>>
>Panthers
First team I ever loved/born in charlotte. Remember going to games when they were still NFC West
>>
>Will never have a good reason to support any American teams
>>
Whoever is winning
Because fuck you that's why
>>
>Bengals - local team
>The Ohio State University - dad was graduate, best in the state at everything
>>
>>64403313
Tripical typfags
>>
>>64401208
Top kek
>>
New York Jets-Green is my favorite color.

New Jersey Devils-First hockey team I ever watched.

New York Yankees- I would pass by their stadium when I visit my uncle in the Bronx.

Brooklyn Nets-My hometown team,plus I was a fan of them when they were in New Jersey.

I'm starting to like the Brooklyn Islanders and New York Knicks .
>>
chicago cubs and bulls - because i had wgn growing up and was able to watch most of the games

philadelphia eagles - i live in oklahoma so i get nfc east games a lot, and i'm sure as hell not gonna be a cowboys fan
>>
>Chicago Bears
>Chicago Cubs
>Memphis Grizzlies
>Boston Bruins
Do I even need to give a reason?
>>
>>64400989

>he's proud to be from chicago

what an irrelevant, self-hyped city. when someone says "i'm from chicago," i know it's going to be a conversation about how underrated chicago is and how liberal (and better than you) they are. the worst people, you make new york and LA jews seem amicable.
>>
>Flyers, Sixers, Eagles, Phillies
I'm from south NJ

kill me
>>
>>64404681
>suddenly hostility for no reason
>>
>>64404576
You're gay?
>>
>>64405094
>bear teams
Checks out.
>>
>>64403040
That's a lot of hips for those teams.
>>
>>64405641
It's a pro of living in Boston, compared to all the cons.
>>
Philadelphia Iggles- In Madden 06 my NFL got Drafted to the eagles and McNabb was on the cover. The next football season my dad took me to an eagles/redskins game at Fedex and bought me a bunch iggles gear so I just stuck with team. My dad is from Philly and my mom and I are from Pittsburgh, but I didnt want to be Steelers fan because my mom was an obnoxious drunk on Sundays.

DC United- I live pretty close to the DC Metro so I figured why not.

Lakers- Kobe.
>>
>>64407461
*my NFL superstar
>>
>Twins: Born and raised in MN
>Wild: Born and raised in MN (became a North Stars fan a few years before they moved)
>T-Wolves: Born and raised in MN

>49ers: Tecmo Bowl
>Michigan: First job out of college was in Ann Arbor, also fuck the Gophers
>>
Colts, mainly to how my dick reacted to Peyton Manning's offense.

>>64403071
>Not Milan
lel
>>
>Patriots
10 years old when 18-1 happened , bandwagon yes but cmon guys I was 10. I never left them since
>AC Milan
I was 10 when they won the UCL and Kaka had always been a favorite of mine

I'm from Texas
Fuck me up guys
>>
>>64403071
You bandwagon Chelsea for shevchenko but not Milan, you're a disgrace
>>
>>64407498
>>49ers: Tecmo Bowl
>>
>>64400989
CF america: always liked the yellow shirt. I love the fact that theyre the villain team.
Patriots: that simpsons episode where homer makes the halftime show of the owl. Tom brady was there.
Knicks: i like orange-blue logo
>>
File: ogc-nice-hd-logo.png (142 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ogc-nice-hd-logo.png
142 KB, 500x500
>Pic related
I live there.

>Roma
Francesco Totti.
>>
>Dodgers
From LA plus was into baseball history as a kid so muh koufax and drysdale

>clippers
Dad took me to a couple of games. Fuck basketball tho

>Arsenal
Started watching the premier league about 8 years ago and made a pseudo tournament that year to decide my team

>Fiorentina
Met some dude in high school who was scouted by them so we watched their CL run that year when they got cucked by Buyern and I got hooked.

>Valencia
Muh hipster la liga plus David Villa and David Silva were p gud together

>Hamburger SV
Have to support American teams abroad

>Bills
Literally followed a flowchart on /sp/ so I can at least follow a team in the NFL that would disappoint me as much as my other teams
>>
>>64409439
Oh wow that bills
>>
Capitals- born and raised in the Baltimore region

Orioles/Pirates- dual fanship cuz I moved to Pittsburgh and PNC park is cozy af

Steelers because I wasn't big into football when I was in Baltimore and Ravens fans are fucking terrible

Zenit St Petersburg for soccer because I lived there a bit too
>>
>>64400989
U seem really cool!
>>
File: 62641.jpg (23 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
62641.jpg
23 KB, 266x400
>49ers
Born and raised in bay area, not mexican so disqualified from raiders fandom

>Giants
In little league my first year I was on the Giants and won the JT Snow award (I played 1st) so naturally I was like "fuck yeah, in like 15 years I'll 100% be playing for the giants, better become a fan"

>Sharks
I'm a masochist

>Warriors
Gotta admit I'm a bit of a bandwagoner, wasn't really a fan of any team growing up, just liked certain players. Actually went through a phase where I hated the Warriors specifically because of the "we believe" bandwagon... ironic I guess. Also klay and Drayton were actually two of my favorite college players (watch ncaa about 2x as much as nba) I'm not crazy about steph like 99% of warriors nuthuggers

>Wazzu
Mostly for the memes, also because I went there (which was mostly for the memes)
>>
>>64409507
Someday my children will know my pain
>>
>SF Giants (baseball)
Started playing and watching baseball at around 4 and growing up a few hours from SF and my grandfather liking them influenced me.

