[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne took to Instagram to address former
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne took to Instagram to address former NBA player Gilbert Arenas’ offensive comments about the women’s league with just the latest of her eloquent responses to the league’s detractors.

“Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at,” she wrote. “We are people. We have a purpose. We are role models. I am an athlete first and foremost. #ByeGilbert.”

Delle Donne’s comment came hours after Arenas wrote on Instagram that the best way for the WNBA to succeed is for the players to dress in their underwear to play basketball. He was rebuked by a statement from the NBA and WNBA as well as a number of WNBA players and their supporters.

On social media many have argued that Gilbert, who really is best known for that time that he threw his career away when he brought a gun into the Wizards’ locker room, isn’t worth the energy. After all, he’s irrelevant now and plenty of people say horrible things about the WNBA all the time. Whenever I write a story about it, 3/4 of the tweets responding to it are along the lines of “wait that still exists?” or “bor-ing.” Or worse.

But this isn’t the WNBA from 10 years ago that just had to be confident that if they kept playing, the fans would come and took the high road on snide comments made about the league (though because of the level of offensiveness of Arenas’ comments, they would have been moved to make a statement regardless of what year he had made them). This is a WNBA that has some of the biggest and most marketable stars in its history in Elena Delle Donne, Brittney Griner and Maya Moore. It’s a league that produced the first female NBA coach, a league that has a player that was one of the first athletes on Jay Z’s Roc Nation’s sports agency’s roster. And it’s one that NBA commissioner Adam Silver has been publicly addressing as a priority.
>>
#20tittiesand10asses
>>
#basedgilbert
>>
>>64292977
Elena Delle Donne is quite literally the only attractive woman in the WNBA. Too bad she's 6'6 and lanky as fuck. Hopefully she isn't a lesbian like all the other girls in that league.
>>
File: Carrot.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Carrot.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>64293848

>She's too tall for you
>You even had a chance
>>
Gilbert is irrelevant yet the league actually had to respond to him shitting around on instagram
>>
>>64292977
>“Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at,”
lel women actually believe that
>>
>>64294758
No they don't. Literally their entire day revolves around trying to get make attention. Makeup, tight clothing, uncomfortable shoes, etc.
>>
>>64292977
>“Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at"
No shit. They were also put on this earth to cook, clean, raise the children, and pleasure their men.
>>
>>64294758
>>64294796

so so much this.

And as far as Arenas comment that people would watch WNBA if the chicks were hot,

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR 8 FUCKIN YEARS NOW.

That and lower the rim to 9.5ft.

People would watch, I gaurantee it.
>>
At first Gilbert's comments were funny. Now it starts to become a boring discussion about sexism.
>>
File: 1449709351074.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449709351074.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>64292977
>“Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at,” she wrote.

I find it ironic that this was posted on instagram. Big lack of self awareness.
>>
>women's
>sports

dropped immediately
>>
>>64299257
oh come on you cant seriously think in the year 2015 where SJW rule the earth that you thought this wasnt going to devolve into feminist talk.

Arenas is retarded in how he said it but he is 100% right
>>
>>64292977
>Has the ONE woman attractive in the WNBA make a comment on based Gil
Notice they don't mention attendance or TV viewership #s, or just how much of a money pit the league was, is, and will always continue to be

>Brittney Griner is considered marketable
In what fucking world does anyone think this?

>Athletes think they are role models
When will this meme end?

>Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at-
Posting this on Instagram of all places is hilarious and the lack of awareness is even moreso.

The WNBA must realize they have NEVER had this much pub in the league's entire history. Based Hibachi heating up has brought the WNBA into the limelight in the WINTER, which has never ever happened before. Still won't make people attend or watch games but its hilarious.
>>
>>64292977
>most marketable stars in its history in Elena Delle Donne, Brittney Griner and Maya Moore

who the fuck are they? please dont tell me a shoe company has cucked itself into making "Air Griners".

