[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Curry the greatest shooter of all time? I think so but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 9
Is Curry the greatest shooter of all time?

I think so but I was arguing with some friends and they say Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Iverson, Kerr, Kobe etc. are better.

They have nostalgia bias right? I honestly can't believe someone would claim Curry isn't the GOAT shooter.
>>
Curry > Jordan is silly talk atm but arguing that anybody was a better shooter than curry is ridiculous.
After this season the guy is going to hold the #1, #2 and #3 best 3 point seasons of all time while shooting at the 2nd best % of all time.

It's not even close family
>>
The stats don't lie
>>
Daily reminder that the NBA officials rig games to get who they want into the playoffs and to extend series.
>>
>Kobr, Jordan, Iverson
>GOAT shooters
What the fuck are they smoking? They all have a career 3 point shooting% in low .300s.

And yes, Curry is the GOAT shooter and it's not even close. No one has ever been able to hit that many threes with that kind of efficiency and while creating a big part of those shots off the dribble
>>
>>64122986
>They all have a career 3 point shooting% in low .300s.

That's what I fucking told them! They just say Curry just chucks more threes so he has better stats.

one even claimed Kyle Korver and Kapono are better
>>
Is Curry better than Jordan as a player? Probably not (and I am speaking from a place where I saw Jordan play his whole career.)

Is Curry a better shooter? Yeah, he is.

Is Curry the greatest shooter of all time? He is on his way to be. If he can keep this up there is no way anybody can argue that. I think Reggie Miller is right there for now, but if Curry can consistently keep shooting at this level no one will be close to him. But I prefer to wait until guys retire before including them into these kinds of conversations.

>>64123019
People are stupid, chucking 3s usually means your FG% is lower because its a lower % shot. The guys they listed are volume shooters but are better than Curry in other elements of his game.
>>
>>64123019
Your friends are legitimately stupid
>>
>>64123042

He's from Turkey.
>>
>>64123065
They know enough to know better m8
>>
>>64123042
I know. They are just being hipster cunts who wear nostalgia goggles.

>>64123065
not all of them were turks desu
>>
He still lacks the longevity of Miller and Allen but after this season he's going to own the #1, #2, #3 and #6 seasons in terms of made 3s and all that at shooting percentages of .424, .443, .453, .463. It's just utterly ridiculous, no one has ever shot the ball better than Curry over the last 4 seasons, this is an undeniable fact.

And this season he's on pace for ~425 made threes, the most ever made by a non Curry player is 269
>>
Curry is on a pace to be the greatest pure shooter ever.

Remember to account for eras and rules of those eras. 3s were a much smaller part of the game when Jordan, Kerr, Miller, and even AI were balling.

for my money Pete Maravich is the greatest shooter of all time, but there isn't really a way to prove that nowadays.

He will easily have the total record for 3s by the end of his career, but that's just as much as factor of the times as it is of his skill.

I guess the easiest way to put it is this: Jay Cutler will retire with more NFL passing yards than Steve Young.
>>
File: ayumulaugh.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ayumulaugh.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>64122901
>Kobe
>>
curry is so far and away the best shooter of all time that anyone who says otherwise outs themselves as an idiot or someone who didn't watch those other people play.
>>
File: 1408327988423.jpg (142 KB, 679x631) Image search: [Google]
1408327988423.jpg
142 KB, 679x631
Why are people claiming that Curry is changing the game?
>>
>>64122946

all sports do that though
>>
>>64123141
>I guess the easiest way to put it is this: Jay Cutler will retire with more NFL passing yards than Steve Young.
Not a very good analogy since right now there are different rules that make passing easier that weren't in place in the 90s. Meanwhile shooting a 3 right now is just as difficult as shooting it in the 80s (I'm discounting the 3 meme seasons with shortened 3 point line), the only difference is that people needed 30 years to realise that a 3 point shot gives you more points than a 2 point shot
>>
>>64123019

korver and kapono are much better shooters than ppl like kobe jordan and iverson. still not close to steph though.

