[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the Messi of football?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
Is he the Messi of football?
>>
who is he
>>
CHICKEN
>>
He's the Donaldo of football

>throw for 450 yards and 4 TDs vs Jaguars
>throw 3 picks in the Divisional Round
>only win individual trophies
>everyone thinks you're the best because you had good stats
>>
But Messi is the Messi of football
>>
>>64275554
Exactly this. Brady is more the Messi of Am. football than Peypey
>>
>>64275538

How can you even compare it?

American football doesn't have any geniuses on the field, they all perform extremely specialized roles set by coaches, there is no room for individual performance beyond 'muh passes' and 'muh touchdowns'.

This is why the games are 80% commercials, cause nothing actually happens beyond counter-plays made by coaches.
>>
>>64275725
Messi hasn't won shit
>>
>>64275538

Did Messi choke every time the game actually mattered?

Was Messi just benched for being absolute shit?
>>
>>64275799
This is literally true for every position besides the quarter back , so you have no idea what you're talking about.
As far as the OP goes, no, because messi has won tons of titles and has not actually choked all the time , unlike Peyton.
>>
File: tfw (2).jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tfw (2).jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>64275810
u wot
>>
>>64275554
nobody thinks Donaldo is the best, that would be stupid.
>>
>>64275538
no. he's good. one of the best of his time. there's a very good argument that messi is the best of all time
>>
>>64275848
You'd be surprised
>>
>>64275842

Triggered cause your "sport" can be played by monkeys?

Thought so.
>>
>>64275892
>what are audibles
>>
>>64275892
QBs who aren't smart and can't improvise and have limited awareness will go nowhere

90% of people who I've seen say the stuff you're saying are people who have watched an extremely limited amount of the sport and/or have very limited knowledge as to what is actually happening on each play
>>
>>64275930

No, it's actually the opposite way around. I already covered QB with 'muh passes', you only think it's a creative role cause you don't watch any real team sport.

Go watch ice hockey if you want to watch Americans be creative, cause you certainly won't find it in American Football.

A footballer has to go 90 minutes with very limited input, while has 50 brakes and does plays in increments of a couple of seconds, if you think the two are in any way comparable you are a lost cause.
>>
>>64275799
I think you're using "genius" pretty loosely.
>>
>>64275967
I play hockey at my university you dipshit

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to American football so I'm not going to argue with you
>>
>>64275984

Messi is a genius, there is no one comparable in American Football because the sport does not allow for it.
>>
>>64276003
Have you ever heard of a corner?
>>
>>64276003
Messi plays a stupid sport, he's not a "genius"
>>
>>64275996

>I play hockey at my university you dipshit

Wow, what great arguments you have, not only do you think your opinions are relevant because you played a sport (literally what?), but you continue with your zero-argument strategy of thinking you can win an argument by claiming someone doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

I have explained by reasoning of why American Football is restricted in creativity, your sole response has been "you don't know what you are talking about" with literally zero arguments going against mine.

You don't want to argue cause you can't come up with an argument, it's as simple as that.

EU>US once again.
>>
>>64276026
You sound just the same as him. You don't understand what the players are doing so you view it as something stupid. He views football as being completely orchestrated by the coaches (which is retarded), you view soccer as being stupid, others view F1 as requiring little skill. These are all positions made from ignorance
>>
>>64275538
Why does he have so much face?
>>
>>64276048
Mayweather is more of a genius than Messi.
>>
>>64275996
he's baiting u m8
he's from fucking norway how do you expect
>>
>>64275538
Is he balding or is that just a freakish forehead?
>>
>>64276048
I'm not even an American

All I'm saying is that I don't think you really know the complexity of the QB position. Yes they receive input from the coach on what play to run but over half the time the QB at the line adjusts many details, shifting people around or changing the style of the play based on a defensive read which they do without coach input. Corners must be able to do offensive reads on their own to determine what zones and routes to cover to break up a play.

I'm not contesting that a guy like Messi might have more mental capacity than Brady but that's not the point of this thread. We're saying Brady is the Messi of American football, which is an analogy not a direct comparison
>>
More like Roberto Baggio desu senpai
>>
File: PeyTea Bagning.png (77 KB, 1387x344) Image search: [Google]
PeyTea Bagning.png
77 KB, 1387x344
>>64275538
Depends, has Messi ever tea bagged a trainer?
>>
>>64276124
The latter. He has an enormous dome.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x400
This guy went to Havard.

Messi probably couldn't even maintain a 2.0 in a community college

Argentina has a extremely low IQ average.
>>
>>64275799
The QB position requires far more thinking than any position in soccer. Other Am. football positions are about on par with soccer
>>
is he, dare I say..,elite?
>>
>>64275538

no, he is rooney
>>
>>64276518
not tru m8
>>
File: thistbh.gif (7 KB, 215x45) Image search: [Google]
thistbh.gif
7 KB, 215x45
>>64276062
>>
>>64275848
Just like nobody should think Peyton is the best, because that would also be stupid.
>>
>>64276165
>Fitzpatrick went to Harvard
That beard went to awesome. (sorry if that sounded a bit reddit)
>>
>>64276751
Which part?
>>
>>64275799

QB is one of the most difficult positions to play in any sport
>>
>>64275725
Brady would be the Messi of American Football if he passed to himself, ran through the whole defense and scored. But also did this very regularly
>>
>>64276150
underrated filename dèsü
>>
>>64277843
>citation needed
>>
>>64275538
Aren't QB more similar to a defensive midfielder?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.