[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raiders are finally coming home soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: LA Raiders.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
LA Raiders.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
LA bros, the Raiders are gonna be home soon! How do you guys feel?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 107x148) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 107x148
>>64271323
>more ese's in raider shit.
>>
No they aren't
Mark Davis should stop being a fucking jew and build that new stadium

Raiders are finally in the right track, last thing they need is a distraction like that
>>
>>64271323
Excited
>>
>>64271349
Raiders are a Hispanic team
LA is a Hispanic city

Raiders mean more to LA than the Dodgers do. The NFL knows that and that's why they're doing all they can to bring them here

I hope the Chargers are idiotic enough to build us a free stadium
>>
File: autism.jpg (10 KB, 158x200) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
10 KB, 158x200
>>64271323
>>
>>64271353
Yes, he is building a new stadium

In LA

Oakland already has the 49ers to cheer for. The Bay Area doesn't need 2 teams.
>>
>>64271370
Oakland to Santa Clara is 50 miles. That would be like telling dodger fans to drive to fucking Kern county if the dodgers moved out to the middle of nowhere
>>
File: facebook nfl fan map.jpg (2 MB, 3999x2260) Image search: [Google]
facebook nfl fan map.jpg
2 MB, 3999x2260
>>64271383
Too fucking bad. Blame Oakland for being a small piece of shit city that can't support a team

Most Raider fans live in LA. Look at Facebook.
>>
>>64271370
Will 3 teams in LA work?
>>
>>64271394
>kikebook
>mattering
oakland loves its teams they just wont be cucked into giving millionaires new stadiums >for free
>>
>>64271407
no the city had two chances to support a single team and failed miserably both times
>>
>>64271409
Then enjoy having the Raiders in LA

NFL owners know that most Raider fans in LA have more money than all of the Bay Area combined.

Most people above 40 still refer to the Raiders as the LA Raiders. They're the most profitable team that can go to the LA area

You really think that Angelenos are going to start supporting corporate bullshit like the Chargers and Rams? Get out of here

Part of being an Angeleno is being a Raider fan. It's a part of our heritage. In fact, it should have been illegal for the Raiders to move to Oakland to begin with
>>
>>64271407
3 teams in LA works better than 2 teams in the Bay Area. The Raiders are literally the Bay Area Clippers. No one cares about them there

>>64271409
>loves their teams
>only when they're winning

whatever fairweather fucks. At least LA is loyal to their teams
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 236x236
>>64271438
>Supporting a flip flopping franchise.
>>
>west coast sports
>nfc conference

It's all trash
>>
>>64271468
The NFL forced the Raiders out of LA dude. Look up what happened when Al Davis wanted to build a stadium in Inglewood in 1995 - the NFL wanted him to take a 2nd team

Why would anyone accept that, especially when the Raiders owned LA at the time?
>>
>>64271468
>implying the dodgers and lakers are not flopping and tanking
The based Clippers and Los Angeles Angels are the better teams
>>
File: image.jpg (365 KB, 2048x681) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
365 KB, 2048x681
>Im-fucking-plying

Kroenke's going to pull an Al Davis and move this offseason, even if the NFL tries to block him. He's the only one with the balls and capital to go to LA right now. Dean Spanos would do literally anything to get out of San Diego and play in Kroenkeland, and Mark Davis doesn't care where the Raiders play.

Meanwhile, the NFL has never wanted three teams in SoCal (this is why they tried to keep the Raiders from moving in the 80s) and most certainly don't want the Raiders moving back to LA because of the brain dead gangbangers in the city that are now sporting raiders gear because they think it looks cool.

You're getting the Rams (and probably the Chargers). Enjoy.
>>
>>64271491
Yeah if you're either bandwagon cuck(clippers) or live in OC(Angels).
>>
>>64271533
I always supported the Angels because the dodgers have been a fucking choking tire fire my entire life. 0 titles since 1988.

Clippers were because I liked the colors more and tickets were cheaper
>>
>>64271522
One problem with that theory: the Raiders and Chargers have affirmed they are going at this together

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/sports/football/chargers-raiders-los-angeles-stadium-plan.html

Stop talking like you know anything. The Giants, Jets and Eagles all play within 100 miles of each other, and are doing just fine. the NFL hasn't tried to move either of them

The NFL was at its best in the 80s when the Raiders and Rams were in LA, and Chargers were in SD. Everyone who isn't a complete fucking moron knows that the Raiders are going to be the Rams tenant (therefore getting a free stadium) and Kroenke is going to pay off Spanos for a stadium in San Diego

Prove me wrong? Oh wait, you can't. LA is getting a playoff ready team. I'm excited as fuck

The Raiders are already being covered in LA media like its a home team. Not the Chargers. Not the Rams
>>
>>64271545
I could never get behind the clippers. Even if they won a title. Clippers are plastic as fuck in LA. Angels that's over in OC , I don't have a connection with that part of town.
>>
File: lolz.jpg (7 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
7 KB, 234x250
>>64271545

>doesn't like a team because they're a "choking tire fire"
>is a clippers fan

funniest thing i've read all day
>>
>>64271463
Well, it makes sens for the Raiders go to La but what about the other teams? Specially the Chargers, I know they won't get a new stadium with public money, my question is if they'll manage to have a good a attendance in LA with 2 other teams there?