>They just say Curry just chucks more threes so he has better stats.

thats one of the most retarded things ive ever read. as usage goes up, efficiency should go down.
>>
>>64123216
>korver and kapono are much better shooters than ppl like kobe jordan and iverson.

their argument for that was "being a shooter isn't just about threes, it's about the mid range too"
>>
>>64123243
Jordan and Kobe are only better than Korver at creating separation for their own mid range shot. Let all three shoot 100 open mid range jumpers and Korver would smoke them
>>
>>64123243
curry is elite from everywhere on the court. check his stats around the rim, especially this season puttin forwards and centers to shame
>>
>>64123019
KAPONO THA GAWD
>>
>>64123028
THIS IS THE ONLY RESPONSE YOU SHOULD READ. IT IS 100% ACCURATE.
>>
I don't really follow the sport, but let me get this straight: everyone's complaining that the Warriors score 3s all the time?

did they break the game?
did they expose how shitty a sport basketball is?
if Messi runs at the defense, there's at least a chance that he can be stopped. there is nothing you can do against a guy who can score from the halfway line in apehoop.

gg no re amerishits
next time invent a better sport
>>
>>64123272
I know senpai, I agree with you but sadly they don't understand. They say Curry has only been relevant for 2 years and he has to keep it up for 10+ years to be in the conversation with Allen and Miller. They also say the defenses were tougher back then

The only player I'd probably pick against Curry in a 3pt shoot out is prime Peja but even that may not be enough.
>>
>has 2 - 3 good seasons
>already considered GOAT
Literally why does everyone do this?
>>
>>64123299
There's ways you can stop Curry in the same ways you can stop Messi, from the distance Curry shoots the margin for error is so tiny most players can be put off the fraction of an inch it would take for him to put the shot wide. In the same way, there's a million ways you 'could' stop this, but when you're dealing with the GOAT, you're dealing with the GOAT and there's really nothing you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBaXSEkzAEE
>>
>>64123332
>2-3 seasons
This is his 4th straight season of shooting better than anyone ever has
>>
>>64123339
it's genuinely unsettling how good Messi is
>>
>>64123365
Last time I checked shooting the basketball isn't the only factor to determine GOAT status. Otherwise Reggie Miller would have achieved this year's ago.
>>
>>64123028
Curry has way more ways to score than Miller

Miller and Ray Allen were spot up shooters needing a good pass to create space for a bucket

Miller was clutch as fuuuucccckkkkk tho
>>
>>64123308
>defenses were tougher back then
This is total shit and those friends are legit retarded. Defensive schemes are far more advanced today especially when it comes to guarding the 3 point line.
>>
>>64123381
Last time I checked this is a thread about the GOAT shooters, not the GOAT players. So shooting the basketball literally is the only factor to determine GOAT status here
>>
>>64123381
last time I checked you were a dumb canadian that shouldn't talk about basketball
>>
>>64123385
Bucks/Sonics Ray could create his own shot pretty easily. Obviously not near to the degree Curry can but he was the #1 option, especially on the Sonics, and it wasn't due to him running off screens 100% of the time. Unless you're a teenage and only remember Celtics Ray this should be obvious
>>
File: 1432082995246.png (194 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1432082995246.png
194 KB, 330x319
>game is called basketball, the only objective is to put the ball into the basket
>steph is the best ever at putting the ball through the basket
>jordanfags still in denial that curry is the GOAT
>>
>>64123413
Last time I checked we invented your beloved sport.
>>
>>64123430
There's two sides to the game hombre and Jordan was one of the best perimeter defenders ever. If Curry keeps up this pace it will go down as the GOAT offensive season but that doesn't necessarily make him the GOAT overall
>>
if 3pt shooting is all that mattered than Reggie Miller and Ray Allen > Jordan, but thats not the case
>>
>>64123456
last time I checked your canakuck invented a shitty children's game that didn't even have dribbling. and your shit country still doesn't have a ring after "inventing" the sport
stick to kuckpuck
>>
>>64123423
doesn't matter Miller was the number one option regardless of his shot making skills, he had clever ways around this making him a G

I think it's help if you can play through screens it's a better tactic than handing someone the ball in the dying minutes of a game and hoping he can out dribble everyone and finish

