[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will modern sports ever match the talent and magic of the late
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzOTIwMjU5NTk2.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzOTIwMjU5NTk2.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Will modern sports ever match the talent and magic of the late 80s/early 90s?

>Michael Jordan
>Wayne Gretzky
>Kirby Puckett
>Magic Johnson
>Bo Jackson
>Joe Montana
>Larry Bird

And, counting wrastling:

>Hulk Hogan
>Andre the Giant
>Macho Man
>Ultimate Warrior
>>
>>64170562
>warrior
>hogan
>giant
>talents

what the fuck dude
>>
No, because you grew up
>>
>>64170601

No, some of those guys are legitimately considered the greatest of all time: Jordan, Montana, Gretsky, Bird
>>
>Patrick Kane (goat season this year)
>Steph Curry (future goat)
>Bryce Harper (future goat)
>John Cena (obviously goat)
>Tom Brady (goat already)
>Cam Newton (19-0 this season)

Yeah we got them beat already
>>
>>64170745

Of those, only Brady will match OP's list
>>
Hi grandpa
>>
gretzky will never be matched, his point records are simply ludicrous
>>
>>64170651

And some of the guys today are considered the greatest of all time. Again, you grew up.
>>
Nah, there won't ever be.
>>
>>64170778
John Cena will be Ric Flair tier if he isn't already. Curry could very likely be up there too, maybe even Bird level.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>Hulk Hogan
>Andre the Giant
>Macho Man
>Ultimate Warrior

bunch of geeks desu
>>
Every new generation will surpass the last simply because of the medical advance.

Athletes these days get literally engineered to become the best in their respective sport.
>>
>>64170562
Who?! The Post
>>
>>64172142

Doesn't mean they're better. I seriously doubt anyone from the next generation of footballers will match or be better than Messi.
>>
File: 1408644084816.jpg (60 KB, 850x470) Image search: [Google]
1408644084816.jpg
60 KB, 850x470
>>64170562
>>Andre the Giant
>>Ultimate Warrior
>talent
>>
Nope. Just look at Lebron. He was supposed to be the next MJ but that's never gonna happen now.
>>
>>64172229
I would bet my fortune on it. Maybe not as entertaining but definitely better in terms of endurance speed & technique.
>>
>>64170562
Only if you find a way to be a kid again
>>
messi
tom brady
lebron

are among the greats on your list.

also

>wrestling
>>
>>64172955
except football is not a sport you can dominate with athleticism
>>
>>64174436
Well no but at some point there will be someone as talented as Messi and receive a state of the art training from young age.
>>
>>64174540
maybe but it might as well take 100 years
>>
>>64174619
Nah, maybe 1-2 generations at max.
>>
>>64174667
I hope he's american
>>
>>64170562
>american flag
>still no tyson
What the fuck honkey.
>>
>>64170562
Don't forget Elway and Marino
>>
>>64171048
Not by anyone with reasonable sense.
>>
No because internet, twitter, etc. There's no magic anymore when you can wake up, roll over to your phone and stalk what your favorite athlete had for breakfast this morning.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.