[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sp/ think of (Soccer/Football) culture in the United
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
What does /sp/ think of (Soccer/Football) culture in the United States.
>>
Same as we think of you, OP.
>>
FIGHT
AND
WIN
>>
Why does no one likes Philadelphia?
>>
I don't give a crud
>>
>>64350311
We're from philly, fucking philly
>>
embarrassing desu. it doesn't bother me that they like soccer, just that they steal european traditions instead of creating their own, or adopting american traditions like beating opposing fans after the game
>>
>>64350342
Becase Philadephia is a meme city filled with violent hooligans who boo Santa Claus.

Seriously, people in Philly are so miserable they want to see they teams lose so they can whine and bitch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8

Go to about 1:30 and watch the hambeast with the phone
>>
>>64350311
>What does /sp/ think of (Soccer/Football) culture in the United States.
Just to be clear:
Soccer = Run around with a round ball and fall down for 90 minutes. The team that best manipulates the ref wins (or you end up with a 0-0 tie).

Football = Run around or throw an egg shaped ball for 1 hour. The game is actually 3 to 5 hours long because in between plays there is the obligatory penalty, instant replay, or commercial (or the dreaded trifecta).
>>
CRINGE
>>
>>64350311
All so called soccer fans are plastic they don't even like soccer.
>>
File: 1449351323665.jpg (42 KB, 300x271) Image search: [Google]
1449351323665.jpg
42 KB, 300x271
>Football culture
>Estados Unidos
>>
>>64350455
Jesus christ marie
>>
File: hambeast.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hambeast.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>64350455
>>
Literally reddit the fan base
>>
>>64350311
I love europe - MLS Fans, 2015
>>
>>64350311
THIS TO BE HONNEST
>>
it's funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU5karXZacg
>>
>Club before country

Something that will never happen in the US
>>
ITT: /sp/ being joyless, whining bores
>>
>>64350342
It a meme to hate them
>>
>>64350549
>>64350853

These two. I had free tickets and went to two Red Bull games. Both experiences similar, and sad from an outsider's point of view. I love sports, and have gone to probably 100 other sporting events, mostly baseball and football. But this was something else
>arrive at stadium
>everyone carrying around their scarves and buying merchandise
>everyone crowds around the drummers and clap or chant
>kickoff begins and hear some pathetic chants
>lots of jumping up and down for no reason
>try to pace chants from slow to fast
>stupid banners that end up blocking your view

It honestly sounds like a pathetic attempt to become like daddy Europe in soccer. Fuck you, this is America. I'm used to the "everybody clap your hands" and "that is a first down!" kind of stuff. Soccer fans pathetic desu.
>>
>>64350311
>Liking soccer.
I grew up poor and all my friends were poor Mexicans so we played soccer. I still play it today, but fuck if I can watch it, it's like watching fucking golf.
I've been to a few FC Dallac games, being in person doesn't help any.
>>
>>64350342
Shitty city with shitty people
>>
>>64350342
It used to be an area of great significance, then white trash and niggers took it over.
In shittiness power rankings, only Detroit beats it.
>>
I've gone to 2 games in MLS and felt out of place. I wore normal clothes, didn't have a scarf and was sitting down to watch the match.
>>
File: hoganguitar.gif (2 MB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
hoganguitar.gif
2 MB, 640x492
>>64352008
Damn straight, Nigel.
>>
>>64351993
At least we didn't get BTFO in our home country. Also USA would have beaten Brazil if they met head to head.
>>
FIGHT
>>
>>64352196
>he doesn't like watching golf
How degenerate can one person be?
>>
>>64350311
There's still no real football culture in the US.
It's a mix of we want to be like:
>european ultra culture (choreographies, flags, chants, getting drunk and always welcome a brawl)
>want to be tough guys like the british hools form the 80/90s
>south american ultra culture (no fucks given, we burn down the stadium with pyros while singing and dancing, if there's a fight I pick the next iron rod or chair and bitchslap that fucker with it)
>good ol american family friendly sunday is funday clapping safe space of tolerance

the result is something really really strange.

On the other hand your football culture is very young, so there's a lot of time to develop an american fan culture that is not cringeworthy.
>>
>>64352357
>Golf
>degenerate
Okay Cletus
>>64352155
So its mainly a dick measuring contest on how outrageous and crass one can look with all their expensive merchandise
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.