Ray still went for layups but yeah they all came from screens during his Boston years. I don't remember Ray with too many handles but they did some Iso plays for him on the regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTH65786An4

watch the beginning A.I. makes a 3 and the announcers say he missed his last 17 3 point attempts, yeah Iverson, Kobe and MJ they weren't the best most efficient shooters
>apply LeBron finals volume shooting here for those guys
>>
>>64123385
>Miller and Ray Allen were spot up shooters needing a good pass to create space for a bucket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgJ_MZWg3iw
>>
>>64123579
oops forgot to mention Ray's best game for the Bucks came in open court

that guy had a solid all-around game

fast transition game in full open court

and good coming off screens during slowed down half court game
>>
>>64123491
>canada doesnt have a ring
>not knowing about based wennington

nigga did you even play nba live 97
>>
>>64123619
considering he was probably born in 1997 I doubt he did
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPmg6snijo
>>
>>64123619
>>64123627
absolutely kekworthy. kucked by your own countryman and you wave that around proudly
>>
>>64122901
Curry is without a doubt the best shooter of all time. Nobody listed in this thread is in the same league as him.
>>
how about Steve Nash?
>>
>>64123308
lol Curry will be shooting 3s until he's fucking 40 years old!!! He will blow Allen and Miller away because not only is he a better basketball player, he's a better shooter and when his athleticism goes he'll be able to have an entire second career doing the same boring spot-up shooting Miller and Allen made their bones doing.
>>
>>64123423
>>64123423
And Ray Allen as first option wasn't nearly as dominating and destructive as Steph Curry.
>>
>>64123779
How about him? He's alright but he's not real
>>
>>64123916
he's in the 50-40-90 club right? I feel like in order to be in this conversation, you gotta be in the 50-40-90 club.
>>
>>64123779
One of the greatest shooter for sure. Him and Dirk never get any love in those discussions
>>
>>64123975

Thats stupid. Curry isnt even in that club yet.

Nash's problem in this discussion was that he was a passer first always. He took way less shots than he should have. As a result he gets a slight uptick in percentages.

Meanwhile Curry is on pace for 5 threes a game. Nobody has ever scored 4 threes a game. And he is doing it at a high percentage.
>>
>>64123975
>>64124169

Nash didn't have the offensive ambition and dominance of Curry. Steph took his game and turned it to 100.
>>
>>64122986
>What the fuck are they smoking? They all have a career 3 point shooting% in low .300s.
Being a good shooter is about more than chucking 3's. That said, Curry can shoot it from anywhere, and his 3-point percentage could probably be even higher if he didn't take so many difficult shots, so he probably will go down as the best shooter.
>>
Best shooter? He's the best player of all time. Only delusionally nostalgic MJ fags would say otherwise.
>>
>warriors get rebound
>ball to curry
>no one defends him
>palms and travels to the 3 point line, shoots and if anyone is near him it's a foul

how do you enjoy this? what a stupid league. basketball was my favorite sport to play and i love watching college or even random high school shit but the NBA.... i just don't get it i don't know. i watch old school shit on ESPN classic or whatever and it's a completely different sport, a sport with excitement and creativity.
>>
>>64125023
The best player of all time is only a decent defender, passer, and rebounder?
>>
>>64125192

>passer,rebounder

hes one of the best passers in the league and a terrific rebounder for his size+position
>>
>>64125192
>decent

Watch some of their games, kiddo. I'm sure all you do is watch ESPN which is just wall to wall LeBron shit, actually watch the games.
>>
>>64125228
>hes one of the best passers in the league
"One of the best passers in the league" is ranked 19th in the league in assists per game despite playing on the team with the highest field goal percentage in the league. His assist percentage is 38th in the league.

>and a terrific rebounder for his size+position
For his size? The greatest of all time needs the caveat of size? No, it doesn't. For his position is fair. He's 7th for his position per 48.