And Fox will bitch about CBS having 2 LA teams
>>
>>64271522
>PURO RAMS

lmao
>>
>>64271562
as shit as my clippers have been they are better than the lakers and dont have boring shit like pitchers trying to hit
>>
>>64271567
What's gonna end up happening in Stan Kroenke is going to pay Dean Spanos off so Spanos (Chargers owner) can build a new stadium in San Diego

But if Carson gets build, the Chargers will go to the NFC and go on Fox
>>
>>64271522
>You're getting the Rams
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

Tbh it'd be cool to have the Rams and Raiders play in the same stadium but it looks unlikely. Sorry OP, you can still root for them in Oakland, like most fans in LA have done for the past two decades
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 436x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 436x462
>>64271575
>says the guy that been watching for a hand full of seasons.
>>
Well the Raiders don't need a bunch of niggers committing crimes in outfits with Raider emblems on them like what happened in the 1980s. It was a PR nightmare for them.
>>
>>64271586
Why is it unlikely? Kroenke literally offered to share his stadium to the Raiders or Chargers

UPDATE: NFL Insiders believe that Stan Kroenke is staying in St. Louis

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/STLRams/tabid/137/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/19811/Jason-Cole-Believes-Stan-Kroenke-Accepts-Riverfront-Stadium-Deal.aspx

Sorry Rams faggots. The Raiders are coming home
>>
>>64271621
Fuck yes
>>
>>64271546

>Raiders and Chargers are in this together
Really doesn't matter when the Rams beat them there first.

The NFL isn't going to support three teams in LA for various reasons. Once the Rams are there, the NFL is going to break apart the Carson nonsense (which is Spanos's Plan A for getting to LA and Mark Davis's last ditch to get a stadium, btw). The Rams will take in the Chargers because at this point, Spanos would probably pay Kroenke to let into LA.

>Raiders are going to be the Rams tenant
Davis wants his own stadium. He's gone on record saying he won't be a tenant to anyone.

>The Raiders are already being covered in LA media like its a home team. Not the Chargers. Not the Rams
Except for LA's CBS station, who sure loves showing the Chargers.

>Stop talking like you know anything. The Giants, Jets and Eagles all play within 100 miles of each other, and are doing just fine. the NFL hasn't tried to move either of them
https://www.reddit.com/r/oaklandraiders/comments/3vx8n8/nfl_is_offering_to_help_oakland_draft_a_stadium/cxrt7yr

>this entire post
http://reddit.com/u/LARaider818

You're literally Reddit and even Reddit doesn't like you. Fuck off.
>>
>>64271621
>being automatically associated with cholos.
Costanzaface.jpg
>>
>>64271575

Better than the Lakers at the moment, sure. I've watched five titles come to the Lakers in my lifetime. How many have the Clippers claimed? My grandmother was a Dodgers fan (for 60+ years), and my dad is a Lakers fan. Also if you think they are contenders this year you are delusional.

LA is Lakers and Dodgers territory, the Angels and Clippers will always be little brother.
>>
>>64271644
See >>64271621

STL has put together a stadium and financing plan, and Kroenke is most likely going to be forced by the NFL to accept.
>>
>>64271621
That article says nothing. Literally if the Rams want to move they will. Davis doesn't want to move, if he wanted to i would understand your position better. Remember none of this has anything to do how many fans of each team live in LA and is all purely business oriented, why would the Chargers be moving otherwise?
>>
The NFL and owners doesn't want the Raiders in LA with Mark Davis as the owner
>>
>>64271674
Why?
>>
>>64271668
STL is throwing $200 million at the NFL for a new stadium and the NFL is kicking in another $100 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/15/nfl-adds-another-100-million-to-st-louis-stadium-effort-sort-of/

That's $300 for a free stadium in STL. The NFL owners aren't going to walk away from this and it would be bad precedent for the NFL if Kroenke didn't accept. And no, Kroenke won't pull an Al Davis because he's a businessman. $300 million free for a stadium? Why wouldn't he accept?
>>
>>64271692
Al Davis and the NFL hated each other, plus he made a lot of crazy shit before dying

Mark Davis abide from running the football operations, but who knows if he won't follow his father footsteps
>>
>>64271693
Because not only would he be making a shot-load more money in LA, but he'd also have to pay a specific sum for that riverfront stadium that he clearly has no interest in investing in.

also
>Kroenke won't pull an Al Davis
Says who?
>>
>>64271719
Not to mention he wouldn't even own the stadium
>>
>>64271693
Because the LA market is worth considerably more than a free $300 million to build a stadium in meth country and he'd have it to himself for a minimum of a year while the Chargers and Raiders trip over each other trying to figure out how to make Carson work (spoiler: it won't.) Are you really this stupid?

