[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Say something nice about a sport you don't like >challenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 250x250-jim-rome1.jpg (38 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250x250-jim-rome1.jpg
38 KB, 250x250
ITT: Say something nice about a sport you don't like

>challenge mode: it can't be an insult disguised as a compliment

I'll start. Association football isn't commercialized to the point of insanity. People can watch it without commercials every two minutes, which sounds nice.
>>
Cricket is a gentleman's sport. It's more about the occasion than the action on the field itself.
>>
>basketball

uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fuck that's hard

I'll try a less awful sport that I dislike

>rugby league

I like the fact that there are more crosskicks than in union, I like crosskicks
>>
Baseball's good for advanced metrics
>>
Rowing can be nice for the scenery
>>
File: 1449913066863.jpg (317 KB, 1325x903) Image search: [Google]
1449913066863.jpg
317 KB, 1325x903
soccer is for faggots
>>
>>64200159
>Cricket is a gentleman's sport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUNt-q_8NW8
>>
Ping Pong is fucking retardo and only gooks bother.

The equipment only has value as a drinking game.
>>
I went Go-karting once and it made me realize driving in circles is kinda tough.
>>
Cricket provides an opportunity for upwards mobility among obese UK residents
>>
Baseball reminds me of my dad.

[spoiler]RIP ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
The upcoming concussion lawsuits that will destroy the UFC will allow UFC athletes to find more lucrative employment, as bouncers.
>>
I like that baseball rewards pitchers for deceiving batters. In cricket, most wickets are just mistakes from batsman. The truly great deliveries, deliveries that a batsman can't even get a bat on, are usually worth nothing.
>>
>>64200483
>In cricket, most wickets are just mistakes from batsman

Nigga you fucking serious
>>
>>64200496
It's true. The best deliveries don't get wickets. Cricket also has a bunch of ridiculous rules designed to hinder bowlers for the sake of it.

>not LBW because contact was 1cm outside the line even though it's smashing into the stumps

Literally why?
>>
If there was no golf, there would be no Caddy Shack.
>>
Soccer is fun to watch if you bet on it.
>>
>>64200132
I really like watching USA girls play soccer.
>>
Over a billion people alive right now have played soccer in some form, the ones who compete at the top are the absolute cream of a very large and wide crop.
>>
>>64200637
The outside the line rule will disappear within 5 years t b h

And no, the best deliveries don't get wickets, because if they were ACTUALLY the best, they would have got a wicket. Just because it moved tons doesn't make it amazing, if it moved tons and took the top of off stump with it it'd be amazing.
>>
Baseball has had a profound influence on American culture.
>>
American Football seems like a tactical sport and perhaps I am too dumb to understand it.
>>
Hockey players are tough as shit
>>
MMA has incredible marketing and is able to get the most anticipated matchups made.
>>
American Football is able to provide well paid jobs for people who would otherwise be gangbangers and most likely dead or in prison before reaching the age of 20.
>>
>>64202275
why the hate for hockey?

>soccer is a cheap sport money-wise to get into.
>>
I can appreciate the skill, endurance, and toughness it takes to play professional hockey.
>>
Soccer games don't have commercials
>>
Handegg:

cheerleaders are hot
>>
>>64200233
>all those australians in the comments furiously screaming about how overrated anderson is
>>
>>64200132
American football has cool looking uniforms. I really dig the armored look desu.

Shame to sport is unwatchable due to fucking ad breaks every other minute.
>>
Soccer is nice if you want to dabble in gay culture.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.