So we have an incredible shooter, that's middle of the pack or even worse when it comes to passing, something that's considered kind of important for point guards, and he's an above average rebounder at his position. So basically, the greatest of all time excels at shooting and nothing else? That's hard to believe. Russell Westbrook, who I also wouldn't say is anywhere near the greatest of all time, beats out Curry in every statistical category except for shooting.
>>
>>64125414
Mad MJ fag detected
>>
>>64125443
Don't worry, if the league ever decides to do away with passing, defending, and rebounding, and decides games based on 3-point contests, Curry will certainly be in contention for the best of all time. Keep your fingers crossed.
>>
>>64125414
curry is an elite passer if you actually watch him. but his teammates are also good passers and they like to move the ball once more for the easiest shot. curry gets a lot of hockey assists if you're into
>advanced stats
>>
Even for /sp/ee, I'm shocked that this thread even exists. Curry is, without question, the greatest shooter of all time. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Ray Allen comes next but there's a pretty substantial drop off. The things Curry is doing this season are just out of this world.
>>
>Not a single mention of Drazen

disappointed t.bh family
>>
What makes Curry so good is he's on the level of Ray Allen (better), but with the handles to actually create his own space.

Nigga is a video game player.

LeBron is still better, but your friends are stupid.
>>
>>64125764
You're right, he's average 2.5 secondary assists per game, which leads the league. On the other hand, in terms of potential assists, which takes his team's ridiculous shooting out of the equation, he's 20th in the league. Even taking into account his secondary assists, he's way behind.
>>
>>64122986

Both Kobe and Jordan would go on godlike streaks of not missing shots, so many people consider them great shooters, which is true imo. People forget that Kobe held (still holds? with Donyell Marshall?) a 3 point record ingame.
>>
Curry currently has a PER of 34.7, which if he finishes out the season will be the highest PER ever (disregarding statistical anomalies caused from players playing <1 minute/game).

For reference, the only ones even close are Michael Jordan and Wilt chamberpot, neither of which has led an undefeated team which Steph is on pace for.

I truly believe he deserves to be called GOAT. It's almost laughable nobody saw it coming 2 years ago.
>>
>>64123141
>I guess the easiest way to put it is this: Jay Cutler will retire with more NFL passing yards than Steve Young
Jay Cutler plays with babby passing rules and Steve Young had to retire early due to concussion issues. Do you even watch sports?
>>
>>64129503
if curry has an undefeated team this year and sweeps the playoffs 16-0, i will call him the goat.

aside from that, he has to win some defensive awards, some more titles, and at least a finals mvp to even be in the conversation.
>>
>>64123176
He's had like one and a half good seasons why do people keep saying this? He needs quite a few years at this level to keep it up.
>>
>>64131805
Word.

They're on a fucking crazy hot streak right now that no one has figured out/had time to change rosters to beat. Every gimmick in sports ends eventually. Can't see this lasting longer than 60-70 games this year. Won't have a cakewalk playoff run like last year against heavily injured teams every round.
>>
File: baker.png (243 KB, 565x656) Image search: [Google]
baker.png
243 KB, 565x656
Eh. The game has changed such that teams are finally going all-in on the 3-point shot and he just sits back there and jacks them up. I really don't know why it's taken this long for this to happen. I think the Moneyball/Sabermetric analysis has finally convinced teams that more threes mean more wins so the defense is just befuddled. He's obviously a good shooter but the game has become sort of a joke.