>he's a redditor

Nevermind.
>>
>>64271719
Kroenke already bought the land that the stadium in STL is going to be built on, so clearly he has some desire to stay. Not to mention he met with the Missouri governor earlier this month to talk about the pending relocation.

There is no way in HELL that the NFL doesn't accept public money that is being offered like this. It would be insanely illogical.

The NFL stands more to gain if a familiar brand like the Raiders moves to LA, where they'd instantly have a lot of support, than if a team like the Chargers or Rams moved here. I think the NFL by far wants the Raiders here for marketing reasons.

It's the only brand that meshes well with LA
>>
>>64271726
Unless I'm missing something, "meth country" probably has more money than Oakland does.
>>
>>64271754
Actually, he hasn't bought any land in St Louis and was CONSIDERING buying land in Maryland Heights. The NFL can't force Kroenke to stay and help pay for a new stadium. Once again, youre pulling facts out of your ass as if the NFL cares one bit about existing fanbases in LA. Again, this is about business, not fanboyism. Tbh you should be more worried if the Raiders can move in with the Rams at this point.
>>
>>64271692
>>64271674
A lot of people seem to be ignoring this.

Mark Davis and his father Al Davis are not rich men. They're well off because they own a football team but they don't have any business outside of the Raiders like every other owner in the league except the Packers with their weird situation.

Now, the NFL is okay with that because Al was an icon of the league and Mark doesn't rock the boat. But that's in Oakland. A relatively quiet city that also has the 49ers nearby to draw heat.

The thing about the L.A. market is that the NFL sees an opportunity there and they want to maximize their ability to exploit it by putting the best, most professional owners in that market. Dean Spanos has a lot of respect among the other owners and Stan Kroenke is a billionaire. The NFL is willing to accept both of those guys being their representatives in the L.A. market.

The same is not true of Mark Davis.

The NFL will not allow Mark Davis to move to L.A. It doesn't have anything to do with the Raiders, it has to do with Mark not being their kind of person. He's more like you and me than he is his other NFL owners. They don't want to trust the very lucrative L.A. market to a man like that.
>>
>>64271394
>alameda county
>49ers
fucking disgusting
>>
>>64271438
> it should have been illegal for the Raiders to move to Oakland
Stupid beaner, they were from Oakland originally. 22 years then a 13 year stint in LA, which didn't want them and treated them like shit. Now they are back home where they belong.
>>
>>64271621
>home
>a place they lived in for 12 years
You're fucking trash and so is LA. 2 championships in Oakland. More playoff appearances in Oakland. Started in Oakland. Calling LA the Raiders' 'home' is ignorance and arrogance wrapped up in stupidity. You belong on tumblr faggot
>>
File: 4313241432.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
4313241432.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
Missourian and Rams fan here. Had to suffer through the Cardinals leaving for Phoenix when I was a kid. Don't want to see another team go. They even won a Super Bowl here. Rams don't belong in LA any more than they do Cleveland. The Raiders belong in LA, not the Rams.
>>
>>64271394
>jest
>>
>>64274620
exactly. The Rams don't even have any fans in LA. I have not once seen any Rams gear in my 20 years in LA.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 447x444
>>64271407
Let's just have 16 Los Angeles teams
>>
Stupid fucking Los Angeles fags. The Raiders are just going to move again in 15 years.
>>
>>64274620
How do you think we felt when the Rams left? We've suffered two teams leaving so quit complaining. we've also had them for 30 years more than you have. The raiders were an 80s trend, it's time for the Rams to come home.
>>
>>64275567
It's your fucking shitty state's fault the Rams left. The Rams haven't won SHIT in LA, nor do they have any fans in LA unlike the Raiders

There's no fucking reason why California needs 4 teams. Everyone who isn't a complete moron can see that
>>
>>64275594
So the distance between Carolina and Boston is about or less than the length of California's coast. That encompasses at least seven teams on the east coast. Your 4 team comment is ridiculous.

Sure there are some raiders fans in LA but there are just as many if not more Rams fans. Btw they did win an NFL championship
>>
>>64275567

The city/region did not support the Rams. Nobody went to LA Rams games even when the team was good. I remember watching the first ever Rams home game at old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. All the players and coaches could talk about was how happy they were to be playing in front of actual fans for once.

The Raiders left LA because of league/owner shenannigans that have already been explained in this thread. They had local support, they were the hometown team. The Rams were an LA afterthought. It would be silly for them to return, especially if they can get a new stadium in St. Louis.
>>
>>64271394
>look at Facebook
top cućk
>>
>>64276105
Wrong and wrong

The Rams left because Frontiere ran the team into the ground for the last three years they were in so cal. She was skimming revenue off the top and needed a quick fix from a desperate city. St Louis to the rescue with a sweetheart deal that put money in her back pocket and is the genesis of the reason why they will be leaving soon. And again, the offer on the table in st Louis is laughable. 70% of the funding is expected from Kroenke. No dice. As for the raiders you're partially correct, lousy stadium deal, but you might want to check your facts on attendance their last few years in LA.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.