The ONLY time the WNBA gets mentioned on here (one of he biggest sports forums on the planet) is when someone made fun of them. They should really fuck off, I imagine they leach money from the NBA and keep those players from being paid as much as they should.
>>
>"Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at,”

[citation needed]

Adam was happy in the garden of Eden, chatting with God and eating lovely fruit all day long. Then Adam complained about being lonely, sacrificed a rib and was cast into a life of misery because Eve was a greedy bitch and ate one of God's private apples.

Fast forward 6,000 years and her descendants are still bitching on.

Women were LITERALLY put on this Earth by God to entertain man but all they do is fuck shit up and cry.
>>
In the end Gilbert is still RIGHT...STOP LOOKING AND ACTING LIKE MEN.
>>
I have never nor will I ever watch a WNBA game...show dat ass then maybe, or learn to dunk the ball
>>
>>64292977
>Women were not put on this earth just for men to look at
yes they were
>>
>basedGilbert
the groupthink on this place is reddit-tier
>>
>>64293848
Mate she is lesbo to the max.
>>
>>64299404
Can you compile a list of stats the wreck the SJWs about this? I would love to use it.
>>
quints for arenas
>>
I'll never not see them as 20tittiesand10asses
>>
>>64299831
>Avg. Attendance - 7318 per game(lowest average in league history) / -3.4% from last year(this # is all inclusive, not all these tickets were purchased by fans)

>TV viewership - Down 14% on ESPN/ESPN2 to 202k a game
>56k a game on NBA TV - an increase of 8%

56k viewership a game on NBA TV; 202k a game on the ESPN networks? Laughable.
>>
>>64293848
Skylar Diggins m8
>>
>>64300177
tbf 202k per game even seems like a lot for WNBA. Its probably just dudes who fell asleep with the TV on whlie watching PTI or something though
>>
>>64300254
Well the games come on like Midday to be honest, so that is more then likely a correct assessment.

Also, WNBA financials doesn't seem to be released for 2015, but I'd assume those numbers are awful like every year as well.
>>
>>64292977
literally who
>>
>>64292977
>This is a WNBA that has some of the biggest and most marketable stars in its history in Elena Delle Donne, Brittney Griner and Maya Moore.
Only heard of Griner out of those and she married a woman, fought her, then divorced her, all within a span of a few days.

>this isn’t the WNBA from 10 years ago
You mean the WNBA with Lila Leslia, who everyone knew about because she was the first woman to dunk in a pro game? Or Sue Bird, who appears in commercials to this day? Or Lauren Jackson, who was playing recently but might not be anymore, idk? Or Sheryl Swoops, etc. etc.

Come on, the WNBA is more irrelevant than ever. Fuck this shilling that passes for journalism.
>>
>>64300506
In fact, the WNBA can't even keep stars like GOAT Diana Taurasi because Russia is offering them a higher salary. A pro league cucked by Russia is the absolute worst thing that could happen in a U.S. sport.
>>
>>64300533
Hell to touch on this, her Russian team PAID her entire 2015 salary so she wouldn't play in the WNBA kek.
>>
>>64292977
Actually in page 1 of the bible it basically says yes women were put on earth for men to look at you heathen
>>
File: Basketball fail.gif (979 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
Basketball fail.gif
979 KB, 470x264
FUCK those whiny bitches!

If it wasn't for MENS basketball supplementing their pathetic league, none of those lesbians would be playing pro-ball in the U.S..

Bitches are 6 plus foot, and CAN'T DUNK a fucking basketball? Hell, they even made the ball SMALLER to accommodate their little lesbian bitch hands.

A good boys high school team could smoke damn near every single "professional" chick team, and yet they think we should "respect" them as athletes?

FUCK you!
>>
goddamn these hoes look scary af
>>
>>64301050
True story alert

I played a semi pro woman on a court in the hood between smoke breaks and destroyed her.

Didnt even have to get into all my sets. She couldn't handle the behind the back crossover, step thru, or reverse
>>
the only point of women's sports is for men to bet on them

they really are lower quality than youth or amateur men's
>>
File: IMG_20150727_140454.jpg (75 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150727_140454.jpg
75 KB, 480x336
>BEAN PIES
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.