[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> $60-$80 for yet another 10 second fight that I watched on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
> $60-$80 for yet another 10 second fight that I watched on fb for free

Tell me again why UFC is SO much better than boxing.
>>
first for Gabi Garcia
>>
>be canadian
>get shot
>>
File: 0bc.png (416 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
0bc.png
416 KB, 623x527
>>64229642
Because you get to see people get knocked the fuck out as opposed to two fairies dancing around the ring most of the time.

It must be hard to be retarded.
>>
>>64229764

Dana White is laughing at you right now...all the way to the bank.
>>
>>64229642
Can you show me where in the rule book where it states you can only watch one? Boxing is only 1/3 of a real fight. I still enjoy boxing for what it is but it seems so incomplete to me. OP just take 1 jiujitsu class and you will see how much more complete MMA is. Hell, I did mostly stand up(kickboxing) training for 5 years before I took jiujitsu. I could run 10 miles with a weight vest and hit the heavy bag for 10 rounds with working out in between rounds and jump rope for 20 mins after. But 3 minutes of wrestling and Im exhausted. The grueling challenge of wrestling will make you respect MMA a lot more.
>>
>>64229805
I watched the fights last night for free while at work. I could have paid $5 to watch it at a friends house and its not just 1 fight, its for hours a fights. The event has free prelims before the 5 main event fights.
>>
>>64230252
different sports require different things from your body.

it's very much apples to oranges at a decent level.

you can learn how to take it easy and spot moments of when to relax in boxing, the same way in wrestling.

I've competed in collegiate and freestyle for about 15 years of my life so far, and I find wrestling very physically easy now that it's just technical jargon at the higher levels (it's hilarious to tool a roided up nobody)

at the same time I can't do striking for shit, it's very tiring for me and i don't find the fun in it.
>>
>>64230252

Not the point I was trying to make. I'm sick of people shitting on boxing and pretending that MMA is some sort of pinnacle of fighting achievement.

Also, if the fighting styles were reversed you would be telling me the same story.

Different muscle groups and different exercises you're not used to will usually kick your ass harder than what you're used to.
>>
>>64230353
You're full of shit. Its common knowledge that wrestling is more tiring.
>>
>>64230252

I've boxed for a long time and done no gi bjj, its not even comparable. While bjj was fun I would never want to use it irl unless I absolutely had to. If you think grappling is tiring you've never sparred someone that can fight.
>>
>>64229764
>fairies
boxers are so much harder than MMMemers its not even funny. why do they go down everytime they get even slightly tapped on the jaw? is this actually a real fight or is it a pro wrestling company?
>>
File: image_0.jpg (207 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
207 KB, 500x484
>>64230390
>>
>>64230424
whatever homie. not everyone needs dan gable's "fucking outwork them until you wear your hip/knees out from chimping out"

>implying i train with US teams for wrestling, who's turnover rate is 3 times that of russias.

fuck you.
>>
Because MMA is closer to a real fight, and the champs don't get coddled and protected (in the UFC, at least). You can see a mix of karate, brazilian jiu jitsu, tae kwon do, boxing, muay thai, etc. in a single fight.
>>
>>64230437
Im talking about wrestling, not BJJ. Going for double legs, sprawling. And you must not have taken Gracie Jiujitsu because that has Gracie combatives, which is primarily stand up based. Oh and can I get your autograph?
>>
>>64230454
Has lot to do with 4 oz gloves....
>>
>tfw last night me and my mates had trouble finding a reliable stream and I ALMOST shelled out 20-30$ because that's how bad I wanted to see the fight.

Woulda heemed myself if I did, this solidified the fact that I'll never pay for a UFC event in my life.
>>
>>64230505
You mad?
>>
>>64230454
I'm not doubting the level of endurance or physical ability that boxers have.

But for fucks sake, they barely even punch each other.
>>
>>64230567
theirs barely a noticeable difference between 4 oz gloves and 8oz plus boxers actually know how to throw a proper punch and can still take it handily
>>
>>64230567

boxers fight in 8 oz gloves which are very small, and they actually against people that can throw a punch.
>>
>>64230600
try watch the non-mainstream boxers the middleweight division is entering goat mode
>>
File: 1425415448261.jpg (22 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1425415448261.jpg
22 KB, 500x376
Pic related, it's this thread.
>>
You realise absolutely no one pays for a PPV to watch by themselves right? The only people who don't just go to a bar/resturaunt to watch usually have 5+ splitting the PPV or everyone bringing different food and beer so it works out. Lonely.
>>
>>64229642
people who make these comments are really stupid. the main event ended in 10 seconds yes. a spectacular knockout crowning a new champion. the other fights were wildly entertaining as well.

1000000000x better than the best ever boxing event.
>>
>paying money to watch human cockfighting
You're all sick to be honest
>>
File: memefight.jpg (82 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
memefight.jpg
82 KB, 1200x675
>Thinking Mcgoober aldo was gonna be fight of the night
>>
>>64230810

>spectacular

read: predictable and anticlimactic

How many fights in the ufc have been publicized as "great" that ended up being as lopsided as Kendra Wilkinson's tits?

Dana White knows how to make fights SEEM exciting
>>
>>64230667
>>non-mainstream

That's the problem with the sport right now though. It seems like it's really tough to catch any of the up and comers.

Boxing just doesn't seem as accessible as UFC is right now. Doesn't mean that it's the inferior sport, but it's a little tougher to get in to.
>>
>>64230862
Enjoy watching your golf dad
>>
>80$ for a ppv

lmao mr shekelstein got his balls deep in you americlaps' fat arse
>>
>>64231055

You're mostly right, although the internet has helped boxing a lot. But you really have to be born into the sport. I guess its like baseball which I don't understand but know a lot of hardcore fans of it.
>>
>>64231121
Yeah, fair enough...that's a good way of putting it.

That's probably what boxing needs to figure out right now, but has a low chance of doing anytime soon. Once the UFC starts shitting the bed, they'll probably have to try and get some guys to crossover to MMA.

Fuck man, I don't know.
>>
>>64231055
PBC is at least making an effort to fix that
>>
>>64230934
Rockhold/Weidman FOTN.
Just a sad card all round if two guys gassing and one fucking the pooch royally with a vaudeville routine is awarded FOTN.
I don't expect every FOTN to be Rory/Robbie, but that was a disappointing night all-round.
>>
>>64231055
it doesn't help that there's no proper governing body and the ridiculous influence promoters have over the sport

but even if there were 20 different belts per division it would still be miles better than the garbage that is UFC
>>
>>64230529
>champs don't get coddled and protected
I like MMA but this is immense bullshit. You think Rockhold could have gotten laid out for a minute without the fight being stopped?
>>
>tfw we are alive to see the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rq8iKZnRyc
>>
>>64235716
Gonzales vs Lopez in their prime who wins?
>>
>>64229642
People got their moneys worth better watching aldo vs mcgregor than pacquiao vs mayweather though.
>>
Tell me again why you watch either of these fixed sports?
>>
File: mfw fuck off m8.jpg (27 KB, 219x311) Image search: [Google]
mfw fuck off m8.jpg
27 KB, 219x311
>>64229642
> Implying there has never been a 1 round K.O in boxing
>>
>>64230971
>guy hasn't lost in 10 year
>gets KO'd in 13 seconds
>predictable
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.