[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How irrelevant would he have been had he not walked into a perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: tom-brady.jpg (1013 KB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
tom-brady.jpg
1013 KB, 5184x3456
How irrelevant would he have been had he not walked into a perfect system and the best coach?

Would he have even had a 4 year NFL career? Would he have ever started more than 4-6 games ?

Any physical stats Brady has is trounced by even the most middling QB like Cutler.
He's literally the least talented of any famous athlete. Literally 5 yard dump offs the player. He had a mediocre college career and nothing about Tom Brady could be considered above average in the NFL (inb4 some meme shit like release time)

Had pick #199 been taken at #198 would anyone but the most diehard fan ever known his name?
>>
File: 1447385710497.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1447385710497.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>64336450

stay mad bitch nigga
>>
>>64336450

This really doesn't hold up.

Brady has never had a losing season, he has the highest winning percentage of any quarterback.

If he was a dime a dozen other teams would have replicated his success.

As for the pre-Brady era, look at what Drew Bledsoe accomplished. He was a franchise quarterback and solidly "good" player, but the team dumped him for a second year with 3/4 of a season under his belt.
>>
>>64336450
>>64338957
all this leads me to believe is that Brady far, far above most other QBs in understanding of the game and mental prowess regarding the game. Peyton has had this same quality and still has it but his body has given up on him. That's why they're two of the best QBs of the 2000s so far.

but Brady isn't a massive choker like Peyton tho

he also excels at leadership
all the physical gifts aren't as important for the QB like other positions
>>
>>64340953
unlike other positons*
>>
File: 1343603414087.jpg (22 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1343603414087.jpg
22 KB, 500x282
Nope, no shot that 4 time superbowl champion greatest qb ever Tom Brady lasts even 4 games if hes not on the Pats.

You got him OP.
>>
>>64336450
>GOAT at pre snap reads
>accuracy like a surgeon inside 20 yards
>throws his receivers open
>quickest release in NFL history
>deion branch's career outside NE.jpg
>wes welker's career outside NE.png
>brandon lafell's career outside NE.webm

Cmon son
>>
>>64336450

He would've been rather good and a franchise QB for some B team like the Jets or Vikings. Don't know if he would've won a SB. He'd be like Dalton maybe.

However, we can all agree Rodgers is the best QB ever and would've succeeded anywhere. Actually, Rodgers in a team like the Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins or Falcons would be even more elite than in Green Bay.
>>
>>64341766
I'm getting really sick of this Rodgers meme.
Rodgers is Flacco-tier with some Peyton stat-padding thrown in.
>>
>>64341875

>#1 in TD to INT ratio
>#1 qbr in nfl history
>even #1 this season despite ot being a terrible down season for him
>>
>>64341944
rodgers is 6th this year in rating
>>
>>64341944
>qbr
you should know he could have a 100% completion rate, 12k yards and 100 TDs but if you bring up QBR it's all moot
>>
File: joe_montana49ers.jpg (59 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
joe_montana49ers.jpg
59 KB, 300x275
How irrelevant would he have been had he not walked into a perfect system and the best coach?

Would he have even had a 4 year NFL career? Would he have ever started more than 4-6 games?

Any physical stats Montana had were trounced by even the most middling QB like Kosar.
He's literally the least talented of any famous athlete. Literally ricebabby and stickum the player. He had a mediocre college career and nothing about Joe Montana could be considered above average in the NFL (inb4 some meme shit like release time)

Had pick #82 been taken at #81 would anyone but the most diehard fan ever known his name?
>>
Brady's greatest skill is his intelligence, the only qb on par with him is Peyton
>>
>>64336450
If the QB position was all about raw athletic talent then black players would be dominating the position by now.
>>
>>64342735

I have heard this so many times but is it not true. Peyton is the 2nd smartest QB of all time but he is not Brady's equal in this area. Brady pre-snap read and feel for the game are superior.
>>
>>64343371
Brady has Bill Bilichick and other literal geniuses on the coaching staff, Peyton had born-again christians and basically was the OC
>>
>>64341944
>QBR
>>
>>64342461
Montana is different from Brady in some key areas. Montana won a national championship at Notre Dame and also won a crazy Ice Bowl type game in his senior year.

For his pro career, he won two Super Bowls before Jerry Rice was drafted. In his stint with Kansas City in the twilight of his career, he managed to take the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game despite having shitty receivers and Marty Schottenheimer as head coach. If I remember correctly, it had been two decades since the Chiefs went to the AFC Champship game before Montana showed up and they have not been to the AFC Championship game since Montana retired.

Brady will likely retire a Patriot so we'll never know if he's a Belichik-babby or not. However, Brady does have talent. Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe didn't light it up when they were Belichik's QB.
>>
Brady doesn't have any of the tools to be an elite QB, but he is.
The only rational explanation is that his comprehension of the game and ability to identify and process what the defense is doing is far above anyone that has ever played the position.

He probably wouldn't have won a super bowl with other teams, but I don't really give a shit. What he does every year is impressive, and he and Peyton are the best QBs of the 2000s, by far.

>>64342461
>Trying this hard.
>>
>>64336450

Can someone explain why a QB working well within a system is a bad thing? Tons of QBs are shit outside of very specific systems because they can't adapt, either due to lack of confidence or ability. Look at Manning; he had to basically control that organization because he couldn't handle not being in charge. Brady knows when to take an order and when to give an order. Do you know how rare that is? Brady has been good in a variety of different schemes. System babby? Which system? The Pats have always had offenses one step ahead of the current trend in defenses in the NFL, and they can do it because they don't have to worry that their QB won't work well within that system.
>>
>>64343557

No, Peyton WANTED to be OC and everyone just kissed his ass and said 'yes sir' because he was Peyton Manning. That was half the problem. Analyzing a defense from the los and doing it from the sideline are different skills. There's a reason the head OC's of most NFL teams aren't all former great QBs.
>>
Brady isn't even in the top 10 best athletes ever, if we're just going by athletic ability.
>>
>>64336893
>>64337823
What are you bumping for, shit thread most likely just bad b8 i r8 0/8
>>
>>64338957
>his success
Those are team stats. You missed OPs point entirely. Brady is talented at reading defenses and leadership and thats about it
>>
>>64351935
no shit, sherlock
>>
>>64338957
*diamond dozen

Are bradyfags all this stupid that they cant even speak proper English?
>>
Some people just are really lucky. Can't imagine how good somebody with real talent like Aaron Rodgers would be like under Belicheat.
>>
I watched "America's Game", the episode of the 2001 New England Patriots and it's pretty cool the way he ascended and how he managed to build his own place as a starter in the Pats roster.

I think his success is due to a special relationship between him and Bellichick, something that Bledsoe would never have.

GOAT? I don't know but you gotta give it to Brady. He is the definition of a winner.
>>
>>64352904
This, I hate playing sports with 'fair players' who lose
>>
>>64352128
>>good at reading defenses
>>good leader
>>that's it

Those are like two of the most important things you can have.
>>
>>64352128
I have definitely seen him throw the ball.

you brady haters as such fags, he's a top notch qb, none are in the league like him today. just come to terms with it, like it or not, it's real. You don't say bananas don't exist just because you don't like them.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.