[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any Euro sports have halftimes like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
464 KB, 1920x1080
Not trolling, but seriously asking. I know there are universities in europe, are marching bands a thing there, too? This video is just a random one, showing what you see every week across the country in the fall in the U S A. I know soccer matches have halftimes, so is there anything like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UkqXClEz24
>>
>>64281289
I don't think so, and who cares about all that pomp anyways?
>>
>giving a shit about nerds at a sporting event

This is why college sports suck
>>
>>64281289
marching bands are not a thing and there usually isn't much anything going on at half times because the stands are completely empty and everyone is getting beer/food
>>
Are you asking if we do gay things like that? No, we don't.

Halftime is for going to the toilet and have something to eat and drink.
>>
>>64281472
Sounds dreadfully boring. Is there ever any entertainment, even professional bands?
>>
>>64281289
they don't deal with this shit. they only pander to casuals during opening ceremonies for big events/matches and during awards ceremonies. The balon d'or ceremonies are cringefests, but at least they keep their halftimes free of bullshit.

I'll admit the college marching bands have a bit of historical charm and often represent the culture of the school, though. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>64281507
no. there's literally nothing. i think sometimes they might let some kids run around the field or something idk, I'm off grabbing beer and hot dogs.

in hockey they have to tend to the ice too
>>
>>64281289
no

our sports are entertaining enough and don't need useless additions
>>
File: Partizan Crvena Zvezda.jpg (53 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Partizan Crvena Zvezda.jpg
53 KB, 1200x800
There are better things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWVuz2zBbM
>>
Stop being so gay Murica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJI0ENzjIlQ
>>
File: 1425887817132.jpg (89 KB, 488x481) Image search: [Google]
1425887817132.jpg
89 KB, 488x481
>>64281556
What exactly is this supposed to prove? They're literally the exact same. Guess what, people yell loudly on both continents.
>>
File: yuro cant handle the freedom.webm (2 MB, 626x360) Image search: [Google]
yuro cant handle the freedom.webm
2 MB, 626x360
they can't handle the excitement
>>
>>64281641
that look he throws at the camera after the flyover kills me every time.
>>
>>64281641
>overwhelmed by freedom
>>
>>64281289
Probably the best marching band in the world and we don't leave at halftime.
http://youtu.be/c0VRGz_yW-0e at halftime.
>>
>>64281533
this pretty much.
if you go to a game you want to see sports. it's not an ENTERTAINMENT EVENT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY where sports is just a part of it.

also a lot of the things american's find entertaining we find incredibly awkward and forced. something like march bands for example. people would probably applaud out of courtesy because clearly it takes effort but no one would actually enjoy it
>>
>>64281833
>I have no fun therefore others never have fun either
>>
>>64281936
who said I have no fun? of course what is perceived fun differs from culture to culture.

the way a lot of euros see americans is that they're constantly putting on an act. always smiling, always DOING GREAT, being friendly, enjoying GOOD OLD FASHIONED HEALTHY ACTIVITIES, FUN PARTY GAMES AND SINGING ALONG. marching bands are an extension of that. they seem forced. they're like traditions your grandma tells you you should enjoy but no one really does, but everyone pretends to because it's politically correct. american's are the nation version of that obnoxious teacher's ass kissing kid at school.

now of course the reality is that a lot of americans aren't forcing it and that's just the way they act and we fail to relate to it. but for fuck's sake your supermarkets have workers gathering in a circle and singing chants before opening the store.
>>
>>64282102
oh, memes.
>>
>>64281411

>wish everybody was as cool as me with my anime folder and katana collection XD
>>
No European nation has a college as great as The Ohio State University

Finals are killing me bro my last one is tomorrow
>>
>>64281833
You've never been to an Ohio State game

We have a lot of pride in that band, they perform great half time shows. It's objectively the best band in the nation, so other schools do have subpar products I agree

Hell, they even travelled to London to do a show
>>
>>64282207
>We have a lot of pride in that band
exactly

it's like when you were in elementary school and it was the start of a new year or something and the teacher announced today we'll have an exercise where everyone tells their hobby and three fruits that start with the same letter as their favourite color or whatever and 20 kids go "oh for fucks sake" while 1 is "oh gee golly mrs. marbles I sure do love these fun teamwork spirit building activities". americans are that 1 kid
>>
I wouldn't want my tickets to get more expensive because of some act. Those bands seem fun though.
>>
>>64282314

>that paragraph

Guess it should be expected from a country that has its own set of inbred diseases
>>
For what purpose?