>Patriots (NFL)
First football game I ever watched was the Super Bowl against the Rams in 2002. I was like 5 or 6 so when they won so being in that age's mindset I said "Okay that'll be the team I support," and still do to this day. I jokingly call myself an original bandwagoner.

>Manchester City (Soccer)
Grew up playing soccer but didn't start consistently watching until about 09-10. One of my friends was a huge City fan and turned me on to them when I told him I planned to start watching more because American soccer sucks.

>Fresno State/Stanford (General College Sports)
Grew up 40 minutes from Fresno, also family members attend Stanford.

>Warriors (Basketball)
Pretty much a bandwagoner on this one because I don't really like basketball and never watch it except on occasion and on those occasions it is the Warriors because of A/ Geographical location and B) they make it somewhat entertaining to watch.
>>
green bay packers

i live in iowa and we always get packer games
>>
>SF Giants
Grew up in the Bay Area watching them. A lot of kids at my school growing up liked the A's, and I wanted to be different. Turned out to be alright about 15 years later.

>49ers
Same reason as above. Also there are plenty of pictures of me as an infant in a 49ers baby jersey, so I've been on board since I was little.

>NHL
Lel

>NBA
Lel

>NCAA: San Francisco Dons/Stanford Cardinal
Went to USF for undergrad, so I follow Dons "basketball." Went to Stanford for my post-grad, so I follow Cardinal football.
>>
File: 8e1jhgblydtow4m3okwzxh67ktrans.gif (8 KB, 387x210) Image search: [Google]
8e1jhgblydtow4m3okwzxh67ktrans.gif
8 KB, 387x210
>>64400989
>my grandfathers team
>my dads team
>geographically the closest and therefore local team
>>
>Football
>Clubs
Maccabi TA, Real Madrid - family and local team

>NTs
Israel - ...
Netherlands - When >we don't qualify i need to root for someone and I always liked based Netherlands players like Van Nistelrooy and LCIM

>NBA
Timberwolves - always liked watching some NBA, decided it would be better if i rooted for a team, opened the tv, they were playing and ever since i'm a fan

>Tennis
Nadal, always liked him better than Federer, started watching regularly when they were both the best in the world

>Snooker
John Higgins, liked watching him when i was younger, O'Sullivan is definitely the goat tho
>>
>Colts
My mother-in-law, who is more of my mother than my actual mother, is from Indy
>Bootyblasters
>OU
From Okie-land
And they're gr8
>Pacers
>Celtics
Cuz why not?
>>
>>64400989
Same but for Philly teams
>>
>Cleveland Browns: Born in Cleveland, hate teams that always successful/bandwagon teams
>Cleveland Indians: Born in Cleveland, during the summer at my grandparents house for my entire life, the Indians game would be on every other night, I'd watch it with them
>Marquette Golden Eagles: I go to school there
>Tottenham Hotspur: Started following soccer in 2010 and didn't want a big 5 team like MU, so I picked another team in the league, Spurs because I liked their name
>Newcastle United: I don't really follow them, but they remind me of the Browns
>>
>Blue Jays
>Raptors
>Laffs
Born in Toronto and lived here all muh life.
>>
>sox, celtics, bruins, pats
born and raised in bombston
>man city
childhood best friend from manchester, likes united, I chose citeh for the bantz, turned out to be pretty comfy
>texas longhorns
ever since based VY clutched the rose bowl in USCum's mouth, i've loved burnt orange
>umass womens basketball
got my taylor swift waifu
>>
File: 1024px-Kansas_City_Royals.svg.png (78 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Kansas_City_Royals.svg.png
78 KB, 1024x1024
I live geographically closer to them than any other team. I watch nearly all of their games during the season
>>
From Iowa

>Vikings
Only 3 hours from Minneapolis and we get all the Vikings games on TV. Haven't been to a game since the Vikings/Cowboys playoff game a few years back.

>Twins
I liked them when they're good but when they suck I can't stand to watch them. The games are really boring to watch on TV. Target Field is a really nice place to watch a game.

>Wild
I didn't care for the North Stars. I started watching the Wild when they made the Western Conference finals, and have followed them since.

>T'Wolves
Not an NBA fan, but I liked them when they had Wally Sczerbia, Stephon Marbury, and Kevin Garnett.

>Iowa Hawkeyes
My home state. I have two degrees from there and am working on a third.
>>
Barcelona: I was born there
Bayern Munich: I lived in Munich from age 5 to 10
New England Patriots: I went to MIT for university
Golden State Warriors: I currently live in Golden State.
Novak Djokovic: I am of Serbian heritage
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.