The 86 Celtics were a much better all-around team as just one example.
>>
>>64129503
This year's Warriors team winning 82 games and sweeping the playoffs would be the greatest accomplishment in sports history. It's such a statistical anomaly that you might as well fill the top 10 of all time with their roster.
>>
>>64132023
remember the memes you posted all year when they repeat and btfo of /nba/ again. you'll learn one day
>>
>>64132191
I don't know how someone could pass so much bullshit off as analysis while obviously knowing nothing about a topic but just look at that
>>
File: 16mag-mouthguards-master675.jpg (87 KB, 675x616) Image search: [Google]
16mag-mouthguards-master675.jpg
87 KB, 675x616
>>64122901
He has that same arrogance as Colin Kaepernick.
If Curry was a bit more humble, people might like him more.
>>
>>64132272
They'll at least lose some games against the Spurs, both in the regular season and in the playoffs.
>>
If he can do this consistently for a whole career then he'll easily retire as the greatest shooter of all time.
>>
>>64122901
curry is not greatest what about yuki togashi
>>
>>64123243
Iverson was not a good shooter by any metric. He was a high volume, low percentage shooter who made his living at the free throw line. His persistence in attacking the rim and creating contact ended up making him one of the best scorers of his generation, but if you were to put him up against Curry in any kind of shooting contest he would get annihilated.
>>
>>64123779
Nash is one of the best pure shooters who ever played, he was just never the kind of scoring machine that Curry is because he was more interested in facilitating. If you want to talk about more scoring oriented players who shoot very well, a more apt comparison would be Dirk, who is about to get to #6 on the all time scoring list and did it mostly by shooting jumpers. He's also in the 50-40-90 club. But even he never put on the kind of displays of 3 point shooting that Curry is doing now.
>>
>ctrl-f
>no Kareem Abdul Jabbar

casuals
>>
>>64134048
no manlets allowed :(
>>
File: download[1].jpg (50 KB, 544x406) Image search: [Google]
download[1].jpg
50 KB, 544x406
>>64134048
based mitsui hisashi > curry on roids
>>
>>64123299
Canadians invented apehoop
>>
>>64134050
Iverson was just a niggerish thug who attracted fouls with his musky stench.
>>
Being a great shooter isn't only determined by 3's, any jumper is a shot.
I would determine greatest shooter on fg% not just amount made
>>
>>64134633
good job cpt. beyond obvious, you've added nothing to the thread
>>
>>64126859
>"Lebron is better than Curry"

I want this meme to end.
>>
>>64138140
Except it's the truth.
>>
not only is he the greatest shooter of all time he's the best player of all time
>>
>>64122901
bird
>>
>>64122901
You and your friends are both retarded. Ever hear of Larry Bird?
>>
>>64132708
>He has that same arrogance as Colin Kaepernick.

Lol did you see that video he sent to Messi about Messi reaching 30 million followers?

"Yeah, I'll send you this Curry signed jersey with the #30 to celebrate 30 million followers on Instagram."

lol Messi's like who the fuck is this. Can you believe the amount of arrogance it takes to give arguably the greatest player in the world of the most popular, richest, most widely played sport of all time a signed jersey about social media followers?

Fuck off.
>>
File: tumblr_mhbplh4ddf1rmerh9o1_1280.jpg (1020 KB, 1000x1042) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhbplh4ddf1rmerh9o1_1280.jpg
1020 KB, 1000x1042
Is every single post in this thread bait?

Jordan led the league in ppg for 10 of 11 seasons. In Curry's *best* season, he hasnt even acheived Jordan's *worst* ppg total during that stretch.

You want to talk shooting percentage? Jordan's career figure was 49.7% including his old years. Curry's is 47.5% and he doesnt have the inevitable decline included.

Want to talk points? Jordan had a season with over 3,000 points and another TEN seasons over 2,000 points. Curry has never even scored 2,000 points in a season.

So, unless you measure shooting solely by three pointers, there is zero argument to even compare these two men. If you legitimately think Curry even approaches Jordan in any category other than 3's then you are an underage faggot who never saw Jordan play.
>>
I think you should measure a shooter by how often his shots go in. Jordan had six seasons where he shot over 50% for the year. Curry has zero (0).
>>
>>64141974
tyson chandler is the GOAT shooter then
>>
>>64141985
We should put in a minimum attempts rule so children like you dont get too confused.
>>
I didn't know it only took 23 games to become the GOAT.
>>
>>64141985
DeAndre Jordan is superior m8.
>>
>>64141942

>neanderthal argument based purely on incredibly basic stats
>hurr u mustve never seen him play!

to even suggest jordan is close to curry in terms of shooting ability is to admit youre a delusional moron
>>
>>64142198
And what is your post based on? Stats may not be perfect but theyre a hell of a lot more reliable than taking your word for it.
>>
>>64142233

>basic stats support mjs case

http://www.basketballreference.com/leaders/ts_pct_career.html

fucking stop it
>>
>>64142241
>http://www.basketballreference.com/leaders/ts_pct_career.html

add a - between basketball and reference
>>
Michael Jordan's best year for true shooting percentage is 88-89 at 0.614. His career TS% is 0.569.

