[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basketball: Why can UNC lose 5 games and still be in top 20?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
UNC is in the top 20 of men's basketball rankings no matter what. They can lose several games straight and still be in top 20 while if other teams lose 1 game they drop from the top 25 entirely. What explains this irrationality?
>>
>>64285264
>What explains this irrationality?

muh tar heels
>>
>>64285264
Because they're losing to good teams? Instead of looking at their records at face value, check their RPI rankings. They're ranked 11 in standard polls, but ranked 2 in RPI. Their strength of schedule ranks 5th in the country and their two losses were to teams ranked in the RBI 100.

If they had lost to two shitty teams, they would be a lot lower.
>>
>>64285327
In NC, I feel like at least 90% of UNC fans are those that never went to UNC or have any association to it. They are Walmart fans, this sort of massive bandwagoning eclipses the popularity of NC State and Duke in the state
>>
File: ESPN President.png (41 KB, 524x316) Image search: [Google]
ESPN President.png
41 KB, 524x316
>>64285264
Not just at ESPN, but in all sports media.

UNC-CHeat grads are to sports what jews are to banking
>>
Just because nobody cares that your shitty meme community college isn't getting ranked doesn't mean you have to get salty about the school representing the 2016 Sports State of the Year
>>
>>64288176
Majority of UNC fans in NC couldn't get into UNC.
>>
>>64287391
>booty blasted state fan
>>
>>64289425
don't even care about NC sports, faggot.

But it doesn't take a microscope to recognize trash.
>>
>>64289472
>being this mad about an amateur sports team at a top 30 university
>>
File: lol.jpg (40 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
40 KB, 620x350
>>64289527
I ain't finna go da CLASS

I gotsta BALL HOMIE.

AYE ROY ROY I AINT GOTTA GO TO CLASS RITE LMAO
>>
>>64289425
>defending ESPN/Disney/Sports Journalism
Dude what the fuck are you doing?
>>
Who cares everybody gets into the tournament anyway. If they sucks they will lose in the tournament.
>>
UNC death penalty when?
>>
>>64293151
Never tbqh. It was a fraud by the academic community utilized by more non-athletes than the athletes themselves. If you want to give UNC a death penalty you should shut down the whole university, but that'll never happen kekeke
>>
>>64293151
Never. Doesn't matter if it's the biggest academic scandal in the history of academic scandals, it's a victimless crime. Public will never become outraged by it. NCAA will never have any motivation to take action.

By all accounts, UNC shouldn't be allowed to have an athletic department anymore. But nothing will ever happen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.