[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so much shit talk about the Panthers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 17panthers-1-master675.jpg (93 KB, 675x554) Image search: [Google]
17panthers-1-master675.jpg
93 KB, 675x554
"The Panthers are less impressive than one might expect a perfect team to be, with a schedule significantly easier than most of this season’s other elite teams’. The Panthers had a good win over Green Bay and beat Seattle on the road when that team was struggling, but otherwise they have mostly been playing noncontenders."

>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/17/sports/football/oddsmakers-view-carolina-panthers-as-vulnerable-to-new-york-giants.html?_r=0
>>
Because they're not a big market team nor a traditional power. People don't react well to change. This happens every time that a team is on the rise.
>>
>>64284783
>with a schedule significantly easier than this seasons elite teams...

There's your reason right there.

Winning games against mostly shit teams, and struggling, doesn't make them elite to the majority of everyone outside their bandwagon fanbase.
>>
Truthfully and I'm going to lay it down for you OP... The Panthers squeak wins out. They aren't dropping 50 burgers on teams. They're basically Vikings-tier with better luck.
And the moment the team is down by 2 scores Cam Nigton will go full pre-Madonna and it'll unravel the whole undefeated charade they have going
>>
>>64284920
I watched the panthers for years. Since Cam has been on the team the team has always been like this. Winning game until the last few seconds and lose. Just about every game they lost they were either winning for majority of the game, or they should have finished and won but didn't. Now they refined their methods and are finishing games.

>>64284855
Patriots should be undefeated and aren't. Panthers can't pick their schedule and weak teams don't win every game. Saints almost had them beat.
>>
>>64284920
>Pre-Madonna

Excuse me? It's Prima Donna. Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen
>>
>fans say they are goat and unbeatable
>"no they arent, look at their sechdule"
>UGH FUCKING SHIT TALKING YOU ARE ALL JUST JEALOUS AND HATE CAM BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK AFRICAN QUARTERBACK AND YOU ARE RACIST

Thats why.
>>
>>64284999
The point is that people are already proclaiming the Panthers as the SB champ when they may lose to some team like GB, Arizona, or Seattle in the playoffs. Your ability to beat mediocre teams consistently doesn't transfer over to beating great teams.
>>
>>64285265
Panthers already beat GB and Seattle. Patriots lost games they should have won.
>>
>>64285281
Seattle is a different team and the Panthers won by a score. The team is obviously good

I'd rather take some 13-3 team who's won games by 3+ scores and beaten the elite versus a team who is 16-0 and beat some good teams by less than a score while playing bad teams.
>>
>>64285325
Seattle is hardly elite at 8-5 bro
>>
>>64285338
I suggest you into reading.
>>
>>64285038
Literally reddot
>>
>>64284999
Once the Pats get those injured players back it's going to be over.
>>
>>64285353
I get it, both of you think the Panther's are beating weak teams by few points. But they are the only team that has beaten each team they played up until this point. They have an elite defense and no one can deny that.
>>
>>64285367
Panthers had injured star players and still won 38-0 last game. Their backups came in and did what they were suppose to.
>>
Wow I just now realized they play the NFC East, AFC South, and NFC South twice this year
2 of those are bottom 5 single season divisions all time, and the 3rd, which they're in, was bottom 3 all time last year
>>
>>64284920

The Panthers have the highest margin of victory in the league. They were squeaking out victories earlier in the season but that has changed the past few weeks bar the Saints game.

The team has only gotten better as the season has went on.
>>
>>64284920
>And the moment the team is down by 2 scores Cam Nigton will go full pre-Madonna
Yeah, that happened in the New Orleans game. Was down by 2 scores and they came back to win it.
>>
>>64284920

But they are dropping 40 burgers...what the fuck is this post, the Panthers are somewhere in top 3 in points per game....
>>
File: 1450063971699.gif (87 KB, 209x172) Image search: [Google]
1450063971699.gif
87 KB, 209x172
>Falcons, Busc, and Aints two times each
>Dalass, the Gints, YOU LIKE THAT, and Philthy
>Jasg, Clots, Hyoostin, and fucking Tennessee

>B-but we beat Seattle and GB

Green Bay is shit and you know it. Seattle is the only half decent team that they will have played all fucking season.

I bet they do go 16-0, but they are going to get fucking slapped in the playoffs.

Really, as a whole, the league is really weak this season. AFC is a better conference right now.
>>
1 Sep 13 WIN AT Panthers 20 Jaguars 9
2 Sep 20 WIN Texans 17 Panthers 24
3 Sep 27 WIN Saints 22 Panthers 27
4 Oct 4 WIN AT Panthers 37 Buccaneers 23
5 BYE
6 Oct 18 WIN AT Panthers 27 Seahawks 23
7 Oct 25 WIN Eagles 16 Panthers 27
8 Nov 2 WIN Colts 26 Panthers 29
9 Nov 8 WIN Packers 29 Panthers 37
10 Nov 15 WIN AT Panthers 27 Titans 10
11 Nov 22 WIN Redskins 16 Panthers 44
12 Nov 26 WIN AT Panthers 33 Cowboys 14
13 Dec 6 WIN AT Panthers 41 Saints 38
14 Dec 13 WIN Falcons 0 Panthers 38

