[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree with good ol' Pop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Popovich on 3-pointers

>I don't think it's basketball. I think it's kind of like a circus sort of thing. Why don't we have a 5-point shot? A 7-point shot? You know, where does it stop, that sort of thing. But that's just me, that's just old-school. To a certain degree, you better embrace it or you're going to lose. And every time we've won a championship, the 3-point shot was a big part of it. Because it is so powerful and you've gotta be able to do it. And nobody does it better than Golden State, and you know where they're at. So it's important. You can't ignore it.

Full article
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597497-gregg-popovich-comments-on-disdain-for-3-point-shot-warriors
>>
>>64120339
that clickbait title though
>>
>shooting the ball is not basketball
ok then
>>
>>64120339
Some South American league tried a 4 point-line something like a decade ago, on top of the 3 pts one, but it was a complete fail.
>>
>>64120339
I hate it too, but it's never going away.

It needs to be moved further out again. Curry would still be good, and the integrity of the game would swing back to interior passing. Win/win
>>
>>64120366
Harlem Globe Trotters have 4 point circles near the halfcort/sideline

It's pretty based
>>
File: 4pointer1.jpg (12 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
4pointer1.jpg
12 KB, 267x189
>>64120366
>>
>>64120355
Yeah just linked the first shitty article I found since I actually read it yesterday in spanish, sorry.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25407446

This one seems better written.
>>
>>64120369
>It needs to be moved further out again

>3 point line gets moved back
>Curry is now the only player capable of consistently hitting 3s
congrats, you just made him even more valuable
>>
>>64120428
Why is that not okay?
>>
I'd rather see players hit some wet ass jumpers than barrel into to the lane with their main goal being drawing a foul and shooting free throws
>>
>>64120487
>barrel into to the lane with their main goal being drawing a foul and shooting free throws
Im so sick of this meme.

Those players are so incredibky skilled, that if they aren't fouled, they.make the shot every time. That's why they're fouled in the first place.
>>
File: butthurt much.jpg (111 KB, 720x578) Image search: [Google]
butthurt much.jpg
111 KB, 720x578
>>64120339
>>
>>64120493
James Harden is shooting .404 from the field and .313 from 3, yet he's averaging 29 points since he gets to shoot 12 free throws per game

So incredibly skilled
>>
>>64120517
He would avwrage more points if he wasnt fouled on his drives.
>>
>>64120517
FTA per game in career:

Michael Jordan: 8.18
James Harden: 7.34

Let's be honnest though, since he joined Houston, Harden shoots more than 10 FTs per games on average.
>>
>>64121047
Do you people think the freethrow fairy gifts players chosen by god with a trip to the line?

They break down defenders with the dribble and put themselves in position for an easy layup...

This is when the defense fouls them.

I fucking cant stand sports fans sometimes. /sp/ should be better than this. I should never have had to make a post like this.
>>
>>64121047

Jordan got fouled hard though, Harden runs into people and flops
>>
>>64121142
Here's a clip of James Harden breaking down defenders with the dribble and putting himself in a position for an easy layup before getting fouled by a defender who could do nothing to stop this incredibly skilled player from scoring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOYSzVLQyc
>>
>>64121171
Didnt watch it. Would you like to recraft your entire argument to say Harden flops 10 times per game, or just admit you were wrong and escape with your dignity?
>>
>>64121184
A big part of his free throws are blatant flops or "superstar calls"
>>
>>64121224
I don't really like him as a player either. Not since he kicked LeBron in the sack.
>>
>>64120339
>You know, where does it stop, that sort of thing.
I think at 3.
>>
>>64121243
This.
>muh slippery slope
>>
College basketball has already been ruined by 3's because their line is too short. As NBA teams get adjusted to the power of 3's they are gonna start spamming the same way NCAA teams do now. It makes it almost unwatchable.
>pick n roll
>attempted drive
>kick
>3

over and over and over and pls kill me
>>
yeah i think the sport would be better if every shot from anywhere was worth 1 point desu
>>
>>64120339
pop is just stuck on age old philosophies. get with the times and get good shooters pop. 3point line is there to stretch out the game to the perimeter
>>
>>64121604
Did you read the article? Did you even read the OP greentext past the first sentence?
>>
>>64121604
Except that he was one of the first coaches to build a successful and sustainable offense around 3s. Spurs were top 10 in made 3s pretty much every year from 2007 till 2014 and the offense that won them the title in 2014 often looked like Mike D'Antoni's wet dream.

Just because he doesn't like this aspect of the game doesn't mean that he can't use it
>>
>>64121507
its called evolution buddy, elite defensive teams will make these tactics harder and then they'll find new ways to score
>>
>>64120517
Those are respectable percentages especially since the season is only 25 games in
>>
>>64121604

Yeah, Pop is living in the past. When was his last NBA title? 2014? That's ancient history, man.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.