Steph Curry's TS% this year so far is 0.700. Career is 0.608.

Having a true shooting percentage of 70% is unheard of for a guy who is barely 6'3. The last non big man who had a percentage that high was Kyle Korver last year. And before that, some PG from the 70's.
>>
>>64142241
>>64142252
>>64142337
>m-muh "true" shooting percentage

Advanced fantasyfaggot stats are all curryfags have left. Truly BTFO.
>>
>h-he's the best shooter
>never had as many points or been as accurate as Jordan (and it isnt even close)

My fucking sides
>>
40% of Curry's shots are for 3 pointers. It's 55% this year. Of course his field goal percentage is going to be lower. What's impressive is that it's still almost 48% despite the volume of 3 pointers he's taking. But MJ still beats him in 2 point FG% (most likely skewed because most of the points came from attacking the rim). It sucks that shooting data wasn't collected back then.

Anyways I did the math, if Curry's field goal and free throw attempts were at the same rate as MJ's (per 36 minutes), Curry would be making ~31.87 PPG compared to Jordan's 28.3 PPG. It doesn't mean much but I think it's only fair if you compare them shooting at the same rate. Michael's volume of shooting is higher and he shoots more free throws, of course he's gonna make more points than Curry.
>>
>>64142492
>Takes 5 less shots than Michael
>Takes 4 less free throws
>hurr why doesn't Curry score as many points as Michael
>>
>>64143153
>ignoring that Jordan was more accurate regardless of how many shots he took

Curryfags are insufferable
>>
>>64143197
>ignoring that Curry made more 3 pointers than Jordan

if you kept literally everything the same (FG%, FT%, etc.) but upped Curry's field goal and free throw attempts to the same as Jordan's, Curry would score more points.

If field goal percentage is the only relevant determining factor, than Tyson Chandler would be the fucking goat shooter or something.
>>
>>64143197
Magic Johnson is more accurate than Jordan, does that make Magic a better shooter than Curry or Jordan then?

fuck off
>>
>>64123189
memepointers i guess, even though if you actually look at the stats you'd see only GSW is really chucking that many 3s
>>
>>64143222
>if he scored more he would have more points

Brilliant analysis.

Jordan had a better career FG% than Curry does. Jordan had six seasons over 50% to Curry's zero. Regardless of number of attempts, Jordan was more accurate.
>>
>>64143222
>le Tyson chandler maymay

300 attempts per season doesnt get you in the door you fucking child.

>>64143237
If you'd like to introduce some other criteria to gauge a shooter, i'm listening. Show me what makes Curry the best.
>>
>>64143268
Nobody is dismissing that. But accuracy and points should not be the only determining factor for determining the best shooter. Michael is more accurate therefore that invalidates Curry's three point shooting. There should be a methodology that encompasses everything and maybe Jordan or Curry wouldn't be the ones.
>>
>>64143254
It's not GSW. It's D'antoni when he came into the scene with the Suns back in 04-05. They literally revolutionized the whole 3-pointer trend but his strategy involved playing 0 defense and it's why he never made it to the finals with any of his Suns teams.
>>
>>64134486
>Slam Dunk
Mein neger
>>
I'm just impressed at all the random flags in this thread + how knowledgeable they are
>>
>>64122934
3 point shot is literally a harlem globetrotters circus play
>>
>>64142481

true shooting % isnt an advanced stat you fucking troll
>>
Reggie Miller was a better shooter and more entertaining. Faggots that weren't watching basketball in the Miller days need not respond.
>>
>>64143410
They're all Americans travelling or studying abroad. Don't be fooled. Like maybe 15% of them are actually foreign.
>>
>>64143280
Well it depends how you want it. Unfortunately this doesn't go back past 96-97 season. So I have to use this for MJ.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/shooting/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Curry's from last year. I'll be nice and won't use this year's stats so far because the sample size is small and it would beat Jordan's shooting from '98.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/shooting/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Jordan's a better shooter between 8-24 feet, but obviously Curry is a better shooter from beyond 24 feet.