HT is to go and take a piss.
>>
>>64281289
Fans in euro sports care about the sport and make enough noise, there is no need for cheerleaders or marching bands
>>
File: 1449458226934.jpg (2 MB, 4940x3740) Image search: [Google]
1449458226934.jpg
2 MB, 4940x3740
>>64281289
>this is considered a sport in burgerland
>>
>>64282314
you couldn't have tipped your fedora any harder or made any more disregarded noise m8
>>
>>64282314
What? No. Our friends, fellow students, and in my case, family have performed in that band. It's top quality, it's competitive, and not only do they put on an outstanding musical performance, they also put on a great visual performance.

Your analogies are shit. And stop acting like its yuropoor culture to be above this shit. We have international students here, and guess what, they fucking love it too. Even if they don't like American football, or get the rules, they always say the band is their favorite part.
It's just something people enjoy and don't get overly autistic about

>>64282937
There are maybe 10 venues in Europe, throughout all sports league, maximum that will show similar passion than is found in Ohio Stadium.

You're talking about a school that's part of the biggest rivalry in North American sports, and easily a contender for the greatest rivalry in sport.
>>
This happened at a Italian half time. You can skip to 1:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq60EmOEayE
>>
>>64283044
>We have international students here, and guess what, they fucking love it too.
people who pay huge sums of money to come to america like witnessing exclusively american things??? who would've guessed
>Even if they don't like American football, or get the rules, they always say the band is their favorite part.
so in other words it's entertainment for people who come to a sporting event without caring about sports. gotcha
>>
>>64282993
that was like the complete opposite of fedora tipping retard. learn your memes before you spot them
>>
>>64281507
usually in europe the sport is the entertainment
>>
>>64283109
>>64282993
though now that I think about it I kinda get where you're coming from

in europe normal people can't stand this bullshit and it's the autistic fucks who do
in US normal people pretend to enjoy this bullshit and only autistic fucks are honest enough to say they don't
>>
>>64282993
>tipps_fedora.jpg
nice comeback

>>64283044
>rivalry in sports in USA
please, you know there is no such thing
>>
>>64283142
>replying to your own posts
>making long winded analogies

*tip
>>
>>64283144
nice meme hans, your sports started way after hours. if you didn't suck at wars you'd have history.
>>
>>64283158
>expanding your reply is answering to yourself'
yeah ok jamal
>>
>>64282207

App States marching band is better
>>
>>64283120
Ohh so that's why they always light flares and waves banners and ignore the game. Hmm
>>
>>64283323
>You are now aware App State has a marching band

There are many bands on the same level and arguably better than Ohio State. But I'm going to guarantee App State is not on that list.
>>
>>64283064
That was before the match, not halftime
>>
>>64281641
From living under Orwell's 1984 land to witnessing freedom embodied
I envy non-Americans because they get to experience freedom after living in squalor.
I was born free and don't fully appreciate it, god bless this country
>>
File: Shrimpettes_roses.jpg (493 KB, 1680x960) Image search: [Google]
Shrimpettes_roses.jpg
493 KB, 1680x960
We have cheerleaders come on occasionally except that the club's cheerleader group has some pretty young girls on it so you spend most of the performance wondering if clapping is a sign of pedophilia and wishing that the older guy sitting behind you would stop wolf whistling them.

For a bigger game (which doesn't really happen that often in League 2) we steal the local uni cheerleader group who are much nicer on the eye when you are trying to eat your pie at halftime.

Still it's league 2 football. The cheerleader performance is short and in one corner of the ground near the family section.
A few people clap but nobody really cares because most have left their seats to get a drink and/or a pie to read the match programme with or are checking their raffle ticket for the halftime draw.
>>
>>64281289

Not really. We have a very different sporting culture here. Huge college sports programmes, marching bands, elaborate half-time shows - for the most part these are alien concepts to us.
>>
>>64281507
NBA has best halftimes you'll get everything from magic shows to baby races
>>
>>64283044
Lmao almost every southern rivalry is 10x more competitive and exciting than that piece of shit forced meme game between Michigan and aOSU

>Iron Bowl
>Egg Bowl
>FL/GA

All way more intense
>>
>>64283144
Then there is this knob who doesn't understand that college rivalries are 10X more intense than the mercenary clubs in Europe.

That's the true meme. Players from all over the world, "rivals" paying each other for players
>>
>yuros will never understand the pageantry of TBDBITL
>>
>>64282102
oh please you asocial, no fun, dead inside nordic fag, real people in europe enjoy life and fun activities just like anyone else. stop pretending to be a badass cause you're really failing at it
>>
ITT yooros calling everything they don't/can't have sour grapes

>we totally mean it guyz, we in yoorop don't enjoy anything, no really, we love being miserable
>>
>>64281793
Lol no. All their marching and music is extremely rudimentary.
>>
File: murica.jpg (67 KB, 960x591) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
67 KB, 960x591
>>
>>64284061
>leaving out the Based Phoneix Suns Gorilla.

Not even from Arizona, lads.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.