The results speak volumes. They beat the Texans, Saints, Seahawks, Colts, Packers and the Saints again by a score or less. The only wins you can call good are against Seattle and GB. The Panthers opponents have a combined W-L of 75-91. Their schedule is weak.
>>
>>64284783
It's because they're jealous and the thought of a team with "no history" winning the superb owl instead of their shit team fills their little hearts with fear.

t. Jags fan
>>
>>64285579
If you remove GB and Seattle from that it's 58-82, remove the two worst teams as well (Titans and Cowboys) for statistics sake and it's 51-63. WEAK.
>>
>>64285579
>Texans
beat the Bengals
>Eagles
beat the Patriots
>Colts
>beat the Broncos

Every team with a winning record has beaten opponents with a combined losing record. There are only 11 teams with winning records in the NFL right now for fucks sake. The Cards lost to the Rams at home and fucking Landry Jones and yet somehow they are elite and the Panthers are not. Y'all are really grasping at straws at this point.
>>
File: schedule babby.png (198 KB, 715x831) Image search: [Google]
schedule babby.png
198 KB, 715x831
>>64284783
Here's your reply.

The only relevant teams they have beaten are Green Bay and Seattle, which isn't even saying much considering how much both of those teams have shit the bed this year.
>>
>>64285538
>Green Bay is shit and you know it.
You got any evidence for that claim familia?
>inb4 2 losses to good teams and 2 losses to mediocre teams means they're shit
>>
There are some seriously ass blasted panthers fans in here.
>why aren't they considered elite?

Here's why__________.

>NO. YOU'RE JUST HATERS! HASHTAG KEEP POUNDING! DAB DANCE! DAB DANCE!

... Okay, well here's a more in depth reason.....

>BUT THE PATRIOTS! STOP BRINGING UP THE SCHEDULE!
>>
They may have had one of the weaker schedules but I think people are underestimating how hard it actually is to be undefeated at this point. They are a very good team that has proven it can win close high pressure games. They've been playing with a chip on their shoulder all season in regards to the disrespect they've received from the media and fans.

Sure it's possible they'll be one and done but I hope /sp/ won't be surprised if this team makes a run.
>>
Panthers played the three weakest divsions this year and squeaked by in one possession games against good teams (GB and Seattle) which they could've lost if either team wasn't on their low point. They will get knocked out quick in the playoffs
>>
>losing to Peyton's back up
>losing to Philly
LOL
O
L
>>
>>64285685
see >>64285631
>>
>>64285684
>using inb4 with a perfectly good reason why.

Plugging your ears and going "LALALALALALA" doesn't make it go away, anon.

Also, refball/a miracle saved them from losing to the Lions for a second time.
>>
File: 1448160868016.jpg (161 KB, 771x666) Image search: [Google]
1448160868016.jpg
161 KB, 771x666
>mfw one and done in the playoffs
>>
>>64285684
Way to ignore every other team listed.

Enjoy your one and done.
>>
>>64285385
The AFC East is doing the same thing, familia. The Bills are marginally better than the Saints/Bucs but the AFC East isnt particularly better than the NFC South.
>>
>>64285688
>They've been playing with a chip on their shoulder all season in regards to the disrespect they've received from the media and fans.

espn analyst pls
>>
A better question is why are panthers fans so assblasted about the media when their team is 13-0.
>>
>>64285846
because black qb
>>
File: Madoka_is_smug_again.png (1 MB, 1305x885) Image search: [Google]
Madoka_is_smug_again.png
1 MB, 1305x885
>post yfw 19-0

Jealous haters gonna hate.
>>
>>64285633

In the year of our lord, 2015, you have saved a picture of the Panthers schedule, and named it "schedule babby", all for the purpose of shit talking the Panthers on a chinese cartoons message board. If this doesn't say pathetic jealousy I don't know what does. The fact is panthers on the warpath, they're bursting with talent, Cam Newton is crushing it - combine all those things and you have a superbowl contender. The idea that you can even question a 13-0 winning streak even with a light schedule is a joke
>>
>>64285902

How bootyblasted would Patsfags be if the fucking Panthers beat them in the owl en route to 19-0?
>>
>>64286026
>Taking all of 6 seconds to screen capture and name the image.

>Using said picture to give a visual aid to an answer for the question OP asked.

>this is mind boggling to cam guzzlers.

And still, your comeback is basically "FUCK DA HATERZ, #KEEPPOUNDING".

most cancerous fanbase since the Pats an hour after the last owl.
>>
You can say the same about the Patriots schedule as the Panthers. Patriots have played against weak opponents sans Broncos and still somehow managed to lose to Broncos & Eagles back to back.
>>
>Piece of shit Gnat defense
>Old busted Eli
14-0 incoming
>>
>>64284783

Just be careful what you wish for, man. As a Patriots fan I know it's pretty rough when your team starts to win. Starts to seem like the world is against you. I think they're a meme team so I'm not sure you'll have to worry about it, but just pray for forgiveness any time you might have shit talked a dynasty team.

Anyways it looks like NFL.com and other football media sites have pretty much moved on to excusing and glorifying petulant and immature behavior to help guys like Cam and OBJ become accepted super stars . They even went as far as to say the aforementioned traits are signs of a truly competitive athlete.

I just hope they go 16-1.
>>
>>64284920
>Carolina's margin of victory is 13.6 points(the most in the league)
>Carolina is #1 in scoring offense
>Carolina is #3 in scoring defense
>>
>>64285038
god seriously fuck off, kid.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.