If my team is down by 1, and I only need one shot left to win the game I want Jordan. If my team is down by 2, I want Curry to shoot a 3 to win me the game.

If we had a 3 point shooting contest between the two, Curry would win. If we had a HORSE shooting contest or any kind of contest that involves no defenders, I would pick Kyle Korver.
>>
>>64143445
Sport isn't entertainment, it's science.
>>
Has Curry done this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHFqBRLNZXU
>>
>>64143518
Has Reggie done this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8FksMVAdU
>>
>>64143542
You think 13 points in 33 seconds is better than 8 points in 9 seconds? O i am laffin.
>>
>>64143437
the fact that he turns a "circus play" into the most efficient point scoring play makes him GOAT then, doesn't it?
>>
File: 031513-globetrotters_1.jpg (392 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
031513-globetrotters_1.jpg
392 KB, 2048x1365
>>64143437
>dissing the globetrotters

son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVYsLrmAx4
>>
>>64131831
What?

As a shooter he's been doing this from day one. As a scorer? He's been averaging like at least 17 points since his rookie year
>>
>>64125414
Curry is a goat shooter

Elite passer: I'm not sure if you just started watching GS but his assist are down this year due to GS running draymond at point forward more often. Curry also leads the league in hockey assist.

Elite rim finisher:

Good rebounder: for his position

Decent defender:
>>
>>64141936
Curry did it as a shout out because during a recent global interview he did a few of the global reporters pointed out the similarities between the two and asked if Curry was a fan of Messi
>>
>>64122901
Only people who could touch Curry in pure shooting are Calvin Murphy and Pete Maravich
>>
>>64122901

He's getting there. Needs at least another season as good as this one before I could consider him the GOAT shooter though.
>>
>>64143299
>Curry is better at 3's
>there should be a methodology that encompasses everything

FG% includes 3's numbnuts
>>
>>64141936
Messi likes Curry you autismal communist
>>
Curry is undeniably the best shooter of all time. The question of whether he's the best player of all time depends on what he does from here on out. He needs 4 comparable seasons to this one to surpass Jordan and Lelbron for GOAT.
>>
>>64144793
>he mentioned lebrick meme
>>
>>64131105
His point went right over your head.
>>
>>64132494
Well Popovich and Riley agree, and I think they know a little bit about basketball.
>>
>>64142198
It's one thing to claim Curry's a better shooter, it's another to claim he's a better player. There's a lot of GOAT talk in this thread.
>>
>>64143127
Of course MJ shot more free throws, he attacked the rim.
>>
>>64143477
Wide open three:
1. Bird
2. Allen
3. Korver
Corner three:
1. Bird
2. Korver
3. Allen

Pull-up fastbreak three:
1. Curry
2. Durant
3. Allen

Contested three for the win:
1. Bird
2. Dirk
3. Durant

Impossible High Degree of Difficulty Three:
1. Kobe
2. Durant
3. Curry

Three Point Shootout:
1. Bird
2. Korver
3. Allen
>>
>>64146306
Uh you have Bird completely backwards. He was one of the most incredible difficult shot makers ever. He had to be in order to be so good since didn't have the athleticism of my elite NBA players.

Also
>Kobe anywhere on a best shot makers list
His clutch shooting percentages are pathetic, like ~ 30%. Only reason he's on this list is that he TAKES so many stupid shots. Of course he's going to hit a few. People forget all the misses and focus on the few difficult ones he actually made, like against Portland
>>
>>64146348
isn't Melo actually one of the clutchest guys ever?
>>
>>64146422
Yeah he is. He tops most clutch shooting metrics. IIRC he was pretty close to 50% at one on shots to tie or take the lead under 24 seconds. He's a killer halfcourt player who mostly relies on jumpers so it makes sense
>>
>>64146043
They don't agree with any of the bullshit you spewed in that post. At least you're right that they know about basketball
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.