[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which sport will be the first to die, and who's fault will it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: allfour.jpg (70 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
allfour.jpg
70 KB, 384x512
>tfw nba is now literally just chucking threes and flopping
>two best backcourt players, Harden and Curry, are killing the game
>>
MLB or NFL
>>
>shooting is bad
>>
>>64377397
>2 most popular dying first
IDontThinkSoTim. It'll be the NBA. NHL is pretty secure in its niche.
>>
Either baseball or hockey once whites get fully cucked and are too embarrassed to support their sports.
>>
>>64377582
>MLB more popular than the NBA
>>
well lets see i'd currently rank them like this

1. nfl
2. mlb
3. nba
4. nhl

i think nfl might suffer a bit when mothers of future nfl players don't let them play. but I think americans really just don't give a shit about hockey so that will go first. then the nfl (but not for atleast 100 years)
>>
>>64377582
>NHL is pretty secure in its niche.

In 30-40 years when white people become a minority it won't be a good business anymore
>>
>>64377596
NHL has been only getting increasing viewership and has continuously outsold the NBA at live games in the past few years, and is continuing to do so (and tickets are expensive - "muh whites"). It's got a niche market that's growing, and obviously the entire country of Canada as well.

If anything, the NBA will be the first to go. It's suffered a bit in recent years. MLB will remain as long as there's cheap tickets and cheap beer, but it's becoming more marginalized.
>>
>less style over substance is a bad thing
>>
>>64377629
whatever you say hockey fan
>>
MLB has the highest local viewership and attendance numbers, that'll only go up especially for the 160 game season. People saying MLB will die first is a joke.

It'd either be the NBA or NFL but the thing is odds are none of these leagues will die within our lifetime, our childrens lifetimes, our grandchildrens lifetimes, and even more.
>>
NHL will never generate revenue like the NFL but it's secure among its fan base. If 3 lockouts within 20 years doesn't drive away your base it's highly unlikely anything else would. If they started losing money franchises in Sunrise, Phoenix & Raleigh can always be moved to Québec City, Toronto & Seattle for guaranteed shekels. Not to mention the league is looking to expand with 2 more franchises, one being Las Vegas for reasons unknown.
>>
Basketball is boring.
>>
>>64377378
NBA, only niggers play ut, but who watches it?
>>
MLB and NHL are the most resilient since they aren't completely dependent on cable TV money.
>>
>>64378359
Most people I've met that actually watch the NBA games and don't just spout memes are Middle Aged blue collar white men honestly
>>
>>64377629
Attendance has been inflated by Canadians
But Canada is small
>>
>NFL will die because of concussions
>NBA has turned into a meme like OP said
>Nobody watches NHL

Baseball reigns supreme
>>
>>64378409
so they just watch their wives' boyfriends play?
>>
>>64378418
It's pretty hard to watch the nhl honestly.
Before I purchased a special service I could see my favorite team play about twice a year with their current TV deal.

When you look at it objectively it's pretty interesting that they do as well as they do
>>
>>64378428
I guess, man. All the ones I've met played as kids and like it as a sport. If black people could pay cable bills they'd probably watch it too
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 330x328
The NBA m80s. Once the cable bubble finally pops they're gonna lose a shitload of money.
>>
>>64377702
>or even more

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>64378436
How is it hard to watch the nhl?
>>
MLB will probably last the longest. It's international, it's doable in cold and warm weather, it doesn't rely on meme celebrities, and it has always made a shit ton of money. I can't think of any reason why it would falter. Any problems that exist today with MLB existed 50 years ago. Baseball is a very solid and steady sport in that way.

Hockey is also international and diverse so it will probably stick around too.
>>
>>64378951
Why would its international status matter?
Basketball has by far the biggest international reach
>>
>>64378982
>Why would its international status matter?

Because there's more than 1 Canadian team and at least a couple more Canadian cities would be glad to take on a team if the sunbelt franchises can't get their shit together.

The NHL will never fold as long as Canada exists tbqh
>>
>>64378982
Because it caters to his argument if he ignores the fact that basketball has the biggest international pull
>>
>>64379008
Canada's pretty small though
California has a bigger population than them
>>
>>64379031
Imagine if California only supported one sport and and didn't give a shit about college sports.
>>
>>64379031
Canadians are willing to shell out the money for it though.
>>
>>64379058
Not that true
>>64379057
Comparatively still not that much
>>
>>64378388
Can you elaborate on this
>>
>>64377378
Did you ever notice that the NFL logo looks like a butt pooping a football into a toilet that says NFL? And the stars are splashback.
>>
>>64377591
Average per game attendance for the worst MLB team would be middle of the road in the NBA. And thats saying something considering how many more MLB games there are.
>>
Boreball, duh, and by its own "hand".
>>
>>64380310
Well, no, but now I can't see anything else. Thanks, asshole
>>
>>64377378
The NFL. It makes more money than the other three by far, but it's got so many controversies surrounding it, and it's been led by assholes and incompetent mouthbreathers for so long that it'll collapse under the weight of its own stupidity, especially if Gooddell stays in charge
>>
The NFL something about the "faster they go the harder they fall" or whatever the saying is. They are at their peak atm so they can only go down.
>>
Well, the NBA is dead already, all the stars are either retired or close to retirement, and there just isn't any competitiveness left, niggas be slapping and hugging and chuggin them threes, this isn't basketball, nobody defends anyone, cause then there's no flashy dunks and americans are too dumb to realise whats going on on the floor if lubrunn isnt dunking after travelling for gazillion time
>>
Baseball is already a shell of its former self.

Back in the 80s it was probably twice as popular as it is now.
>>
>>64385106
No
>>64385200
No
>>64381316
You underestimate just how much Americans love football
>>
I don't see any major leagues dying, however I'm willing to bet the NCAA gets in trouble and is forced to disband. All the major conferences will probably just form a governing body for bowl games/non conference games.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.